Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Poll

What version of PGA do you currently own?

PGA GOLF
6 (3.7%)
CHAMPIONSHIP I
6 (3.7%)
CHAMPIONSHIP II
3 (1.8%)
CHAMPIONSHIP III
20 (12.3%)
CHALLENGE
31 (19%)
TEAM CHALLENGE
54 (33.1%)
TEAM CHALLENGE w/ ALL ACCESS
28 (17.2%)
I DON'T OWN A VERSION BUT WOULD LIKE TO!
15 (9.2%)

Total Members Voted: 163

Author Topic: PGA Tour Golf by Global VR & EA Sports Owners Thread  (Read 528622 times)

ketsujo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 30, 2022, 05:57:58 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: PGA Tour Golf by Global VR & EA Sports Owners Thread
« Reply #2600 on: April 30, 2022, 05:08:57 pm »
Hello first time posting here!  I was looking for some help as i was brought one of these computers to work on and it has a failed psu, cd rom, gpu and HDD. I have the restore cds and have gone through the setting the game back up but what i cant do is install drivers to a gpu in  this case im trying to use a gt 710. Is there a way to do this or am i forced to track down a gpu thats a gt 6600 - 9600 as i saw someone else mention in the forum.

drummer_god

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 10, 2024, 07:57:32 pm
« Reply #2601 on: May 02, 2022, 01:14:48 pm »
GT 710 is too new.
Stick with the GeForce 5600-9800

artvandelay528

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 27, 2023, 12:47:03 pm
« Reply #2602 on: June 02, 2022, 02:47:16 am »
I am rebuilding a cabinet for a friend, I set up the new build PC using the exact same hardware as my existing setup.  I cloned my hard drive and everything is running normal (drivers, video, etc) - I'm running Team Challenge with All Access Pass on a Dell GX620

I'm having an issue with the Dongle emulator on the new build - when i try to install using the emulator instructions from the YouTube video, i get Error 1068 when selecting Start Service.  Confirmed date and time in BIOS is correct and replaced the CMOS as well.

The dongle emulator works when i put the HDD back in my original PC, is there any way to clear the Dongle settings it so it can run on the new/cloned PC?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2022, 09:22:32 am by artvandelay528 »

artvandelay528

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 27, 2023, 12:47:03 pm
« Reply #2603 on: June 06, 2022, 11:17:50 am »
I am rebuilding a cabinet for a friend, I set up the new build PC using the exact same hardware as my existing setup.  I cloned my hard drive and everything is running normal (drivers, video, etc) - I'm running Team Challenge with All Access Pass on a Dell GX620

I'm having an issue with the Dongle emulator on the new build - when i try to install using the emulator instructions from the YouTube video, i get Error 1068 when selecting Start Service.  Confirmed date and time in BIOS is correct and replaced the CMOS as well.

The dongle emulator works when i put the HDD back in my original PC, is there any way to clear the Dongle settings it so it can run on the new/cloned PC?

Disregard - I ran the recovery disc and reinstalled which fixed the error

ajmorris74

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 23, 2023, 08:33:46 am
« Reply #2604 on: June 26, 2022, 09:38:18 pm »
What card reader does PGA support?  I have found this info.
https://manualzz.com/doc/41352588/scr-28---series
The card that Global VR sales is is the SCR28I-S033U

What other Hybrid Card Reader would work?

Andy

ajmorris74

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2606 on: June 27, 2022, 01:45:03 pm »
Awesome, Thanks!! I just ordered some.  Will make a 3D plate for it so it looks official :)
Now I just need a few Nytric Cards and the Jamma Interface..  Any Ideas?

Andy

ajmorris74

• Offline Offline

nipsmg

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 07:26:06 pm
  • ROONEY!! ERRGH!!
    • Arcadia
« Reply #2608 on: June 28, 2022, 04:25:59 pm »
Awesome, Thanks!! I just ordered some.  Will make a 3D plate for it so it looks official :)
Now I just need a few Nytric Cards and the Jamma Interface..  Any Ideas?

Andy

nah, on that it's just hunt until you find one. You're probably more likely to find a non-working machine that has a nytric in it than find a nytric for any reasonable price.

Cheapest I've seen lately is $375 for a nytric, but I've seen some non-working machines go for $150/200.

ajmorris74

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2609 on: June 29, 2022, 09:01:24 am »
Well to that end, I was able to find one on Facebook yesterday and snagged it for $110.  Hopefully, it's not a brick.  I really wish we could get an i-pac or someting to work with the software.  Now i just need a Jamma board.  Don't want to have to get the new ones from Global VR. The prices are too outrageous.

Andy

nipsmg

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 07:26:06 pm
  • ROONEY!! ERRGH!!
    • Arcadia
« Reply #2610 on: June 29, 2022, 07:46:35 pm »
You should be able to wire up your own jamma adapter. I think guys on the Facebook group know how/have plans.

ajmorris74

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2611 on: June 30, 2022, 02:28:31 pm »
okay great!! Brian is sending me a link to join.  That would be great to get this one going soon.  I will have two cabinets up and running then.

Andy

Captainspaulding

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 09, 2022, 08:08:38 pm
  • I'm excited to be here! I love tinkering!
« Reply #2612 on: August 08, 2022, 10:28:21 pm »
Hello all!

I just purchased a PGA golf championship cabinet.  They said the video card is not functioning in it.  I was wondering if anyone could help me out with information regarding what hardware I can use to repair this or if there is a Facebook group where folks discuss this.  I work in the computer field and I am familiar with the hardware.  If emulation is possible or if there is a way to use newer hardware I would pursue that as well.

Thank you for any help or advice, I'm excited to tinker with this and would love to get it working!!

drummer_god

• Offline Offline

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Online Online
  • Last login:Today at 01:05:20 am
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
« Reply #2614 on: August 10, 2022, 12:46:48 pm »
Hello all!

I just purchased a PGA golf championship cabinet.  They said the video card is not functioning in it.  I was wondering if anyone could help me out with information regarding what hardware I can use to repair this or if there is a Facebook group where folks discuss this.  I work in the computer field and I am familiar with the hardware.  If emulation is possible or if there is a way to use newer hardware I would pursue that as well.

Thank you for any help or advice, I'm excited to tinker with this and would love to get it working!!

there is a Facebook group linked somewhere in this thread about 10 pages back. if you read though this thread you will find the answers to all your questions, including the ones that come up after those questions are answered... including swapping hardware and system requirements and videocard requirements.

100 page thread TL;DR - software locked (sort of) to the specific videocard used in the game.... but can be hacked to make others work. basically everyone doing this moved to the facebook group and it's best to head there and read the goings on there... emulation is not needed due to the fact it's literally a windows program... you just "run" it as the booted into process instead of loading explorere.exe so none of the "windows" shows.

Captainspaulding

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2615 on: August 10, 2022, 03:27:01 pm »
Hello all!

there is a Facebook group linked somewhere in this thread about 10 pages back. if you read though this thread you will find the answers to all your questions, including the ones that come up after those questions are answered... including swapping hardware and system requirements and videocard requirements.

100 page thread TL;DR - software locked (sort of) to the specific videocard used in the game.... but can be hacked to make others work. basically everyone doing this moved to the facebook group and it's best to head there and read the goings on there... emulation is not needed due to the fact it's literally a windows program... you just "run" it as the booted into process instead of loading explorere.exe so none of the "windows" shows.

I have tried every Facebook link that was linked in this thread and all of them say it's unavailable.  I have read through almost all posts on this forum and from what I've seen people will always mention that it is a private group that requires an invite and someone usually says "check your PMs".

drummer_god

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2616 on: August 10, 2022, 11:14:16 pm »
The Facebook group is not a troubleshooting group.
The revolving door of people looking for help only to disappear without so much as a Thank You became too much headache. The group is a social platform for players to discuss gameplay, tournaments, team events, etc.

I posted a link to the Wikipedia page which has the video card information you’re looking for.

All those messages telling people to ‘check their PM’ was me giving those people the help they needed - not a Facebook invite.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 11:17:06 pm by drummer_god »

Captainspaulding

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2617 on: August 11, 2022, 07:29:19 am »
I have repaired the machine and it is functional.  Does anyone know if the private server with tournaments is still available?

Thank you,
Matt

drummer_god

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2618 on: August 11, 2022, 09:13:44 am »
It is but you must be running Team Challenge edition 4.0.0.8

Captainspaulding

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2619 on: August 11, 2022, 09:49:17 am »
Do you have any information on how I would perform this upgrade?

Captainspaulding

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2620 on: August 11, 2022, 10:17:37 am »
One more question for the group (this one is kind of ridiculous).  I'd like to get the PC out to clean it more effectively and put new thermal grease on the GPU, etc.  I can't physically remove the PC from the back (under the CRT) or the front (through the controller access).  Is there an easy secret I'm missing here, or do I really have to remove the CRT to get it out?

drummer_god

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2621 on: August 11, 2022, 10:20:05 am »
Why can’t you remove it from the back of the cabinet when removing the back door?
The PC may be bolted to the cabinet floor but I assume you’d see that if it were.

Captainspaulding

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2622 on: August 11, 2022, 10:30:00 am »
The width of the PC case is about.75 inches larger than the opening to the side of the crt or under it.  My closest bet is out the control opening in the front but it's still roughly .75 inches too large to come out even with the sides of the computer case removed.

drummer_god

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2623 on: August 11, 2022, 10:39:15 am »
You’re going to need to post some pics of your cabinet. Perhaps it’s not a regular PGA cabinet as if it were, you’d just open the back of the cabinet and remove the PC pretty easily.

Captainspaulding

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2624 on: August 11, 2022, 10:57:01 am »
I'll post some better pictures when I get home.  The guy said he bought it brand new in 2003 and he was the only owner.  I thought it was a little strange that the sideart looked different than pictures I had seen, but it has the top marquee and (I believe at least) the newer card reader?

lilshawn

• Online Online
« Reply #2625 on: August 11, 2022, 11:05:45 am »
i mean, yeah it's a converted cabinet... so not a "real" (as in from global VR's factory cabinet)...but you should still be able to remove the back door off the cabinet to service the machine. either a couple screws and/or a lock to open it.

it will give you a 32x45 inch hole to work in.

general idea here: https://youtu.be/Wyze2iYeo1c?t=209

Captainspaulding

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2626 on: August 11, 2022, 11:10:42 am »
i mean, yeah it's a converted cabinet... so not a "real" (as in from global VR's factory cabinet)...but you should still be able to remove the back door off the cabinet to service the machine. either a couple screws and/or a lock to open it.

it will give you a 32x45 inch hole to work in.

general idea here: https://youtu.be/Wyze2iYeo1c?t=209

I know I sound like I'm crazy, but I have at least worked on a few arcades in the past.  Please see the attached artist's rendering of the back of the cabinet.

I'm 100% open to me being dumb and missing something obvious here.  I would appreciate any advice.

lilshawn

• Online Online
« Reply #2627 on: August 11, 2022, 11:21:29 am »
yeah, after i posted I was kinda looking at the angle of that monitor trying to figure out what the cabinet USED to be...and it certainly looks like it would make stuffing that computer in the back kind of tough...especially if the lower part of the door is large (which i cant really tell from the pics.) and by your description it might be.

if this is the case, I would LOOSEN the 2 lower monitor bolts and REMOVE the 2 upper ones...that would allow enough room to hinge the monitor up a bit and might give you enough room to pull out the computer.

that way you don't have to REMOVE the monitor.

if you are sticking to the stock setup, maybe consider swapping your computer's guts into a smaller case (or mounting it to a board) to make insertion and removal in the future easier.

Captainspaulding

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2628 on: August 11, 2022, 11:26:53 am »
yeah, after i posted I was kinda looking at the angle of that monitor trying to figure out what the cabinet USED to be...and it certainly looks like it would make stuffing that computer in the back kind of tough...especially if the lower part of the door is large (which i cant really tell from the pics.) and by your description it might be.

if this is the case, I would LOOSEN the 2 lower monitor bolts and REMOVE the 2 upper ones...that would allow enough room to hinge the monitor up a bit and might give you enough room to pull out the computer.

that way you don't have to REMOVE the monitor.

if you are sticking to the stock setup, maybe consider swapping your computer's guts into a smaller case (or mounting it to a board) to make insertion and removal in the future easier.

I will definitely be going with a smaller PC, but I want to enjoy the game as it is for a little while first.  I'm going to take an image of the hard drive because I think it might be starting to go out and I don't want to lose that.  I don't have any of the restore CDs or install CDs and if that hard drive goes out I am completely out of luck at least for now.  It's so frustrating not being able to get it out of the back.  Plus anytime I work on anything I have the back of the CRT right by my forehead and I'd really rather not get shocked there.

drummer_god

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2629 on: August 11, 2022, 11:28:22 am »
That card reader is the old card reader and not compatible with online play.

That is a conversion you don’t see every day. What’s the control panel look like?

Captainspaulding

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2630 on: August 11, 2022, 11:33:25 am »
That card reader is the old card reader and not compatible with online play.

That is a conversion you don’t see every day. What’s the control panel look like?

I've seen forum posts about different card readers, is there one I could buy that fits the old slot that will work?

lilshawn

• Online Online
« Reply #2631 on: August 11, 2022, 11:53:35 am »
I don't have any of the restore CDs or install CDs and if that hard drive goes out I am completely out of luck at least for now.

i think i recall someone having some restore disk images in a dropbox or google drive here.

Plus anytime I work on anything I have the back of the CRT right by my forehead and I'd really rather not get shocked there.

lol. don't put too much worry into it. as long as you aren't stabbing metal stuff into the board you'll be fine. i remember we had a vertical cabinet and i always had to reach in the side of the cabinet between the chassis and the wall to get to the gameboard to flip the dipswitch to get it into service mode...(i don't know who thought it was a good idea to put it there but, whatever.) there was a real concern of getting shocked there...i ended up cutting out a sheet of 1/4" plastic and put it on the bottom of the chassis to make stuffing my arm in there a little less concerning.  :lol

Captainspaulding

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2632 on: August 11, 2022, 09:21:00 pm »
Never mind, found what I was looking for.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2022, 09:24:30 pm by Captainspaulding »

Captainspaulding

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2633 on: August 11, 2022, 09:52:49 pm »
Team Challenge latest version had been installed and I have ordered the card reader and a stack of cards.  Can anyone point me int the right direction to join the private server.

drummer_god

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2634 on: August 11, 2022, 10:11:40 pm »
The picture you posted of your machine is not gameplay from Team Challenge.

Please post a picture of your operators menu screen.

Captainspaulding

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2635 on: August 11, 2022, 10:31:55 pm »
The picture you posted of your machine is not gameplay from Team Challenge.

Please post a picture of your operators menu screen.

https://ibb.co/jTWmGkp

Posting with an image service as it said my image didn't meet requirements for this forum.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2022, 10:34:54 pm by Captainspaulding »

drummer_god

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2636 on: August 11, 2022, 10:39:34 pm »
That is game version 4.1.0.4 when you need 4.0.0.8

Also, please provide a link to the card reader you purchased so I can confirm it is a compatible reader.
Is this cabinet in your home? The surroundings in the photos you’ve provided look like it’s in a business setting.

Captainspaulding

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2637 on: August 11, 2022, 10:44:53 pm »
That is game version 4.1.0.4 when you need 4.0.0.8

Also, please provide a link to the card reader you purchased so I can confirm it is a compatible reader.
Is this cabinet in your home? The surroundings in the photos you’ve provided look like it’s in a business setting.

The original photos were from I don't even know where.  They are from the original owner.  The photo of the cabinet working with the old version shows my carpeting and this photo is in the same room (my living room).  Until I can move it downstairs to the basement, it's staying up here.  My wife is surprisingly okay with it as she is having fun with it as well.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B096VG1KZW?ref=ppx_pt2_mob_b_prod_image

drummer_god

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2638 on: August 11, 2022, 10:50:35 pm »
Do you have the game discs for Team Challenge?
Playing online comes with a $36/year/cabinet membership fee.

Captainspaulding

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2639 on: August 11, 2022, 10:51:54 pm »
Do you have the game discs for Team Challenge?
Playing online comes with a $36/year/cabinet membership fee.

I have Team Challenge discs, yes.  Who do I pay?