Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Poll

What version of PGA do you currently own?

PGA GOLF
6 (3.7%)
CHAMPIONSHIP I
6 (3.7%)
CHAMPIONSHIP II
3 (1.8%)
CHAMPIONSHIP III
20 (12.3%)
CHALLENGE
31 (19%)
TEAM CHALLENGE
54 (33.1%)
TEAM CHALLENGE w/ ALL ACCESS
28 (17.2%)
I DON'T OWN A VERSION BUT WOULD LIKE TO!
15 (9.2%)

Total Members Voted: 163

Author Topic: PGA Tour Golf by Global VR & EA Sports Owners Thread  (Read 537056 times)

boostinallovryou

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: PGA Tour Golf by Global VR & EA Sports Owners Thread
« Reply #1320 on: October 29, 2015, 01:18:25 pm »
Thanks everyone for your patience and helping out by calling in and reporting what you see.  So the next step.......I need to update my challenge game to team challenge so I can play against you guys :-)    I devoted my team challenge PC to being the dev machine.  So after getting a machine going to play against you guys with.....oh wait....I mean "TEST" with hahahahah it will be time to start on tournaments.

I forgot to reply to yukon's question about adding courses.  I haven't dove into that yet so I don't know everything that will be needed.  I didn't know there was a tiger woods course editor.  I'll google around on that.  When I briefly looked before I recognized the extensions and found the software used to generate the courses was still being sold.  SUPER expensive, but still available.  Demo version would be cool.  Anyways outside of the course itself there are a ton of files used for things like defining pin placement, terrain, etc.  All of these things exist as you can play the same hole with different configurations.  Then to add to it you can play in different weather conditions.  All of this has to be fed into the course.  I am going to have to deal with that when it comes to tournaments too.  I have to define every nuance just right or else I find I can't advance past hole #1.  It loops forever like groundhog day.

Anyways, time to enjoy some leaderboards.  Let me know if you experience or see any bugs.  As you guys play more, call in, and boards change there could be little bugs we don't know about.  The fun part is finding out by playing HAHA. 

Torin

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 19, 2021, 11:57:56 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #1321 on: October 29, 2015, 01:30:03 pm »
Sounds Good.  Question for you.  Do you set the difficulty or do we set it in our configuration?  It would be nice to have a level playing field. 

My initials are TOR and you'll see me at the top of the leader board.  :)  Well, maybe.  I'm playing with my control panel on the floor because my cabinet is disassembled for the moment which makes it difficult to shoot straight shots. 

edowen55

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 02, 2016, 09:38:54 pm
« Reply #1322 on: October 29, 2015, 01:32:22 pm »

My initials are TOR and you'll see me at the top of the leader board.  :)  Well, maybe.  I'm playing with my control panel on the floor because my cabinet is disassembled for the moment which makes it difficult to shoot straight shots.

Sounds like you're making excuses already  :P

boostinallovryou

« Reply #1323 on: October 29, 2015, 01:43:52 pm »

I know right, it kind of makes me think of the scene in happy gilmour when the caddy says the green is sloped to the left, but pan down and it's because he only has one shoe.
Torin, you don't have to use your initials.  When you register your players card the game will ask you for your First, Last, and Nick (Short) name.  That short name is what I put in the board.  It can be a maximum of 10 characters per the game.  If you decide not to fill in the short name field while registering that is ok.  I take the first and last name, concatenate them together, and truncate it to 10 characters.  So we will see you at the top of the board and know who you are :-)

edowen55

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1324 on: October 29, 2015, 01:50:46 pm »
Are the leaderboards updated each time with our scores when our cabinets call in to the server? 

Torin

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1325 on: October 29, 2015, 01:54:59 pm »

I know right, it kind of makes me think of the scene in happy gilmour when the caddy says the green is sloped to the left, but pan down and it's because he only has one shoe.
Torin, you don't have to use your initials.  When you register your players card the game will ask you for your First, Last, and Nick (Short) name.  That short name is what I put in the board.  It can be a maximum of 10 characters per the game.  If you decide not to fill in the short name field while registering that is ok.  I take the first and last name, concatenate them together, and truncate it to 10 characters.  So we will see you at the top of the board and know who you are :-)

lol.  Jerks!  :P

Ok, I guess I'll be Torin on the leaderboards then. 

"Just tap it in" 
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 01:59:58 pm by Torin »

boostinallovryou

« Reply #1326 on: October 29, 2015, 01:55:52 pm »
Are the leaderboards updated each time with our scores when our cabinets call in to the server?

Yes, when your machine calls in it pushes your complete play since the last time it connected.  WT, stroke, tournaments, etc.  After the server receives, parses, and stores your play it then regenerates the WT leaderboards.  Later on in the call in process your machine then asks for the changes to the leaderboard since the last time it called in.  You now receive the latest leaderboard info.  The only concern I have is with any temp entries the game might make to the leaderboards from the time you play to the time you call in.  I hope it discards them because if not there will be duplicate entries in the leaderboard.  One from when the game added an entry so it is locally up to date, and then the entry the server makes based on the game play you pushed.  On the server there will never be a duplicate, it would only be on the local machine.  That is why I mentioned playing and keeping an eye on the boards for anything weird like that.

edowen55

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1327 on: October 29, 2015, 02:26:57 pm »
My machine called in to the server.  Looks like it updated everything as expected.

boostinallovryou

« Reply #1328 on: October 29, 2015, 03:29:00 pm »
My machine called in to the server.  Looks like it updated everything as expected.
Thanks edowen, this is actually a big relief for me.  I was concerned about this all the way into work this morning.  Now my brain can relax and enjoy the engineering high I am on from finally delivering leaderboards to you guys.  I'm really excited about this as I feel NOW we are finally connected to each other.  Well....that means I better start a daily backup of the server in case something happens.  Can't lose these precious scores hahahaha.

yukonblaze

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 16, 2023, 11:32:48 am
« Reply #1329 on: October 29, 2015, 04:55:44 pm »
Boost

Awesome job my man!!!!  :applaud: You should be very proud of the job you have done for this community.  Hopefully when the tournaments start you will at least have that at the bottom of the leaderboard to show off! J/K
The tiger woods course stuff I was talking about is below:
http://www.coursedownloads.com/index.asp
Take a look around as it is broken down by years, as each release of the cab (other than all access) was a different year.  Able to get WT to play so was a great day.

Jason

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 05, 2023, 07:55:31 am
« Reply #1330 on: October 29, 2015, 04:58:22 pm »
Have awoken here in oz to great news it seems time to boot up my machine and see my name at the top of the leaderboards. This is gonna be nice!!!!!!  :lol

Torin

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1331 on: October 29, 2015, 07:23:59 pm »
Successfully called in and updated leaderboard.  Thanks for the hard work!  I played on Cog Hill and am low, as in crappy, on the leaderboard as Tbone. 

I guess Tbone it is.  lol.  I don't remember setting that up on my Players card but its been a while.  Anyway to change your player card information?  Like nickname etc...

I looked but can't remember where.  I went into game face but didn't get very far.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 07:31:33 pm by Torin »

boostinallovryou

« Reply #1332 on: October 29, 2015, 07:38:35 pm »
Successfully called in and updated leaderboard.  I played on Cog Hill and am low on the leaderboard as Tbone. 

I guess Tbone it is.  lol.  I don't remember setting that up on my Players card but its been a while.  Anyway to change your player card information?  Like nickname etc...

I looked but can't remember where.  I went into game face but didn't get very far.

OH SPIT.....where you at???  Tbone....I mean Torin, has thrown the challenge out.  Just a reminder to everybody after you play for the day or whatever you need to call in to push your play data to the server so others can get it.  I think you did that right Torin?

As for how to update your card info, i'm not sure how to do it in game.  I'm sure spit or the other vets can tell you how.  I can do it by hand on the server but i'm not sure what will happen when the cabinet receives the new info but the data on the card doesn't match.  That is assuming the short name is written on the card.  If you end up not able to find a solution on the game let me know and i'll modify the db by hand.

Torin

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1333 on: October 29, 2015, 08:44:12 pm »
Successfully called in and updated leaderboard.  I played on Cog Hill and am low on the leaderboard as Tbone. 

OH SPIT.....where you at???  Tbone....I mean Torin, has thrown the challenge out.  Just a reminder to everybody after you play for the day or whatever you need to call in to push your play data to the server so others can get it.  I think you did that right Torin?

As for how to update your card info, i'm not sure how to do it in game.  I'm sure spit or the other vets can tell you how.  I can do it by hand on the server but i'm not sure what will happen when the cabinet receives the new info but the data on the card doesn't match.  That is assuming the short name is written on the card.  If you end up not able to find a solution on the game let me know and i'll modify the db by hand.

Yeah, I did a force call after each of my scores just to make sure they were showing up.

I'll probably just keep Tbone unless its really easy to change.  I have another card I could try to but it has my daughters info from a while ago.  She's 15 and not into playing Golf right now.  :)

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1334 on: October 29, 2015, 10:14:42 pm »
Hey Boost I haven't had a chance as have been playing real golf ha ha ha great Friday here in Melbourne Australia 27 degrees Celsius. Will see where I sit when I get home have to be up there on the list.
Tbone I think you can adjust your registration details in the operators menu but not 100% sure take a look and see how you go.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 12:52:20 am by Spitfire »

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1335 on: October 30, 2015, 05:32:45 am »
So finally got round to calling in Boost and getting some leaderboard action in and am hit with the dreaded error 4001. Is this because you yanks can't handle an Aussie on top of the leaderboard!! Can't believe the dirty tactics are starting already Chuck!! Let me in please!! Ha ha ha ha

boostinallovryou

« Reply #1336 on: October 30, 2015, 09:07:48 am »
Sorry Spit, i was hoping the region thing wouldnt cause issue.  I have special logic to keep everything together as one.  Let me look at the logs and see whats up.

boostinallovryou

« Reply #1337 on: October 30, 2015, 11:34:31 am »
Hey Spit, i just checked the logs and there are no errors on the server side.  Based on your ip address i see you calling in and it appears to run to completion.  The 4001 error normally will show an error on my side.  Did you try to call in multiple times to ensure it wasnt a fluke?  I'm sure you did.  Early in the call in procedure the cabinets pass their event logs to the server.  This will tell me what the machines are unhappy about.  I currently dont save that data.   Guess i better add code to the server to retain this info for situations like this.  I'll start working on it.

Biglou27

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 21, 2024, 07:37:59 pm
« Reply #1338 on: October 30, 2015, 04:17:42 pm »
Hey Boost Lou here, it works fantastic here in NC you are the best!! This is going to be so ooops much fun

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1339 on: October 30, 2015, 05:06:21 pm »
Yep called in multiple times boost and every time ran to 100% and then gave me that error. Enjoy it while you can Lou as I'm sure the Spitfire will be back soon and to the bottom of the leaderboard you shall go!! Ha ha ha. Will try again today.

boostinallovryou

« Reply #1340 on: October 30, 2015, 05:13:21 pm »
Awesome Lou, glad to finally be able to bring this to you and everyone........except Spit :-(    Sorry man, it must be in the region logic.  Maybe I don't have the country code to country number set properly and your machine is upset about that?  The only way for me to know is to get the logs off your machine.  Once I have those I can determine what it is upset about.  I'll be able to get the logs with my next server change.  Sorry again, it's hard to watch everybody eat ice cream and your bowl is empty.  You have my full attention.  I'll get to the bottom of this.  I'll make changes and ask for you to call when I'm ready.

yukonblaze

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1341 on: October 30, 2015, 05:23:18 pm »
Dammit, when did we get ice cream?

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1342 on: October 30, 2015, 05:24:41 pm »
Thx Boost enjoy your ice cream boys don't eat it to fast as u will get a stomach ache!! Ha ha ha  :hissy:

edowen55

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1343 on: October 30, 2015, 06:25:17 pm »
Boost, no hurry on getting Spit up and running.  Based on the current leaderboards, we need a head start. 

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1344 on: October 30, 2015, 09:29:17 pm »
Yes no rush Boost as I have posted some very good scores already.  ;D get lots of practice in boys it takes dedication to be the Best!!  :soapbox:

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1345 on: October 30, 2015, 10:16:51 pm »
Ok Boost just a heads up when I call in does everything right even stalls on 67% for quite a while then progresses through to 100% but gives me the dreaded 4001 error at the end. Connection history also reads partial failure. I'll sit n play world tour in the background until you find a fix which I have no doubt you will. Enjoy your freedom of play boys until I return in glory ha ha ha :burgerking:

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1346 on: October 31, 2015, 03:23:54 am »
Hope you are all enjoying ur leaderboards!! While waiting for for boost to weave his magic was wondering if anyone would like these photos and want to Substitute these players into their selection of players? Also have ACDC thunderstruck running as my menu music. If anyone is interested I will post the instructions here and the jpeg files needed. Their are 4 images for each player.

yukonblaze

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1347 on: October 31, 2015, 07:22:17 am »
Spitfire
 Nice work, looking forward to you write up so i can change mine up.
Jason

edowen55

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1348 on: October 31, 2015, 08:06:58 am »
Spitfire, that'd be great.  I've been meaning to replace some players, just haven't gotten around to pulling my hdd out.  This will motivate me to do so.

yukonblaze

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1349 on: October 31, 2015, 01:12:13 pm »
Boost,
Played again a few times and no name is how i show up. What do in need to do on my end to get my name correct on leaderboards? Pic enclosed is me at 11under on greek.
Thanks
Jason

boostinallovryou

« Reply #1350 on: October 31, 2015, 01:52:54 pm »
Hey Jason,
No_Name means the server either didnt recognize your players card number, or it doesnt have a short, first, or last name.  When you registered your players card did you enter any info in those fields?

yukonblaze

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1351 on: October 31, 2015, 02:10:46 pm »
I believe i did. When i swipe it in game it comes up with my name
Jason Canada

boostinallovryou

« Reply #1352 on: October 31, 2015, 02:37:36 pm »
Perfect, ill use this number and see if the server has an entry for this.  If not ill add it by hand.  Want a short name for displaying on leader boards?  Up to 10 characters.  If not your display name will be Jason Cana

yukonblaze

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1353 on: October 31, 2015, 04:17:29 pm »
If you can put yukonblaze,that would be awesome.
Thanks
Jason

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1354 on: October 31, 2015, 04:52:05 pm »
Hey boost any closer to getting me into the game? Do you need my player number?

boostinallovryou

« Reply #1355 on: October 31, 2015, 04:59:20 pm »
Hey Spit.  To get your machine info off the cab i need to write new server code.  To test it i need the dev machine which is now at work.  So i wont have any new code to upload until monday night.  I audited the db looking for answers but have no clue why its upset.  It must be cause you are AU and everybody else is US.  It's the only thing i can think of.  I could shot gun new code directly to the server but i could end up breaking it for everybody as its not a trivial tweak.  Sorry for delay.

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1356 on: October 31, 2015, 05:09:15 pm »
No prob mate I'm sure you will eventually sort it out so us AU players can enjoy the leaderboards. Has to be that as have checked everything my end and all working as it should and nothing has changed.  It's also still allowing me to play world tour so am still happy until that shuts down. Ha ha. Should I try to change my time zone setting on the machine etc to make server think I'm in the US, to see if that's a quick easy fix?

boostinallovryou

« Reply #1357 on: October 31, 2015, 05:33:49 pm »
The region code is burnt into the dongle.  The only way to make the machine think it's US is to use a us dongle or use emulator.  Tonight i am going to write the code and see about shot gunning it in.  If i bust the server i can always roll back to todays working version.  Ill post when i update the server.

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1358 on: October 31, 2015, 10:29:22 pm »
Hi All I thought it good to post this Instructional on how to connect to the Server.  I tried to message STP to put on First post and said he would but its been sometime and not done yet.  I will try again now.  Please read below to join in the fun.  Also let me know if I have missed anything? Thx Joe

To join in online you need the latest patcher_04 linked below and a regular team challenge machine. No other machines will work. On the attract screen run the patcher in your cd rom drive. Once it says press any key to continue turn off and power up your machine again. Once back in attract mode go to the operators menu by pressing the red operators button inside ur cabinet. Be sure to have your machine connected to the Internet by plugging in an Ethernet cable directly to your cabinet Pc ethernet port. If you are using wireless be sure to configure your wireless connection as per the instructions before trying to register. Choose register/connect option, register cabinet and register your machine using the 4 digit code option using any four digits as it doesn't matter. Make sure you change from Dial up to cable adsl option and follow on screen instructions and allow the machine to call server.  This may take a while first time to get to 100% complete.  Once registered choose the force a call to the server and exit to game option and that's it. You should now be tournament enabled and online. To play online in a Tournament or the World tour option on your cabinet You will need a players card and reader. You will also need to turn your machine off free play otherwise you won't be able to select World Tour and Tournament on the start screen. This has to be done in the operators menu by choosing machine and settings option and disabling free play.
Once you select World Tour it will ask you to insert your players card. It will say that the card is not tournament enabled and will run you through a number of steps to make it so follow instructions and your card will be made tournament ready and you will be given a player number. Now you can use your card or number on any machine linked to Boosts Server and your home made player can be used to play every course on the game without having an all access pass. You will be able to unlock hidden skill shots on every course to unlock special player customising items and equipment. Once all courses available on World Tour are played you will be given a player ranking and it will also unlock heaps of customisable clothing and equipment to use on your player in the Game face option of the game. You can also keep track of how many skill shots you have found and your ranking by inserting your players card into your card reader on the attract screen of the game. There are now also leaderboards available so you can show the world you are the best player out there.  All this is thanks to are Legend known us boostinallovryou!!! without him none of this would be possible!

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1359 on: November 01, 2015, 03:51:53 am »
Hi All attached below also are the instructions to substitute new players into your game and the images of the players I have running on my game.  These instructions are thanks to STP back in this forum.  If you have any problems following them just pm and Ill help you through it.  edowen55 no need to pull hard drive out mate.