Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Poll

What version of PGA do you currently own?

PGA GOLF
6 (3.7%)
CHAMPIONSHIP I
6 (3.7%)
CHAMPIONSHIP II
3 (1.8%)
CHAMPIONSHIP III
20 (12.3%)
CHALLENGE
31 (19%)
TEAM CHALLENGE
54 (33.1%)
TEAM CHALLENGE w/ ALL ACCESS
28 (17.2%)
I DON'T OWN A VERSION BUT WOULD LIKE TO!
15 (9.2%)

Total Members Voted: 163

Author Topic: PGA Tour Golf by Global VR & EA Sports Owners Thread  (Read 530198 times)

Spitfire

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 05, 2023, 07:55:31 am
Re: PGA Tour Golf by Global VR & EA Sports Owners Thread
« Reply #1080 on: April 07, 2015, 02:49:33 am »
Hi all below is a link to an ebay item in the USAfor team challenge. You might want to save some time Joepga and buy it.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=161665441309

WhompMaster

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 07, 2015, 08:31:34 am
  • Love Classic Arcade Games!
« Reply #1081 on: April 07, 2015, 05:58:49 am »
Hi all below is a link to an ebay item in the USAfor team challenge. You might want to save some time Joepga and buy it.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=161665441309

I seen this last week and thought about it myself.  It used to be "Buy it now" for $99.00 but now it's a bidding thing starting at $99.00.  Maybe he is trying something different.  I still want the AAP myself so I just passed on it since I can't upgrade it without the dongle.

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1082 on: April 07, 2015, 08:00:43 am »
Hi Whomp I think you are missing something. I have an Access all areas pass machine that I don't play anymore and am going to sell as now my standard team challenge pc linked to Boost server gives me everything my AAP machine does but the added access to Tournaments and World Tour which allows you to play every course and unlock special player customisable items in every course, also Special player rankings and much much more. Soon hopefully boost will add leaderboards and then the holy grail of online tournaments.

It's seems you haven't been reading this forum to closely. If you need help connected to server let me know?

WhompMaster

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1083 on: April 07, 2015, 08:25:55 am »
Hi Whomp I think you are missing something. I have an Access all areas pass machine that I don't play anymore and am going to sell as now my standard team challenge pc linked to Boost server gives me everything my AAP machine does but the added access to Tournaments and World Tour which allows you to play every course and unlock special player customisable items in every course, also Special player rankings and much much more. Soon hopefully boost will add leaderboards and then the holy grail of online tournaments.

It's seems you haven't been reading this forum to closely. If you need help connected to server let me know?

No, I haven't been on here very long but I'm slowly going back and reading this thread from start to finish.   :)  I actually read the first 4 pages yesterday and it took a good while to do that but I'll eventually get through it.   I still have a ways to go as well from upgrading my entire PC to installing Team Challenge to possibly logging into the server.   I'm just not so sure I want to rely on a server for all this and then one day it goes down and I lose all the courses and such, IF this is how it works.  I may just bite the bullet and pay for the AAP dongle and do it myself.  Thanks for the advice though as I really do appreciate it. 

joepga

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 17, 2015, 03:41:16 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #1084 on: April 07, 2015, 10:27:30 am »
So now I'm wondering if anyone has the dongle emulator dump file for either Team Challenge or Championship III and I can possible load the dump file in the emulator program and run without emulator?

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1085 on: April 07, 2015, 05:58:22 pm »
So now I'm wondering if anyone has the dongle emulator dump file for either Team Challenge or Championship III and I can possible load the dump file in the emulator program and run without emulator?

Instruct how the dump file is made and I'll make as I have both dongle versions.

joepga

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1086 on: April 08, 2015, 11:36:01 am »

Instruct how the dump file is made and I'll make as I have both dongle versions.

http://www.software-key.org/haspsbs.html

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1087 on: April 13, 2015, 08:07:25 am »
Hey Joepga sorry haven't got round to copying my team challenge dongle yet mate just been flat out. Also I only have a challenge and championship 3 dongle spare at the moment.

STP are u alive mate. Sent u a PM with the online instructions did u get it?

Boost any updates mate? I keep playing golf waiting for those leaderboard to appear every now and then only to see nothing. I hope things are still moving forward. Have about 4 machines online now in Aus and slowly recruiting more. Hope to get an update soon.

Thx Joe

WhompMaster

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1088 on: April 13, 2015, 08:25:52 am »
Hey Joepga sorry haven't got round to copying my team challenge dongle yet mate just been flat out.

Thx Joe

Ok, please explain what you mean here.  Coping a dongle?

Wouldn't it be so cool to go pick up a $2.00 dongle and just copy the software to it and have AAP?  I'm sure you didn't mean that or did you?

joepga

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1089 on: April 13, 2015, 11:46:41 am »
I'm pretty sure you need special software to write to the dongle... we are looking at creating a dump file of what is read off the dongle and store it in a program so that when the game looks for the dongle the program says "here it is" without a dongle physically being plugged into the computer... Unfortunately I tried installing the championship 3 discs that I received from Global VR and before it actually installs, it does a cabinet check and tells me that I have the incorrect dongle inserted and I need to insert 2.0 and/or 2.1 or something... I looked on the dongle itself and it says 1.5.. I don't get it.. if anyone has 1.5 version software I would love to have a copy of it since basically that's all Global VR does is make copies of their own cds I don't see the individual cds for the software being unique.. or if you have a dropbox it would be cool to rip the cd as iso and put it in there for download..
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 12:11:55 pm by joepga »

WhompMaster

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1090 on: April 13, 2015, 12:23:34 pm »
I'm pretty sure you need special software to write to the dongle... we are looking at creating a dump file of what is read off the dongle and store it in a program so that when the game looks for the dongle the program says "here it is" without a dongle physically being plugged into the computer... Unfortunately I tried installing the championship 3 discs that I received from Global VR and before it actually installs, it does a cabinet check and tells me that I have the incorrect dongle inserted and I need to insert 2.0 and/or 2.1 or something... I looked on the dongle itself and it says 1.5.. I don't get it.. if anyone has 1.5 version software I would love to have a copy of it since basically that's all Global VR does is make copies of their own cds I don't see the individual cds for the software being unique.. or if you have a dropbox it would be cool to rip the cd as iso and put it in there for download..

Wow, if we could get this setup and working then we would not even need a dongle, right?  All we would need is the software disc which we could put on dropbox or something. That would be sweet!

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1091 on: April 20, 2015, 06:35:20 am »
Hi all this is a little off topic but would someone be able to buy this Madden control panel for me and then send it to me in Melbourne Australia 3030 as the buyer won't ship international. Will pay in advance for all expenses. As can't seem to find this anywhere.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=391103849650

Thanks in advance,

Joe

96p993

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 09, 2022, 01:26:37 pm
« Reply #1092 on: April 21, 2015, 11:36:56 pm »
Hi all this is a little off topic but would someone be able to buy this Madden control panel for me and then send it to me in Melbourne Australia 3030 as the buyer won't ship international. Will pay in advance for all expenses. As can't seem to find this anywhere.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=391103849650

Thanks in advance,

Joe

Spit shoot me an email about getting this to you...

bobber3@gmail.com

gvdvyver

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 03, 2017, 08:35:35 am
« Reply #1093 on: April 22, 2015, 02:16:43 pm »
Hey Joepga sorry haven't got round to copying my team challenge dongle yet mate just been flat out.

Thx Joe

Wouldn't it be so cool to go pick up a $2.00 dongle and just copy the software to it and have AAP?  I'm sure you didn't mean that or did you?

Hi

As far as I know Team Challenge and All Access Pass use the same dongle. All access pass is a small patch that must be installed after team challenge has been installed. So with that said. If you have a Team challenge dongle, you only need the All Access Pass patch.

Thanks

WhompMaster

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1094 on: April 22, 2015, 02:29:07 pm »

Thx Joe

Hi

As far as I know Team Challenge and All Access Pass use the same dongle. All access pass is a small patch that must be installed after team challenge has been installed. So with that said. If you have a Team challenge dongle, you only need the All Access Pass patch.

Thanks

You may be right but if it were this easy then someone would have cracked this already.  Where would this patch be located?

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1095 on: April 22, 2015, 08:00:59 pm »
Hey 96 email sent via pm. Also I think the dongle is different as I have a All Access machine and have tried with a normal team challenge dongle and the error comes up saying wrong dongle

Biglou27

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 21, 2024, 07:37:59 pm
« Reply #1096 on: April 22, 2015, 11:24:48 pm »
I allready compiled the emulator for all acess pass dongle at  the pga Facebook page works with ver 4.0.0.8
https://m.facebook.com/groups/444981388985690?refid=17&ref=bookmark&_ft_

WhompMaster

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1097 on: April 23, 2015, 05:28:50 am »
I allready compiled the emulator for all acess pass dongle at  the pga Facebook page works with ver 4.0.0.8
https://m.facebook.com/groups/444981388985690?refid=17&ref=bookmark&_ft_

Is that the PGA Patcher_04 patch?  Also, how would you use it or is there instructions in there too?

gvdvyver

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1098 on: April 23, 2015, 09:08:36 am »
Hi

Does anyone know where I can buy a Nitric card for my pga cabinet?

Thanks

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 11:41:53 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
« Reply #1099 on: April 29, 2015, 02:04:32 pm »
I have a Nytric usb IO board rev. 2.0

has 37 pin dsub connector for panel connection

if you are interested/still looking, send me a PM.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 02:09:04 pm by lilshawn »

WhompMaster

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1100 on: May 03, 2015, 11:33:53 am »
Ok, I must have a older PC in my golf game because I can't seem to upgrade it to Team Challenge.  One of the upgrade / restore disk will go 100% through the install but the other disk stops at 85% each and every time.  I even tried two different disk from two different sources and they both stop at 85%. 

The install disk / restore disk that does work will also ask for a upgraded Net Frame (which I simply downloaded and installed)  It also wanted a upgraded Direct X which I also downloaded and installed. So no missing drivers or software errors.  It will even take my 3 Team Challenge install disk with no quirks UNTIL it tries to actually load Team Challenge and then it just shows the Team Challenge loading screen but right after you hear the golf ball fall in the cup it stops and blinks every few seconds, like something is missing.

First, is this correct that my computer will not let me install the other restore disk past 85%?  If so, what would I need to do in order to get past this problem?

I really believe TC will not run because I'm not using the correct or newer restore disk??  So, I would like to learn more about this problem before I invest anymore money on the game.  I could buy a GX 280 motherboard but I just need to know WHY this install is quitting on me first.  Has anyone on here seen this happen?

I didn't overwrite my original hard drive as I just installed a 2nd one but it's only a 20.5 GB.  It still has lots of free space on it.  Another thought I could try would be to ghost my original HD and then try to upgrade it to TC but I really feel like this will not work.

h0tw1r3

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 19, 2023, 09:50:54 pm
  • Git-R-Done
« Reply #1101 on: May 05, 2015, 12:10:39 am »
I just had someone strip and ship a PGA with challenge inside.  The PC came today, it has the I/o board and dongle, but the hard drive is dead. Now I'm in search of restore discs. Paying global vr feels wrong considering they don't support PGA at all anymore.

Anyone have an extra set they wouldn't mind parting with (or an I so)? I see people selling copied discs on fleebay.

WhompMaster

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1102 on: May 05, 2015, 12:45:23 pm »
I just had someone strip and ship a PGA with challenge inside.  The PC came today, it has the I/o board and dongle, but the hard drive is dead. Now I'm in search of restore discs. Paying global vr feels wrong considering they don't support PGA at all anymore.

Anyone have an extra set they wouldn't mind parting with (or an I so)? I see people selling copied discs on fleebay.

As you can see my post right above yours, there are a few different kind of restore disk, from what I can tell.  I guess certain ones goes with certain kinds of motherboard and processors?  For example, the older PGA PC I have will not take the newer restore disk.  I guess I need to really dig and read about the certain disk that goes with certain hardware. 

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1103 on: May 05, 2015, 08:09:59 pm »
Hi Whomp firstly I don't think it has anything to do with ur PC it has to do with the disks you are using to upgrade to team challenge. Looking at your photos it looks like you are using a challenge edition recovery disk and not a team challenge one. Firstly you need the right system recovery disk to match the game installation disks you have. In Australia I use the System recovery disc Australian Version v4.0a that works for my Game installation discs which ther are 3 of and are labeled Team Challenge version v4.0.0.8. Once you have the right disks it should work on and PC on any hard drive whether new or old.
What you do is input the system recovery disc first that will install windows xpe on ur PC then it will ask you to restart and input the game disks. If the right system recovery disc is used then it should install perfectly as I have done this several times on different pcs. No need to install more drivers only did this doth the new sell gx 260 motherboard to get sound working.

Now as for the ISO of these disks. STP on this forum setup up a Dropbox which had most versions of the game in it he would be the best person to contact and the easiest way of getting these discs. If you are stuck I have the discs but I think line are mostly the Australian version and unsure what the difference is. I am still connected to boosts server and all is working 100% good luck!!

WhompMaster

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1104 on: May 06, 2015, 05:43:26 am »
Hi Whomp firstly I don't think it has anything to do with ur PC it has to do with the disks you are using to upgrade to team challenge. Looking at your photos it looks like you are using a challenge edition recovery disk and not a team challenge one. Firstly you need the right system recovery disk to match the game installation disks you have. In Australia I use the System recovery disc Australian Version v4.0a that works for my Game installation discs which ther are 3 of and are labeled Team Challenge version v4.0.0.8. Once you have the right disks it should work on and PC on any hard drive whether new or old.
What you do is input the system recovery disc first that will install windows xpe on ur PC then it will ask you to restart and input the game disks. If the right system recovery disc is used then it should install perfectly as I have done this several times on different pcs. No need to install more drivers only did this doth the new sell gx 260 motherboard to get sound working.

Now as for the ISO of these disks. STP on this forum setup up a Dropbox which had most versions of the game in it he would be the best person to contact and the easiest way of getting these discs. If you are stuck I have the discs but I think line are mostly the Australian version and unsure what the difference is. I am still connected to boosts server and all is working 100% good luck!!

Thanks for all the advice.  I have actually tried and tried and troubleshooted this process over the last 2 weeks but with no success.  I do have the Team Challenge restore / install disk but it stops at 85% each and every time.  My mouse freezes up at that time as well so there certainly is something it doesn't like with that install disk or the hardware on this computer.  I've even tried the same install disk from a couple different sources and it stops at 85% each and every time.  So I know the disk is good but it must not like my PC.  It is a older PC and probably an original PC.

This PC was made for a original setup of Championship 1.  Championship 1 is the ONLY install that will make it to the point of asking for the dongle.  What is crazy is I still have the original HD where Challenge Edition is installed (and working) but I have no frigging clue how they got it to work.  LOL

It will only accept a IDE hard drive and no SATA connections.  My HD is only a 20.5 GB.  I want to at least try a bigger HD but I don't have one currently.

So, I tried this last night.  I installed the older restore disk XPE and then Championship 1.  Made it to the asking for the dongle part.  I then installed Challenge Edition but the game only blinks at the very end when it should work.  I know why though as it SHOULD work with the newer install disk which I'm sure goes with Challenge Edition.  I even went as far as installing TC on top of that as well with no luck.  When I do this I also have to install NetFrame 1.1 and add the DirectX drivers.  I wonder if I'm using the wrong DirectX version or I need to try a larger HD or it simply doesn't like my motherboard or processor in the older PC.

My last hope is to buy a GX 280 motherboard.  Does it matter which processor I use in it or will the install disk accept any processor that works on that board?   :banghead:
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 05:47:31 am by WhompMaster »

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1105 on: May 06, 2015, 08:15:48 am »
Whomp you are jumping around from saying ur installing championship 1 to challenge edition then team challenge edition. Not even sure what you are trying to achieve its very confusing??!!!  Now please advise are you trying to install the latest version of the game Which is Team challenge or are you trying to install the Challenge version???
That's the first thing that needs clarifying?? Once you have done this then please post pictures of both your system recovery disk version and also every game install disk version. When that's done we can advise better??

Now as stated in my last post the key is to have the right version of the system recovery disk. Now I have the latest team challenge version and with this I can install the team challenge game version and also the challenge game version correctly. You also need to have the correct dongle present while installing these game disks which matches the game disks you are installing or it won't install correctly.

Now please take some deep breaths and clarify everything asked so we can better help?

WhompMaster

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1106 on: May 06, 2015, 08:31:09 am »
I know it all sounds crazy but this was just part of my troubleshooting.  I was ONLY trying to install Championship 1, Challenge Edition and then TC JUST to see if I had to do it this way but of course it didn't work.  Only testing and troubleshooting.   ;D  I want to install Team Challenge as that is my goal.

After doing a little more thinking this morning I'm just about 99% sure I need a upgraded PC that will work with the never version of the recovery disk.  This has to be the problem.  I have one of the original PC's that came with Championship 1 and I just think the hardware is different compared to what the NEWER recovery disk is looking for and it's the reason it's freezing up on me ALWAYS at 85%.  Does this makes since?  I think when it gets to the point of looking for a certain hardware then it doesn't see it and it freezes up.  Has nobody else on here ran into that problem before?

swayze2

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 09, 2015, 10:09:44 pm
« Reply #1107 on: May 06, 2015, 04:27:22 pm »
Offloading some goodies from my machine. Never use the card reader...etc

Maybe someone can get some use out of it.

Thanks

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161697067505

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1108 on: May 06, 2015, 07:29:45 pm »

Thanks

I'm after a card reader and cards.  PM sent

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1109 on: May 06, 2015, 09:39:40 pm »
Hi Whomp you are just not listening!!! Nothing to do with hardware of Machine or PC being too old!!! As I have Team challenge running on same old PC with the same Rev 1.00 sticker on your machine. Now if you can kindly follow my instructions above and post pics of your disks and also your single then I can help you. As that where your problem lies!!

Slimonce

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 15, 2022, 06:02:55 pm
« Reply #1110 on: May 06, 2015, 10:03:12 pm »
I had a similar issue and also and old mb/tower.  Not sure exactly, but it may have stalled around 85% as well.  I used kill disk and wiped the HD completly.  Next install to TC worked, but I think it still took a couple hours to completely install.  I don't know enough to know if it was a capacity issue or someting else lingering, but wiping and reinstalling worked for me.  Hope that may be a solution for you Whomp, best of luck and hang in there!

h0tw1r3

• Offline Offline
  • Git-R-Done
« Reply #1111 on: May 07, 2015, 12:09:18 am »

Thanks

Great! Pm sent. That's all I need to complete this machine. Going to put it in a school for special needs kids!

gvdvyver

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1112 on: May 07, 2015, 07:37:56 am »
a
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 07:54:43 am by gvdvyver »

h0tw1r3

• Offline Offline
  • Git-R-Done
« Reply #1113 on: May 09, 2015, 11:06:18 am »
Has anyone tried installing PGA onto a full version of XP? If so, general steps?

WhompMaster

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1114 on: May 10, 2015, 02:40:28 pm »
I figured out why my PGA would not install correctly.  It was something I thought may be the problem in the very beginning but I didn't have another, larger hard drive to test that theory out.  I was using a 20.5 GB HD and it simply didn't like it.  I finally found another IDE HD @ 40 GB and the install worked like a charm.  I have to admit the game runs pretty good the way it is but I did see some slow down here and there during our games.  So, I very well may get a GX280 motherboard and just screw it down, along with everything else, to a piece of plywood, made to fit inside the cabinet.  It should run cooler that way too!

Does anyone on here have any extra blue player cards they want to sell or know where I can get some?

Oh yea, I also have Team Challenge & All Access Pass running like a charm, without the correct dongle.   :applaud:
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 02:42:01 pm by WhompMaster »

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1115 on: May 10, 2015, 06:15:12 pm »
Hey Whomp nice work. Are you using a dongle emulator to get it to run without the dongle?

WhompMaster

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1116 on: May 10, 2015, 08:07:41 pm »
Hey Whomp nice work. Are you using a dongle emulator to get it to run without the dongle?

Yep, got a emulator and once you set it it will automatically run each time you boot the game up.  I really want to email that guy on Ebay and tell him to  :censored: off!  He is a crook and rip off artist AND he wants $20.00 for shipping too!   :laugh2:

lostboy4480

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 21, 2024, 06:54:46 pm
« Reply #1117 on: May 12, 2015, 07:23:44 pm »
Has anyone tried installing PGA onto a full version of XP? If so, general steps?

I tried this the other day,  But it seems that the launcher for the installation on Game disk 1 does a check for the OS and stops the installation with incorrect OS error.  If this could be bypassed (Which would probably be quite easy for someone that knows what their doing) I believe it could be made to work.
Cabinets

NBA Jam
Golden Tee 2005
PGA Tour Golf Team Challenge
Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection
Generic Taito (Project)

WhompMaster

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1118 on: May 12, 2015, 07:26:02 pm »
What's the advantage of installing this on XP compared to XPE?  It's runs just fine the way it is.

wazsxr

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 24, 2017, 02:09:38 am
PGA Tour Golf by Global VR & EA Sports Owners Thread
« Reply #1119 on: May 25, 2015, 09:50:47 am »

@Spitifire,
I've just picked up a Championship III cab and found this thread in my searching the interwebs... Wow what a read.  I would be interested in getting a copy of your aus disks if not too much trouble? I would love to join this new tournament server along with the other Aussies. 

-Warren

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 09:52:37 am by wazsxr »