Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Poll

What version of PGA do you currently own?

PGA GOLF
6 (3.7%)
CHAMPIONSHIP I
6 (3.7%)
CHAMPIONSHIP II
3 (1.8%)
CHAMPIONSHIP III
20 (12.3%)
CHALLENGE
31 (19%)
TEAM CHALLENGE
54 (33.1%)
TEAM CHALLENGE w/ ALL ACCESS
28 (17.2%)
I DON'T OWN A VERSION BUT WOULD LIKE TO!
15 (9.2%)

Total Members Voted: 163

Author Topic: PGA Tour Golf by Global VR & EA Sports Owners Thread  (Read 530348 times)

Spitfire

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 05, 2023, 07:55:31 am
Re: PGA Tour Golf by Global VR & EA Sports Owners Thread
« Reply #2080 on: July 12, 2016, 07:19:13 am »
No need for all access if your machine is online. All courses are open in world tour and much more.

edowen55

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 02, 2016, 09:38:54 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #2081 on: July 12, 2016, 06:20:47 pm »
No need for all access if your machine is online. All courses are open in world tour and much more.

I'm well aware.  There's no guarantee online will be around forever though. 

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2082 on: July 16, 2016, 04:56:52 am »
Donations for the online server security being taken as we speak. Thanks Ed for your contribution.  If anyone on this forum wishes to donate please pm me and i will give you all the details on how to do so. We must secure our pga server so we can continue to play the added features which online play unlocks.

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2083 on: July 21, 2016, 01:41:27 am »
SERVER DOWN FOR RELOCATION AND UPGRADES.

Please show a little patience while this work takes place which hopefully wont take to long.

We are also in need of more donations to make the proposed changes by Boost fully funded.

All those that have not yet donated please do via paypal account snjspiteri@bigpond.com so they can be ready when needed as to not delay the server relaunch.

Thanks for your patience. I suggest practice offline for our next tournament.

Bev

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 02, 2018, 12:29:42 pm
  • Clueless, but love buying games and trying tofix
« Reply #2084 on: July 26, 2016, 08:39:24 pm »
Copy that, can't wait to get back online, I need the practice though!  ;D

Bev

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2085 on: July 27, 2016, 04:41:41 pm »
Tried to paypal some $ but it says the email snjspiteri@bigpond.com is not valid?  :embarassed:

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2086 on: July 28, 2016, 07:01:00 am »
Tried to paypal some $ but it says the email snjspiteri@bigpond.com is not valid?  :embarassed:
Very strange mate as have received donations from all over the world to snjspiteri@bigpond.com
Please try again as need more funds to get the server up and running again.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 07:02:34 am by Spitfire »

Bev

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2087 on: July 29, 2016, 01:57:22 am »
Tried again as both friend and normal with charges and it says email not valid. I had cut and pasted email so retyped it and sent both ways still says email not valid. I tried  :banghead:

MyNameIsRu

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 29, 2016, 04:13:06 pm
« Reply #2088 on: July 29, 2016, 04:05:37 am »
Hi all, not sure if it's okay to post this here so I apologize in advance if it's not.

I got a Team Challenge cab last year for practically nothing, but unfortunately it's mostly gutted. The only internal hardware left was the coin door and coin mech holders.

I'm slowly trying to restore or convert it and just had a silly question about getting the bulbs behind the coin door to light up. From what I can tell, something needs to be connected to the two white molex connectors in the picture, but I don't know what that is. I think the one on the left goes to the DBV, but I have no idea what connects to the one on the right.

I figured this was the best place to ask. Thanks in advance, guys.

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 07:40:39 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
« Reply #2089 on: July 29, 2016, 05:41:14 pm »
it really is as simple as following the wires in that connector and seeing where they go. your lights should have a wire on them... probably a black for ground and a colored for positive... just match up the color.

likely it's a connector for the coin switches and whatnot, it's just a matter of figuring out which is which.

the one does look like for a DBA. (should be 3x3 block and the 2 black wires are tied to AC power 120 volts/220 volts depending)

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2090 on: August 22, 2016, 08:34:46 am »
Nice to see the the forum is up and running again. Same can't be said about the PGA Server as Boost alias PGA server alias Chuck has F...img disappeared again and so has our online World Tour and Golf Tournaments which has us all very F...ing unhappy. I'm sure he is a magician in real life has this is the third time he has done this even though he promised he would never do it again here on this forum. Don't like it when you ain't true to your word! 

We are exploring the option of trying to get another Server up and running for the PGA Golf community and have people from around the world working on it as we speak. If anyone as the means to assist in this process please pm me as we have raised funds to pay for this project as we need the server to be available for everyone's enjoyment and open to anyone that wants to play this great game.

Hopefully together we can get this great game online again!!

Bev

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2091 on: August 22, 2016, 10:54:52 pm »
Thanks Spitfire, this sucks hope someone can step up and get us online again I miss it big time. I'm computer illiterate so no help from that end. Willing to throw more $ for completion if it sounds more stable.   :applaud:

Bev

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2092 on: September 14, 2016, 12:36:04 am »
Any updates for us? Thanks

TimBoch

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 14, 2024, 11:41:34 am
  • Be the Ball.
« Reply #2093 on: September 19, 2016, 11:46:34 am »
Over on Facebook I posted this:
I had planned to use Pumpkin Ridge for the tournament for the upcoming Ryder Cup. It has so many qualities of Hazeltine.
Since online play is not any closer to reality. Here is a thought.
With the Ryder Cup about 2 weeks away. We could have people sign up for the American and European teams, a "captain" could set up his teams players unknown to the other team. Then each person would play their round and submit their score. Then using a spreadsheet, we could input the scores, compare them to the persons score they played against and award holes won.
Figure there are 3 days of play. Day 1 and 2 have four matches in the morning and four matches in the afternoon. Possibly 8 players. We can't simulate foursomes or fourball play, but we could play our round and it would be match play against the other teams player.
Day 3 has 12 singles matches. I don't think we have 24 players any more, but we could if we had maybe 8 on a team, we could pit them head to head and then show their match play score.
A person could play their 3 rounds anytime during the Ryder Cup week, submitting the results via Messenger or posting a pic of their score. Granted this requires that you send the round you actually played. But that is in accordance with the honorable nature of golf.
If anyone is interested, submit a reply here and your desired team. USA or Europe.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/444981388985690/

ed12

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 31, 2018, 03:44:39 pm
  • it is what it is..."Nobody Said It Was Easy"....
« Reply #2094 on: October 05, 2016, 11:52:50 pm »
just a fast question. if I may
u players still down ?
or has boost came back to the game ?

ed
Shipping something from the U.S. to Canada for repair/exchange?  Please use USPS to avoid (additional?/excessive?) shipping charges.  PM me if you have any questions.

bratwurst

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 03, 2021, 10:51:34 am
« Reply #2095 on: October 06, 2016, 12:14:05 am »
Why the troll post?

ed12

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2096 on: October 06, 2016, 12:18:06 am »
as I DO NOT FACEBOOK
I find your statement rather ....WHAT THE ---fudgesicle---....  ARE  U SURE U ARE NOT A TROLL???...

>
Posted by: bratwurst
« on: Today at 12:14:05 am »

Insert QuoteInsert Quote

Why the troll post?<

again wtf..

ed
Shipping something from the U.S. to Canada for repair/exchange?  Please use USPS to avoid (additional?/excessive?) shipping charges.  PM me if you have any questions.

bratwurst

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2097 on: October 06, 2016, 12:42:48 am »
Because I know the history in this thread and the interactions between you and boost.

So your post sounded a bit like "so sad he's still gone"

ed12

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2098 on: October 06, 2016, 01:15:36 am »
my posts to boost me are my business...and not yours.. because u made a few builds
gives u no reason for your input to a honest question...it is a period
ok DISTANCE given u found this thread congrads..now look up the ORIGNIAL THREAD FROM ME
yes ME..
and come back with a better answer...
To u give u a shot at the title (of whom hacked out ) this golf game and ( whom did not)

MY QUESTION TO YOU
ANSWER AT WILL
CAN U DO IT ??
IF NOT PLEASE SIT DOWN IN THE POPCORN ROW

ed

bratwurst

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2099 on: October 06, 2016, 08:13:47 am »
 ::)

lilshawn

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2100 on: October 06, 2016, 04:23:52 pm »

not helping... and still didn't answer the question.

The question was (more or less):

Is the server that boost set up still down? has boost come back at all or is he sill MIA?

to add to this original question I would like to know...

Was boost planning on coming back here or has he vanished? (i thought maybe he signed up under a different name for a bit)
Did he move or open up that facebook group or whatever?
Has anybody talked with boost via e-mail or facebook since he disappeared from here?
Does someone plan to rehost the server if the original server is not coming back?
Shall we lock this thread and archive it?

bratwurst

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2101 on: October 06, 2016, 04:49:52 pm »

not helping... and still didn't answer the question.

I think you missed the back and forth between Ed and Boost, and Ed and a few others earlier in this thread.  That's why I had the reaction I had.

The question was (more or less):

Is the server that boost set up still down? has boost come back at all or is he sill MIA?

Server is still down, and he's MIA.  I would not expect him to come back.

to add to this original question I would like to know...

Was boost planning on coming back here or has he vanished? (i thought maybe he signed up under a different name for a bit)
Did he move or open up that facebook group or whatever?
Has anybody talked with boost via e-mail or facebook since he disappeared from here?
Does someone plan to rehost the server if the original server is not coming back?
Shall we lock this thread and archive it?

No one has spoken with him.  He is not on Facebook and he deleted his account there, which was undoubtedly an alias and not his real name.  The email address he was available at now bounces as undeliverable.

Any plans to redo the server requires completely re-engineering the solution.  Some people are working on that, but at what stage the progress is I cannot say.

ed12

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2102 on: October 06, 2016, 04:54:30 pm »
my question was in honest and ernest
as I run a few servers for things  (gtcomplete-personal juke-box-pga) and I opened the band with..
I thought wtf ask
instead I get called a tool
my reply is gfy

close lock it trash it

ed

bratwurst

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2103 on: October 06, 2016, 05:00:18 pm »
 :blah:

You can curse at me all you want.  You can tell me to GFY all you want. What are you, 12? 

You have said before you run a PGA server in this thread.  Yet no one here to my knowledge has ever connected to it.  There's nothing to show for it.

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2104 on: October 07, 2016, 06:45:55 am »
Yes I can confirm no contact with boost for awhile and he has done another of his now infamous disappearing acts I'm sure he is a magician in real life ha ha

I have an email address which doesn't bounce back but no reply to many emails sent now for a couple of months even though haven't sent one for more than a month now.

Ed I would have to side with Bratwurst here as I have followed you from day one and worked with you also but we are yet to see Nything but crypted talk delivered from you mate over many years!!!!  Boost has been the only one to open this great game up for the greater community and while it lasted was great to play such a great game online with many great people. That has been taken away from us all again and it's very hard to take.

So ed if you do have a server running please let all of us know once and for all how we can be a part of it so we can once again enjoy such a great game online playing tournaments against each other and unlocking items on world tour part of the game once again.

Bev

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2105 on: October 08, 2016, 12:47:10 pm »
Ya, really miss online tourney's can you get us back? :)

TimBoch

• Offline Offline
  • Be the Ball.
« Reply #2106 on: October 11, 2016, 05:26:03 pm »
Here is a link to a post I made on the Facebook page.  https://www.facebook.com/groups/444981388985690/

Here is an Excel file I have been working on to run an "offline" tour. To begin, I would propose that a tournament runs for 2 weeks to allow players time to submit scores. Each player can submit up to 4 rounds per tournament. The scores would be submitted through the Facebook messenger by taking pictures of the scorecard at the end of the round. I will then enter the scores into the scorecard which will calculate a handicap, and apply to the gross score to attain a net score. Each tournaments winner will be based on their Net Average Score. The handicaps can be tracked and averaged and then input week to week as they change if desired. That would hopefully keep the players as equal as possible. I would propose that we have a test run over the next 2 weeks with the first event being the Shriner's Open (what can I say, I am a Shriner) from October 31st through November 13th.

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2107 on: October 12, 2016, 06:17:24 am »
Thanks mate for all your efforts I hope that players will get on board and start playing golf again as we had such a great group playing online and it would be a shame to not continue the competition even though we are offline for now??

abreakey

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 17, 2020, 10:42:01 am
« Reply #2108 on: October 13, 2016, 08:37:58 pm »
Hi guys -- Just stopping by to introduce myself.  I just picked up a PGA Challenge cab.  The cabinet is in mint condition.  Inside everything is there except for the computer, disks and dongle (ugh).  ---  all of the wiring is there, the sound board is there, the monitor is there, the trackball, is there... I am just missing the game.  :-)

So - I am now on the quest to replace the computer and the software as soon as possible.  Any advice?  --  There is a current ebay listing that says: PGA WORLD TOUR TEAM CHALLENGE Arcade PCB Computer and Jamma Harness Works 100%"  ---  The pic shows the dongle, wiring harness, sound card - and even a card reader (I already have that as well).  ---  Should I go for that, or should I look to build up a new computer and chase down the software/dongle on my own?  ---  Thoughts? 

Thanks -- This thread and forum are a wealth of information. 

- Adam

lilshawn

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2109 on: October 14, 2016, 12:05:42 pm »
if you want a turn key operation seriously ASAP, buy the listing. (assuming it has the computer and dongle)

If you don't mind waiting and if you don't mind putting some work in, check out earlier in this thread (also search for another thread regarding this here too) about loading up the software on another different, more reliable computer.

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2110 on: October 14, 2016, 10:26:21 pm »
Hi Adam welcome mate. As explained over on the Facebook page the big sticking point is the I/O controller board. If you don't have this there is now use to explain how to use different pc, dongle emulator and provide you with software as you can't play or control the game.  So make sure anything you buy off Ebay has this included? It's normally part of the game pc bought

ed12

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2111 on: October 14, 2016, 10:48:03 pm »
as a rule
it will look like this
and is internal to the computer

ed

abreakey

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 17, 2020, 10:42:01 am
« Reply #2112 on: October 15, 2016, 08:20:45 pm »
Awesome -- Thanks everyone.  I think I have found a dead PGA Team Challenge computer that was pulled out of a machine recently.  It appears to have the I/O board, Hard Drive and Dongle all still with it.  The price is cheap enough for me to take a risk I think.  Who knows, perhaps I can even get that 'dead' computer working again.  Either way, it looks like I will get all the parts I need should I have to move it all to a new computer. 

Thanks again - Adam

TimBoch

• Offline Offline
  • Be the Ball.
« Reply #2113 on: October 19, 2016, 11:18:40 am »
I have created an "Offline" Tour Facebook page to hopefully allow some game play within the community.  I didn't want to clutter up the original Facebook page with the tournament updates.  Here is the page and information.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1130912480330506/

Offline Tour for Global VR PGA Tour.

This "offline" tour is set up to follow the PGA Tour as much as possible, playing the actual or representative courses for each scheduled event, (This could also support PGA Championship 1, 2, 3 and PGA Challenge courses) in addition to those in PGA Team Challenge All Access Pass.

Each event will run for 2 weeks (unless more are wanted). Up to 4 rounds can be submitted.

Each round will be played at the "Hard" level. This can be done by pressing the "shot type" button when the course is highlighted and then press start to begin play.

Scores will be submitted by taking a picture and sending me a Facebook Message. I will then update the score sheet and your scores and handicap will be calculated. This will be updated for each event to try and keep it fair to all levels of players.

Each tournament will be posted as a separate event to allow for discussion.

I hope many of the Global VR community will have fun playing "offline" until we can once again return to playing "online."

mike11

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 20, 2016, 07:51:32 am
« Reply #2114 on: October 20, 2016, 07:51:32 am »
Here's the prob I'm having I'm working on a VR global Pga tour arcade........ Machine originally had a PS35BL mobo which failed .... The restore disks I have are for that mobo hardware and chipset....... I replaced it with an FIC P4M 865G MAX..... Which is basically identical as far as I can see...... When loading the recovery disk it takes the xp embedded os fine but upon reboot 3 things won't activate in the device manager 1 vga adapter, 2 sound , 3 bus controller...... I downloaded the drivers for these 3 devices from both FIC and Intel, neither of them with if they install they say device can not start or they're asking for files that are missing from the xpsp1 disk which I don't have and can't get ...... What am I missing here this should work fine
Thx

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2115 on: October 22, 2016, 10:51:15 pm »
Sometimes you dont need all the things runningnin the device manager to run and play the game. Have you installed the game disks and if so is the game running properly?  Also if tou have and old win xp pc running somewhere copy the system 32 fder to a usb stick and this will have all the files needed when trying to install the drivers

ed12

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2116 on: October 22, 2016, 11:11:30 pm »
u can download driver files all day long.
where u have your problem is in the fact you are running xp(e)
e=embedded
once u see the Hercules patch agent load
it will not load your drivers. what u need to do is edit the patch file to include them
and it should act just fine. but as spitfire says there just not required really
unless u changed the video card ?
or added a lan board ?
or ?
then u need to refer back the my original thread on these critters
there it will explain to u how to edit in

ed

ed12

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2117 on: November 06, 2016, 12:37:25 am »
ok i held back this info long enough
so here is where i am at to get you ppl back to server style
i have loaded the pga into my server (yours differs from mine)
so i had to merg them..i did get stuck with a lic. problem when i updated to net frame work 4.5 (my servers run on it)
and will kick out any thing below. now i know there is alot of ways around this , but the problem i have is it is sharing with my personal juke box services (thats $$$ to me) so i need to finish that up and we should be good for a go.
now i did not get leader board stuff. ? i will add it as i go
please do not push .i am working on it
thk-u mods for the files i requested
but boots stuff is just no good to me

i will up date u ppl soon enough

ed

brad808

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 22, 2023, 08:18:15 pm
« Reply #2118 on: November 06, 2016, 09:27:32 am »
Hey guys, just picked up a championship edition 3 game. I doubt the computer is original in it but right now it isn't working. Seems to be an issue with the HD. Computer can't recognize boot media. The recovery disk it came with has a big scratch in it and fails about half way through. Are there isos available of the disks? I seem to have all the required donlge, i/o, etc. I'm assuming I can't just swap in a newer pc and load up the software on that with the dongle and I/O board? I'm doing a bunch of reading and seeing all kinds of dongle emulator stuff but I'm a bit lost right now. If someone could give me the coles notes version of what is the deal with some of the development for these that would be great. I'd be happy just getting it to a playable state.

Thanks

ed12

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2119 on: November 06, 2016, 02:02:09 pm »
i would as a rule
check the bios
to make sure hd is the first boot device
if not then reset it and see
second if it is not first boot device then make sure your bios time is right
if it wrong replace battery reset and make sure hard drive is first boot device
if yes then on the dongle is a # and country code u want that so we can match the dongle s/w

ed