HOW I USE MULTIPLE SM2 INI FILES

I have a seperate ini file for each game in my SM2 root folder, for eg;

daytona.ini
srallyc.ini
stcc.ini
overrev.ini
indy500.ini
sgt24h.ini

Each ini file has the FFB settings stated in the previous post, as well as the non-FFB settings from the original emulator.ini file.

The basic idea is to rename the specific game ini file to emulator.ini just before the SM2 Emu launches.
Then once the SM2 Emu closes to rename the file back from emulator.ini to the specific game ini filename.

There are probably quite a few ways to do this, I did it as follows but please note that the way I did it is totally specific to my system/setup.
So use as a guide only.

I actually used an AutoHotKey Script as well as a Batch file I mentioned in a previous post.

Here is the script for Daytona;

Sleep 200
WinHide, HyperSpin
SetWorkingDir, C:\Emulation\SM2
FileDelete, emulator.ini                                                                                 ;deletes the original emulator.ini if it is still there
Sleep 1000
FileMove, C:\Emulation\SM2\daytona.ini, C:\Emulation\SM2\emulator.ini     ;renames daytona.ini to emulator.ini
Sleep 2000
Run C:\Emulation\SM2\bat\daytona.bat                                                       ;runs the specific game [SEE BELOW **BATCH FILE]
Sleep 3000
Process, WaitClose, emulator_multicpu.exe                                                 
Sleep 3000
WinShow, HyperSpin
Sleep 200
WinActivate, HyperSpin
Sleep 1000
FileMove, C:\Emulation\SM2\emulator.ini, C:\Emulation\SM2\daytona.ini     ;renames emulator.ini back to daytona.ini

I amended the script to work with each game by changing the word daytona to the other game specific ini filename, for eg;

srallyc
stcc
overrev
indy500
sgt24h

I converted the scripts to .exe using AutoHotKey and placed them in a SM2 root subfolder named exe.

I then run this exe through my Frontend... HyperSpin, in my case (see attachment) to run each game.

---

**BATCH FILE

I created a batch file for each game and placed them in a SM2 root subfolder named bat.

This is daytona.bat;

start /min emulator_multicpu.exe daytona

This starts Daytona but also minimizes the SM2 Emu GUI.

Obviously the romname at the end of the command line needed to be changed for each game, for eg;

Sega Rally - start /min emulator_multicpu.exe srallyc
Sega Touring Car - start /min emulator_multicpu.exe stcc
Over Rev - start /min emulator_multicpu.exe overrev
Indy 500 - start /min emulator_multicpu.exe indy500
Super GT 24H - start /min emulator_multicpu.exe sgt24h

I did try to incorporate the command to start and minimize the SM2 Emu in the script without the need for a batch file, but couldn't get it too work as I wanted.
Someone more script-literate than myself may be able to do it though  ;)

isamu:
Thanks a bunch, much appreciated JW  :cheers:  Very different ini file ffb settings than mine. Interesting. I think by having the centering gain set 10000, I may have rendered the effect null and that's probably why I am not feeling it. Interesting that you have yours so low.   

Oh and just to confirm, the Immersion Touchsense Software you're using is the same as mine. In fact, I recently discovered that my ECCI ffb wheel uses the exact SAME ffb Immersion board that most Happ wheel users use. Wild.

By the way, quick question regarding Indy 500 and Sega Rally....are  you getting graphical issues in some of the textures? I get several glitchy looking textures in both games, and I'm running version 1.0

I will certainly try those settings on my end, and see how they feel and report back tomorrow. Cheers  :afro:

BadMouth:

--- Quote from: isamu on February 26, 2013, 07:25:45 am ---Oh and just to confirm, the Immersion Touchsense Software you're using is the same as mine. In fact, I recently discovered that my ECCI ffb wheel uses the exact SAME ffb Immersion board that most Happ wheel users use. Wild.

--- End quote ---

ECCI bought the boards from Global VR parts department.  ;)
Global VR caught on and now require you to return a non-working one to them or else pay a core charge.
I can understand. A $7,000 cab is enough of a hard sell, even worse if spare parts are out of stock.

Jollywest:

--- Quote from: isamu on February 26, 2013, 07:25:45 am ---
By the way, quick question regarding Indy 500 and Sega Rally....are  you getting graphical issues in some of the textures? I get several glitchy looking textures in both games, and I'm running version 1.0

--- End quote ---

I'm also using version 1.0 but I don't get any gfx glitches in those 2 games. Perhaps it's a gpu issue, I use a ATI HD 4650, which card are you using?

I'll post the rest of my ini file for the 2 games tonight, incase it is settings related.

isamu:

--- Quote from: BadMouth on February 26, 2013, 09:29:42 am ---
ECCI bought the boards from Global VR parts department.  ;)
Global VR caught on and now require you to return a non-working one to them or else pay a core charge.
I can understand. A $7,000 cab is enough of a hard sell, even worse if spare parts are out of stock.

--- End quote ---

Hehe  :lol

--- Quote from: Jollywest on February 26, 2013, 09:42:30 am ---
--- Quote from: isamu on February 26, 2013, 07:25:45 am ---

--- End quote ---

I'm also using version 1.0 but I don't get any gfx glitches in those 2 games. Perhaps it's a gpu issue, I use a ATI HD 4650, which card are you using?

I'll post the rest of my ini file for the 2 games tonight, incase it is settings related.

--- End quote ---

Intel Core i7 950 OC'ed @ 4.0Ghz
Nvidia GTX 680 4GB
6GB DDR3 Ram

Might be an ini file setting. Will do some experimenting...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version