Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Poll

What version of PGA do you currently own?

PGA GOLF
6 (3.7%)
CHAMPIONSHIP I
6 (3.7%)
CHAMPIONSHIP II
3 (1.8%)
CHAMPIONSHIP III
20 (12.3%)
CHALLENGE
31 (19%)
TEAM CHALLENGE
54 (33.1%)
TEAM CHALLENGE w/ ALL ACCESS
28 (17.2%)
I DON'T OWN A VERSION BUT WOULD LIKE TO!
15 (9.2%)

Total Members Voted: 163

Author Topic: PGA Tour Golf by Global VR & EA Sports Owners Thread  (Read 530399 times)

Spitfire

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 05, 2023, 07:55:31 am
Re: PGA Tour Golf by Global VR & EA Sports Owners Thread
« Reply #1120 on: May 29, 2015, 12:49:16 am »
Is anyone having issues connecting to the server as only getting through 2% and getting a connection error 5006 saying failed to ping server urghhhh just sold my all access pass machine as well. BOOST where are you mate have you taken your server down??? Also server only used to work with  team challenge version Warren.

Pinballer73

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 26, 2019, 04:54:42 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #1121 on: May 29, 2015, 12:52:32 am »
Please help me resurrect my system.  Stumbling across this thread, I decided to dig out my system and get it setup for play and hopefully run the patch to play all the courses and hopefully join the leaderboard.

I purchased a used kit from an operator back in 2009, with the view to build a small pedestal cabinet, things got in the way and I never did do it.  Reading this thread got me back to it.  I decided to power-up the system and see exactly what my system is and what software it is running.  When I first got it, it was working, however the computer hardware was filthy.  I removed it all, cleaned it up and installed it in a new case, with a new CPU fan and power supply.  It worked when I packed it away.  Now after several years packed away, it doesn't power up. 

When power is initially applied the motherboard begins to power up and the CPU fan spins, doesn't last more than a second and it powers down.  Doesn't matter how many times I press the power button on the front of the PC, it won't start.  If I power cycle the supply to the PC, it will repeat the symptoms above, one time per power cycle.

The motherboard BIOS battery reads 2.94V.  The dongle is securely connected and I have reseated all the connectors within the PC.  Below are a few photos of my system.  Hoping someone can help me find the problem and get my system up and running.

I believe the system is a Team Challenge, going by the label on the dongle.  The power-up attempts did not have a keyboard or mouse connected to the PC, just the USB cable from the I/O interface card, the power cable and the monitor connected.  I also tried it with and without the wiring harness connected to the interface card.

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1122 on: May 29, 2015, 01:12:39 am »
Tried the patcher again and nothing still won't let me in. Please can anyone let me know if they also can't get in?? Thx Joe

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1123 on: May 29, 2015, 01:23:13 am »
Hi Pinball I would replace the cmos battery with a new one and if that doesn't solve the issue I would then replace the ram. Let me know how you go. Thx Joe

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1124 on: May 29, 2015, 01:51:44 am »
Back in the game again. It seems that my router must have been playing up. After a reset all well again. Only thing due to re running the patcher it now doesn't have my records of scores on the certain courses all listed at 0 times played. Oh well some golf games ahead of me to play every course again. Lost my ranking also on card. Still retained the skill shots I found though. Ummmm
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 02:15:31 am by Spitfire »

Pinballer73

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 26, 2019, 04:54:42 pm
« Reply #1125 on: May 29, 2015, 07:27:30 pm »
Hi Pinball I would replace the cmos battery with a new one and if that doesn't solve the issue I would then replace the ram. Let me know how you go. Thx Joe

Thanks Spitfire, that did the job, changed the CMOS battery and the system now boots straight up.  I now need to overhaul the trackball with new bearing or replace it, any suggestions? 

Am I running the right version of this game?  I suspect even though the Dongle label reads PGA TM CHALLENGE, I might not be running the right version, as the screen image mentions WORLD CHALLENGE.  Below is a few screen shots from my game in action.  If I am running the right version, am I now right to run the patch that boostinallovryou has made for us?  If not, can someone please help me out with the upgrade software?

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1126 on: May 30, 2015, 07:50:38 am »
Need to see the startup screens if they say Team challenge then your right to go if they say challeng on startup then need to update game.

Dalejustin96

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 01, 2015, 04:00:34 pm
« Reply #1127 on: May 31, 2015, 02:15:20 pm »
Does anyone have a Team Challenger header 4sale?

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1128 on: June 01, 2015, 07:24:06 am »
Does anyone have a Team Challenger header 4sale?
Rectangular or oval??

Dalejustin96

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1129 on: June 01, 2015, 09:02:44 am »
Rectangle

Dalejustin96

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1130 on: June 01, 2015, 09:05:23 am »
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 09:09:54 am by Dalejustin96 »

alman

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 18, 2015, 11:56:08 am
« Reply #1131 on: June 02, 2015, 06:16:42 pm »
Hi All
well, got a set of discs for PGA Tour Golf Team Challenge, all was well until I tried to use a patch  HASP/Hardlock Emulator 2007. Didn't do anything, unless instructions I followed were incorrect. So, tried the EDGEHASP, and all seemed ok, but wasn't getting the same screens on the game pc as my main pc. Anyway, tried disabling the N vid card, but the system halted as the game is synced to the video card, , , even swapped out monitors, , , just in case, but no go

Open to suggestions, or, if anyone knows where I can buy a proper dongle, , ,
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 08:59:06 am by alman »

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1132 on: June 02, 2015, 10:34:44 pm »
Rectangle
Hi mate I have a few rectangle ones however I am in Australia. Can anyone in the USA help him out?
Hey Alman have never tried a dongle emulator. What error is being displayed?

alman

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1133 on: June 02, 2015, 10:46:16 pm »
Hey Spitfire,   send me yur email addy, will send the files to you. If you look at the pics, the error is I cannot 'see' the key to GENERATE DNG code, , , issue with scree resolution

wazsxr

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 24, 2017, 02:09:38 am
« Reply #1134 on: June 03, 2015, 05:20:26 am »
Hi Spitfire,
Could I get a picture of the rectangle header? I'm wondering if it would fit my showcase cab.

-Warren

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1135 on: June 03, 2015, 07:45:25 am »
Hey Spitfire,   send me yur email addy, will send the files to you. If you look at the pics, the error is I cannot 'see' the key to GENERATE DNG code, , , issue with scree resolution

Hey alman whompmaster just recent got his machine working with a dongle emulator so he would be the best person to pm. He sent me a walkthru which I will send to you if that helps. Don't know if works as I have never had to use a dongle emulator as always had the dongles.

Warren I'll send you a pic of what I have soon mate.

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1136 on: June 04, 2015, 07:05:25 am »
Here is the pic Warren

wazsxr

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1137 on: June 04, 2015, 09:41:46 am »
Thanks spitfire, looks like it'll be a good fit but I'll have to measure my existing one. Can I ask what you're asking for it? I'm in vic 3029 for postage.

alman

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1138 on: June 04, 2015, 09:44:34 am »
whompmaster
Could you look at my posts and see if there is something you can do to help, , ,
Al  crosby_a@hotmail.com

wazsxr

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1139 on: June 06, 2015, 05:12:27 am »
@spitfire it looks like my header is 700x180, is that close to your one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gvdvyver

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 03, 2017, 08:35:35 am
« Reply #1140 on: June 12, 2015, 05:18:19 am »
Good day all.

My Championship 3 dongle stopped working. I tried searching on the internet for one, but with no luck.
Does anyone have a spare that they would sell to me?

Thanks

wazsxr

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1141 on: June 16, 2015, 09:52:47 pm »
I have just purchased a card reader for my machine and it doesn't seem to recognise it (XICO 7101USB) as it tells me it can't find a card reader and press a button to continue, if anyone else here has a card reader in their current setup could I ask you to check the device manager to see if it's listed in there.  My one is showing up under the "Human Interface Device" section with two entries, "USB input device" and "HID-compliant vendor-defined device".  Both of which are using generic Microsoft drivers.
If someone does have the device showing in the device manager, could they please send me a copy of the driver, it would be much appreciated.

Regards,
-Warren

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1142 on: June 18, 2015, 08:46:54 am »
Good day all.

My Championship 3 dongle stopped working. I tried searching on the internet for one, but with no luck.
Does anyone have a spare that they would sell to me?

Thanks

I may have a spare one for you but all the way in Melbourne Australia I'll check and get back to you. Pm me with what they are worth or what your willing to pay. Thx Joe

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1143 on: June 18, 2015, 08:48:33 am »
I have just purchased a card reader for my machine and it doesn't seem to recognise it (XICO 7101USB) as it tells me it can't find a card reader and press a button to continue, if anyone else here has a card reader in their current setup could I ask you to check the device manager to see if it's listed in there.  My one is showing up under the "Human Interface Device" section with two entries, "USB input device" and "HID-compliant vendor-defined device".  Both of which are using generic Microsoft drivers.
If someone does have the device showing in the device manager, could they please send me a copy of the driver, it would be much appreciated.

Regards,
-Warren

I have a few of those style of readers but never were able to get them working. When I get some time I will try one of them again on my machine and report back to you on how I went.

Gurt

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 27, 2016, 11:16:10 am
« Reply #1144 on: June 21, 2015, 09:00:43 pm »
I just installed a Dell Optiplex GX270 (clam shell) PC using the original APG video card and had some luck.

Gurt

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1145 on: June 22, 2015, 01:49:48 pm »
I purchased a PGA Tour Team Challenge machine with a decent cabinet, but dead PC. I found that the heatsink for the CPU popped off a little and wasn't making contact. The drive was also mostly dead (making noise).

I had an old Dell Optiplex GX270, so I used that with a new dive and the old interface boards (display adapter, modem, and control interface).

Fortunately it had the dongle, System Recover Disk (version 4.0.0), three Game Install disks (Version 4.0.0), and All-Access Pass disk (version 4.1).

I was able to load the OS and the main game without issue, but when I try to load the All-Access Pass, it tells me that I need to be running 4.0.0.8. Not sure how to upgrade to 4.0.0.8. I don't have land-line phone service (even if their server is up and running).

Any clues? I wonder if STPCore has the needed patches in his dropbox?

I can't PM because I am too new to the forum.

From looking at the setting menu, it looks like I might have the wrong dongle.

I have posted some screen shots...

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 07:40:39 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
« Reply #1146 on: June 22, 2015, 02:49:34 pm »
just post a few more times to enable PM's. (i think the PM's kick in @ +5 posts) it's just to weed out spammers.

boostinallovryou

« Reply #1147 on: June 22, 2015, 03:17:31 pm »
Good afternoon everybody.  I have FINALLY finished all of my blocking issues and started working on leaderboards and tournaments again.  I am only targeting Team Challenge for now.  I want to let everybody know that I will be taking the server down for maintenance around 8PM Pacific Standard Time tonight.  It should only be down for about 30 minutes.  I need to image it so I have all of the play data your machines have been submitting.

I want to apologize for my long absence.  After I returned from a work trip I had to get a lot of outstanding issues under control.  Everything is finally handled and it's time to get back to work here.  I love to post behind the scene photos as I make progress so look back here soon.

frankrizzo2

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 27, 2024, 01:39:53 pm
« Reply #1148 on: June 22, 2015, 10:52:52 pm »
Awesome!! I've been wanting to get mine online for some time now! Just have to get the ethernet cable out and give her a whirl.

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1149 on: June 23, 2015, 07:22:35 pm »
Good afternoon everybody.  I have FINALLY finished all of my blocking issues and started working on leaderboards and tournaments again.  I am only targeting Team Challenge for now.  I want to let everybody know that I will be taking the server down for maintenance around 8PM Pacific Standard Time tonight.  It should only be down for about 30 minutes.  I need to image it so I have all of the play data your machines have been submitting.

I want to apologize for my long absence.  After I returned from a work trip I had to get a lot of outstanding issues under control.  Everything is finally handled and it's time to get back to work here.  I love to post behind the scene photos as I make progress so look back here soon.

The chosen one has returned!!  :notworthy: Hail Hail King Boost. Can't wait for you to weave your magic again boost. Going to bring my portable unit into hospital as my girl is there and stuck in there this week. Let us know if we can help in any way mate.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 09:12:09 am by Spitfire »

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1150 on: June 24, 2015, 09:21:44 am »
I purchased a PGA Tour Team Challenge machine with a decent cabinet, but dead PC. I found that the heatsink for the CPU popped off a little and wasn't making contact. The drive was also mostly dead (making noise).

I had an old Dell Optiplex GX270, so I used that with a new dive and the old interface boards (display adapter, modem, and control interface).

Fortunately it had the dongle, System Recover Disk (version 4.0.0), three Game Install disks (Version 4.0.0), and All-Access Pass disk (version 4.1).

I was able to load the OS and the main game without issue, but when I try to load the All-Access Pass, it tells me that I need to be running 4.0.0.8. Not sure how to upgrade to 4.0.0.8. I don't have land-line phone service (even if their server is up and running).

Any clues? I wonder if STPCore has the needed patches in his dropbox?

I can't PM because I am too new to the forum.

From looking at the setting menu, it looks like I might have the wrong dongle.

Hi Gurt just be aware that boost's online patch only works on the normal team challenge version of the game not the all access version of it. Once online you unlock the Tournaments and World Tour section of the game which lets you play all the courses unlocked with the AAP anyway and also lets you discover hidden skill shots that award you special items to customise your player with. Now with boost back working again it want be long till their is an online leader board and online tournaments that we can all compete against each other. None of this possible with the AAP version as the online part of the game is removed. Due to this I sold my all access pass machine as much better game playing world tour online.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 09:23:35 am by Spitfire »

Gurt

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1151 on: June 24, 2015, 01:18:55 pm »
Good to knowSpitfire! Glad it didn't install.

boostinallovryou

« Reply #1152 on: June 24, 2015, 06:27:24 pm »
Spitfire I'm really sorry to hear your girl is in the hospital.  I hope everything will be ok.

I setup my new work area and have a dedicated development area now.  Will make everything so much more enjoyable.  Which means more coding hours :-)    So just to give a heads up according to the database 16 machines and 21 players have registered their cards.  Looks like we have some lurkers here hahahahah.  So yea, development has begun.  Leaderboards first, then tournaments.  I'm excited to see the new people jumping on here and communicating.  Exciting times.

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1153 on: June 25, 2015, 08:22:30 am »
Hopefully will be out of here soon. Great to hear you have things the way you like them boost. Can't wait for your next update.

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1154 on: July 03, 2015, 10:17:42 pm »
Back home with whole family. Will play some golf tonight. Hope all is moving along boost and we some leaderboards in the near future as that will cap off a good week.

elle_effMR14

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 18, 2015, 11:32:52 pm
« Reply #1155 on: July 06, 2015, 11:16:34 pm »
Hey Guys,

Really enjoy all the information that you guys have released in this post and the other 30 pager.

I've recently purchased a used PGA Tour Challenge Edition machine off of Ebay. I'm having some problems getting it up and running properly and I was wondering if you guys would be able to help me.

The machine powers up just fine. I can get through the menu screens, choose my golfer, choose my course and finally get to the first tee box. At that point I'm able to take my first shot but then I start to get graphics glitches and then the game will eventually freeze. I'm assuming its a GPU issue but is it possible that it is something else? Like RAM or MOBO issues? I'll post pictures to show you what I mean.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated!!

Version Info:

Screen where game froze up:

YouTube link of the problem that I'm having.

Gurt

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1156 on: July 07, 2015, 01:38:36 am »
That looks like a GPU issue. Check the heat-sink to make sure it is clear of crud and the fan is running. You may try removing the heat-sink, cleaning off the old thermal paste with alcohol and applying new thermal paste. You may also benefit from doing that to the main CPU.

Thermal paste dries up over time and once it does, it doesn't transfer the heat to the heat-sink very well.

The paste will cost around $5 and can be a cheap way to narrow down the issue.

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1157 on: July 07, 2015, 06:46:58 am »
Any graphics glitches like that would lead me to replace the graphics card to a new compatible one. You can try what Gurt says and give it a clean etc. if problem Persists after this then I would go to ram replacement or slot change.

gvdvyver

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 03, 2017, 08:35:35 am
« Reply #1158 on: July 08, 2015, 10:54:21 am »
Hi SpitFire

Did you perhaps had a chance to look for the Championship 3 dongle.

Thanks

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1159 on: July 09, 2015, 09:07:05 am »
Yes mate just home this week from hospital and do have to that championship 3 dongle will try to get down to the post office and get you a quote to get it to you mate. Sorry for the delay but unfortunately ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- happens ha ha ha