Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: "The 90's Arcade Racer" kickstarter - interesting game in development  (Read 97883 times)

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 25, 2024, 08:10:48 pm
Re: "The 90's Arcade Racer" kickstarter - interesting game in development
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2013, 10:57:28 am »
Is there a way to purchase a copy of this game yet?   I totally missed the kickstarter!

The game is still in developement and isn't expected to be available until the end of the year.
He's partnered with Nicalis which distributes their games on Steam, so it's probably going to be available there.

isamu

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 18, 2024, 02:38:32 am
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2013, 08:19:15 pm »
new video interview with the dev:

isamu

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2013, 08:56:46 pm »
OK I just watched the video and all I can say is HOLY CRAP @ the new footage they show!!!! The screenshots they post at 6:30 in the vid has me CREAMING MY PANTS!!!!!!!!!! God DAAAAYUM the art design is off the charts!!! Plus, Tyrone confirmed wheel support!!! Hopefully they study the way the ffb wheel feels in Daytona 2, etc, and try to mimic those great effects in the game.

This plus Howard's OR2K6 PC Overhaul project and I will be in heaven!!!!!!!  :cheers: :dizzy: :notworthy: :applaud:
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 09:04:44 pm by isamu »

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2013, 09:49:07 pm »
Thanks for posting that.  :cheers:

They confirmed wheel...didn't mention ffb.  :P
I imagine it will have it.

The suspense of where the BYOAC logo will turn up is driving me nuts.
I didn't see it anywhere in that footage.

deathrow

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 07, 2013, 08:58:41 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2013, 07:23:37 pm »
Great interview.

Really looking forward to getting this game  :applaud:

jackiabu

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 04, 2020, 02:55:25 pm
    • http://jackiabu.blogspot.com/
« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2013, 05:10:22 am »

It really blessed to have more games creators. Directing our market ... :applaud:

But I  like to see someone take a project And try to fix all the  3D games in mame.   i know others emlu good but still missing dozens of 3d games :(

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
An update has been posted.  I still don't see our logo, but the game is looking sweet.

Hello everyone,

it's been a while since my last update so apologies for that, rest assured development is moving ahead smoothly and on schedule.

For the time being I wanted to share with you a few screenshots of the new track and cars.

I'm also happy to say that we have the game up and running on WiiU at 60 fps!

« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 02:53:10 pm by BadMouth »

Fursphere

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 09:04:15 pm
I'm also happy to say that we have the game up and running on WiiU at 60 fps!

Wii-U =  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:

I am have been a hardcore nintendo fan-boy all my life, starting with a NES when I was like 8 years old.  But after the Wii - I felt Nintendo had lost its edge.  To me, only the first party games were worth a damn - the 3rd party market had mostly abandonded the Wii.

The Wii-U looks great, I played the new Mario on it at Best Buy and almost bought the damn thing.  But the lack of 3rd party support still haunts me from my Wii days.

How is the PC version of this game coming?  Any updates on that?

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
I don't remember seeing this reward level before:

This one is for a bit of fun, everything from the £60 reward plus you get to appear as a spectator around the track, probably multiple times :)

It must have been added late.

The one I paid for is a step higher and says it includes everything above......

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
How is the PC version of this game coming?  Any updates on that?

There is really not much to the PC version since it's built on an already existing engine.
The majority of the work is art asset creation, which Antonis obviously excels at.
It's just a matter of making more cars and tracks and then fine tuning how they want the control to feel.

I guess getting 60fps on the Wii-U was a challenge, or he wouldn't have mentioned it.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 16, 2024, 05:59:16 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
I love the Wii U, (about to go play it here in a minute) but I'm not sure why they are releasing it on the console....  there isn't even a steering wheel available.  That concerns me as I was hoping the arcade racer would be arcade centric (aka focusing on wheels, ff, ect).  I know it's been mentioned that the game will support wheels, but I wonder if that's an afterthought or a focus. 

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
I love the Wii U, (about to go play it here in a minute) but I'm not sure why they are releasing it on the console....  there isn't even a steering wheel available.  That concerns me as I was hoping the arcade racer would be arcade centric (aka focusing on wheels, ff, ect).  I know it's been mentioned that the game will support wheels, but I wonder if that's an afterthought or a focus.

They are releasing it on the console to make money!  :)
It's a result of Nicalis getting involved.
They are also handling the gameplay so Antonis can focus on asset creation, so I'm hoping they don't screw it up.
Originally, Antonis said he wanted to spend a lot of time on the control getting it to "feel" like the 90's arcade racers.
In the interview they were both pretty animate about wheels being the way the game was meant to be played, so I think it is still a focus.
Unless the game is pushed out the door before Antonis is happy with it, I'm sure we'll get what we want.

isamu

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama!
Good lookin' on that update Badmouth. Those screenshots look marvelous. 2014 is gonna be THE year of the racer!

90's AR
Trackmania Valley
OutRun 2006 C2C Overhauled Howard Edition ;)
rFactor 2
pCars

:dizzy:

eds1275

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 21, 2024, 02:31:34 pm
  • Rock and Roll!
« Reply #53 on: June 03, 2013, 04:03:04 pm »
Unity is awesome. You build your game in it, and with minimal effort it can be ported to many different platforms. I'm guessing that had a part to do with the Wii.

twistedsymphony

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 03, 2024, 11:13:51 pm
  • Play stupid games... win stupid prizes.
    • solid-orange.com
    • CollectorsEdition.org
« Reply #54 on: June 04, 2013, 12:52:21 pm »
I wonder how hard it would be to convince the devs to add an genuine "arcade" mode for the PC version.. maybe a .ini setting or command line parameter that stripped away the main menu and required credits to play... that way you could build a 100% legit arcade machine with it.

Slydsho

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 19, 2014, 10:53:54 pm
  • Always Learning
« Reply #55 on: June 04, 2013, 10:05:49 pm »
I wonder how hard it would be to convince the devs to add an genuine "arcade" mode for the PC version.. maybe a .ini setting or command line parameter that stripped away the main menu and required credits to play... that way you could build a 100% legit arcade machine with it.

would love to see "insert coin" and be able to map this to a button, nothing like hearing the quarters hit the bottom of the bucket.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #56 on: June 04, 2013, 11:08:19 pm »
There are legal ramifications with something like that.  If you allow the game to run on quarters then somebody will try to make a buck off of it buy putting a machine in a real arcade. 

twistedsymphony

• Offline Offline
    • solid-orange.com
    • CollectorsEdition.org
« Reply #57 on: June 05, 2013, 09:19:00 am »
legal ramifications for who?

If you mean legal ramifications for the developer... all they'd have to is is code a "credit button" for an "authentic arcade experience" and then put a disclaimer that it is not to be used for-profit (similar to the disclaimer that MAME has).

If you mean legal ramifications for anyone who tries to use it that way... having or not having that feature wont stop them. There are many new arcades (like Galloping Ghost) that charge a flat fee at the door and have all the machines set to freeplay. Many of these even have console games wired up inside arcade cabinets.

I'm not a lawyer but I honestly don't see how adding such a feature would cause any legal problems.

Fursphere

• Offline Offline
« Reply #58 on: June 05, 2013, 09:38:36 am »
Doesn't this fall into the same category as VHS tapes and rentals  back in the 80s?  You buy the stupid thing - you own it - if you want to rent it out for a short period of time (for a fee) - I think that's fine.

You're not transferring the license. You're not illegally reproducing it.

I'd think you'd get in more trouble with the local municipal for not having the proper licenses.

Anyway, not a lawyer - just looking at the question objectively.

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #59 on: June 05, 2013, 11:00:29 am »
Doesn't this fall into the same category as VHS tapes and rentals  back in the 80s?  You buy the stupid thing - you own it - if you want to rent it out for a short period of time (for a fee) - I think that's fine.

You're not transferring the license. You're not illegally reproducing it.

I'd think you'd get in more trouble with the local municipal for not having the proper licenses.

Anyway, not a lawyer - just looking at the question objectively.

I doubt Nicalis (the publisher of 90's arcade racer) is that worried about such things.  It might even help their sales to have the game show up in a few arcades.

Regarding VHS videos, it's stupid, but a regular consumer copy is only licensed for personal home use.  A rental copy that costs more is required if you intend to rent it.  Similarly, you can't buy a CD and play it in public without paying for the public performance rights (payable as annual fees to ASCAP and BMI).

In this case though, yeah you'd get in more trouble for not having local tax stickers on it.
Since I supported the game on Kickstarter, I'm supposed to get a copy of all art assets to do whatever I want with.  I may use them on my next cab.

I met a guy who owned a mall arcade and was charging for xbox360 play time.  It was currently run by an attendant, but he was building a timer that would pause the game and then reset if they didn't insert more bills.  I didn't think to question the local vending tax implications at the time.  Now I'm curious as to how he handled that and also wonder if anyone every hassled him about needing alternate licensing for rental/public use of the games.  He was just buying consumer copies from the game store in the mall and had a deal where he was guaranteed to get the first copy of highly anticipated games.

EDIT: ....and as a kid I remember renting movies from someone who had copied movies they had rented from a legitimate source.  The movies came 3 to a tape and they tried to group similar movies together.  Their living room walls were filled with tapes.   ;D  Illegal as hell, but I don't know if they ever got busted.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 11:03:36 am by BadMouth »

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #60 on: June 05, 2013, 01:36:11 pm »
Yeah that's what I was getting at.   You can't use private copies of a game for public use.  At least not legally.  SFIV Arcade edition is 50 dollars, the actual arcade software, which is essentially the same game running on a pc, is around 1000.

I'm in no way suggesting that Nicalis is a big greedy corporation that would do that BUT the smart thing to do would be not to release an arcade mode.  That way if the game ever becomes a runaway hit, he could easily release it on one of these Xp-based arcade machines at a later date and not have to worry about bootlegging. 

twistedsymphony

• Offline Offline
    • solid-orange.com
    • CollectorsEdition.org
« Reply #61 on: June 05, 2013, 01:58:46 pm »
Yeah that's what I was getting at.   You can't use private copies of a game for public use.  At least not legally.  SFIV Arcade edition is 50 dollars, the actual arcade software, which is essentially the same game running on a pc, is around 1000.

I'm in no way suggesting that Nicalis is a big greedy corporation that would do that BUT the smart thing to do would be not to release an arcade mode.  That way if the game ever becomes a runaway hit, he could easily release it on one of these Xp-based arcade machines at a later date and not have to worry about bootlegging. 

So your argument is that they shouldn't do it because people might use it in an actual arcade? What exactly is stopping someone from simply putting a timer on it? Or placing it in one of the freeplay arcades that I mentioned above? Surely if someone were to go through the effort of designing and building a whole arcade cabinet for this game building a timer that locks out the controls would be a trivial task on top of it.

I agree with BadMouth... even if someone DID do that it would be a good thing for them... people play a few games in the arcade and go home and buy the game... Heck Neatherealm found out that Galloping Ghost wanted to build a custom machine for Mortal Kombat 9 they even helped out with the cabinet graphics because they realized how much of a benefit they would get from the publicity and exposure.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #62 on: June 05, 2013, 03:13:28 pm »
Man you are on the wrong forum.  We respect the arcade industry over here. 

There is nothing stopping someone from putting it on a timer... but timer-based arcade machines have never been successful, so it's doubtful anyone would try.  There is nothing stopping somebody from putting the game as-is either.  Of course in both cases it is completely illegal.  That's what's stopping them. 

I'm not sure what MK9 has to do with a racing game, or this conversation.  NRS doesn't have an arcade division, nor does WB.  They just don't make arcade games anymore. 

Maybe you and I don't have the same goals.  I want the game to be successful and I want the author to make some money so perhaps he'll make future games. I would like to see an official arcade port and other iterations of the game.  Adding credit inputs to the game can potentially do a lot of harm to is business model for the rather selfish benefit of a handful of hobbyists having the novelty of being able to put in quarters on their rigs.   

Slydsho

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 19, 2014, 10:53:54 pm
  • Always Learning
« Reply #63 on: June 05, 2013, 07:25:11 pm »
Maybe you and I don't have the same goals.  I want the game to be successful and I want the author to make some money so perhaps he'll make future games. I would like to see an official arcade port and other iterations of the game.  Adding credit inputs to the game can potentially do a lot of harm to is business model for the rather selfish benefit of a handful of hobbyists having the novelty of being able to put in quarters on their rigs.

sorry for "being selfish", I can always map the start button to the quarter slot.. i just like hearing the *kerchunk* and the game making a sound acknowledging it, feels more authentic. I'm not concerned with making profit, but i understand the issues it may present. As for me and having my machines take quarters at home, its a "piggy bank" for me, every payday i get a roll of quarters from the bank and i play until i run out, i go through this every pay period.

twistedsymphony

• Offline Offline
    • solid-orange.com
    • CollectorsEdition.org
« Reply #64 on: June 13, 2013, 02:12:40 pm »
Man you are on the wrong forum.  We respect the arcade industry over here. 
I'm not sure what MK9 has to do with a racing game, or this conversation.  NRS doesn't have an arcade division, nor does WB.  They just don't make arcade games anymore. 

I find it amusing that you would accuse me of disrespecting the arcade industry, an industry I worked in for a number of years, and an industry have spent a substantial amount of time and money to help preserve (at least locally).

I also want the game to be successful and I want the author to make some money which is why I've supported the project... I also though it would be fun to entertain the idea of this game in a real arcade cabinet for a 100% genuine arcade experience. An idea which you poo-pooed for reasons I was simply attempting to understand.

If you don't understand why I brought up MK9 then you clearly haven't been paying attention to what I've been saying. Am I correct in stating that you think someone building an arcade machine for the 90s arcade racer would be bad for the developers/publisher because they would be profiting from someone else's software?

I disagree with this because there is real-world evidence to the contrary.... For example: The Galloping Ghost arcade in IL decided to build a custom arcade machine for MK9, they contacted Neatherrealm to see if they would be willing to provide some high resolution graphical assets that could be used for the cabinet art. Neatherrealmn loved the idea so much that they helped create the graphics and gave the machine their official stamp of approval. Not only that Neatherealm decided to use it to help publicize the game by holding an official release party and tournament for the console release at the arcade. Here is the "official" MK9 arcade machine:

There are 2 of them (the only 2 in existence) at the Galloping Ghost arcade.

They were so overwhelmed with the added publicity for the MK9 machine that they encouraged and worked with Galloping Ghost to make an arcade machine for their next game... Injustice:

I want arcade racer to do well... I want it to do very well, and I believe that a genuine arcade mode would benefit them more than not having one, as has been shown by other non-arcade games that received custom arcade cabinets.

Maybe you have a real-world example were such a custom machine caused a developer/publisher to lose money? I personally haven't seen such an instance but I welcome any evidence you'd care to provide.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 02:15:45 pm by twistedsymphony »

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #65 on: June 13, 2013, 02:33:58 pm »
I read about MK9... check my avatar.  ;)  That was a planned promotional event.  One arcade got permission to do two machines on freeplay in exchange for a ton of good PR and advertisement for their game.  It's not the same as MK9 having credit inputs so that they can charge money. 

Sure I can give thousands.  Bootlegs.  When you put an unauthorized game in an arcade machine, you've essentially made a bootleg machine like back in the day.  The parent company typically gets the cost of one unit at best (the pcb you copied) while all the actual profits (additional bootlegs sold to others, quarters, ect) go to the bootlegger.    Now if you add credit inputs there are going to be people who take advantage of that... buying the 60 dollar (or whatever he's charging) game putting it in one of the xpe-based racing cabs, and making a lot of money that he'll never see.  If he wants to do a arcade version, the pricing should be more like 300 bucks for the arcade version, to offset the lack of profits from the quarters.  If the 60 dollar home version has credit inputs and he decides to try an arcade release at a later date the more expensive arcade version would never sell... people would pirate the 60 dollar home version or even if they purchased it legally he wouldn't really get his fair share of the profits. 

Makes sense?

If I offended you I'm genuinely sorry but seeing as how you've been involved in the arcade industry you should know better. 

Fursphere

• Offline Offline
« Reply #66 on: June 13, 2013, 04:09:33 pm »
Stern pretty much does this with there "HOME VERSION" Pinball machines.   They do not have a functional coin door (and usually less features on the table).  I think they even remove the code for coins...  not sure on that.   

But they sell for a good deal less than the "pro" versions that have working coin doors.

ids

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 16, 2023, 05:43:28 pm
  • Fighter Captured
« Reply #67 on: June 13, 2013, 04:20:15 pm »
The stern home versions are a complete steaming piece of ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- and have very little in common with the real machines.  They are small, crappy embarrassments to the industry.  They are not serviceable, use substandard parts, not fun to play, etc, etc....   But that's just my $0.02   ;D

Fursphere

• Offline Offline
« Reply #68 on: June 13, 2013, 05:53:30 pm »
Ya.  That's an opinion all right..... 

ids

• Offline Offline
  • Fighter Captured
« Reply #69 on: June 13, 2013, 06:02:19 pm »
Sorry - that was perhaps a bit strong.  I played one a little while ago - was on display at a retailer.  The retailer was also somewhat embarrassed.  The price, tho less than a real machine, is still quite high given the offering.  I would rather not own a pinball at all than own that ....that....thing.   sry, no offence meant to anyone

Fursphere

• Offline Offline
« Reply #70 on: June 13, 2013, 06:52:54 pm »
The fact is they use the exact same components as the "pro" machine - just less "features / toys" overall, or less software rules.

So if you're going to call the home model "piece's of ...." then you're calling the "pro" versions the same thing, because under they hood, its the same parts (just less features overall).  Same boards.  same coils.  etc.  I think they are functional machines.

Giving the current insane pinball pricing, any discount is a good discount.

I prefer older Gottliebs myself..   probably why I own four of them.  :)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 06:54:35 pm by Fursphere »

Vigo

• the Scourage of Carpathia
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 21, 2024, 08:20:28 am
« Reply #71 on: June 13, 2013, 07:24:14 pm »
I love gottlieb machines too. I'd think for $3000, I would rather get a good condition Gottlieb Black Hole than a home version of a stern, which has a playfield that is like a foot shorter.

Fursphere

• Offline Offline
« Reply #72 on: June 13, 2013, 07:31:44 pm »
I think the new transformers home version is the only one with the gimped play field.   I had honestly forgotten about that one

I was mostly referring to iron man and dark knight home versions. 

I've got a Black Hole. Brought it back from the dead.  :)   (That sucker is HEAVY!)

Vigo

• the Scourage of Carpathia
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 21, 2024, 08:20:28 am
« Reply #73 on: June 13, 2013, 08:11:46 pm »
Ah, the transformers is the only one I've ever seen.

Awesome you have yourself a working black hole. That machine is one of my favs.   :cheers:

ids

• Offline Offline
  • Fighter Captured
« Reply #74 on: June 13, 2013, 08:52:27 pm »
I think the new transformers home version is the only one with the gimped play field.

That must have been the one I tried then.  Perhaps same coils, but the playfield was certainly smaller, no DMD, game play was not entertaining, etc  I was told acces to the underside of playfield was not an easy thing as well.  I was left with the sense that the thing had no commercial value whatsoever due to it being very much not fun.  OK, ok, some value, but very much less than asking price.  Imho, it would get old real fast. I imagine, if placed next to my tron le, for eg, it would see no playtime at all.

oh ---steaming pile of meadow muffin---, sorry, we've gone way off topic here, my bad

Fursphere

• Offline Offline
« Reply #75 on: June 13, 2013, 08:57:38 pm »
I think the new transformers home version is the only one with the gimped play field.

That must have been the one I tried then.  Perhaps same coils, but the playfield was certainly smaller, no DMD, game play was not entertaining, etc  I was told acces to the underside of playfield was not an easy thing as well.  I was left with the sense that the thing had no commercial value whatsoever due to it being very much not fun.  OK, ok, some value, but very much less than asking price.  Imho, it would get old real fast. I imagine, if placed next to my tron le, for eg, it would see no playtime at all.

My buddy and I are of the opinion that the DMD itself adds almost zero value to a pinball machine's experience (he's got a Tron LE and a  Avengers LE for reference).  And they're expensive when they blow up.  (My Super Mario Bros pin may or may not need a new DMD, I haven't figured it out quite yet).

That said, the backbox on the Transformers HOME version looks horrible, and the playfield is indeed smaller.  SO ya.. I agree with that example.  :)

oh ---steaming pile of meadow muffin---, sorry, we've gone way off topic here, my bad

Oops?  lol

So.. uh..  how about those racing games?!  (I've been on the look out for a decent condition Checkpoint Pinball machine...  if that counts....  :dunno )

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #76 on: June 13, 2013, 09:16:36 pm »
I'm just glad nobody's grouching at me for voicing a different opinion.... there seems to be a lot of that going around recently.  ;)

Shouldn't we be getting a rough release date for 9AR at this point?

ids

• Offline Offline
  • Fighter Captured
« Reply #77 on: June 13, 2013, 11:04:13 pm »
I'd love a buggy beta build at this point!  And I promise not to nag about bugs, or I promise to report them, or whichever is desired.

I agree with your opinion on the coin thing tho.  As cool as it would be to have for personal use, the opportunity for abuse is there.  OTOH, there aren't many arcades left.  :'(

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #78 on: June 14, 2013, 09:09:31 am »
Shouldn't we be getting a rough release date for 9AR at this point?

End of year is what they've been saying since the beginning.
They've commented a few times that they were on track for a release toward the end of the year.

They've also commented that there is no set in stone deadline because they don't want to rush it out the door and then have to release a patch to fix all the issues that would have been discovered had it been thoroughly put through its paces before release.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #79 on: June 14, 2013, 12:22:42 pm »
I agree with your opinion on the coin thing tho.  As cool as it would be to have for personal use, the opportunity for abuse is there.  OTOH, there aren't many arcades left.  :'(

I apologize if I came across as harsh in regards to that.  It's just I've been around here for a loooong time.  About once a year, like clockwork, somebody asks how to manage coin insertion within a front-end. What they are trying to do is setup a mame cab in an arcade or in a public place for profit, which robs the arcade manufacturers and gets the mame guys in trouble.  I just took it as that this time, but I guess it wasn't.  The reason I'm very militant about this and not other forms of piracy, is because the arcade industry here in the states is on it's last legs.  Any significant amount of piracy could kill it completely.  Again, sorry. 

BM:  For some reason I was thinking this summer was the release.... guess I got my wires crossed.