Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Poll

What version of PGA do you currently own?

PGA GOLF
6 (3.7%)
CHAMPIONSHIP I
6 (3.7%)
CHAMPIONSHIP II
3 (1.8%)
CHAMPIONSHIP III
20 (12.3%)
CHALLENGE
31 (19%)
TEAM CHALLENGE
54 (33.1%)
TEAM CHALLENGE w/ ALL ACCESS
28 (17.2%)
I DON'T OWN A VERSION BUT WOULD LIKE TO!
15 (9.2%)

Total Members Voted: 163

Author Topic: PGA Tour Golf by Global VR & EA Sports Owners Thread  (Read 535688 times)

Spitfire

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 05, 2023, 07:55:31 am
Re: PGA Tour Golf by Global VR & EA Sports Owners Thread
« Reply #1040 on: March 05, 2015, 03:12:15 pm »
Hi all i am struggling to find a PGA golf card reader here in Australia or anywhere for that matter would anyone know where I can get one or does anyone have one they could sell to me?
Also does anyone know if the golden tee type card readers work on the Pga Golf machines as I have a few of these but can't get the game to register it?  Thx Joe

dahupshee

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 05, 2015, 07:54:05 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #1041 on: March 05, 2015, 07:54:05 pm »
They're really hard to come by. I looked for quite a while but couldn't find any. I randomly kept checking eBay and some guy was selling his PGA machine part by part and had one so I picked it up. Boost said he had a some extras so if he makes it back here, I would send him a PM. I researched the internet pretty extensively and couldn't find anything. They do apparently have them on the GlobalVR site but I think that they were around $200+.

The Golden Tee card readers are different and won't work with these machines. My buddy had a machine and didn't need the card reader but again (with extensive research) found out those would not work either.

boostinallovryou

« Reply #1042 on: March 06, 2015, 02:41:41 pm »
Hey everybody........did ya miss me??  I'm sorry to be gone for so long and with no communication.  My job sometimes takes me to places in the world that have 0 cell phone networks, 0 internet, and the ability to only phone home to my family 2 or maybe 3 times a week.  Pretty desolate places.  I'm very glad to be back in the US.  I'm very glad to be back home.  Has taken me a week or two to recoup, enjoy my family, and get back to normal.  The good news......it's time to get back on leaderboards :-)  Odds are with my last server changes there should be a TON of playing data from you guys and I can write the code to parse it and populate it on your machines.  I am only going to focus on Team Challenge as Challenge is do able in the future, but it just has too many differences to try to juggle at one time.  So with that said, it's time to get coding!!!

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1043 on: March 07, 2015, 09:04:21 am »
All hail king Boost  :burgerking: has returned!!! HAIL! HAIL! :notworthy: :applaud:
mate from all of us in Australia Welcome back! You have made me a very happy man and very glad to see you alive and kicking. Can't wait to see those leaderboards on World Tour come up will add so much to the game. Agreed let s get Team Challange running smooth first don't worry about the rest unless really needed. Thanks once again for coming back Boost.  :D
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 09:09:11 am by Spitfire »

stpcore

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 09, 2019, 05:48:56 pm
« Reply #1044 on: March 07, 2015, 12:33:03 pm »
Hi Boost and welcome back as it seems you were greatly missed here, lol.

I have two PGA computers coming that I hope to have up and running this week.  Looking forward to getting at least one of them connected and getting into the action with you guys!
Offering commercial grade vinyl decal printing for cabinet side art, control panel overlays, monitor bezels, marquees, etc.

WhompMaster

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 07, 2015, 08:31:34 am
  • Love Classic Arcade Games!
« Reply #1045 on: March 08, 2015, 07:51:55 am »
Hey guys, can someone tell me what is a good PC to use to upgrade to?  The only one I know of is a Optiplex 745 but are there other Optiplex's that the software will work with that are even faster PC's?  I want to get this game upgraded this Summer and I'm looking for a place to start.

Also, would I need to upgraded the video card and if so which one is a good one to get?   If someone has already listed this on this forum then I can go back and read all 27 pages. 

Thanks!

alman

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 18, 2015, 11:56:08 am
« Reply #1046 on: March 08, 2015, 03:16:28 pm »
Hi all ! My neighbor scored a VR PGA Tour Challenge. Took an afternoon to get it up an running as it was off line for some time an not squared away properly. Lucky, tho, as the dongle was still attached an even has all the software CD's - program disk 1 & 2, an Recovery.. It has all the courses - 22, but have no idea how to access them. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Fairly PC savvy, but have been away from techie mode for a few years, , , lol.      hmm, not sure how to post img of unit, , ,  selected 'insert image an only inserts this:       HELP !!!!!  lololol

Al
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 10:05:39 am by alman »

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1047 on: March 08, 2015, 06:11:43 pm »
Hi Al firstly welcome mate glad you can join us. Unfortunately not to sure what your post is asking for?? Ha ha you say you have your machine working and you have 22 Courses but you can't access them?? If the game is working properly a normal version of team challenge can be played by inserting a coin or hitting the credit button to start and then select play golf on the menu screen and hit the start button. If you have followed Boosts instructions and applied the patcher and have your machine online then you can access all courses through the world tour option??

Please clarify what you actually needed Al ha ha ha??
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 11:20:31 pm by Spitfire »

alman

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1048 on: March 09, 2015, 09:53:05 am »
Hello Spitfire,,,,
Thanks for the 'welcome', ,  firstly, if you can tell me how to attach or upload pics to this page, that would be great, , ,  when I clic the 'insert image' button, all i get is . To help get info on my issues, figure a pic is worth a 1000 words or better, , , by the way, did major hack of the cabinet yesterday and after opening  the cabinet where the player card writer would have been, found 2 CD's for Golden T '04 & '05 and the 'chip'.  if I can't get pics posted here, will do so on the FB page of this group.  Calgary, AB

*  opps, , ,  duh,  figured out how to upload pics, , ,  they on their way.

Al

WhompMaster

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1049 on: March 09, 2015, 10:26:17 am »
by the way, did major hack of the cabinet yesterday and after opening  the cabinet where the player card writer would have been, found 2 CD's for Golden T '04 & '05 and the 'chip'.  if I can't get pics posted here, will do so on the FB page of this group. 

Al

The Golden Tee chip?  I wonder is this was just a storage place or what?  Certainly it can't run in this cabinet or could it somehow?

Also, there is a Facebook page for this group?  What name does that go under?

alman

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1050 on: March 09, 2015, 11:30:12 am »
read the box info, the chip is for Golden T, , here's a few pic of before and after, , ,  will be removing the coin box and card reader, unless its needed to unlock the other courses the game has on it, , ,  will try an do a re format an full install later this week an see what happens, , , will keep all posted as to results.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/PGA-Tour-Golf-by-Global-VR-EA-Sports-Owners-Page/703496909767804
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 11:31:49 am by alman »

WhompMaster

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1051 on: March 09, 2015, 11:51:39 am »
Did you say the original monitor was dead?

I wonder how much weight this takes off?  100 lbs. or so?  Maybe more?

alman

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1052 on: March 09, 2015, 12:06:01 pm »
Hi
Monitor works, a little aged to say the least, , , lost about 80 lbs in the  modification, , , if anyone wants the monitor, can ship to at cost, , , from Calgary Alberta ! :laugh2:
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 12:43:32 pm by alman »

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 06:47:27 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
« Reply #1053 on: March 09, 2015, 02:19:51 pm »
which monitor does it have? I'm up in Edmonton and might be interested in a road trip for the right monitor.

boostinallovryou

« Reply #1054 on: March 09, 2015, 02:31:46 pm »
Sure feels good to be back and see people posting and working on their PGA cabs.  The weekday evenings are the times my wife allows me to "Go outside and play".  So can't wait to get off work, go home, and write some code.  Also just to give everybody a sense of hope on tournaments before I left I was able to start a tournament round, but I was stuck on the first hole.  As soon as I would finish the hole and should have gone to the second......it put me right back to the first.  So both leaderboards and playable tournaments are so so so close.  Don't give up hope.

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1055 on: March 09, 2015, 07:58:49 pm »
Great to hear the news boost can't wait for leaderboards and Tournaments would be awesome.

Hey Al great chop job. Now to get ur machine online you will need the latest version of the game Team challenge it seems your version is the Challenge one. Also you will need your card reader and a players card to create yourself as a player in the game and to register for online play. Please let me know what other info u need or problems your having? As it seems your challenge version is running ok from pics.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 08:12:24 am by Spitfire »

96p993

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 09, 2022, 01:26:37 pm
« Reply #1056 on: March 09, 2015, 10:11:16 pm »
Welcome back Boost!!!

alman

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1057 on: March 10, 2015, 11:56:01 am »
lilshawn

will take a few pics of monitor an post them, image is good, for its age, but think better to replace with plas or led , ,

WhompMaster

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1058 on: March 10, 2015, 12:41:34 pm »
How hard is it to use a LCD TV?  Do you have to add a different video card?  What about the driver install.  Is that pretty simple or anything tricky to it?

lilshawn

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1059 on: March 10, 2015, 03:09:36 pm »
PGA runs at a standard computer resolution (640 x 480). if your TV has a VGA input (as most LCD's do), it will accept the video signal without much issue. You may have to tweak the horizontal and vertical size in the TV menu to get the picture how you like it.

WhompMaster

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1060 on: March 10, 2015, 03:16:44 pm »
PGA runs at a standard computer resolution (640 x 480). if your TV has a VGA input (as most LCD's do), it will accept the video signal without much issue. You may have to tweak the horizontal and vertical size in the TV menu to get the picture how you like it.

Wow, I can't believe the resolution is so low.  In the game it looks pretty good.

It's also to bad they didn't continue to make these games to compete with Golden Tee

lilshawn

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1061 on: March 10, 2015, 03:34:46 pm »
the old CRT monitors "hide" a lot of the crimes of low resolution images. this is something to be aware of when blowing up the image to a 50 inch TV.

alman

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1062 on: March 10, 2015, 07:56:54 pm »
WhompMaster
no issues, jus hooked up the monitor to the pc/vga input on screen an  DONE
pic not the greatest, Iphone  suks, but  jus freakin awesome image !!!!

alman

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1063 on: March 10, 2015, 08:00:59 pm »
All,  took screen shots of hard drive files directories, , , found it even has Tiger woods golf on the drive !
Also added pics of SERVICE Screens, , ,  hopefully they will be able to help me get this unit running all the courses on the drive an hopefully tournament !!!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 08:07:56 pm by alman »

alman

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1064 on: March 10, 2015, 08:11:39 pm »
more pics of hard drive directory

WhompMaster

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1065 on: March 11, 2015, 05:31:08 am »
All,  took screen shots of hard drive files directories, , , found it even has Tiger woods golf on the drive !
Also added pics of SERVICE Screens, , ,  hopefully they will be able to help me get this unit running all the courses on the drive an hopefully tournament !!!

Ok, I'm just learning all I can before Summer gets here and I swap my PC, do the upgrade and install the Team Challenge.  All the VR options in the software, is this something you see during the setup or something you can pull up anytime to make changes?

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1066 on: March 11, 2015, 05:33:04 am »
Hi alman not sure if you have been living under a rock or you haven't bothered to read any of this forum or listen to anything we have been posting but our saviour Boost has already done all the hard work for all of us and we have now been able to get our team challenge machines online, we are able to play every course through world tour and soon Boost will have us playing Tounaments against each other and having leaderboards on the world tour courses. So unsure what your are really trying to achieve??  Just download the Patcher and follow the instructions to the holy grail mate. Ha ha
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 06:26:55 am by Spitfire »

WhompMaster

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1067 on: March 11, 2015, 03:16:40 pm »
It's starting to really warm up quickly here in SC!  I said I was going to clean out the garage once it warms up and work on a few arcade projects, including the PGA PC upgrade to a clientpro 545 (2GM ram & GeForce 6600) .  I think it's a Pentium 4 and not a dual core but I've heard it will run great.  Has anyone else on here upgraded to a duel core PC and had good luck with it or do you mostly stick to Pentium 4's?

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1068 on: March 15, 2015, 02:53:55 am »
Hey Boost just checking in mate wondering how things are going your end? Hopefully we will get some leaderboards in the near future? Let us know if you need us to do anything other than play Golf?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 05:04:09 pm by Spitfire »

boostinallovryou

« Reply #1069 on: March 25, 2015, 12:46:12 pm »
Hey Spitfire.  I'm a little slow getting out of the gates here.  Ended up spending a bunch of time prepping and selling some games.  Gives me more room to work on my PGA as I have two setups.  One is my development system where I screw things up all the time and the other is the test bench where I test on that before releasing to the server.  Now that I have some room I am ramping up.  Got one more game to sell though.  Oh and I found my email alerts aren't working for this thread so I need to update that so I am not so out of touch.  I feel like a slacker!

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1070 on: March 25, 2015, 11:11:49 pm »
Hey mate glad to hear you are getting yourself organised. Take all the time you need Boost as I think I speak for all of us here when I say we are just glad to see you back!! ;D

boostinallovryou

« Reply #1071 on: March 26, 2015, 04:12:34 pm »
Glad to be back and excited to get these leaderboards working.  It's gonna be so cool when one day very soon you guys have your machine call in and all of a sudden that leaderboard is filled with our names and scores.  Too bad I won't be able to see everybody's face when that happens.  But the holy grail is the tournaments :-)

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1072 on: March 28, 2015, 05:01:31 am »
Yes mate that would be a great day to see those leaderboards populate. Also Tounaments would just make the year for me and my Aussie mates. With you back Boost anything is possible and the future looks bright.

joepga

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 17, 2015, 03:41:16 pm
« Reply #1073 on: March 30, 2015, 06:36:12 pm »
Hey guys, I have PGA Tour Championship III arcade machine, which didn't come with install disks or anything, and still have Championship III Dongle... I ordered PGA Tour Team Challenge and obviously getting the invalid Dongle error... Is there a confirmed way to bypass this? I've looked at previous threads and tried everything that was suggested but still cannot get this to work.. Any Suggestions?

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1074 on: March 30, 2015, 11:56:52 pm »
Hi mate welcome firstly. I also have heard that people have been able to bypass the dongle call with a dongle emulator  however I have never done it personally. Where are you based as their might be someone you could buy a team challenge dongle off?

joepga

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1075 on: April 01, 2015, 01:27:05 pm »
Hi mate welcome firstly. I also have heard that people have been able to bypass the dongle call with a dongle emulator  however I have never done it personally. Where are you based as their might be someone you could buy a team challenge dongle off?

I'm from Chicago, IL,  I heard you definitely need the original Dongle in order for the emulator to work..

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1076 on: April 02, 2015, 07:21:11 am »
I might have a spare team challenge dongle laying around however I'm in Australia so might be easier if someone in the mighty USA has one for you. Can anyone help Joe out?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 08:09:17 pm by Spitfire »

stpcore

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 09, 2019, 05:48:56 pm
« Reply #1077 on: April 02, 2015, 02:08:17 pm »
The last Team Challenge dongle I got was from you, Spitfire!  I'm sending you a PM on something now...

I finally got my Team Challenge machine up and running and hope to get on the server this weekend.  Good times.
Offering commercial grade vinyl decal printing for cabinet side art, control panel overlays, monitor bezels, marquees, etc.

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1078 on: April 03, 2015, 03:05:47 am »
Umm that's right maybe I don't have one ha ha ha must be another version. I'll check n get back to you mate.

joepga

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1079 on: April 06, 2015, 07:42:18 pm »
So now, I got a hold of pga tour golf championship III install discs, and it's telling me I have an invalid dongle....  This is ridiculous..  I have a championship III single in there!