Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Fix-It Felix, Jr. Replica (Finished)  (Read 261666 times)

mrsinistar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 05, 2017, 04:39:28 am
  • End of Line
Re: Fix-It Felix, Jr. Replica
« Reply #760 on: April 19, 2013, 07:49:16 pm »
In other news,
Here's what's in the packet attached to the back of the Real Fix-it-Felix Jr. Machines.
Enjoy.

HOLY CRAP, THANKS!!  Where did you get this?!  When I looked at the back of the machines at DisneyQuest, they just had the sleeve to hold it.  It had some lettering on sleeve itself with a "REV F" at the very end.  I took a pic of it that I'll upload soon.

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 09, 2024, 07:27:18 pm
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
« Reply #761 on: April 19, 2013, 09:13:47 pm »
fixed it (like Felix)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 09:16:07 pm by Malenko »
If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.

BUCKETHEAD

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 04, 2024, 07:31:52 pm
  • Don't hate the player .... Hate the Game
« Reply #762 on: April 20, 2013, 12:52:53 pm »
HOLY CRAP, THANKS!!  Where did you get this?!  When I looked at the back of the machines at DisneyQuest, they just had the sleeve to hold it.  It had some lettering on sleeve itself with a "REV F" at the very end.  I took a pic of it that I'll upload soon.

Actually off some guys Blog/Website
He claims the owner of the 2nd machine that was for sale, Scanned them for him.
When he asked about the inside of the machine.

But he had Red Lines/Arrows pointing at stuff and Text he photoshopped all over them.
I cleaned it all up.

Maybe the REV F you saw on the packet? Means Revision F ?

« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 12:57:12 pm by BUCKETHEAD »

mrsinistar

• Offline Offline
  • End of Line
« Reply #763 on: April 20, 2013, 02:08:25 pm »

Actually off some guys Blog/Website
He claims the owner of the 2nd machine that was for sale, Scanned them for him.
When he asked about the inside of the machine.

But he had Red Lines/Arrows pointing at stuff and Text he photoshopped all over them.
I cleaned it all up.

Maybe the REV F you saw on the packet? Means Revision F ?

That's what I'm thinking.  I uploaded the image and it says "171604 REV. 9/05 FD".  I'm thinking they finished the games around September 5.  171604 maybe either the serial number or the codename for the game, I would assume.

BUCKETHEAD

• Offline Offline
« Reply #764 on: April 20, 2013, 03:23:24 pm »
That's what I'm thinking.  I uploaded the image and it says "171604 REV. 9/05 FD".  I'm thinking they finished the games around September 5.  171604 maybe either the serial number or the codename for the game, I would assume.

Nice picture!  Perhaps someone stole the sheets out of that packet?
Yes, Looks like a Date and Serial to me?
Also, On the sheets i uploaded, That one cab does have the Original Sanyo EZ monitor in it.
And in the bottom is the original isolation transformer and outlet plug for the Monitor.

But the other cab has a totally different Monitor in it.
That would not need the Isolation Transformer.

mistersh0w

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 08, 2014, 12:59:14 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #765 on: April 21, 2013, 02:44:21 am »

Also, On the sheets i uploaded, That one cab does have the Original Sanyo EZ monitor in it.
And in the bottom is the original isolation transformer and outlet plug for the Monitor.

Dafuq? How'd they get a Sanyo EZ to connect to a PC without a modified isolation transformer? Think they used the video inverter for the colors? They'd have needed to convert the power to 12v somehow too. Hrmmmm...

mrsinistar

• Offline Offline
  • End of Line
« Reply #766 on: April 21, 2013, 08:18:29 pm »

Dafuq? How'd they get a Sanyo EZ to connect to a PC without a modified isolation transformer? Think they used the video inverter for the colors? They'd have needed to convert the power to 12v somehow too. Hrmmmm...

I think the one had a Sanyo EZ in it as the colors were inverted on the one side of the screen.  That being said, I don't know if that was due to the inverter board issue or a degaussing issue.

Sjaak

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 06, 2024, 05:21:26 pm
« Reply #767 on: April 24, 2013, 10:51:39 am »
Does anybody know what happens at the end of a two player game, after player 1 loses his last live, but has a high score? Do you get the high score entry screen and after that, player 2 continues?

z-kun

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 28, 2013, 11:25:19 am
  • I want to build a 1/6th scale arcade.... >:3
« Reply #768 on: April 24, 2013, 01:00:23 pm »
Does anybody know what happens at the end of a two player game, after player 1 loses his last live, but has a high score? Do you get the high score entry screen and after that, player 2 continues?
I just tried this in the leaked beta, and when I lost all Player 1 lives, it gave the usual "Player 1 Game Over, Player 2 Ready" or whatever screen and continued with Player 2, then once Player 2 died, it first let me put in the initials for Player 1, then let me put in the initials for Player 2. I don't have access to a proper cabinet though so I don't know if they changed it for the finalized version.

Buick455

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 03, 2024, 03:24:29 pm
  • I MUSTA WRECKED IT!
« Reply #769 on: April 24, 2013, 10:14:55 pm »

I believe (75% sure) that is the order of events in DK. Probably so player 1 could move on to another game in the arcade and keep spending his quarters, while player 2 tries to beat that high score..

JTregler

« Reply #770 on: April 25, 2013, 03:11:30 am »
Long time lurker, first time poster. Really nice work, everyone!

Bag of Magic Food

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 12, 2013, 08:55:56 pm
« Reply #771 on: April 25, 2013, 10:13:05 pm »
I just tried this in the leaked beta, and when I lost all Player 1 lives, it gave the usual "Player 1 Game Over, Player 2 Ready" or whatever screen and continued with Player 2, then once Player 2 died, it first let me put in the initials for Player 1, then let me put in the initials for Player 2. I don't have access to a proper cabinet though so I don't know if they changed it for the finalized version.
True, this is how it worked for me in the beta too, but you're right that it could have been changed when they fixed the high score field up top to accept Player 1's scores and added the two jingles.  (Surprising, though, that all the flaws in the graphics I've found so far appear to still be in the final build from what I can make out in videos of the official cabinets, so this is why I was thinking they didn't have time for a final graphics update, ran into a palette limitation with their game maker, or something along those lines.)

mistersh0w

• Offline Offline
« Reply #772 on: April 29, 2013, 10:39:31 am »
Would it be possible to include the option of making the game harder at all? I know it was not meant to be super challenging, but even with Popeye you had to get a minimum of 40,000 points to get an extra life. For some of my cocky-er co-workers, the game is just too easy. Thoughts?

sandheaver

« Reply #773 on: April 29, 2013, 12:53:14 pm »
proper era-level difficulty requires that the game be easy at first, then progressively become more and more difficult as you progress through levels.  the player character may or may not become more fragile, but the obstacles/enemies necessarily become faster and harder to eliminate.

It will require a bit of work to determine the proper difficulty curve for the game, but only one person in a million should be able to get past a certain point, and even then, they should only be able to do so after a great deal of practice.

First things first; it should be easy so that bugs can be found and edge cases detected.  Difficulty implementation should come later, I think.

mistersh0w

• Offline Offline
« Reply #774 on: April 29, 2013, 01:03:15 pm »
...First things first; it should be easy so that bugs can be found and edge cases detected.  Difficulty implementation should come later, I think.

That makes perfect sense! Something to think about though for sure. The free lives thing should be easily implemented, (though I'm talking out of my arse since I have no idea how that would work) also thinking at some point making Ralph faster could be cool. But again, just thinking out loud. Not even sure if that's possible.

Sjaak

• Offline Offline
« Reply #775 on: April 29, 2013, 01:04:16 pm »
Would it be possible to include the option of making the game harder at all? I know it was not meant to be super challenging, but even with Popeye you had to get a minimum of 40,000 points to get an extra life. For some of my cocky-er co-workers, the game is just too easy. Thoughts?

There is some stuff in the game that needs tweaking

• Pies appear every 60 to 80 seconds, independent of level
  • 33% chance of 5 bricks falling instead of 4, 50% change after level 4
  • Every minute or so, a pile of bricks falls down, after level 3, and never more than 3 per level
  • Birds after level 3
  • Building gets taller after level 2

Maybe some of that stuff can be configurable.

Bag of Magic Food

• Offline Offline
« Reply #776 on: April 29, 2013, 08:10:09 pm »
  • Pies appear every 60 to 80 seconds, independent of level
  • Every minute or so, a pile of bricks falls down, after level 3, and never more than 3 per level
Yeah, these things happen much faster in the official arcade version, unless what you're saying is that these are what you're going to change the game to do optionally.  The brick piles always fall down very early on, and I don't believe it's ever taken a whole minute for a pie to appear, though I never see more than one pie per level, and the likelihood of a pie appearing may depend on the floor: I've found it's very rare to receive a pie on the bottom screen, for instance.  Did you still need more documentation on the exact numbers of each kind of obstacle per level?

The ways other versions of the game make it harder, by implementing a 60-seconds-to-Game-Over timer and making Ralph's bricks increasingly likely to take out more windows, would seem to clash with the way that you're expected to max out your score by waiting around for a limited number of additional broken windows in the arcade version.  Making the ducks speed up according to level number is one thing from the Flash version you could do without too much trouble, although leaving the ducks slow may have been intended to make them more annoying as they linger in your way longer.  It's like how making Ralph less predictable could make him harder, or it could just make him waste a lot of time in one place.  An instant Game Over for running out of time isn't very sporting, so I once proposed that you could make it a "sudden death" scenario where, say, there are suddenly ducks in all rows, and Ralph keeps doing his super-pound while sliding towards Felix, but that wouldn't work as well in terms of slowly eating lives when there's no mercy invincibility after dying.

So while there may not be a lot of workable methods to make the actual gameplay harder without breaking it, increasing the points-for-lives value is a good idea that many arcade games have as an option.  After all, an extra life for little more than two screens' worth of points is awfully generous, especially when most of those points are unavoidable.

mameshane

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 07, 2022, 05:12:38 pm
Fix-It Felix, Jr. Replica
« Reply #777 on: April 29, 2013, 10:09:26 pm »
I have thought for a while it would be nice to have the ducks randomly pick a row to fly across and change up the directions sometimes they come left sometimes right. that would increase the difficulty also.

Bag of Magic Food

• Offline Offline
« Reply #778 on: April 30, 2013, 01:14:21 am »
Oh that's right: In the smartphone version, the ducks keep warping to random other rows every time they leave the screen, while in the browser version, the ducks simply turn back the other way when they reach the edge, which may be the most sensible.  I can't help but imagine the arcade version's ducks having to fly all the way around the back of the building in order to return to where they began.  :lol

mistersh0w

• Offline Offline
« Reply #779 on: May 01, 2013, 04:38:29 pm »
Got to level 39 today, was bummed I didn't get a kill screen, it just froze the game. Is that disabled on the latest version? I thought there was a feature to hit the "R" key and you could activate it.

JTregler

« Reply #780 on: May 01, 2013, 10:18:43 pm »
It may have been discussed earlier, but in the phone version, each half-window requires it's own press of the Fix button. It would certainly add difficulty to the game in later levels if you start with only half windows broken (requiring one press) and escalating to where most windows are fully broken, requiring two presses. Just a thought.

Sjaak

• Offline Offline
« Reply #781 on: May 02, 2013, 05:09:59 am »
Got to level 39 today, was bummed I didn't get a kill screen, it just froze the game. Is that disabled on the latest version? I thought there was a feature to hit the "R" key and you could activate it.

R key was just for debugging. Kill screen is still in the code, but in the last rewrite (for 2 players) it was broken. I'll try to have it fixed in the next version.

Bag of Magic Food

• Offline Offline
« Reply #782 on: May 03, 2013, 04:08:56 am »
It may have been discussed earlier, but in the phone version, each half-window requires it's own press of the Fix button.
True, though the fixing appears to happen a lot faster, and Felix even seems to be able to swing his hammer down during a jump.  The sound effect for the pressing of the hammer button itself would have been a good idea if it had been the "bonk" from the movie.  But a funny thing I noticed about the first phone version was that fixing only half a window doesn't provide any points, so it matches up with the arcade version in that finishing each window is what provides the 100.  It was also a little more accurate in that Felix jumped to the nearer edge of the next windowsill, but then they changed it so that Felix always lands right of center.  The first version even had those little planted bush/tree things at the base of the building, which are missing from the arcade version, and in a more movie-accurate palette than the browser version, so go figure; I'm just grateful that someone ripped those graphics for us.

twistedsistem

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 08, 2019, 09:46:59 am
« Reply #783 on: May 11, 2013, 11:19:11 am »
Sjaak,

With more focus coming to the 2 player and having 2 coin slots are you going to be adding in a second coin up button for the second coin slot?  I know that you can wire both switches to be the 1 coin up options but didn't know if you were going to add a second or not.

simondwilliams

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 22, 2021, 04:06:00 pm
  • I want to build my own Fix it Felix
« Reply #784 on: May 12, 2013, 12:07:12 am »
Second coin up would be great!

simondwilliams

• Offline Offline
« Reply #785 on: May 12, 2013, 12:21:54 am »
Did you notice at two players either player 1 or player 2 when dead we reset back to the original players position witout starting a new level? Is it my settings?

Sjaak

• Offline Offline
« Reply #786 on: May 12, 2013, 03:21:04 am »
Did you notice at two players either player 1 or player 2 when dead we reset back to the original players position witout starting a new level? Is it my settings?

Nice catch. I will look into this

simondwilliams

• Offline Offline
« Reply #787 on: May 12, 2013, 08:24:11 pm »
Hello everyone,

Any one of you would have a pdf version of the instructions and manuals that came with the Disney units.

As we can see on the cabinet Video from monsterfeet here

There is manuals in a package on the unit.

I have found one page of the manual but would need the rest to be authentic as possible. If somebody needs them here is one of the pages

http://www.jasoneckert.net/blog/Entr...e_Machine.html

I know that buckethead provided two files but there ils got to be more considering thickness.

Thanks waiting for help
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 08:45:55 pm by simondwilliams »

dreday12203

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 02, 2014, 03:39:05 pm
« Reply #788 on: May 14, 2013, 10:28:45 pm »
I would like to donate also please, not sure how to...

Le Chuck

• Saint, make a poll!
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2024, 06:01:28 pm
  • <insert personal text here>
« Reply #789 on: May 16, 2013, 12:08:53 am »
Are there plans for a cocktail flipping mode? 

If not I'll fiddle with an AHK script based on the TRON in game switch so that when it is P2's turn the screen flips, P1 controls lock out, and P2 controls map as P1's.  Messy tho.  Way better to have a native functionality. 

Sjaak

• Offline Offline
« Reply #790 on: May 16, 2013, 04:15:14 am »
Are there plans for a cocktail flipping mode? 

If not I'll fiddle with an AHK script based on the TRON in game switch so that when it is P2's turn the screen flips, P1 controls lock out, and P2 controls map as P1's.  Messy tho.  Way better to have a native functionality.

I think someone requested that before. Yes, there will be cocktail flipping and separate player 2 controls.

dreday12203

• Offline Offline
« Reply #791 on: May 16, 2013, 01:54:42 pm »
Hey all, Just looking for a little help. When running the game on my desktop it appears to be very washed out. like as if my color settings are out of wack. However it only affects the game and nothing else. When running riddic's version the colors are perfect with no issues. There is no slow down of the gameplay or anything, just the colors. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

BUCKETHEAD

• Offline Offline
« Reply #792 on: May 16, 2013, 09:19:37 pm »
riddic's version

Riddic's Version???
Please enlighten me.

dreday12203

• Offline Offline
« Reply #793 on: May 17, 2013, 02:54:38 pm »
^ Hope I didn't say something wrong. Yes over at Klov riddic had giving a version of the game a while back that a group has also been working on. I will post the link of the topic in a few minutes.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 03:07:14 pm by dreday12203 »

dreday12203

• Offline Offline
« Reply #794 on: May 17, 2013, 03:06:26 pm »
here is the thread from the beginning.

http://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=271445&highlight=fix+felix

then jump to ( page 12 ) I believe where frostyfire03530 post a link to hyperspin where they added voice to Ralph and Felix etc for the version riddic had.

riddics thread where he gave his artwork and the game. ( long thread )

http://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=245581

« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 03:08:31 pm by dreday12203 »

Sjaak

• Offline Offline
« Reply #795 on: May 17, 2013, 03:10:25 pm »
^ Hope I didn't say something wrong. Yes over at Klov riddic had giving a version of the game a while back that a group has also been working on. I will post the link of the topic in a few minutes.
Yeah, that is the disney version

dreday12203

• Offline Offline
« Reply #796 on: May 17, 2013, 03:21:03 pm »
^ My apologizes

dreday12203

• Offline Offline
« Reply #797 on: May 17, 2013, 03:28:04 pm »
Ok on the left is the Disney version and the right is the version from here( sjaaks ). Can someone help me figure out why ours here isn't as vivid like the disney version? Maybe I'm missing something...

Sjaak

• Offline Offline
« Reply #798 on: May 17, 2013, 03:48:32 pm »
You should definitely check your video card settings. Even the blacks look redish...

Check the directx, brightness, contrast, color and  gamma settings for directx applications

dreday12203

• Offline Offline
« Reply #799 on: May 17, 2013, 03:55:55 pm »
your correct it is redish, can you kindly guide me through where to go? Not good with locating these settings...
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 05:55:53 pm by dreday12203 »