Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Poll

What version of PGA do you currently own?

PGA GOLF
6 (3.7%)
CHAMPIONSHIP I
6 (3.7%)
CHAMPIONSHIP II
3 (1.8%)
CHAMPIONSHIP III
20 (12.3%)
CHALLENGE
31 (19%)
TEAM CHALLENGE
54 (33.1%)
TEAM CHALLENGE w/ ALL ACCESS
28 (17.2%)
I DON'T OWN A VERSION BUT WOULD LIKE TO!
15 (9.2%)

Total Members Voted: 163

Author Topic: PGA Tour Golf by Global VR & EA Sports Owners Thread  (Read 536157 times)

Slimonce

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 15, 2022, 06:02:55 pm
Re: PGA Tour Golf by Global VR & EA Sports Owners Thread
« Reply #1000 on: January 27, 2015, 05:20:00 pm »
Sherm, I had the same issue w/ the debugger and gameface.  It worked itself out w/ the server but I think I helped.  I can't remember which I did first, but either create your player on your card, completely from the menu that has the driving range etc.  If that wasn't it, it was when I went to play world tour and picked use your own player.  One of those cured the error.  I also had the same issue your having w/ the server after unregistering and reregistering.  Boost had to help me fix that b/c I think the server was recognizing it as a duplicate, regardless of registration status.  Not sure if he fixed it for just me or for all.  Note to self, do not do service packs and do not unregister until Boost confirms.  Hope that helps!

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 05, 2023, 07:55:31 am
« Reply #1001 on: January 27, 2015, 06:39:04 pm »
Yep I agree with Jason if you are having issues Sherm you need to re install team challenge and start again. A proper install of the game will let you follow boosts instructions and get you back on the World Tour. You shouldn't have any real game face issues if game installs without any errors.

Jason I have never used an everlast pc with the game. I have only the original and the Dell gx260 working.

TheSherman8or

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 27, 2017, 08:52:01 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #1002 on: January 28, 2015, 08:45:22 pm »
So I used the restore disc then reinstalled the game still getting the same option in the connect screen asks me if I want to restore cabinet registration. Goes to 5% then 100% says successfully restored but shows failure in connection history.

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1003 on: January 29, 2015, 06:38:21 am »
I would be using the full install disks Sherm not the restore disc as it seems something is wrong with the game files. After a clean install with the game disks you should be able to run the patcher and get your machine registered again.

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1004 on: January 30, 2015, 07:05:08 am »
Boost! Boost! Why have you forsaken us? So close to leaderboards but yet so far. I could just about taste it. Please come back mate we can change!! ha ha ha

yukonblaze

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 16, 2023, 11:32:48 am
« Reply #1005 on: January 30, 2015, 07:51:10 am »
Hopefully Boost is just busy with life right now and not forsaken us.  Wish i had time to play some pga but life is just getting in the way for last 2 weeks.  I hope to get in a few good rounds on the old game this Sunday after camping with my son. 

Spit
You unlocked anything new recently??
Sherman
After after fresh install the game plays normally? You just cant connect with boost patch? Try boost earlier patch and can you still connect it internet before calling in?

Jason

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1006 on: January 30, 2015, 05:31:43 pm »
Nothing more unlocked unfortunately. I now have -18 or less on every course also ummm they are tricky little buggers to find aren't they.

TheSherman8or

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 27, 2017, 08:52:01 am
« Reply #1007 on: January 31, 2015, 05:17:56 pm »
Yeah I did a fresh install still same problem i will try earlier patcher. Been occupied with my new toy I got at auction an Ivan Stewart's Off Road arcade game.

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1008 on: January 31, 2015, 06:40:15 pm »
Never had any problems with a freah install of the normal version of team challenge and the latest patcher. As i have connect a few up now. The problems you are stating i only have ever experinces this on the Challenge version of the game which is not supported.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 03:59:03 am by Spitfire »

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1009 on: February 03, 2015, 06:19:15 am »
I'm now becoming very concerned about our saviour Boost. It's been nearly a full month now since we have heard anything from him people just don't disappear. Please boost come back and continue your great work life is just not the same without you.  :cry:  :hissy:
Hope to hear from you soon mate.

rspark

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 13, 2015, 12:22:45 pm
« Reply #1010 on: February 03, 2015, 05:05:08 pm »
Man it's strange not seeing Boost around.
All that excitement and progress and then nothing. :(

bbaker2824

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 25, 2016, 04:37:33 pm
« Reply #1011 on: February 04, 2015, 06:45:37 pm »
Dang. I've followed this thread for a long time and got really excited when I saw all the activity. I just signed up so I could post. Major bummer that everything was going so great and then stopped. I'm ready too play tournaments!

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1012 on: February 05, 2015, 06:01:23 am »
Yep we were so close but now it feels we are so far away. Can't imagine what could have happened to you Boost. I hope your ok mate and still alive and kicking buddy. Even if you are really busy mate or the dreaded Mrs has put an end to all the fun and games please post something to let us know your ok??!!  ???
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 06:24:04 am by Spitfire »

Loafmeister

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 08, 2020, 03:21:17 am
« Reply #1013 on: February 05, 2015, 11:53:08 am »
Patience is a virtue. He last posted 3 weeks ago and said real life stuff required his attention. In the grand scheme of things, 3 weeks isn't that long, so give him the time he needs.  Of course, with the best hope that all is ok Boost.

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1014 on: February 07, 2015, 06:52:12 pm »
On a different note shot -20 at Bethpage only only missed 1 put and didn't find any of the hidden skill shots. These babies are very hard to find. Urghhh :timebomb:

dahupshee

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 05, 2015, 07:54:05 pm
« Reply #1015 on: February 08, 2015, 12:14:50 am »
May have found a new item that I didn't see posted as of yet. Various colored golf balls for an eagle on hole 7 on the Turnberry Golf course-Ailsa.

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1016 on: February 08, 2015, 04:22:59 pm »
This is where I have found the skill shots so far most for Eagles or concecative Eagles very low total scores etc. however some are for bad play also double bogies etc. 
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 06:39:53 am by Spitfire »

gvdvyver

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 03, 2017, 08:35:35 am
« Reply #1017 on: February 10, 2015, 01:52:36 pm »
Hallo all

What a pleasure to find this form.

@Boostinallovryou- It looks like you have done some amazing work getting the PGA on-line. I am from South Africa and would love to join in the fun. I started playing the game long after it went offline. I have read that a couple of Ausies are joining to. I have kept them in my prayers for this coming Cricket world cup.  ;). Just kidding guys. I predict a SA vs AUS final.

Does any one have a Championship 3 edition dongle that i can buy?

Once again so happy to have found this form.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 03:50:16 pm by gvdvyver »

gvdvyver

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1018 on: February 10, 2015, 03:58:43 pm »
One more question:  Do you need a players card to unlock items, or must one use Boost's patch to do it?

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1019 on: February 11, 2015, 06:08:01 am »
Hi gvd glad you have joined us mate. I'm one of those Aussies that is now online and playing world tour and unlocking all those new items which is great. I am also very worried about Boost and hope that he returns soon.
To join in you need the latest patcher and a regular team challenge machine. No other machines will work at this stage and without boost there will be no way of getting them Working in the future. On the attract screen run the patcher in your cd rom drive and turn off and power up your machine again. Then go to the operators menu and register your machine using the 4 digit code option. Once registered force a call to the server and that's it. You should now be tournament enabled and online. Yes you will also need a players card and reader play World tour. Another thing make sure you turn of free play otherwise you won't be able to select world tour.
I hope this helps you and any one else trying to get online playing world tour with us. Thx Joe

gvdvyver

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1020 on: February 11, 2015, 08:46:28 am »
Thank you Spitfire.

I have the Team Challenge. Do I need to be connected to the internet the whole time if I want to play World Tour or only once to get the cabinet registered? Can I use the onboard LAN port?

I am hopefully getting a players card tonight. One on my friends might still have his.

You don't perhaps have a Championship 3 dongle? Thanks again

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1021 on: February 11, 2015, 07:21:46 pm »
Hey gvd you have to be connected to the Internet all the time mate to play world tour and yes you plug in using the LAN port at the back of machine. Make sure it is connected inside also to the lan port on the pc.

Yes I think I do have a challenge 3 dongle I think as I set up a system to run that version as it has pebble beach course on it. Its the only one I have so not really for sale but pm me if your desperate with an offer and who knows ha ha ha

stpcore

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 09, 2019, 05:48:56 pm
« Reply #1022 on: February 11, 2015, 07:46:55 pm »
I am hopefully getting a players card tonight. One on my friends might still have his.

You don't perhaps have a Championship 3 dongle? Thanks again

I have one last PGA Tour Golf Championship 3 dongle and a bunch of players cards if you still need them.  PM me if you still are searching for the dongle and we can work something out.
Offering commercial grade vinyl decal printing for cabinet side art, control panel overlays, monitor bezels, marquees, etc.

96p993

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 09, 2022, 01:26:37 pm
« Reply #1023 on: February 12, 2015, 09:37:09 pm »
Wondering if anyone that has done the Vizio screen change has figured out how to keep the tv on when turning on the cabinet...Mine turns on then shuts off and I have to manually turn it back on, not sure if there is an option Im missing in the options that will keep it on...

BOOST WHERE ARE YOU????

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1024 on: February 13, 2015, 09:57:16 pm »
So no luck at finding any more skill shots and still no closer to getting the leaderboards happening or the tournaments up and running which would add so much to the game.

So sad that Boost has disappeared!! I wish you would come back Boost as I'm starting to look at working on my virtual pinball again just to pass the time ha ha.  :timebomb:

yukonblaze

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1025 on: February 15, 2015, 04:17:55 pm »
Haven't been able to play do to work related injury. Can't wait to get back at it.
Jason

Bowana

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 18, 2016, 03:49:47 pm
« Reply #1026 on: February 17, 2015, 10:34:52 am »
I've wanted to do the Vizio swap but haven't been able to locate a Vizio here in Canada.

Wondering if anyone that has done the Vizio screen change has figured out how to keep the tv on when turning on the cabinet...Mine turns on then shuts off and I have to manually turn it back on, not sure if there is an option Im missing in the options that will keep it on...

BOOST WHERE ARE YOU????

yukonblaze

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1027 on: February 21, 2015, 12:44:02 pm »
Switched HD over to d diffrent pga computer, now says machine not registered. Any ideas before I deregulated machine.
Jason

yukonblaze

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1028 on: February 21, 2015, 03:53:36 pm »
Alright switched everything back into original computer and connects. I only have extra motherboard for other computer and wanted to have that as main pc, as had the pga game go down on kids bday party before so wanted a spare inside cab. Will do clean install on other pga cab and see if it connects.
Jason

stpcore

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1029 on: February 23, 2015, 08:20:36 pm »
Hey guys, I reached out to Boost via email and he is alive and well.  He appreciated everyone's concern. His regular job has had away from home for quite some time and he is just getting back to his family.  He should be checking in here at some point soon.
Offering commercial grade vinyl decal printing for cabinet side art, control panel overlays, monitor bezels, marquees, etc.

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1030 on: February 24, 2015, 03:46:41 am »
Hey guys, I reached out to Boost via email and he is alive and well.  He appreciated everyone's concern. His regular job has had away from home for quite some time and he is just getting back to his family.  He should be checking in here at some point soon.

That's the best news I've heard in ages!! Thx Ken for that update. Just happy to hear he is still alive and well and all is ok. Hope to see you Back soon Boost!!  :burgerking: :applaud: :notworthy:

yukonblaze

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1031 on: February 26, 2015, 11:25:20 am »
Glad to hear about Boost being alive!!!!  One thing I have been doing is trying to get multiple machines running and all of them have a little choppy/lag when using the bl32 motherboard.  I have upgrade CPU, more memory, and better graphics card.  I am going to test different power supplies tomorrow and also look for bad caps, does anyone else have a fix to choppy videos and sometimes game play?  Also have been trying to find the location of World Tour average as when you use your card in another computer it doesnt register.  I am assuming the call into the server was to update your states for when you went to another cab.
Jason

WhompMaster

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 07, 2015, 08:31:34 am
  • Love Classic Arcade Games!
« Reply #1032 on: February 28, 2015, 06:21:54 pm »
Hello guys!  I currently have a 2005 PGA Golf Challenge that, like most everybody else, I want to upgrade to a Team Challenge / All Access 27 courses.  I may need to talk to someone on here to get those disc but they don't seem to be as hard as finding the dongle.  I was reading through this forum and seen where people are playing this now without the dongle?  Can someone please post info about how to do this or PM me with some instructions.   ;)

Thanks!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 06:24:25 pm by WhompMaster »

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1033 on: March 01, 2015, 06:22:05 pm »
Hey Whompmaster welcome to the club mate. Unfortunately never went down the no dongle path but yes there are others who say the have their machines working with a dongle emulator. However what I can suggest is that you don't need the all access dongle anymore just the normal team challenge version. As this is what you need to follow boosts instruction and run the latest patcher on this normal treatment challenge and you will be able to play the World Tour which opens up all the courses with online play. I also have an all access pass machine which doesn't allow you to play world tour as the online call into server capabilities have been deleted.
Thx Joe

WhompMaster

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1034 on: March 01, 2015, 08:22:30 pm »
Hey Whompmaster welcome to the club mate. Unfortunately never went down the no dongle path but yes there are others who say the have their machines working with a dongle emulator. However what I can suggest is that you don't need the all access dongle anymore just the normal team challenge version. As this is what you need to follow boosts instruction and run the latest patcher on this normal treatment challenge and you will be able to play the World Tour which opens up all the courses with online play. I also have an all access pass machine which doesn't allow you to play world tour as the online call into server capabilities have been deleted.
Thx Joe

Hey Spitfire!

Thanks for the reply.  I was hoping I wasn't to new to get a response.   ;)  I actually bought my game about 5 years ago and I so wish I had of gotten into upgrading it a few years ago compared to doing it now.  I'm researching some things now and may do exactly what you said about upgrading to Team Challenge only.  Of course I will probably never play it online.  I don't even have home telephone anymore since we got our cell phones unless it has a Ethernet connection?

One option was to either buy a newer Optiplex PC and do the upgrade myself or maybe buy a PC already upgraded and software installed + dongle.  It all depends on who I run across and what deals I see.  I'll be looking to do something this spring or Summer time but also looking to buy another PC NOW.  Once I get that newer PC I'll really be digging into this process.   

I really look forward to going back to the beginning and reading this whole thread.  Most likely I'll do that over time once I do find another PC or software and dongle.  I still DO want the all access pass if possible but it seems very difficult to find.

I do have one question now that I'm thinking about it.  If I had another hard drive and did a install from scratch, does the PGA software also have the Windows Embedded on it?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 08:24:17 pm by WhompMaster »

stpcore

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1035 on: March 01, 2015, 09:22:56 pm »
Windows Embedded is on automatically installed on the first rescue/recoveryet CD.

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1036 on: March 02, 2015, 04:05:49 am »
Yes whomp the machines cone t via an Ethernet connection through your router hard wired or wireless however I haven't yet gone down the wireless path. Once online you have every course. I never play my all access anymore. Also when Boost finally get back onboard he wi have leaderboards running and online tournaments so I would be bothering to much with the all access path.

WhompMaster

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1037 on: March 02, 2015, 05:33:35 am »
Still not sure I'll do the online but on the other hand you just never know.  And I'll probably never really play 27 courses anyway but it would just be nice to have them.  More courses, more to pick from and better chance I'll find one I really love to play.

So, if AAP is 27 courses then how many courses comes with Team Challenge only? 

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1038 on: March 03, 2015, 04:53:41 am »
Normal team challenge when connected online with boosts patcher gives you 27 courses ha ha I dont think your listening very well Whomp without the online patcher I think around 11. However not to sure why you wouldn't wont to apply patcher and go online very simple.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 05:20:08 am by Spitfire »

WhompMaster

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1039 on: March 03, 2015, 05:23:52 am »
Normal team challenge when connected online with boosts patcher gives you 27 courses ha ha I dont think your listening very well Whomp without the online patcher I think around 11. However not to sure why you wouldn't wont to apply pat her and go online very simple.

No, I very well may do the online thing.  I just don't know enough about it and how it works.  I don't care very much about playing people online or anything more than just doing co-op with some friends against two computer players.