Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Poll

What version of PGA do you currently own?

PGA GOLF
6 (3.7%)
CHAMPIONSHIP I
6 (3.7%)
CHAMPIONSHIP II
3 (1.8%)
CHAMPIONSHIP III
20 (12.3%)
CHALLENGE
31 (19%)
TEAM CHALLENGE
54 (33.1%)
TEAM CHALLENGE w/ ALL ACCESS
28 (17.2%)
I DON'T OWN A VERSION BUT WOULD LIKE TO!
15 (9.2%)

Total Members Voted: 163

Author Topic: PGA Tour Golf by Global VR & EA Sports Owners Thread  (Read 534812 times)

elle_effMR14

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 18, 2015, 11:32:52 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: PGA Tour Golf by Global VR & EA Sports Owners Thread
« Reply #1160 on: July 14, 2015, 12:24:05 am »
Thank you Gurt and Spitfire,

I tried new paste on both the CPU and GPU. Didn't seem to do the trick. Tried swapping RAM slots and that didn't do it either. Just waiting on another GPU to show up as well as different RAM. Hopefully one of those things fixes it!

Cheers fellas.

alman

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 18, 2015, 11:56:08 am
« Reply #1161 on: July 18, 2015, 11:51:29 am »
Hey Spitfire,   send me yur email addy, will send the files to you. If you look at the pics, the error is I cannot 'see' the key to GENERATE DNG code, , , issue with scree resolution

Hey alman whompmaster just recent got his machine working with a dongle emulator so he would be the best person to pm. He sent me a walkthru which I will send to you if that helps. Don't know if works as I have never had to use a dongle emulator as always had the dongles.

Warren I'll send you a pic of what I have soon mate.

WHOMPMASTER
can you help me out with dongle emulator ?  issue I have is screen resolution will not allow full image to be displayed, so unable to click on the 'generate' button to apply crack  crosby_a@hotmail.com

bratwurst

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 03, 2021, 10:51:34 am
« Reply #1162 on: July 24, 2015, 10:14:58 pm »
I've got a challenge machine I've recently purchased and brought back from the dead.  Monitor was not turning on, trackball was full of gunk and not moving, etc.

It's up and running now on Challenge, with a challenge dongle.

I'm going to try the Boost patch and connect route.  Is it only working with Team challenge at this point?

Anyone have a Team Challenge dongle I can purchase so I can upgrade?  also, any line on the ISOs for the install disks?

I'm thinking of loading team challenge on a different machine.  The one I have in there now the fan noise is insane. 

bratwurst

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1163 on: July 25, 2015, 11:34:42 am »
I'm trying to follow the instructions to run the ver4 patch, burned iso to disk but when I put it in the machine during attract mode nothing happens.  The CD drive blinks like it is reading the disk but nothing runs.  I rebooted machine with disk in and nothing happened either.  Bad drive?

EDIT POST:

I found a PS2 keyboard (OMG good thing I still have one of these) and went into bios, checked status of CD drive, it saw it.

I booted the machine to windows and used the keyboard to browse the CD.  it was there, but autorun was doing nothing.  So in game I started task manager and started a new process to run the bat file on the disk.  Success!

Made a connection! success!  My cabinet is in my garage, so to make a connection I bridged my wireless on laptop.  I plugged an ethernet cable in laptop to the cabinet computer, bridged wireless and LAN - worked!
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 11:53:31 am by bratwurst »

bratwurst

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1164 on: July 25, 2015, 12:12:43 pm »
Ok at this point I am connecting successfully but I cannot register my cabinet.  I get a 4001 error every time I attempt registration.  The regular force a call works fine.  Any help?

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 05, 2023, 07:55:31 am
« Reply #1165 on: July 26, 2015, 01:27:32 am »
Hey mate are running this on your challenge machine or did you find and install the Team Challenge version. As Boost's patch will only work with Team Challenge?

bratwurst

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1166 on: July 27, 2015, 02:10:04 pm »
Just a challenge machine.  I'd attempt to upgrade to Team Challenge if I can get the ISOs and a dongle.  I don't have the dongle for team challenge.

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1167 on: July 27, 2015, 06:25:53 pm »
Unfortunately will not run on a challenge machine only team challenge. STP has team challenge disk in his drop box and people are emulating the dongles now on this forum.

retrogamez

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 04, 2015, 10:27:55 pm
« Reply #1168 on: July 28, 2015, 01:31:45 am »
Wow this is great to see that we will soon have a private leaderboard.  Thanks Boost for all your hard work.  I went ahead and upgraded my pc to an OptiPlex 745 dual core 3ghz p4, a patriot 64gb ssd drive  with 4gb of DDR2 ram and an ati HD 3400 video card.  Works like a champ now.  The videos play so smooth.  I also went ahead and installed two partitions with team challenge on one and All access pass on the other so I can dual boot between the two.  Until online is restored to AAP.  If anyone had the championship 3 disk and emulator please pm me.  I'd like to add that one to the boot up as well for Pebble beach. Is there any other version out there that has something that the team challenges don't?  Just waiting for a new updated card reader and cards to come in and I'll be set.  Man I'm excited.

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1169 on: July 28, 2015, 07:03:58 am »
Hi Retro firstly welcome mate. Yes I'm excited also and can't wait for our magician Boost to weave his magic. Did you have any problems with getting the game to run on your newer PC if so can you outline how you over came them so others can benefit. I like the idea about the dual boot as I have to systems running challenge and the other running Team challenge lined to boosts server. Challenge to play the skins style game and team challenge playing the world tour online option which runs all the ALL ACCESS PASS courses and much much more that's why I sold my AAP machine. But I do have the championship 3 disk drive for that very reason to play peable beach course.

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1170 on: July 28, 2015, 08:24:42 am »
Hi all I know people are emulating these Pga dongles but for those who don't like the hassle here are some being sold on ebay In your part of town USA.
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=321816526070&globalID=EBAY-AU
this seller is selling a few different dongles and a PGA golf
PC. Thought someone might be interested.

retrogamez

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1171 on: July 28, 2015, 09:59:45 am »
Hi Retro firstly welcome mate. Yes I'm excited also and can't wait for our magician Boost to weave his magic. Did you have any problems with getting the game to run on your newer PC if so can you outline how you over came them so others can benefit. I like the idea about the dual boot as I have to systems running challenge and the other running Team challenge lined to boosts server. Challenge to play the skins style game and team challenge playing the world tour online option which runs all the ALL ACCESS PASS courses and much much more that's why I sold my AAP machine. But I do have the championship 3 disk drive for that very reason to play peable beach course.

Yeah getting it on newer hardware is kind of cumbersome.  I started with a full install of xp embedded,  updated to SP2 and then I copied all the game disk info from all three disk to the root of a thumb drive and ran the install from there.  That way I didn't have to waste any cds or do any swapping.  Here is a pretty good tut on xp embedded http://blog.augustoalvarez.com.ar/2009/01/07/preparing-and-installing-windows-xp-embedded-images-part-i-setting-up-the-environment/  Probably more advanced to do for a regular pc user but any techy person can probably do it.  So you should be able to run it on any hardware that you can run on xp sp2.  Which leaves out all of the latest hardware.  I might be able to build some more if any non techy people want to buy one they can just plug their I/o card and dongle into and play.  I also was playing with my test rig and don't have a spare trackball/harness  So while looking at the c:\pga_tour_golf_2005\shell\config if you edit the GvrIO.xml and change the Controller type from "Trackball" to "Mouse" you can then use your mouse as the trackball in the gvr menus.(not the game though)  Of course you need to change it back to use it on your machine.  But its helpful for testing.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 10:13:26 am by retrogamez »

wazsxr

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 24, 2017, 02:09:38 am
« Reply #1172 on: July 28, 2015, 08:57:34 pm »
Hi Retro, how did you upgrade the  WinXPe that came with the rescue disk to SP2? I've tried a few things and it seems everything calls for SP1 to be in place first and I can't find a way to upgrade. Not having at least SP1 in place seems to be a roadblock to getting any newer hardware on that uses audio better than AC97. Any pointers would be great, thanks.

-Warren

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

retrogamez

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1173 on: July 28, 2015, 09:46:20 pm »
Hi Retro, how did you upgrade the  WinXPe that came with the rescue disk to SP2? I've tried a few things and it seems everything calls for SP1 to be in place first and I can't find a way to upgrade. Not having at least SP1 in place seems to be a roadblock to getting any newer hardware on that uses audio better than AC97. Any pointers would be great, thanks.

-Warren

Hey Warren,
Hopefully I can help.  Mine already had sp1 because I used a embedded xp builder using the modified files from an original drive.  But I should still be able to help you.  SP2 has sp1 included into it already.  That is why you can't find sp1 for download anywhere.  Even if you did you still would not be able to upgrade it.  I ran into this issue upgrading a beachhead game before about 2 years ago.  Hopefully I'm remembering this correctly off the top of my head it not don't hold it against me as its been a while since I've messed with it.  Global vr modifies the boot screen you seen during boot up.  Pre sp2 they were able to do this using a boot options in the boot.ini file that pointed to the logo.  Windows xp boots using ntoskrnl.exe in orginal xp and uses ntoskrnlsp1.exe if it has service pack one installed.  So what you need to do is Boot to a rescue disk or put the hard drive into another computer.  Change the boot.ini file from read only so you can modify it.  Then edit it with notepad.  Either remove the custom reference that's pointing to the modified ntoskrnl.exe or point it to the real version which should be at c:\windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe  Save it and then boot back up.  You should be able to run the sp2 update now.  So basically sp2 reads the boot.ini to find the location of the xp kernel file and when it verifies to see whether it is orig or sp1.  It fails both checks and throws up the generic error.   At least that is how I remember it.  Try it out and if that doesn't fix your issue let me know and I'll see if I can find my notes.  I'm pretty sure it will resolve your issue though.  Good luck and happy gaming.

retrogamez

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1174 on: July 28, 2015, 09:50:04 pm »
I forgot to mention you will loose your Global vr logo during boot up after upgrading to sp2 and it will be back to the normal windows boot screen.  If you are unhappy with that you can google modify windows xp sp2 or sp3 boot loader screen and there are plenty of tools online you can use to replace the windows boot screen with the global vr one again if you desire.  Me personally I really don't care so I just leave it at the windows screen. 

wazsxr

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1175 on: July 29, 2015, 02:32:13 am »
Thanks for the tips, all sounds pretty straight forward so I'll give it a bash.  Can I simply use the XP (full) SP2 upgrade or is there an XPe specific upgrade for SP2?

retrogamez

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1176 on: July 29, 2015, 09:37:14 am »
There is a XPe Sp2 specific update but I have had no issues using the regular sp2 update.

wazsxr

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1177 on: July 29, 2015, 06:17:46 pm »
I had a look last night at the boot.ini and there was no reference to any ntoskrnl.exe or the custom background.  The only lines in the boot.ini were the pointing to the partition you want to boot from, simular to this (but not exact as I've lifted it from an sample file):

[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP" /fastdetect

Any other ideas on where Windows might point to the modified ntoskrnl.exe?  Thanks again for the help on this.

retrogamez

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1178 on: July 30, 2015, 03:47:34 pm »
Ok so they most likely modified the original ntoskrnl.exe  I would find a google copy of ntoskrnl before sp1.  Rename the current modified one to ntoskrnl.exe.bak and copy the known unmodified version over to the default location.   If you can't find an original let me know I probably have an original xp disk somewhere.   

wazsxr

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1179 on: July 30, 2015, 10:39:37 pm »
Thanks for the offer Retro, I might take you up on that. The only XP files I can find are SP3, I can't seem to find any old copies of XP with no SP anywhere.  Cheers

retrogamez

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1180 on: July 31, 2015, 12:43:06 am »
pm sent

wazsxr

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1181 on: July 31, 2015, 06:20:39 am »
No love, got a BSOD when I replaced the .exe file so I tried running the upgrade anyway to sp2 but it looks like it's looking for a database? (See attachment)

retrogamez

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1182 on: July 31, 2015, 04:32:54 pm »
Maybe your machine already has sp1 installed.  I'll get you the kernel for it tonight. 

wazsxr

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1183 on: July 31, 2015, 05:58:10 pm »
Thanks for that. I don't think it does as every driver I've found for my Realtek HD tells me the min spec for the OS is xp sp1 but happy to try anything, I've got a test machine I'm doing all of this to so not too worried what happens to it. Thanks again

retrogamez

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1184 on: August 01, 2015, 12:56:28 am »
Maybe it would be easier if you'd let me know which restore disk your using.  I can see if I have it and start our fresh on one of my extra pc's.  It would be easier for me to trouble shoot that way.

wazsxr

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1185 on: August 01, 2015, 01:11:47 am »
PM sent

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1186 on: August 03, 2015, 07:30:01 am »
Spitfire I'm really sorry to hear your girl is in the hospital.  I hope everything will be ok.

I setup my new work area and have a dedicated development area now.  Will make everything so much more enjoyable.  Which means more coding hours :-)    So just to give a heads up according to the database 16 machines and 21 players have registered their cards.  Looks like we have some lurkers here hahahahah.  So yea, development has begun.  Leaderboards first, then tournaments.  I'm excited to see the new people jumping on here and communicating.  Exciting times.

Hi boostinallovryou just wondering how things are progressing your end mate? Hope to hear an update from you soon.

edowen55

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 02, 2016, 09:38:54 pm
« Reply #1187 on: August 05, 2015, 07:18:12 pm »
Hello all!

Some great info in this thread so far.  I'm still going through it all though. :)

Does anyone happen to have the ISOs or dongle dump for Championship 3?

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1188 on: August 12, 2015, 09:34:13 am »
Welcome edowen55 great to see new faces round here. It seems everyone is overly busy this time of year. In regards to your question I think STP would have the ISO for challenge 3 in his drop box. So post a few times and send him a pm. Not sure about the dongle dump. I will look also to see if I have the game disks as I think I do. I also have the dongle and looking to do a Dongle dump for another member so when I get round to it I'll let you know.

edowen55

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1189 on: August 12, 2015, 10:00:18 am »
Thanks for the welcome Spitfire!

I actually grabbed a Championship III dongle off of ebay the other day, but am still in need of the ISOs.  I'm also planning on trying to do the dongle dump when it arrives.  I also have the Team Challenge dongle that I'll be trying to dump as well.  We'll see how that goes. :)

I sent STP a PM over on KLOV, but he hasn't logged on for a while.  Like you said, I think everyone is busy this time of year.

My goal is to load up Champ. III, Team Challenge and All Access onto my hdd and have it dual boot so I can select the game.  Still waiting for a few parts to arrive so that I can start piecing everything together.

I did drag my cabinet into my basement though, cleaned it up, replaced the trackball with a nice, new, blue illuminated one.  Also picked up a 29" Vizio to toss in as the CRT was dead.

I am excited to get everything put together and playing some games.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 10:10:20 am by edowen55 »

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1190 on: August 13, 2015, 01:35:25 am »
That's great to hear mate. It seems you might have bought that championship 3 dongle out of the hands of gvdvyver ha ha he's been in need of one for a while our South African friend. Maybe you can help him out with the dongle dump.  You also need to get your team challenge on Boosts server no need for AAP as it allows you to play all course with added extras not found on AAP machines. I sold my AAP machine as online world tour play much better.

edowen55

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1191 on: August 13, 2015, 06:57:35 am »
Pm'd gvdvyver, I'll definitely help him out with the Champ III file.

I'll probably throw AAP on my harddrive just in case I ever have issues with the server.  Plus, I already have everything I need for it.

Only things I need right now are the Champ III ISOs and the Challenge dongle file.

danny_galaga

• Grand high prophet of the holy noodle.
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 06:37:29 am
  • because the mail never stops
    • dans cocktail lounge
« Reply #1192 on: August 14, 2015, 03:13:56 am »
Could I get an idea on prices for PGA Tour Golf cabs? A friend is interested in a golf cab. we were focused on Golden Tee, but 1) Apparently PGA is better and 2) No one seems very interested to even talk about Golden Tee! I figure if a cab has a 30 page thread dedicated to it it must be popular :duckhunt
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 03:25:01 am by danny_galaga »

ROUGHING UP THE SUSPECT SINCE 1981

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1193 on: August 14, 2015, 10:23:31 am »
Well in Australia a fully working Team Challenge Cab would go for around $800 but in USA I would imagine they would go for much less and yes this is a much better game and now that boost has the online server running with team challenge it has made it a whole lot better!!

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1194 on: August 21, 2015, 07:16:59 am »
Finally played all the courses again to get my ranking after mistakenly re registering my machine and having to start from scratch. Superstar sounds right in my book. Gonna be a very hard ask to become a legend. After all courses are played every customisable item is unlocked except for the rewarded items given when you find the hidden skill shots on every course. So many great items for your player to wear just adds another dimension to this great game.  Has anyone found any other hidden skill Shots not listed in the photo below?

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1195 on: August 22, 2015, 08:32:27 am »
Found this on Great white north course. Holed out for double eagle!! Which I call an Albatross. Ummm

edowen55

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1196 on: August 27, 2015, 02:25:10 pm »
Having some issues with my initial set-up, could use some help.

Game will boot-up fine, lets me add credits, and the start button will even work once.  However, trackball won't work at all and aside from that initial time when I can "start" a game, it won't do anything else.  Seems to time out and cycle back to the attract screen.

Any ideas?

edowen55

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1197 on: August 27, 2015, 07:31:13 pm »
Well, I reloaded the game, added a couple drivers from an old thread I found and now it plays.  Noticed I need to reflow the solder on my sound board, otherwise it's working great.

Now to work on getting several games on one hard drive and connecting to the server...

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1198 on: August 28, 2015, 10:17:32 am »
Glad to see you sorted it out mate. Now if Boost would return from exile we can all live happily ever after ha ha :laugh2:

edowen55

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1199 on: September 06, 2015, 07:28:05 am »
Does anyone have the All Access .dng file they would be willing to share?