Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Black screen  (Read 2712 times)

bochi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 10, 2014, 04:20:18 pm
Black screen
« on: January 20, 2013, 02:11:53 pm »
hi guys i have a problem with the drivers, i have an neo geo Mvu-4 arcade machine. the chassis is toei. when the pc is bootng i see a double screen but when windows xp loads all  get is a black screen. the video card i have is an ati 4670. here is the steps i used to install the drivers.

1.installed the latest ati drivers
2.installed the calamity drivers
3.replace mame.exe with groovymame
4.generated a groovymame ini
5.pointed vmaker to the groovymame directory 
6.groovymame found 120 resolutions
7.opened arcade osd chose 640x480 resolution
8.restarted my pc
9.conect my arcade machine.

i did all the setup from my pc lcd monitor.  also bought a dvi to vga adaptor but i dont get any picture with the calamity drivers or normal drivers from the dvi port.but all  get are red lines out of sync. and no pcture on the lcd monitor

also i tried soft 15khz with the latest ati drivers, but to make it work i had to go to ati catalyst program and select the option composite sync to make it work. but had resolutons problems with some of the games and others looked awful.

thanks for your time.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 06:11:43 pm by bochi »

Calamity

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 10, 2024, 02:02:31 pm
  • Quote me with care
Re: Black screen
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 08:17:29 am »

also i tried soft 15khz with the latest ati drivers, but to make it work i had to go to ati catalyst program and select the option composite sync to make it work. but had resolutons problems with some of the games and others looked awful.

thanks for your time.

It seems like your monitor, due to its specs or due to the wiring of your cable is requiring composite sync.

You can also install the CCC over CRT_Emudriver in order to enable composite sync. Use one of these links:

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/9-3/Pages/radeonaiw_xp.aspx?&lang=English
http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/9-3/Pages/radeonaiw_xp64.aspx?&lang=English
Important note: posts reporting GM issues without a log will be IGNORED.
Steps to create a log:
 - From command line, run: groovymame.exe -v romname >romname.txt
 - Attach resulting romname.txt file to your post, instead of pasting it.

CRT Emudriver, VMMaker & Arcade OSD downloads, documentation and discussion:  Eiusdemmodi

bochi

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 08:31:35 am »
thanks calamity for your time. but I have another problem the composite sync options only appears on windows 7 I tried the latest version of catalyst on xp but I cant find the option only on win 7. what can I do?

bochi

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2013, 08:42:18 am »
do you think it can be fixed by combinig pin 13 and 14 of my vga plug? right now I only have pin 13 only.

Calamity

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 10, 2024, 02:02:31 pm
  • Quote me with care
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2013, 07:50:28 am »
thanks calamity for your time. but I have another problem the composite sync options only appears on windows 7 I tried the latest version of catalyst on xp but I cant find the option only on win 7. what can I do?

You can make those options appear in XP too by editing the registry key where the video driver stores its settings, and set these values to "1":

DalAllowCompositeSyncAdjustment
DalAllowHSyncVSyncAdjustment
Important note: posts reporting GM issues without a log will be IGNORED.
Steps to create a log:
 - From command line, run: groovymame.exe -v romname >romname.txt
 - Attach resulting romname.txt file to your post, instead of pasting it.

CRT Emudriver, VMMaker & Arcade OSD downloads, documentation and discussion:  Eiusdemmodi

bochi

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2013, 07:14:07 pm »
well I tried finding those entry in the registry but could not find it with The find option. I bought another dvi to vga adaptor and this one works somewhat the screen keeps rolling fast up and down. I got the drivers working by booting with my pc monitor and then swapping with the arcade monitor and it works beatifully but on the dvi port I get the screen rolling even with the composite sync option on ATI catalyst. what can I do my arcade monitor only has 5 wires. red, green, blue,  black and white cables. should I make a jumper between pin 14 and 13?