Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Poll

What version of PGA do you currently own?

PGA GOLF
6 (3.7%)
CHAMPIONSHIP I
6 (3.7%)
CHAMPIONSHIP II
3 (1.8%)
CHAMPIONSHIP III
20 (12.3%)
CHALLENGE
31 (19%)
TEAM CHALLENGE
54 (33.1%)
TEAM CHALLENGE w/ ALL ACCESS
28 (17.2%)
I DON'T OWN A VERSION BUT WOULD LIKE TO!
15 (9.2%)

Total Members Voted: 163

Author Topic: PGA Tour Golf by Global VR & EA Sports Owners Thread  (Read 534643 times)

stpcore

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 09, 2019, 05:48:56 pm
Re: PGA Tour Golf by Global VR & EA Sports Owners Thread
« Reply #800 on: December 27, 2014, 08:20:35 pm »
Hey guys...Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!

I wanted to apologize that I haven't been checking in as much due to a crazy work load, 2 kids (one on the way), and the busy holiday schedule.  I wanted to thank everyone for their contributions (especially Boost and Spitfire) as this is a huge jump in progress!

On a side note...I am looking for a stock PGA Tour Golf computer (any version) as I am currently without one (can you believe it?).  If anyone has one that they would like to sell would you kindly consider sending me a PM?  I would also be looking for the newer card reader (the version with the two LEDs on the front).  It's so funny that I started this thread so long ago and when everything is coming to a happy ending I find myself without a machine, LOL!!!!

If anyone is in need of a player card please send me a PM as I will send one to you for the cost of shipping.  I bought a bunch of these over the years waiting for a moment like this for the forum members!  Also, I do have dongles for several versions of PGA so if you are looking for one please let me know!  Finally, if anyone needs any custom artwork for their machines please let me know as I can help you with that as well.  I also have some NOS control panel overlays that are under plexi, Beta Brite LED tournament toppers, etc.  If I can help anyone complete their machine just send me a PM and I will be happy to get these items out to you!

Let's have some fun and I hope to be competing against all of you online very soon.

THANKS BOOST!!!
Offering commercial grade vinyl decal printing for cabinet side art, control panel overlays, monitor bezels, marquees, etc.

96p993

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 09, 2022, 01:26:37 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #801 on: December 27, 2014, 10:50:46 pm »
Ken let me know your gameplan on my artwork...Also might be interested in the NOS control panel overlays...

Shoot me an email

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 05, 2023, 07:55:31 am
« Reply #802 on: December 28, 2014, 02:58:13 am »
Hi boost has a new tournament been started as tried again to play but none available?

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #803 on: December 28, 2014, 03:45:32 am »
Also can anyone remember any of the hidden skill shots in the world tour part of the game? There are 2 per course and if you achieve them you will unlock player items you can use with your custom golfer.

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #804 on: December 28, 2014, 09:32:30 pm »
Hi STP glad to see ur alive and well mate. I have a few machines but being in Australia it would be very costly to send to you. The best thing is to use ur own advice and get urself a dell gx260 and install the game fresh that's what I have done a few times works great.

boostinallovryou

« Reply #805 on: December 28, 2014, 09:40:46 pm »
I'm glad to see this forum alive with activity!  Stp welcome back!  Hey i understand about family and obligations.   The only time i can code is after my daughter goes to bed.  A guy just posted a few days ago that he was going to part out a machine.   Check with him on the computer.

Spitfire i think i found a bug last night.  That i believe would be the reason you can't see the new tournament.  Because you are au and not us it is affecting you.  Working on a fix tonight.

Guess i better get back in my hole and keep working :-)

96p993

• Offline Offline
« Reply #806 on: December 28, 2014, 10:35:42 pm »
Spit check your PM

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #807 on: December 28, 2014, 10:45:41 pm »
Yeah just tried again now boost but says tournaments none available to play after inserting my player card. I'm sure you will get is Aussies in the tournaments soon Boost let me know when you want me to test buddy?

boostinallovryou

« Reply #808 on: December 29, 2014, 01:18:52 am »
I found the bug spitfire.  What a pain in the --I'm attempting to get by the auto-censor and should be beaten after I re-read the rules-- to find.  Now i need to code up the solution and test.  Probably be tomorrow.  Good news is the challenge machine started its tournament too.  So both can play together.  I think this bug is not just the aussie players though.  96, you dont see the nee tournament either do you??

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #809 on: December 29, 2014, 01:51:51 am »
Nice to hear you've found the problem. World tour is keeping me entertained while you fix it mate. If only I could find the hidden skill shots so I can unlock some new items for my golfer.

stpcore

• Offline Offline
« Reply #810 on: December 29, 2014, 09:06:24 am »
Hi STP glad to see ur alive and well mate. I have a few machines but being in Australia it would be very costly to send to you. The best thing is to use ur own advice and get urself a dell gx260 and install the game fresh that's what I have done a few times works great.

That is what I was going to do but I'm not sure if these machines have to be "stock" in order to communicate with the tournament server.  Do you have yours connected with your Dell?
Offering commercial grade vinyl decal printing for cabinet side art, control panel overlays, monitor bezels, marquees, etc.

boostinallovryou

« Reply #811 on: December 29, 2014, 09:55:31 am »
Stp, the machine itself has no bearing on server communication.  It can be stock or a Dell,  it doesnt matter.  If it is a dell just make sure you have the network driver installed.

stpcore

• Offline Offline
« Reply #812 on: December 29, 2014, 10:31:52 am »
Sounds good.

Boost, if you get time in when all of the bugs are sorted out would you mind doing an easy to follow step by step tutorial that would allow a machine to connect to the tournament server?  I would like to add that completed tutorial to the first page of this thread so that people that are dropping in can get up and running quickly versus trying to read 20 pages of info.  I'm looking to make my original first post an updated information area so we can summarize and get more people involved.  This would be VERY helpful when you have everything ironed out.

96p993

• Offline Offline
« Reply #813 on: December 29, 2014, 10:55:20 am »
Boost I go into challenge match, insert card, successful read, then go to the "choose your tournament" screen but it says no tournaments.

boostinallovryou

« Reply #814 on: December 29, 2014, 11:02:04 am »
Thanks 96, that is consistent with the bug i found.  I started fixing it last night.  New logic is going to be more robust.  Thanks for confirming, i appreciate it.

96p993

• Offline Offline
« Reply #815 on: December 29, 2014, 11:05:41 am »
I will be around most of the day...If you need anyone to jump on just let me know

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #816 on: December 29, 2014, 06:45:01 pm »
STP I have had both stock n dell machines talking to the server so no issue there mate.

dahupshee

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 05, 2015, 07:54:05 pm
« Reply #817 on: December 29, 2014, 06:47:50 pm »
Boost, whatever is easy for you is fine with me. Even if you want to skip the login stuff I can wait until you have a free card reader and join the tournaments then.

Hope everyone had a great Christmas. I'll definitely be playing some golf on New Year's eve with a few buddies. Maybe will get on a tournament??

boostinallovryou

« Reply #818 on: December 29, 2014, 10:34:20 pm »
Spitfire, need to confirm something.  You never played a round during tournament right?  Matter of fact nobody has played a round because of no tournament available or no card reader right?  I went to play a round and the session started, then ended immediately saying thanks for playing.  Hahaha.  Means something else needs to be populated.  Just wanted to make sure it wasn't just my challenge machine.

boostinallovryou

« Reply #819 on: December 29, 2014, 10:55:54 pm »
Holy s!!!!  I found the issue.  I found that when i create a tournament i actually have to provide playing conditions for each hole for each day!  Wind direction, speed, rain, fog, even pin placement on the green!  This game is awesome!!  But more work hahaha

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #820 on: December 30, 2014, 12:02:56 am »
Hi Boost never have played a tournament as stated previously never see any tournaments in the challenge match menu. Great to hear how many customisable sections there are in the game. Can't wait till you get these tournaments up and running.

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #821 on: December 30, 2014, 12:54:38 am »
Just shot 17 under or better with a 20 under in world tour and it unlocked a flower tattoo

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #822 on: December 30, 2014, 03:05:34 am »
Brings a whole new aspect to golf thx Boost
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 04:57:09 am by Spitfire »

yukonblaze

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 16, 2023, 11:32:48 am
« Reply #823 on: December 30, 2014, 08:24:29 am »
Spitfire,
  Was that unlocked when playing a tournament or just world tour?  This is what I have been waiting to unlock since getting my cab.  Since it stores on your player card, it has to be stored on the computer to write to card.  I am getting more excited about the thought of tournaments for all of us.  Can we start keeping a list of all the unlockables and how to obtain?
Thanks
Jason

boostinallovryou

« Reply #824 on: December 30, 2014, 11:19:23 am »
So I'm a bit frustrated with the tournament stuff right now.  After supplying a ton of data for playing conditions and weather forecasts i was able to launch a tournament round.  Now the game is stuck playing the first hole over and over.  Like that movie groundhog day.  When this happens the best thing for me to do is back away, clear my head, and go after it again.  It's pretty obvious from me playing and looking at the data that world tour leaderboards are going to be way way way simpler than tournaments and will give us the first taste of competition against each other.  So I'm going to back off, take a breather, and return in a week or so and get leaderboards going.   Not checking forums or anything until i return.  Next time you hear from me i will be releasing challenge and leaderboards.  See you all next year.

96p993

• Offline Offline
« Reply #825 on: December 30, 2014, 11:58:21 am »
Hey Boost, sorry this is getting a bit tedious, I think you have the right idea in backing off a bit. We all appreciate everything you have done and maybe a break is best. I hope you have a great New Years and we will see you on the flip side...

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #826 on: December 30, 2014, 04:51:22 pm »
Sad to hear Boost I have no doubt you will find the problem mate take ur time.  Yuko these items are unlocked in world tour. Each course has 2 unlockable items on it to find. I have posted the only 2 I have found so far. Yes If anyone else unlocks anything please post so we can keep a record.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 03:41:40 am by Spitfire »

yukonblaze

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 16, 2023, 11:32:48 am
« Reply #827 on: December 30, 2014, 07:15:44 pm »
Will I need to drop  my all access back to team challenge to access world tour?
Jason

Slimonce

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 15, 2022, 06:02:55 pm
« Reply #828 on: December 30, 2014, 09:39:23 pm »
So... I didn't realize I was not on wifi and tried to connect.  Tried my opererators card and it said it was not registered.  Once I had wifi again, I was able to use the operators card and actually name my joint, etc.  Pretty cool.  I'm getting error 5208 saying I can't get in and when I try again 5209 saying I'm already registered but need to be unregistered. Threw the disc back in and got the same thing.  Just thought it was pretty cool that the operarator card worked this time and opened more things! Just can't get back to online play.  Boost, take a break!!!  You're doing awesome things and just seeing little things like this is awesome!

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #829 on: December 31, 2014, 03:10:44 am »
Hey Yukon you must have normal team challenge as that has the registration section in the operators menus and all access doesn't so you re unable to register after using Boosts latest patch.

Slim the operators card is directing you to the old global Vr servers and is useless now. You need to run boosts latest patch unregister and register again following boost instructions to get back online and talking to his server.

96p993

• Offline Offline
« Reply #830 on: December 31, 2014, 11:15:52 am »
Hey all, while Boost is taking a well deserved sabbatical I was wondering if anyone had the Team Challenge disks I could use to put on a new computer. I have all the disks but this set, was hoping someone could help me out. I believe there are the install disks as well as a recovery disk, if you have all of them I would greatly appreciate your help.

Thanks

stpcore

• Offline Offline
« Reply #831 on: December 31, 2014, 03:59:11 pm »
Hey all, while Boost is taking a well deserved sabbatical I was wondering if anyone had the Team Challenge disks I could use to put on a new computer. I have all the disks but this set, was hoping someone could help me out. I believe there are the install disks as well as a recovery disk, if you have all of them I would greatly appreciate your help.

Thanks

I sent you a PM.

Slimonce

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 15, 2022, 06:02:55 pm
« Reply #832 on: December 31, 2014, 04:44:00 pm »
Hey Yukon you must have normal team challenge as that has the registration section in the operators menus and all access doesn't so you re unable to register after using Boosts latest patch.

Slim the operators card is directing you to the old global Vr servers and is useless now. You need to run boosts latest patch unregister and register again following boost instructions to get back online and talking to his server.

I'm using 3a.  I didn't see a more recent one.  Now getting error 5203.  Odd it was all working before.  Just wanted a little world tour action today!

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #833 on: December 31, 2014, 05:43:00 pm »
Not sure why ur having this problem. I would deregister run the patcher n try to register again. Make sure you are connected properly to the internet also.

hoppy38

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 16, 2015, 08:08:42 pm
« Reply #834 on: December 31, 2014, 05:55:11 pm »
Hey all!

Thanks for this thread!    Simply put, I have a Team Challenge with all access.   It was working, and the hard drive failed.  Unfortunately I do not have the recovery or program discs. 

I was wondering if anyone had an ISO image of them, or point me in the right direction.   I am eager to get this back up and running, and duffing my shots again!

Thank you for your time!

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #835 on: December 31, 2014, 08:08:42 pm »
Welcome hoppy glad you could join us. Unfortunately the all access version want allow u to join to Boosts server just yet only the normal team challenge version.  STP is ur best bet for disks as he had an ISO version of them so try PM. eventually our saviour Boost will have everything up and running and our world wide tournaments will be online and great. He is just on a well deserved Christmas new year break.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 03:06:19 am by Spitfire »

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #836 on: January 01, 2015, 09:37:37 pm »
So for anyone looking to install Pga team challenge from scratch. You need to run the system recovery disk first. Then once complete install the game disks follow on screen instructions and your done.

hoppy38

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 16, 2015, 08:08:42 pm
« Reply #837 on: January 01, 2015, 10:15:29 pm »

Spitfire,  Thank you for the warm welcome!    And thanks for the heads up in regards to the tourney, as well as the rest of the info.

STP, I would PM you (under the advisement of spitfire) , but when I click on your name, (which is where I would assume I would send a PM  from)  it opens another window giving me an error saying
 "You are not allowed to access this section"  Maybe its just me, and I am not looking in the right spots..   But if you see this, can you send me a message?

Again i thank you all for your time, and for sharing your knowledge!

PL1

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 08:58:46 am
  • Designated spam hunter
« Reply #838 on: January 01, 2015, 11:32:44 pm »
Hoppy38 -- Post a few more times and your PM system will auto enable.   :cheers:

IIRC, Saint has it set to switch on after 3-5 posts. (anti-spammer measure)

The icon is for PMs.   ;D

Scott
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 11:34:52 pm by PL1 »

boostinallovryou

« Reply #839 on: January 02, 2015, 11:18:19 am »
Happy new year everyone.  I wanted to have a few more days of vacation but my addiction to this server got the best of me :-)

I realized i must focus on one task at a time.  I can't juggle.  So i chose world tour leaderboards.  I have identified that four tables must be acquired off the cabinets and then i can construct and push the boards.  I again wont be posting much.  I will be behind the scenes collecting the data and writing the code.

What do i need you guys to do??  Simple....play world tour and keep your machines calling in so i can get your data :-)    In the next few days you will call in one day and the leaderboards will populate magically.  Then i will jump back on the forum.

Talk to you guys soon after I'm all done lurking.