Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Jukecade help - site dead :(  (Read 2165 times)

Tonyjambo

• Trade Count: (0)
Jukecade help - site dead :(
« on: December 12, 2012, 10:21:14 am »
looks like the mameaddictct jukecade site is dead :(
I recently installed jukecade and am having a few issues getting it working :

1) I use non standard mame keys (i.e. i dont use alt and ctrl  largely because the workarounds to have every other emulator ignore them were driving me mental) but when i try and remap the keys in jukecade it doesnt recognize anything other than the defaults. anyone else seen this (using win 7 64 bit)

2) The build database seems to only be picking up those files in my library labeled as XX track .mp3 where XX is a number, i expected it to pick up everything , just order alphabetically. Do i really have to rename all my tracks ?

Is there a good script out there to rename all my jpg's to cover.jpg - i have coverart for almost everything, just named in apples way.

Thx for your help

Tony

mamefreak2

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 24, 2019, 10:29:47 pm
  • I'm a llama!
Re: Jukecade help - site dead :(
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012, 08:53:56 pm »
looks like the mameaddictct jukecade site is dead :(
Yup, really too bad as it's a great program. Not sure why that is but the folks over at Mameaddict wouldn't give me a straight answer as to why they took it down.

I recently installed jukecade and am having a few issues getting it working :

1) I use non standard mame keys (i.e. i dont use alt and ctrl  largely because the workarounds to have every other emulator ignore them were driving me mental) but when i try and remap the keys in jukecade it doesnt recognize anything other than the defaults. anyone else seen this (using win 7 64 bit)
I've re-mapped them without issue.

To remap you have to use the ASCII numbers. Here is the map: http://www.asciitable.com/

Example:
Control Button 1 - Remapped to B = 66 (B key)      ,   66
Control Button 2 - Remapped to C = 67 (C key)      ,   67
Control Button 3 - Remapped to E = 69 (E key)      ,   69

2) The build database seems to only be picking up those files in my library labeled as XX track .mp3 where XX is a number, i expected it to pick up everything , just order alphabetically. Do i really have to rename all my tracks ? 
The file structure is My Media and then its one of Music, Video or Radio, and then it's artist/album.

The tracks are numbered within each album. So if it was a music folder it would be

My Media/Music/Police/Ghost in the Machine

01 Spirits in the Material World
02 Every Little Thing She Does is Magic
03 Invisible Sun

etc...

The tracks are numbered as they appear in the album and that's how the jukebox displays them. If you don't have numbers it's going to show up alphabetically within that album. So you'd see:

Every Little Thing She Does is Magic
Invisible Sun
Spirits in the Material World...

Is there a good script out there to rename all my jpg's to cover.jpg - i have coverart for almost everything, just named in apples way.
I have a program called Switch that converts audio files quickly. I don't know if there's one out there for images though sorry.

Thx for your help

Tony
Sorry I can't be of more help.

Also one more tip... be aware that when you select larger icons it can mess things up. It seems to handle 100% and 150% okay but if you choose 125% it doesn't work well.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 04:41:44 pm by mamefreak2 »