Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Switchres not working After updating to GroovyMame32_0147u3.014  (Read 2304 times)

Cucurbitacée

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 04, 2021, 02:26:59 pm
Switchres not working After updating to GroovyMame32_0147u3.014
« on: January 20, 2013, 11:01:40 am »
Hello everyone,

After a long, long time without touching the software of my cabinet I've decided to upgrade all software to their most recent versions.

I've downloaded groovymame32_0147u3.014. I've noticed that when I start a game with Hyperspin the resolution doesn't switch anymore.

If I start groovymame by double-cliking on it, I get this message:
"SwitchRes: could not find a video mode that meets your specs"
I've launched ArcadeOSD to check and all the video modes are working if I test them. I've also tested with the old exe I've kept as backup and it's working perfectly.

So, where is my mistake? When I updated I put the new exe in the old MAME folder, is there something else I should do?

Thanks.  :dunno

Cucurbitacée

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 04, 2021, 02:26:59 pm
Re: Switchres not working After updating to GroovyMame32_0147u3.014
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2013, 02:42:48 pm »
I've removed my old mame.ini and now it's working again.  :laugh: Now it's time to compare the two files to get why!  :angel:

Calamity

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 14, 2024, 05:26:05 am
  • Quote me with care
Re: Switchres not working After updating to GroovyMame32_0147u3.014
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 08:20:10 am »
I've removed my old mame.ini and now it's working again.  :laugh: Now it's time to compare the two files to get why!  :angel:

A lot of new options in mame.ini. You definitely need to create a new mame.ini by running:

groovymame.exe -cc

Important note: posts reporting GM issues without a log will be IGNORED.
Steps to create a log:
 - From command line, run: groovymame.exe -v romname >romname.txt
 - Attach resulting romname.txt file to your post, instead of pasting it.

CRT Emudriver, VMMaker & Arcade OSD downloads, documentation and discussion:  Eiusdemmodi