Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: How to stop removing unwanted listings when importing to MA from MAME  (Read 2114 times)

zanna5910

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 28, 2023, 02:43:41 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
I'm not sure if more people already know this, but I just thought I would share as I discovered this solution.

If you are tired of having to remove unwanted listings (you know...) from your mame list after rescanning, then there is a simple fix.

Go into your Mame INI config in mame (not MA), and update your rompath to have multiple folders.  You do this by seperating each additional folder by a semicolon.  Not sure how far back multiple rom folders go, but I'm doing this in 145. 

For instance:

Find something that says in your mame ini:
rompath C:\directory

And set it like this:
rompath C:\directory;C:\another\directory

Then in MA, set your rom path to just C:\directory

Put all the things you want to boot up and be in your MA list in C:\directory and everything else in C:\another\directory (obviously substitute your file paths as you are using them).  When you rescan your directory, you will only get everything in the directory you set in MA.