Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Poll

What version of PGA do you currently own?

PGA GOLF
6 (3.7%)
CHAMPIONSHIP I
6 (3.7%)
CHAMPIONSHIP II
3 (1.8%)
CHAMPIONSHIP III
20 (12.3%)
CHALLENGE
31 (19%)
TEAM CHALLENGE
54 (33.1%)
TEAM CHALLENGE w/ ALL ACCESS
28 (17.2%)
I DON'T OWN A VERSION BUT WOULD LIKE TO!
15 (9.2%)

Total Members Voted: 163

Author Topic: PGA Tour Golf by Global VR & EA Sports Owners Thread  (Read 530447 times)

nixpaints

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 13, 2017, 07:07:17 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: PGA Tour Golf by Global VR & EA Sports Owners Thread
« Reply #2240 on: January 24, 2017, 01:44:20 pm »
Hey Guys,
Newbie here, read through most of the forum.  Great work!

GT Complete owner looking to change it up.  Just picked up a PGA Challenge machine with a dead computer in it.  I did get the TC rescue disks to load into a new computer but I only have the challenge dongle and not version 4.  Anyone have a current link to the TC dongle emulator?  The dropbox posted earlier on this forum has been deleted.

Thx

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 05, 2023, 07:55:31 am
« Reply #2241 on: January 24, 2017, 05:11:59 pm »
Not bad for right out of the box.  Almost there.  Were you calling in like your machine was already registered or were you attempting to re-register?

If you were doing a normal call in then has anything changed on your machine since it last called in?  If you deregistered, installed AAP, new software, anything like that then you must reregister.
I was calling in from my old registered machine. Nothing has changed except for the IP address you asked us to change in your instructions.

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2242 on: January 24, 2017, 05:20:25 pm »
Hey Guys,
Newbie here, read through most of the forum.  Great work!

GT Complete owner looking to change it up.  Just picked up a PGA Challenge machine with a dead computer in it.  I did get the TC rescue disks to load into a new computer but I only have the challenge dongle and not version 4.  Anyone have a current link to the TC dongle emulator?  The dropbox posted earlier on this forum has been deleted.

Thx
Hi mate welcome. Those files many more can be found on out facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/groups/444981388985690/
Come over and say hello and get what you need.
Thx Joe

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2243 on: January 24, 2017, 06:28:11 pm »
Ok so I unregistered and reregistered and still the same error. Will try running the patch again urghhhh!!'

TheSherman8or

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 27, 2017, 08:52:01 am
« Reply #2244 on: January 24, 2017, 06:28:52 pm »
I was able connect and can play world tour now im getting error 4000 when i force call.

Lee_Trevino

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 18, 2019, 11:44:24 am
« Reply #2245 on: January 24, 2017, 06:34:42 pm »
Ok, appears there is a processing error somewhere along the line.  More than likely a timing issue.  Ill pull the logs tonight and see where in the cadence everybody is failing.  Im still putting my machine back together.  World Tour is partially back.....thats another great step.  Ill figure it all out for you guys.

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2246 on: January 24, 2017, 06:39:14 pm »
Ok, appears there is a processing error somewhere along the line.  More than likely a timing issue.  Ill pull the logs tonight and see where in the cadence everybody is failing.  Im still putting my machine back together.  World Tour is partially back.....thats another great step.  Ill figure it all out for you guys.
A guy over on facebook page had success after reinstalling the full game and doing everything from scratch. After reregistration the history showed success then after call in it had partial failure error 4000. I also changed both IP addresses to the new one in hosts not just the pga4. Would this be causing a problem? Should i bother running the patcher again? Or just sit tight and wait?

Lee_Trevino

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2247 on: January 24, 2017, 06:41:48 pm »
You know what, I just thought of something.  The data I uploaded into the db might have not been the absolute latest.  If so then your machine and server could have a conflict on a few things.  Would anybody be willing to deregister and register again fresh?

Lee_Trevino

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2248 on: January 24, 2017, 06:43:30 pm »
Looks like you just answered my question Joe.  Nevermind, dont deregister.  Just sit tight until I pull and review the logs tonight.

TheSherman8or

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2249 on: January 24, 2017, 07:12:06 pm »
If this helps it goes to 99% and on connect screen says partially failed

Lee_Trevino

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2250 on: January 25, 2017, 01:55:10 am »
Very strange.  I pulled the logs, I see people connecting, and I see no errors.  Every transaction is returning successfully.  Awhile back I added code to extract machine errors and save them into the db.  Time to pull those records and see if it has anything useful.

Lee_Trevino

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2251 on: January 25, 2017, 02:08:10 am »
Error reporting code paid off.  I see the error, working on debugging and generating a fix.

Lee_Trevino

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2252 on: January 25, 2017, 02:23:45 am »
Ok, believe I fixed it.  Would one of you guys try calling in and letting me know.

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2253 on: January 25, 2017, 02:43:01 am »
Ok, believe I fixed it.  Would one of you guys try calling in and letting me know.
---fudgesicle--- out for the night will try when home if not intoxicated ha ha

Lee_Trevino

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2254 on: January 25, 2017, 05:21:31 pm »
You're slacking on your testing responsibilities Spit!

TheSherman8or

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2255 on: January 25, 2017, 07:52:49 pm »
I was able to call in and was successful. I did notice on WT leader board my score for pumpkin ridge didnt update and im not getting leaderboard scores on machine like i did when first re registered

TheSherman8or

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2256 on: January 25, 2017, 08:36:55 pm »
Nevermind it updated. I had force call. I guess force call and exit didnt update it. Still no scores on leader board in game though.

Lee_Trevino

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2257 on: January 25, 2017, 08:39:34 pm »
Did your machine reboot after calling in?  I believe this is required.  Also db might be empty and require another call in for you to get the data.  Ill check tonight.  But hey.....its up.

TheSherman8or

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2258 on: January 25, 2017, 09:03:27 pm »
No reboot just did the force call without exiting. Im not complaining one bit I have been burning my trackball out because of how much I have been playing in the last 2 days. Thank you again for all of this.

Lee_Trevino

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2259 on: January 25, 2017, 11:19:48 pm »
Ill have my machine back together in a few and I can iron out any kinks.  Next step is to convert tournament tool and start one up.

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2260 on: January 25, 2017, 11:23:20 pm »
Yes never got round to testing last night as was very drunk ha ha now Australia day today and out celebrating with family hopefully can get some time later tonight to call in.

Lee_Trevino

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2261 on: January 27, 2017, 01:25:46 am »
Short test tournament just got loaded to the server.  Call in and get it.  Runs from now till Sunday midnight UTC.

Lee_Trevino

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2262 on: January 27, 2017, 01:45:37 am »
Im going to update the patcher iso with the address of the new server.  If doing a fresh install or new registration use the patch iso.  If not then do not use the patcher as it blows everything away.  If everybody can edit the file by hand...great.  If not then let me know and ill have to make a new disk that only touches the host file

Lee_Trevino

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2263 on: January 27, 2017, 10:37:02 am »
Spit and Tim, Im ready to give you both a copy of the tournament tool.  Would like to talk to you both about it and go over it in real time as text will just not work.  Too many things to go over.  Was thinking we could skype at once.  Spit, I have your email but Tim can you send me yours over IM and we can take this offline.

TimBoch

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 14, 2024, 11:41:34 am
  • Be the Ball.
« Reply #2264 on: January 29, 2017, 02:49:42 pm »
I was able to get my "online" hard drive reinstalled and all seems working. Thankfully the dongle emulator is still working. Took a little to connect the first time, mostly due to my forgetting that I disconnected the ethernet cable after we went offline.  I do think that once I connected however, that my previous scores for Sahalee were uploaded before I had completed my first round, as I was showing 5 rounds completed that appear to correspond to the 5 scores that I had played in the past.  Otherwise, all seems to be working again. 
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 09:59:18 pm by TimBoch »

Lee_Trevino

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2265 on: January 29, 2017, 10:02:23 pm »
Yea, the data I uploaded was a tick old.  When I started the tournament it matched a previous tournament id so the server thinks you have already played as it has that tournament id game results from early last year.  I will fix that on the new test tournament I kick off tomorrow.

Wikidtiki

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 13, 2017, 02:08:45 pm
  • Rowsdower, Zap Rowsdower
« Reply #2266 on: February 20, 2017, 08:27:38 pm »
Greetings all,

I have just purchased a Challenge machine and have a few questions. If anybody can offer any help it would be greatly appreciated. Everything functions on the unit and the game plays very well. The problem I have is that the machine says there is no card reader thus locking me out of tournament mode. The machine was factory reset prior to me purchasing it and is not currently registered. Is there a way to have it registered so it will unlock the other tournament courses on the machine? I tried, via the menu and it states that I need an operators card or pin code. Am I fighting a losing battle or is there a way to get a card and register the machine?

Again, thanks for any help.

dramaone

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 24, 2018, 03:48:53 pm
« Reply #2267 on: March 29, 2017, 02:46:06 am »
Greetings all,

I have just purchased a Challenge machine and have a few questions. If anybody can offer any help it would be greatly appreciated. Everything functions on the unit and the game plays very well. The problem I have is that the machine says there is no card reader thus locking me out of tournament mode. The machine was factory reset prior to me purchasing it and is not currently registered. Is there a way to have it registered so it will unlock the other tournament courses on the machine? I tried, via the menu and it states that I need an operators card or pin code. Am I fighting a losing battle or is there a way to get a card and register the machine?

Again, thanks for any help.

Sorry can't help but I have the same issue. Everything on the machine works, I have a card reader and card but the system doesn't see the reader. It says I cant access tournament mode and the
system isn't registered.

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2268 on: April 01, 2017, 05:06:14 am »
Hi All,

We have an online server back up and running again for PGA GOLF team challenge. Follow the instructions below to get online.

ONLINE SERVER CONNECTION INSTRUCTIONS FOR UNREGISTERED MACHINES

To join in online you need the latest patcher_04 which can be found in an earlier post if tou havent done so already and a regular team challenge machine. No other machines will work. Burn patcher iso to cd. On the attract screen run the patcher in your cd rom drive. Once it says press any key to continue turn off and power up your machine again. Once back in attract mode Edit the file c:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts and change the ip address associated with pga4.globalvr.com to 54.153.0.232. Do this by hitting windows key close gvr hit windows key again go to control panel navigate to hosts file above. Open in notepad change ip address save close windows. Hits windows key again hit gvr boot.
go to the operators menu by pressing the red operators button inside ur cabinet. Be sure to have your machine connected to the Internet by plugging in an Ethernet cable directly to your cabinet Pc ethernet port. If you are using wireless be sure to configure your wireless connection as per the instructions before trying to register. Choose register/connect option, register cabinet and register your machine using the 4 digit code option using any four digits as it doesn't matter. Make sure you change from Dial up to cable adsl option and follow on screen instructions and allow the machine to call server.  This may take a while first time to get to 100% complete.  Once registered choose the force a call to the server and exit to game option and that's it. You should now be tournament enabled and online. To play online in a Tournament or the World tour option on your cabinet You will need a players card and reader. You will also need to turn your machine off free play otherwise you won't be able to select World Tour and Tournament on the start screen. This has to be done in the operators menu by choosing machine and settings option and disabling free play.
Once you select World Tour it will ask you to insert your players card. It will say that the card is not tournament enabled and will run you through a number of steps to make it so follow instructions and your card will be made tournament ready and you will be given a player number. Now you can use your card or number on any machine linked to Boosts Server and your home made player can be used to play every course on the game without having an all access pass. You will be able to unlock hidden skill shots on every course to unlock special player customising items and equipment. Once all courses available on World Tour are played you will be given a player ranking and it will also unlock heaps of customisable clothing and equipment to use on your player in the Game face option of the game. You can also keep track of how many skill shots you have found and your ranking by inserting your players card into your card reader on the attract screen of the game. There are now also leaderboards available so you can show the world you are the best player out there.

If you need any further help let me know.

Joinour facebook page here for more help and any files needed.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/444981388985690/

Thx Joe
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 05:07:58 am by Spitfire »

Bev

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 02, 2018, 12:29:42 pm
  • Clueless, but love buying games and trying tofix
« Reply #2269 on: April 17, 2017, 11:12:47 pm »
Hey thanks for letting me know! I'm super pumped and pulled out the cabinet and got it back online tonight. I went through the directions but can't get it to connect to the server, stops at 2%. I have the patch from a year or so ago and think I found the notepad file where I changed the IP address to 54.153.0.232. It didn't change anything. I'm stumped where the directions say "go to control panel navigate to host file above". I think I found it by just digging into the files, found patch file, but again it changed nothing. Any help appreciated, can't wait to show you how this game is really played!!!!!!! Steve .     
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 11:26:19 pm by Bev »

mictas

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 12, 2017, 12:49:41 pm
« Reply #2270 on: April 22, 2017, 11:55:33 am »
hi all does anyone have the install and rescue disc for pga tour team challenge previously spitfire drop boxed me them (appreciated) but disc 1 seems to be corrupt any help would be greatly welcomed ty

mictas

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 12, 2017, 12:49:41 pm
« Reply #2271 on: April 22, 2017, 04:39:16 pm »
hi all does anyone have the install and rescue disc for pga tour team challenge previously spitfire drop boxed me them (appreciated) but disc 1 seems to be corrupt any help would be greatly welcomed ty

update I have swopped the CD Rom and have the game installed it now load the the nitric i/o fault the question I have is are there any other leads from the io card other than to the usb
also can any io card be installed in case the card is at fault or does it have to be a specific one
thank you all

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2272 on: May 14, 2017, 07:50:28 am »

update I have swopped the CD Rom and have the game installed it now load the the nitric i/o fault the question I have is are there any other leads from the io card other than to the usb
also can any io card be installed in case the card is at fault or does it have to be a specific one
thank you all

Hi mate did you get this sorted? The Nitric card should have usb, power and controls plug connected to it nothing else.

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2273 on: May 14, 2017, 07:52:52 am »
Online tournaments are now been in full swing for a while and we are following the real USA PGA tour.  Please shout out if anyone needs help getting their machine online as the more we get playing the better. See you on the leaderboards soon.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 08:01:20 am by Spitfire »

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2274 on: June 01, 2017, 08:08:34 am »
Online Tournaments still going strong with the memorial tournament now in fullswing. Join us online now! For any help getting you PGA Team Challenge online contact me or go to our facebook page

yukonblaze

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 16, 2023, 11:32:48 am
« Reply #2275 on: June 07, 2017, 04:26:10 pm »
Finally took the time today to get back online.  Glad to see it is still going strong.  As it was raining and I had nothing else to do was able to dump PGA Tour, Champ III, Challenge and get running without dongles today.  Got to get my hand on working Champ I and II so I can dump them still.

Jason

yukonblaze

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 16, 2023, 11:32:48 am
« Reply #2276 on: June 11, 2017, 03:01:19 pm »
Looking for Team Challenge or Challenge marquee and marquee (between speakers).  Anyone got something, please let me know.  Side art also if anyone has anything.

Thanks
Jason

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2277 on: July 04, 2017, 02:11:50 am »
Hi All online golf alive and well shout out if you need help joining the USPGA Online tour.  See you on the leaderboards soon.

Back_Forty_Beer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 19, 2017, 09:06:00 am
« Reply #2278 on: August 14, 2017, 06:20:57 pm »
Here she is http://imgur.com/a/SqcME

I'm a total newb and I have no idea what I'm doing and what I'm getting myself into but any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'll be reading through all of these posts but would appreciate any shoves into the deep end of how to get started on reviving this gal.

Cheers!

Scoops

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 16, 2017, 03:06:36 pm
« Reply #2279 on: August 16, 2017, 03:06:36 pm »
I've had Team Challenge now for a couple months and I'm looking to join online. I'm having problems getting to the operators screen. I've tried the button and I think the issue is the USB I/O. I can't find an exact replacement part for it online and wouldn't mind if anyone had any input on this. Also when you create (your face) players how do you get all access to all the options provided when creating a player?