Software Support > GroovyMAME

CRT_EmuDriver 6.5 vs 9.3 with older cards

(1/1)

krick:
I'm using a Radeon X600XT card on Windows XP x64 and I was wondering if there was any tangible difference between using the 6.5 drivers vs the 9.3 drivers.

My gut says that I should use use the 9.3 drivers simply because they're newer, but I just want to be sure.

Calamity:
Hi Krick,

The 32-bit version based on 6.5 allows for up to 200 modes, so this was considered a possitive difference as compared to 9.3, but since we're using magic resolutions, this is not relevant any more.

As for its 64-bit version/6.5 counterpart, well I'd use this one only for the cards where it's strictly necessary. As a fact, this version was really hard to find because it was never officially supported by ATI. So I'd stick to the 9.3 version when possible.

krick:
Thanks for the info.

I'm in the process of rebuilding my whole MAME setup and I'm looking forward to geting some play time with the new-and-improved GroovyMAME (switchres 0.014) later tonight if all goes well.  It's been a while since I've been through this setup process.  I hope I remember all the stuff I did last time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version