Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: rowe R88 ami jukebox  (Read 5715 times)

cos8192

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 05, 2013, 12:52:02 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
rowe R88 ami jukebox
« on: January 05, 2013, 12:52:02 pm »
Hi I have a Rowe r 88 ami jukebox - it worked great until the other day - The records continually spin and I doesn't take the record numbers when I put them in - I am a complete idiot to this type of electrical things - can you help me regarding this matter - Dave C

ami-man

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 19, 2020, 01:22:45 pm
Re: rowe R88 ami jukebox
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 10:56:30 am »
Hello Dave,

What country do you live in?

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK

beastboy234

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 05, 2013, 01:00:37 pm
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 12:52:23 pm »
Hello, I have a Rowe model "R88" jukebox. The unit is in fine shape with what seems to have had no Ill hands inside it. My problem is no sound. I have a troubleshoot manual for it, but i'm not as electronically savvy as i'd like to be. I live in central Florida where it's quite hard to find someone to help. I pulled the amp out to have a look, and nothing seems to be out of place visually. Fuses look good and the main and driver boards all appear fine. Overload lights are not on and I "ohm'd" the circuit breaker and I have a closed circuit there. When I did attempt to follow the troubleshoot manual, I got as far as the step before testing those two giant blue capacitors. That's pretty much where I got scared.  I don't want to go and pay $250 for a refurbished amp, and that not be the problem (my wife might just ship me off to the Nuthouse) if you know what I mean. Any help would really be appreciated. Thanks.... George (beastboy)

Ken Layton

• Guru
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 12, 2021, 12:25:59 am
  • Technician
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2013, 02:51:17 pm »
Over on the "Output Transformer Package" is a screw terminal strip for connecting either an external (remote) volume control or the jukebox's internal volume control (which is mounted on the back wall of the jukebox). If you are using the jukebox internal volume control, there should be a red wire with a fork terminal on it connected to the "VOL" terminal and a black wire with a fork terminal connected to the "COM" terminal.

If there is no volume control connected to this terminal strip, there will be no sound. Naturally, I assume the RCA jacks from the tonearm are plugged into the amplifier and that the amplifier has it's white preamp jumper plug installed.

jdemarti

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 31, 2022, 10:57:25 am
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2013, 05:32:01 pm »
Hello George.  I am in the central Florida area.  If you are still having trouble send me a direct message and I can see what I can do to help.

Thanks

John

ami-man

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2013, 05:32:22 am »
Hello George,

If you can not get anything out of the amplifier I would contact Bruce Wentworth at AB Leisure to get him to test/service your amp, also there is a number of people selling your amp on EBay in the USA.

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK

Perrys

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 29, 2017, 05:23:55 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2017, 08:07:09 pm »
I too have an R88 and my problem is that it doesn't change the record any more.
it plays a record and then puts it away and then picks it up again and plays it
there is no cycling of the records like it used to.
we replaced the memory chip and it didn't change
we replaced the crystal and it didn't change
where do I start to look in terms of other components on the central control unit?
any help would be awesome
thanks

ami-man

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2017, 09:48:58 am »
Hi Perrys,

You need to send in your CCC to Bruce Wentworth if you are in the USA or to me in Europe for testing/repair.

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK