Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: hickory, NC  (Read 5661 times)

Yenome

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 12, 2024, 01:03:06 am
  • Punch a fish. Make a wish
hickory, NC
« on: February 08, 2013, 08:59:24 am »
So anyone near Hickory, Nc want to do a get together. I been looking for a place with some classic games to play at. found one place in greensboro but thats lil drive for me. Im living in morganton nc if anyone else is near.
My Gf made me put a sig up. /whipped

CraftyMech

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 29, 2023, 08:08:45 pm
  • I love the smell of solder in the morning...
    • craftymech.com
Re: hickory, NC
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 01:44:06 pm »
I no longer live in Hickory, but my parents grew up in Granite Falls, and I was born in Catawba county. My parents still live near by in Lenoir. Hickory has grown so much it's too bad there isn't an arcade in town. Sorry I can't be of any help, nice to hear from someone from that neck of the woods.
BitKit 8bit FPGA Multi - http://craftymech.com

nakeworks

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 26, 2020, 09:49:37 pm
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 03:07:20 pm »
Wow.  I was going to Hickory every month to visit my brother but he just moved.  Sorry bro.  I'm in Fayetteville now but I'm trying to move over to Charlotte or Wilmington.  This doesn't help you but I'm bored and haven't posted in a while... :dunno
Thriller baby

Yenome

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 12, 2024, 01:03:06 am
  • Punch a fish. Make a wish
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2013, 09:21:35 pm »
aww im so alone in this area lol. perhaps someone near will see this.
My Gf made me put a sig up. /whipped

TopJimmyCooks

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 01:18:39 pm
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2013, 09:46:07 pm »
Hey nake - if you end up in wilmington let me know so I can give you my opto business (1 visit/year for contacts). 

nakeworks

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2013, 02:34:21 pm »
Hey nake - if you end up in wilmington let me know so I can give you my opto business (1 visit/year for contacts).

I'm just finalizing a contract for a shop on 17th Street.  I'm excited to be near someone that I can pester, in person, about my ineptitude with my arcade.
Thriller baby

TopJimmyCooks

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2013, 09:23:47 pm »
Cool.  I live just north of 17th st off of College Rd.  Let me know when you get down here- we're gonna hang.  I don't currently have any vids, except the mame rig, but I've got 6 pinball games and the workshop.  I know where all the (few) local game places are as well.  If you need any construction or real estate help with the move let me know- I'm jammed but always available to help a compadre. 

nakeworks

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2013, 01:23:24 pm »
Was told to look for a house near Parsley Elementary/Hoggard High School (yes I checked; it is Hoggard and not Hogwarts).  What do you think of that area?  Also, since the switchcade is so lonely and neglected, I'll do the honorable thing and take it off your hands.  Get him out of there, so surrounded by unfriendly ball slappers.  I've been trying to save up to purchase one of the new X-Men pinballs.  $5k is still pretty steep.
Thriller baby

TopJimmyCooks

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2013, 08:44:06 am »
We limited our house search to Parsley and Holly Tree elementary school areas, the only 9+ rated elementary schools at the time, and both in Hoggard HS district.  This was for educational purposes (my kids are in school, 2nd and 4th grade) and for continued property values. I can tell you a lot about the neighborhoods around here since I look at houses all the time (I fix and flip houses on the side).  I know several excellent buyer's agents as well.  I'm going to PM you my number since this is not of general interest. 

nakeworks

• Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2013, 09:05:10 am »
Groovy, thanks.  My kids are in 2nd and Kindergarten.
Thriller baby