Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: CNC Cut Bartop Kits - Orders Open! New Models Available!  (Read 657460 times)

degenatrons

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 29, 2016, 05:53:23 pm
    • KADE
A simple way to make the control panel removable is to make access holes in the bottom panel and secure control panel from the underside.
A quick sketch to help explain what I'm talking about:

This makes for a sturdy fix with no visible screws.

The small semicircular cutouts can then be used to plug the holes on the underside if required.

Consider updating the CNC plans to include the access holes in the bottom panel.

cdf12345

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 13, 2020, 08:36:10 am
My cat has claimed the first game on the new cabinet, she even brought a milk ring as a "quarter" to save her spot.

stoopid2001

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 12, 2019, 09:12:05 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Hey, I'm interested but can't pm yet.  Can you email me?  Thanks!

HaRuMaN

• Supreme Solder King
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+45)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 22, 2024, 02:54:32 pm
  • boom
    • Arcade Madness
A simple way to make the control panel removable is to make access holes in the bottom panel and secure control panel from the underside.
A quick sketch to help explain what I'm talking about:

This makes for a sturdy fix with no visible screws.

The small semicircular cutouts can then be used to plug the holes on the underside if required.

Consider updating the CNC plans to include the access holes in the bottom panel.

Excellent idea! Why didn't I think of that? :o

HaRuMaN

• Supreme Solder King
  • Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
  • boom
    • Arcade Madness
My cat has claimed the first game on the new cabinet, she even brought a milk ring as a "quarter" to save her spot.

Excellent! My cat does the same thing with the milk rings, lol

Danky21

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 30, 2013, 05:51:56 pm
These are some great looking kits HaRuMaN! Would you mind sharing the dwg file for the 2 person cab? I only see the 1 person up above.

I would like to modify them a bit (if you don't mind) to fit a 20.1" 4:3 Dell 2001FP while retaining the 2 person control layout, and I'm afraid the 1 person design is just a bit too small for that sort of application.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 12:18:00 pm by Danky21 »

PTD

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 26, 2014, 10:54:16 am
Can I still order?  I am new and I just register this forum just so that I can order this cool cabinet.

HaRuMaN

• Supreme Solder King
  • Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
  • boom
    • Arcade Madness
@Danky21, I'll get it up soon

05SRT4

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 23, 2024, 10:13:46 am
  • Check out my Pow Pow
Hey guys, just wanted to show some shots of my build so far. HaRuMaN I am very excited about this build I know I would never be able to get a cab to look this good with my wood working skills. With this kit you saved me a ton of money and time!!  :cheers:

HaRuMaN

• Supreme Solder King
  • Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
  • boom
    • Arcade Madness
That's look great! Thanks for the pics and the feedback!

TheOne

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 18, 2016, 08:48:32 am
Does anyone have a link to the build diagrams for this bartop?

Thanks.

JDFan

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 21, 2023, 04:07:42 pm
Does anyone have a link to the build diagrams for this bartop?

Thanks.

The .dwg file is in the first post of this thread - you just need a program that can open AutoCAD DWG files - for example this one : http://download.cnet.com/Free-DWG-Viewer/3000-18496_4-127820.html

stoopid2001

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 12, 2019, 09:12:05 pm
Anyone have a pic of the two player version assembled?

Also will these type buttons fit depth wise?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HAPP-14-BUTTONS-JOYSTICKS-JAMMA-ARCADE-WKS-W-MAME-TM-/380195640715

HaRuMaN

• Supreme Solder King
  • Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
  • boom
    • Arcade Madness
Yes, standard Happ buttons will fit.

billmcse

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 09, 2013, 08:47:06 am
Can you put anything over the melamine to protect it? Also, what are you guys using, if anything, on the top of the control panel since that will obviously get the most wear?

bzbee

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 19, 2017, 10:16:02 am
These are some great looking kits HaRuMaN! Would you mind sharing the dwg file for the 2 person cab? I only see the 1 person up above.

I would like to modify them a bit (if you don't mind) to fit a 20.1" 4:3 Dell 2001FP while retaining the 2 person control layout, and I'm afraid the 1 person design is just a bit too small for that sort of application.

@Danky21 :- I'm curious what dimensions you'll need to modify to fit the 2001fp. Please LMK, thanks!

cdf12345

• Offline Offline
What kind of solutions is everyone coming up with to secure the plexiglass and the marquee?

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 09, 2024, 07:27:18 pm
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
What kind of solutions is everyone coming up with to secure the plexiglass and the marquee?

Screen plexi for me is held in with friction, bottom rests against the top of the control panel, the top is between the screen and the speaker panel. Marquee I use aluminum L brackets from Home Depot. a 36" piece is like 3 bucks. cut it into 2 17.75" pieces, drill holes for screws and mount. I also painted them gun metal grey.

This is a version 1.0 kit (with batons and no melamine):

I did the same technique to put plexi over the control panel. But for this monitor, since its a touch screen, the plexi is lag bolted into the LCD bezel.
If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.

dubleon

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 08, 2018, 03:27:55 pm
Also really interested in what  the 2 player plans look like :) Does anyone have any pictures of the completed 2 player? Also if anyone has any good suggestions RE: Admin buttons and speaker system for a PC MAME please PM me :) Thanks!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 12:40:15 pm by dubleon »

billmcse

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 09, 2013, 08:47:06 am
Batons seem to be a tight fit. I'm afraid of tapping them with a hammer as I don't want to chip the melamine off.

Danky21

• Offline Offline

@Danky21 :- I'm curious what dimensions you'll need to modify to fit the 2001fp. Please LMK, thanks!

Perhaps HaRuMaN can chime in, but it looks like as long as the circled edges are lengthened a few inches (along with the curve) it should be able to accommodate a 20 inch 4:3 screen.  This would also allow for a bezel rather than running right up to the edge, no offense Malenko. The next issue is fitting as much onto a sheet of melamine, but at the bare minimum it should be possible to fit 3 total cabinets onto 2 sheets.  Would anyone else be interested in this size if it was an option?

« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 07:30:11 pm by Danky21 »

dubleon

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 08, 2018, 03:27:55 pm
So its a modified 2 player weedcade that fits a 20.1" 4:3 Dell 2001FP screen? I might be interested  :)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 02:12:18 am by dubleon »

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Offline Offline
This would also allow for a bezel rather than running right up to the edge, no offense Malenko.

Why would I be offended, lol
What I did works best for her touchscreen based machine, and by best I mean it works and wasnt a pain. I did the same thing with my dreamcast based machine to fit the 20" monitor I put in there. The plans are community based, so anyone who wants to improve on it could and should.

The next change I was going to discuss with Haruman was adding a bottom panel to the back and making the back door smaller (similar to the top part of the V2 backdoor) so you can run power wires or USB ports and not have them be part of the door.

PTD

• Offline Offline
How do you guys smooth out the edges?  From the default cabinet, it looks like the edges are not smooth and looked exposed.  I saw the above picture from Malenko's cabinet that it has  nice black smooth edges.

JDFan

• Offline Offline
How do you guys smooth out the edges?  From the default cabinet, it looks like the edges are not smooth and looked exposed.  I saw the above picture from Malenko's cabinet that it has  nice black smooth edges.

The edges are covered with T-molding or other pieces of the cabinet that are covered with the Melamine so that the exposed edges shown in the default cabinet are not shown when assembled. IF not using T-molding you could also buy strips of black Melamine edging which is backed with glue so it can be added to the edges and then trimmed to make a clean edge. For Example This ( http://www.amazon.com/home-improvement/dp/B00315PNAI ) which has 25 feet of 7\8" edging for about $8.

PTD

• Offline Offline
Thank you JDFan.  Now you know how much I know about carpentry and that is why I will be ordering this nice arcade cabinet kit from HaRuMaN.  ;D

05SRT4

• Offline Offline
  • Check out my Pow Pow
How are you guys managing the power cable in the back? A simple hole at the bottom or are you using an adapter or grommet?

Never mind just read This article.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 09:00:47 am by 05SRT4 »

HaRuMaN

• Supreme Solder King
  • Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
  • boom
    • Arcade Madness
I mounted a power strip inside mine and just cut a little hole in the corner of the back piece.

cdf12345

• Offline Offline
I like using something like these male power socket connectors that feed into a smart strip.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00843KZP0/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?qid=1369921566&sr=8-3&pi=SL75

Danky21

• Offline Offline
So its a modified 2 player weedcade that fits a 20.1" 4:3 Dell 2001FP screen? I might be interested  :)

That's my goal at least.  I'd like to implement a few changes to the 2P design:

1: Increase height to allow for 20.1" 4:3, while leaving the width the same to keep the 2P setup.  A 20.1" screen would have a ~3" bezel, a 19" would have a ~3.5" bezel
2: Ideally the height would be added using Malenko's idea of a bottom panel in the back of the cabinet, so any wiring would not need to go through the door
3: Add a piano hinge between the 2 back panels, possibly with an arcade cabinet style lock at the top to hold the door shut?
4: Implement degenatrons' method of attaching the CP using holes in the underside of the cabinet, and screwing into tee nuts in the bottom of the CP.
5: Retain the current 2P footprint so that this taller "not-so-weecade" is compatible with any pedestal that is designed for the 2P "weeweecade"
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 05:08:03 pm by Danky21 »

cdf12345

• Offline Offline
You got a photo of it in action?

No, but Malenko should.  It was his idea.   :cheers:

2 screws into the vesa board, 2 into the weecade's side. Pardon the dirt, I dont really care enough to wipe down the cade prior to the photoshoot ;)

Do you have a picture of this zoomed out a bit?

HaRuMaN

• Supreme Solder King
  • Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
  • boom
    • Arcade Madness
@Danky, once I get back to my computer on Monday, I'll take a look at your plans.

Thanks!

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Offline Offline
Do you have a picture of this zoomed out a bit?

I can take one after work when I get home.

cdf12345

• Offline Offline
That would be awesome, thank you!

PTD

• Offline Offline
HaRuMaN,

I am new at this arcade building thing and I have been reading up (and watching youtube videos) on how to build an arcade machine.  The hardest part for me is the wiring the buttons.  Is there anyway that you can sell the cabinet with preinstalled buttons on the panel which is hooked up with an ipac (etc...) so that all I have to do is build a computer with working hyperspin/games and all I have to do is just plug in and play?

JDFan

• Offline Offline
HaRuMaN,

I am new at this arcade building thing and I have been reading up (and watching youtube videos) on how to build an arcade machine.  The hardest part for me is the wiring the buttons.  Is there anyway that you can sell the cabinet with preinstalled buttons on the panel which is hooked up with an ipac (etc...) so that all I have to do is build a computer with working hyperspin/games and all I have to do is just plug in and play?

IF you use an Ipac or similar encoder the wiring is actually very simple -- Just a matter of running a daisy chain wire with connectors for each button switch to the ground connector of each button and then to the ground connection on the Ipac - and then one wire each to the NO (normally Open) connection on the switch and back to the correct connector on the IPAC (ie. Up switch on 1P joystick to 1 Player Up connection on the Ipac) Just take your time and run one wire at a time and you wont have any problems with doing it. On the button switches there are 3 connection points - 1 for the ground - 1 NO and 1 NC - you connect only 2 of them ( The Ground and the NO) If you hook it up to the NC and ground instead of NO the button will always be sending a pressed signal except when you press the button which is not want you want so do not use that connector (it is labelled on the switch).

It really is a lot easier than you think because there are so many connections that looking at a completed panel looks difficult but when wiring it one connection at a time it is actually fairly simple. If you can do the Computer setup you'lll have No Problem  wiring the CP !
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 12:13:36 pm by JDFan »

PTD

• Offline Offline
If you can do the Computer setup you'lll have No Problem  wiring the CP !

I have never wire the buttons before so that is why I thought it is difficult.  I can build a top-of-the-line desktop computer completely from scratch in under 30 minutes so I guess I can give it a try. 

Thanks

retrokid

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 14, 2013, 06:36:16 am
Superbe work there matey

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

bzbee

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 19, 2017, 10:16:02 am
I like using something like these male power socket connectors that feed into a smart strip.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00843KZP0/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?qid=1369921566&sr=8-3&pi=SL75

Woodworking newb here. What's the best way to cut the wood for this? I tried drilling a hole big enough for a coping saw, but it was a bit slow going. I ended up going with a Dremel sanding wheel, and cut off too much on one side, so it doesn't look the greatest ...  :badmood: :badmood:

Fortunately this was a piece of scrap I was practicing on.

05SRT4

• Offline Offline
  • Check out my Pow Pow
To cut sharper corners I use a bit like this on my dermal - http://www.dremel.com/en-us/Accessories/Pages/ProductDetail.aspx?pid=561