Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Poll

What version of PGA do you currently own?

PGA GOLF
6 (3.7%)
CHAMPIONSHIP I
6 (3.7%)
CHAMPIONSHIP II
3 (1.8%)
CHAMPIONSHIP III
20 (12.3%)
CHALLENGE
31 (19%)
TEAM CHALLENGE
54 (33.1%)
TEAM CHALLENGE w/ ALL ACCESS
28 (17.2%)
I DON'T OWN A VERSION BUT WOULD LIKE TO!
15 (9.2%)

Total Members Voted: 163

Author Topic: PGA Tour Golf by Global VR & EA Sports Owners Thread  (Read 530450 times)

drummer_god

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 10, 2024, 07:57:32 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: PGA Tour Golf by Global VR & EA Sports Owners Thread
« Reply #2720 on: May 02, 2023, 11:10:40 pm »
You need the correct sound driver specific to the computer model you’re using. Not the stock sound driver that comes with the game’s install / SRD disc

drummer_god

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2721 on: May 02, 2023, 11:14:30 pm »
Can anyone help me or at least educate me a bit. Long story short my friends Team challenge MOBO died and ive been given the task to get it all operational again. Just a few questions as I am completely stuck. Ive tried installing the game through Virtual Box windows XP but after install it says I am missing files please re install. Is there a way to fix this as I have the SRD and install disks and Nytic card. If I were to purchase a old Dell 280 360 or 780 why would that work as I have read through the forums that this is a option? Is that a driver issue or hardware issue? Can this be installed on a newer PC running XPE? Lastly can anyone point me in the right direction for which drivers are needed to run this game. Ive built plenty of MAME arcades before and repaired a few but trying to get this going is like pulling my teeth out so I would appreciate any help thank you all.

Try using an IDE cd rom drive to run the SRD and game discs.
When you’re done, add computer specific sound driver and video card specific driver - not the drivers auto installed by the SRD.
Good luck

bsenright

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 14, 2023, 01:29:16 pm
« Reply #2722 on: May 06, 2023, 12:50:49 pm »
Nice little update here if you are looking at upgrading to a different tower...

So I was able to successfully install and play PGA Tour Golf Team Challenge with ALL ACCESS PASS on a Dell Optiplex GX280!  I wanted to try the GX280 due to the fact that I bought that 6600 video card that was PCI-E and did not fit in my stock PGA tower.  Well the 6600 card is in the GX280 now and it was, in fact, plug and play without any installation CD or drivers that needed to be installed or updated!  I did not use the SATA HD connector on the GX280 but rather used an IDE drive in there with the upgarded 6600 256mb video card and 512 ram and the machine plays like a dream!  You will also need to use your old I/O board to connect the controls.  I did have to install the sound driver and that took about 2 minutes and I'm good to go!

So I have now successfully installed PGA on the Dell Optiplex GX260 and the Optiplex GX280.

Just thought I would share.

Hi stpcore, I know this post was years ago, but I had some questions.  I am attempting the port from the original PC to an Optiplex gs280.  Video card is an nvidia geforce 8400gs and installed fine.  but when game comes up, i get an error about a PCI driver.  I also get some additional errors after that from the PatchAgent.exe and from the AMPlayer.exe but i wonder if thats because I did not install the sound driver.  Where can i get that from?  I also am not sure why i get the PCI error

drummer_god

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2723 on: May 06, 2023, 04:49:49 pm »
Look on Dell’s website for the sound driver for your specific model of computer and you need to install the correct driver for that video card.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2023, 04:51:33 pm by drummer_god »

bsenright

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2724 on: May 06, 2023, 10:43:35 pm »
Look on Dell’s website for the sound driver for your specific model of computer and you need to install the correct driver for that video card.

OK, I got the driver from the dell site, tried to run it and, no dice.  I get a -5009 error which tends to say there is already an update going on or other apps are running.  I went into Task Manager and killed everything running and still got it. 

So then i tried to update the driver via the Update Driver path from Device Manager.  That results in an error that the file "drmk.sys" was not found and is on the XP Pro Service Pack 1 CD.  Good times. 

Zedmag

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 03, 2023, 03:18:09 pm
« Reply #2725 on: May 07, 2023, 06:54:48 pm »
Are you trying to do all of this on the original embedded os? I’ve noticed the guys that run the private servers arnt much help when it comes to hardware troubleshooting. I ended up doing most of it on my own from scratch. shoot me a dm and a run down of what you’re doing and I can probably help more. The best os and most compatible I’ve seen with little modifications is VistaU32b. I’ve got a setup running on 2.8g i5 with 4gb ram and a GTX960.

drummer_god

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2726 on: May 08, 2023, 08:35:03 am »
« Last Edit: May 08, 2023, 08:37:32 am by drummer_god »

bsenright

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2727 on: May 08, 2023, 12:30:58 pm »
I have punted on trying to use the original HD from the original PC in this newer gx280.  Its unreasonable to think the PGA TC software can handle that since its a different set of drivers.  So, going to rebuild this from CD's on a clean hard drive.  I have a SATA hard drive which has been reformatted and ready to go.  I burned the SRD ISO onto a USB flash drive and set that to be the first boot device.  I startup the PC and it attempts to boot from the USB.  I immediately get an error from AutoIt saying "Line -1: Error: Subscript used with non-array variable".   So what could this be?  I did notice Rufus changed the format to NTFS before burning so the USB file system is NTFS.  Is that a problem>.

jman761

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 08, 2023, 06:19:50 pm
« Reply #2728 on: May 08, 2023, 06:20:36 pm »
Long time listener first time caller  :cheers:

Can anyone send me information about getting a Team Challenge All Access machine online and playing tournaments?

I recently picked up a decent machine and completely refurbished the PC with a GX240 motherboard, new hard drive, cd rom, memory and new power supply.
The machine has been playing for months now with zero issues. 

I want to say thanks to everyone for their posts on this form to get me this far.

Thanks!

bsenright

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2729 on: May 08, 2023, 07:44:59 pm »
Making some progress finally.  I have learned, you can burn the SRD onto a USB and boot from that.  But, you must install on an IDE hard drive.  It will not install on a SATA hard drive.  Its currently in the process of finishing the SRD install.  After that, I should be able to install the video driver and dell sound driver.  And then the Game itself.   Will keep you posted

Zedmag

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2730 on: May 09, 2023, 12:10:58 am »
I had a question for you drummer god. Since for some reason Tom doesn’t like me, is there anyway to enable ‘world tour’ and stat progression on a new build? My card reader works to load my gameFace. But I’m guessing it has no data base to log into to save and load player stats. Since it seems the private community won’t let me in, is there way to jus host it locally?

bsenright

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2731 on: May 09, 2023, 01:07:36 am »
SUCCESS!!!  I am now running PGA TC on a Dell OptiPlex gx280 with a EVGA NVidia 8400GS video card.  I bought this modified game with a 50" monitor 3 weeks ago in a running state.  But soon, the Power Supply started to act up and then the cpu got damaged.  So I had to switch hardware.  I learned a lot from this.  Mostly patience.  This is a very particular piece of software and if you don't get the sound driver right, it won't play.  You also need to only install on an IDE drive.  The other thing that threw me was the PCI Device error at start up.  That was a result of the PCI USB card that came with the original PC that I transported to this one.  Its not needed.  So just pull it unless you need the extra USB ports.  the gs280 has 5 so I do not need them. 

Now I finally get to enjoy the game and do some of the upgrades you all do.   Any tips on where to go here?  Should I install All Access?  Does that get me anything?  Any tips on activating Tiger and Arnie? 
« Last Edit: May 09, 2023, 02:23:37 pm by bsenright »

Zedmag

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2732 on: May 09, 2023, 01:17:16 am »
Check your dms and hit me up

drummer_god

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2733 on: May 09, 2023, 08:46:13 am »
I had a question for you drummer god. Since for some reason Tom doesn’t like me, is there anyway to enable ‘world tour’ and stat progression on a new build? My card reader works to load my gameFace. But I’m guessing it has no data base to log into to save and load player stats. Since it seems the private community won’t let me in, is there way to jus host it locally?

No. World tour mode is only available when online.
The server is capped at 100 paid machines. It is at that limit and has been for some time. You weren’t invited by a current member. You just found your way to a discord chat and wanted online without being invited. You were going to be added despite already being at the limit for machines online, but when you were given instructions to follow, you decided to deviate from those instructions and do other stuff you weren’t asked to do. When you were told you’d need to start over again, you didn’t want to do that either. Seems you just want to tell everyone how you did everything on your own and so getting you to follow instructions is more headache than it’s worth.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2023, 09:05:59 am by drummer_god »

Zedmag

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2734 on: May 09, 2023, 09:14:47 am »
Seems like there was so confusion on your part then. I started over and had a fresh clean install as directed, created the fake Facebook, as directed, sent a link to of the Facebook to Tom(you?) and then promptly got banned from the discord and blocked. Seems more like someone is tired and bitter and took it out on me. 🤷‍♂️ I was helping other people get installs done as there is very little public support and most of these reply’s and threads are people guessing and trying over and over. I under stand about having fresh clients as to not muck up and coming requests on the server side. It just seems like this has grown larger than you are wanting to be or expected. Which is cool I get that too. But at least explain a little better so people don’t waste their time. I’m cool not playing with y’all since I’m a top GT player anyway. and I’ve got a great location I can put this guy and make a killing off of a $100 investment. so no skin off my back and I’ll gladly keep helping others get theirs setup and playable as well.

Zedmag

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2735 on: May 09, 2023, 09:23:28 am »
On a side note, I got extra player cards if anybody wants some… but seeings how he just said they are capped and not letting anyone else in, they might be useless.

drummer_god

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2736 on: May 09, 2023, 09:50:16 am »
Come time for renewal, if some people choose not to renew, those spots become available to new people who may want to join.
Yes, I am tired as a group of over 100 people leads to many messages for help or general questions all day, which is why the cap.
So when a new person wants to join who was not invited and when I ask you to create a Facebook account ( yes you eventually did it but was met with resistance), and when I ask you to get the machine running then message me but you decided to run an old patch disc without asking if you should and when I said you need to start again as a result, you objected to that too - I just don’t have the time to meet resistance at every request when I’m doing you a favour not the other way around. Something that should take an hour doesn’t need to be dragged out over days.

I had flashbacks of other former members who were the same way and how difficult they were and how much more time they took compared to others. Again, I don’t have the time. People don’t appreciate how much time managing a group like this takes for an unpaid gig.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2023, 09:58:17 am by drummer_god »

bsenright

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2737 on: May 09, 2023, 10:07:21 am »
On a side note, I got extra player cards if anybody wants some… but seeings how he just said they are capped and not letting anyone else in, they might be useless.

Player cards can be used for custom player setups, correct?  If so, I would like one

bsenright

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2738 on: May 09, 2023, 10:52:21 am »
OK I got trackball working in the diagnostics screen
BUT when I press start to start a game it goes to the play golf screen and I cannot do anything on it
After 20-30 seconds it reloads the attract mode

Restarted a few times and gets stuck after I press start to start a game
Has anyone seen that happen before?

I know this is an old post, but I can tell you exactly the problem here as I struggled with it as well.  This may help others in the future.  If when you try to start a game and it does nothing and eventually reloads, its because your audio driver is not installed properly or the wrong one is installed.  Game startup must have audio capabilities for some reason.   You will need to re-install the proper audio driver.

drummer_god

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2739 on: May 09, 2023, 11:18:36 am »
Is there an echo in here? Lol

Zedmag

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2740 on: May 09, 2023, 11:17:56 pm »

Player cards can be used for custom player setups, correct?  If so, I would like one

Yea you can at least label them with your name and save your limited gameFace style. but with our stat progression available you can’t unlock cloths and stuff. though I’m looking into the local dadatbase that stores some of that info. I’m so reality, he says it’s an ‘unpaid’ gif but if he really wanted to he could sell the backend sever setups to the tech savy type and make a few bucks on all the hard work. But it really seems more like controlling the type of players they get more than anything. 🤷‍♂️ I mean I’m not above paying for the hard work of all the reverse engineering that’s been done(including all the under the table info gathered from globalVR directly)
cuz I could easily host my my own local server for the few machines I have now and put no burden on the ‘100’ 

drummer_god

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2741 on: May 10, 2023, 10:40:31 am »
This isn’t about the money. This is about time. I don’t have an unlimited amount of time to help everyone who happens to buy a PGA machine. Any time I do have, I give it away but if people don’t appreciate it or take advantage of it, then I don’t have time for that. Isn’t worth the headache. This hobby has become a full-time job.

If you want to make your own server, more power to you.
Here are just some of the things you’ll find take up all your time:
-creating tournament schedules, loading tournaments, updating a Facebook group page ( or some other platform of your choosing ), helping EVERYONE in your group with any small problem they have ( the more people in the group, the more problems to help with ), helping new people get onto your server as well as existing members when they replace their computers or just mess something up, keep that group page up to date, tabulating season points, collect payments and track them, fixing issues with the server and dealing with people who feel entitled to use the server and take all your time. When something goes wrong, they want it fixed immediately and act as if you’re their slave, finding and busting cheaters, etc
I have more tasks but they’re probably specific to my group and may not be a thing in yours.
Best of luck.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2023, 03:58:51 pm by drummer_god »

bsenright

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2742 on: May 10, 2023, 07:18:46 pm »
Now that I have this PGA Team Challenge game running, I have replaced Vijay Singh with Tiger Woods (all manual file changes to the players.ini and to the .png image files) I really would like to see if the All Access Patch will gain me anything.  But I suspect I need a different dongle?  how can i tell if I already have the AAP dongle?  is the version which displays in the Operators menu tell me if I have the right version?

drummer_god

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2743 on: May 10, 2023, 08:31:36 pm »
The AAP gives you all 24 courses while offline in ‘Play Golf’ mode. 
If you had the dongle, you’d likely already have AAP.
If you have 4.0.0.8 in your operators menu then you don’t have AAP.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2023, 08:37:22 pm by drummer_god »

bsenright

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2744 on: May 10, 2023, 08:56:23 pm »
I built this from the ground up from a dead PC within a cabinet i bought.  So I don't know if the dongle is an AAP dongle or just a TC dongle.  I have software version 4.0.0.8 but thats because i just installed that.  My dongle version is 4.0, Shell version is 0.0.1.0, PLUS version is 1.1.0.7

drummer_god

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2745 on: May 10, 2023, 10:14:19 pm »
AAP uses the TC dongle plus a usb dongle.
If using AAP, your operators menu shows 4.1.0.8.

bsenright

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2746 on: May 10, 2023, 10:40:55 pm »
thanks.  I suppose if i don't have the AAP dongle, i don't gain anything from installing AAP

drummer_god

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2747 on: May 10, 2023, 10:43:27 pm »
Check your PM
« Last Edit: May 11, 2023, 08:36:54 am by drummer_god »

Nudge55

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 25, 2024, 04:43:27 am
« Reply #2748 on: May 16, 2023, 04:27:34 am »
ok so I have finally got all drivers etc installed. Using a virtual machine did not work as the VM uses a virtual graphics driver not the driver installed on your PC so lesson learnt. Upon start up I am receiving a "Script Error: NextScreen (18) Frame counter is not defined" has anyone had the same error. I'm not sure if this is a Internet issue or not as some quick searches say its a Internet explorer issue. I'll keep researching but just want to thank everyone on here for their advice and experiences as it has helped me a lot so cheers to you all.

Nudge55

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 25, 2024, 04:43:27 am
« Reply #2749 on: May 17, 2023, 03:58:23 am »
I am going to start the process again and boot the SRD and see if I did anything wrong but after that I might have to give up on restoring this I’ve spent too long on it. I’ve tried to find a basic rundown of what to do and I’ll be installing XPe and game disks then drivers for the pc but apart from that I’m clueless.

timmah47

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 09, 2023, 09:22:30 am
« Reply #2750 on: May 23, 2023, 08:16:16 pm »
Ahoy there,
Let me try this again cause I instantly broke the thread rules like an 🍑
I have a team challenge looking to upgrade to all access pass any help would b appreciated
Thanx

Zedmag

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2751 on: May 24, 2023, 09:46:08 pm »
I am going to start the process again and boot the SRD and see if I did anything wrong but after that I might have to give up on restoring this I’ve spent too long on it. I’ve tried to find a basic rundown of what to do and I’ll be installing XPe and game disks then drivers for the pc but apart from that I’m clueless.

Honestly I felt upgrading to anything other than vista wasn’t worth the hassle of errors.
the absolute easiest upgrade is to winVista32 and make sure you have an application called PCMover by Laplink.
Basically do a standard instal of vistaU on a desired hardware that you can find basic drivers for. Sound. Network. video card. any chip and cpu drivers too.
then copy all the System32 DLLs from an oem restore and paste them in the new install and DONT replace anything
the install and run PCMover. Attach the oem install drive to the new system. run PCMover and go thru the advanced move. Basically choose manual on everything. when it comes to the accounts make sure it creates the ‘cabinet’ account not merge. The password should be ‘cabinet’
Dm me if you have any troubles.

timmah47

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 09, 2023, 09:22:30 am
« Reply #2752 on: May 31, 2023, 11:31:27 am »
anyone having this type of trouble with gameface?
finally got the card reader working and of course a software issue  ::)
also im lousy with these cards if anyone needs one
i cant seem to post a image, but the message states:

Registered JIT debugger is not available. An attempt to launch a JIT debugger with the
following command resulted in an error code of 0x2 (2). please check computer settings

cordbg.exe !a 0x3b4

thanx

drummer_god

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2753 on: June 03, 2023, 01:08:42 pm »
You may want to try reinstalling the SRD and game discs from scratch.

Thunderspy0712

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 14, 2024, 06:59:20 pm
« Reply #2754 on: June 18, 2023, 05:13:06 am »
do you guys have Championship I and II CD and upload on Google Drive

DoctorABE

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 17, 2023, 06:06:27 pm
« Reply #2755 on: June 18, 2023, 11:41:01 pm »
I missed this game.  If I can find all my paperwork from the National Championship in '04 and World Championship in '06, I'll post photos of them.  Won a good bit of money back in the day (but just drank all my profits away)

I finally purchased the game two weeks ago and got TC 4.0.0.8 up and running tonight.  Looking to install the AAP edition, but cannot seem to locate a dongle.  Web searches coming up empty, and doesn't seem that Ebay has one at this time.  Anyone have any leads?

Much appreciated.

drummer_god

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2756 on: June 19, 2023, 10:12:16 am »
Hey. Check your PM

Thunderspy0712

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2757 on: June 21, 2023, 09:34:25 pm »
how to get PGA Tour golf 2006.exe to work

Thunderspy0712

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2758 on: June 21, 2023, 09:34:54 pm »
sent me a facebook group for team Challenge Online

nipsmg

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 04:23:31 pm
  • ROONEY!! ERRGH!!
    • Arcadia
« Reply #2759 on: June 22, 2023, 05:30:58 pm »
sent me a facebook group for team Challenge Online

You can stop trying.  I'm aware of who you are.  The facebook group is for PGA Tour Team Challenge cabinet owners ONLY.