Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up --- Bug Reports --- Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Poll

What version of PGA do you currently own?

PGA GOLF
6 (4.1%)
CHAMPIONSHIP I
5 (3.4%)
CHAMPIONSHIP II
3 (2%)
CHAMPIONSHIP III
18 (12.2%)
CHALLENGE
29 (19.6%)
TEAM CHALLENGE
48 (32.4%)
TEAM CHALLENGE w/ ALL ACCESS
25 (16.9%)
I DON'T OWN A VERSION BUT WOULD LIKE TO!
14 (9.5%)

Total Members Voted: 148

Author Topic: PGA Tour Golf by Global VR & EA Sports Owners Thread  (Read 410996 times)

ketsujo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 30, 2022, 05:57:58 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: PGA Tour Golf by Global VR & EA Sports Owners Thread
« Reply #2600 on: April 30, 2022, 05:08:57 pm »
Hello first time posting here!  I was looking for some help as i was brought one of these computers to work on and it has a failed psu, cd rom, gpu and HDD. I have the restore cds and have gone through the setting the game back up but what i cant do is install drivers to a gpu in  this case im trying to use a gt 710. Is there a way to do this or am i forced to track down a gpu thats a gt 6600 - 9600 as i saw someone else mention in the forum.

drummer_god

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 07:30:13 am
« Reply #2601 on: May 02, 2022, 01:14:48 pm »
GT 710 is too new.
Stick with the GeForce 5600-9800

artvandelay528

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 24, 2022, 04:45:18 pm
« Reply #2602 on: June 02, 2022, 02:47:16 am »
I am rebuilding a cabinet for a friend, I set up the new build PC using the exact same hardware as my existing setup.  I cloned my hard drive and everything is running normal (drivers, video, etc) - I'm running Team Challenge with All Access Pass on a Dell GX620

I'm having an issue with the Dongle emulator on the new build - when i try to install using the emulator instructions from the YouTube video, i get Error 1068 when selecting Start Service.  Confirmed date and time in BIOS is correct and replaced the CMOS as well.

The dongle emulator works when i put the HDD back in my original PC, is there any way to clear the Dongle settings it so it can run on the new/cloned PC?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2022, 09:22:32 am by artvandelay528 »

artvandelay528

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 24, 2022, 04:45:18 pm
« Reply #2603 on: June 06, 2022, 11:17:50 am »
I am rebuilding a cabinet for a friend, I set up the new build PC using the exact same hardware as my existing setup.  I cloned my hard drive and everything is running normal (drivers, video, etc) - I'm running Team Challenge with All Access Pass on a Dell GX620

I'm having an issue with the Dongle emulator on the new build - when i try to install using the emulator instructions from the YouTube video, i get Error 1068 when selecting Start Service.  Confirmed date and time in BIOS is correct and replaced the CMOS as well.

The dongle emulator works when i put the HDD back in my original PC, is there any way to clear the Dongle settings it so it can run on the new/cloned PC?

Disregard - I ran the recovery disc and reinstalled which fixed the error

ajmorris74

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 08, 2022, 07:32:21 am
« Reply #2604 on: June 26, 2022, 09:38:18 pm »
What card reader does PGA support?  I have found this info.
https://manualzz.com/doc/41352588/scr-28---series
The card that Global VR sales is is the SCR28I-S033U

What other Hybrid Card Reader would work?

Andy

ajmorris74

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2606 on: June 27, 2022, 01:45:03 pm »
Awesome, Thanks!! I just ordered some.  Will make a 3D plate for it so it looks official :)
Now I just need a few Nytric Cards and the Jamma Interface..  Any Ideas?

Andy

ajmorris74

• Offline Offline

nipsmg

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 09:00:16 pm
  • ROONEY!! ERRGH!!
    • Arcadia
« Reply #2608 on: June 28, 2022, 04:25:59 pm »
Awesome, Thanks!! I just ordered some.  Will make a 3D plate for it so it looks official :)
Now I just need a few Nytric Cards and the Jamma Interface..  Any Ideas?

Andy

nah, on that it's just hunt until you find one. You're probably more likely to find a non-working machine that has a nytric in it than find a nytric for any reasonable price.

Cheapest I've seen lately is $375 for a nytric, but I've seen some non-working machines go for $150/200.

ajmorris74

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2609 on: June 29, 2022, 09:01:24 am »
Well to that end, I was able to find one on Facebook yesterday and snagged it for $110.  Hopefully, it's not a brick.  I really wish we could get an i-pac or someting to work with the software.  Now i just need a Jamma board.  Don't want to have to get the new ones from Global VR. The prices are too outrageous.

Andy

nipsmg

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 09:00:16 pm
  • ROONEY!! ERRGH!!
    • Arcadia
« Reply #2610 on: June 29, 2022, 07:46:35 pm »
You should be able to wire up your own jamma adapter. I think guys on the Facebook group know how/have plans.

ajmorris74

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2611 on: June 30, 2022, 02:28:31 pm »
okay great!! Brian is sending me a link to join.  That would be great to get this one going soon.  I will have two cabinets up and running then.

Andy

Captainspaulding

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 06:13:23 pm
  • I'm excited to be here! I love tinkering!
« Reply #2612 on: August 08, 2022, 10:28:21 pm »
Hello all!

I just purchased a PGA golf championship cabinet.  They said the video card is not functioning in it.  I was wondering if anyone could help me out with information regarding what hardware I can use to repair this or if there is a Facebook group where folks discuss this.  I work in the computer field and I am familiar with the hardware.  If emulation is possible or if there is a way to use newer hardware I would pursue that as well.

Thank you for any help or advice, I'm excited to tinker with this and would love to get it working!!

drummer_god

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 07:30:13 am

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:48:10 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
« Reply #2614 on: Today at 12:46:48 pm »
Hello all!

I just purchased a PGA golf championship cabinet.  They said the video card is not functioning in it.  I was wondering if anyone could help me out with information regarding what hardware I can use to repair this or if there is a Facebook group where folks discuss this.  I work in the computer field and I am familiar with the hardware.  If emulation is possible or if there is a way to use newer hardware I would pursue that as well.

Thank you for any help or advice, I'm excited to tinker with this and would love to get it working!!

there is a Facebook group linked somewhere in this thread about 10 pages back. if you read though this thread you will find the answers to all your questions, including the ones that come up after those questions are answered... including swapping hardware and system requirements and videocard requirements.

100 page thread TL;DR - software locked (sort of) to the specific videocard used in the game.... but can be hacked to make others work. basically everyone doing this moved to the facebook group and it's best to head there and read the goings on there... emulation is not needed due to the fact it's literally a windows program... you just "run" it as the booted into process instead of loading explorere.exe so none of the "windows" shows.

Captainspaulding

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 06:13:23 pm
  • I'm excited to be here! I love tinkering!
« Reply #2615 on: Today at 03:27:01 pm »
Hello all!

there is a Facebook group linked somewhere in this thread about 10 pages back. if you read though this thread you will find the answers to all your questions, including the ones that come up after those questions are answered... including swapping hardware and system requirements and videocard requirements.

100 page thread TL;DR - software locked (sort of) to the specific videocard used in the game.... but can be hacked to make others work. basically everyone doing this moved to the facebook group and it's best to head there and read the goings on there... emulation is not needed due to the fact it's literally a windows program... you just "run" it as the booted into process instead of loading explorere.exe so none of the "windows" shows.

I have tried every Facebook link that was linked in this thread and all of them say it's unavailable.  I have read through almost all posts on this forum and from what I've seen people will always mention that it is a private group that requires an invite and someone usually says "check your PMs".