Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Radeon HD4250 on boar drivers and CRT Emudriver  (Read 1568 times)

ckong

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 19, 2020, 06:48:09 pm
  • Retro Games forever!
Radeon HD4250 on boar drivers and CRT Emudriver
« on: February 20, 2013, 12:29:39 pm »
Hi, I always used Mameplus for playing games, but now I want to give Groovymame a go. And to get the most out of it, I first want to install the CRT emudriver 9.3 xp32.

I have an ASRock 880GM-LE FX mobo with a Radeon HD4250 onboard video chipset. I uninstalled the ´stock´ Radeon drivers first, through the Windows hardware driver uninstall procedure, and then I tried zo install the emudriver, but the PC replied that the videocard is incompatible.

Why is that? Is that because I don´t have an actual graphic card, but only an onboard chipset?

Should I do the uninstalling agin with the ´official´ Ati driver uninstall software, to be found on the www?

Calamity

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 14, 2024, 05:26:05 am
  • Quote me with care
Re: Radeon HD4250 on boar drivers and CRT Emudriver
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 12:45:13 pm »
That's probably a "Mobility" chipset. Check this thread: http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,109742.msg1163704.html#msg1163704
Important note: posts reporting GM issues without a log will be IGNORED.
Steps to create a log:
 - From command line, run: groovymame.exe -v romname >romname.txt
 - Attach resulting romname.txt file to your post, instead of pasting it.

CRT Emudriver, VMMaker & Arcade OSD downloads, documentation and discussion:  Eiusdemmodi

ckong

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 19, 2020, 06:48:09 pm
  • Retro Games forever!
Re: Radeon HD4250 on boar drivers and CRT Emudriver
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2013, 06:59:52 am »
yes, it probably is. thanks to your link I was able to patch the original Catalyst drivers and update my onboard drivers with it, so at least I now have the 'full-grown' Catalyst version running. :)

However, I also patched the CRT Emudriver (passed K according the modding tool), but I still can't install them, even not after using the Catalyst uninstall tool to get rid of previous Catalyst installments (which is the one that I just patched). I get the message that there was no compatible hardware or OS for the (CRT) driver found. So I guess I have to live without the CRT emudriver, too bad.  :-\
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 07:14:29 am by ckong »