Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Arcade_OSD help finding Monior Specifications PVM-2950  (Read 2556 times)

Killakaze

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 15, 2021, 11:39:13 pm
Arcade_OSD help finding Monior Specifications PVM-2950
« on: December 21, 2012, 11:28:50 am »
Hello, After reading about PVM monitors and their clarity ive been searching for one at the right price. After acouple of months I recently got myself acouple from a video production company very cheap and I would like to try to use a 27inch PVM-2950qm, Groovymame seems to be displaying alot of the games perfectly  :laugh:, Some are not syncing at all  :banghead: and some resolutions dont look right  :dizzy:, After scouring google and the forums here, ive come to the conclusion that I need to find my monitor specs using Arcade_OSD and put them in the mame.ini and run VMMaker. I really need some help understanding the process of working out how to find the values of my monitor using Arcade_OSD. I found a small amount of information on the subject but not enough for me to understand it all. If someone could please give this noob a run down on it or point me to a tutorial or a similar post on this subject I would really appreciate it.  :cheers:
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 08:10:10 pm by Killakaze »
Cabinet Build: i7 2600k, 16gb ram, Sapphire 7970 Vapor-X 6gb, Win 10 64bit, pvm-20l5.
Only a warrior chooses pacifism; others are condemned to it.

Killakaze

• Offline Offline
Re: Arcade_OSD help finding Monior Specifications PVM-2950
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2012, 10:12:44 pm »
I was playing around in arcade_OSD with the porch settings and noticed that it doesnt seem to be affecting the images position at all as it did on another monitor. I tried reinstalling drivers incase there was a bug & due to the possibility ive ruined something in my windows installation im reinstalling, if anyone has any experience with sony PVM's and crt_emudriver or might have any ideas help me out please. I really need to get this monitor working properly The games that are working by default look so much better than my other monitors.
Cabinet Build: i7 2600k, 16gb ram, Sapphire 7970 Vapor-X 6gb, Win 10 64bit, pvm-20l5.

Killakaze

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2012, 12:04:59 am »
After a Reinstall of windows im still unable to effect any changes in Arcade_OSD I dont know where ive gone wrong.
I installed XP 64, service pack 2, the chipsets for my motherboard, sound then network, installed Emu_driver 9.3_1.2a then net framework 2.0 and the CCC when i installed CCC it said something like "cant find supported driver or hardware" but continues to install and seems to function. then i ran vmmaker pointing to groovymame.exe and the mame.ini, It only came up with a dozen or so new resolutions. My pvm seems to support 640x480i max. Any ideas?

Calamity

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 14, 2024, 05:26:05 am
  • Quote me with care
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2012, 09:37:46 am »
Hi Killakaze,

The versions of VMMaker included in the driver's packages are outdated, replace them with these ones (vmmaker_1.3c & arcade_osd_1.3b): http://mame.3feetunder.com/windows-ati-crt-emudriver/

Those will properly read the newer versions of MAME's XML to get resolutions from. The problem of the modes not being affected by changes done in Arcade_OSD has to do with too few modelines installed in the system, so it will magically work as soon as you install more than 17 modelines (so both issues are related).

As for the NEC and its presets, please check this thread: http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,128623.0.html

Important note: posts reporting GM issues without a log will be IGNORED.
Steps to create a log:
 - From command line, run: groovymame.exe -v romname >romname.txt
 - Attach resulting romname.txt file to your post, instead of pasting it.

CRT Emudriver, VMMaker & Arcade OSD downloads, documentation and discussion:  Eiusdemmodi

Killakaze

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2012, 05:48:31 am »
Thank you Calamity, Ill give it a go. BTW thank you very much for your hard work with the drivers and software I really appreciate being able to use them.