Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Poll

What version of PGA do you currently own?

PGA GOLF
6 (3.7%)
CHAMPIONSHIP I
6 (3.7%)
CHAMPIONSHIP II
3 (1.8%)
CHAMPIONSHIP III
20 (12.3%)
CHALLENGE
31 (19%)
TEAM CHALLENGE
54 (33.1%)
TEAM CHALLENGE w/ ALL ACCESS
28 (17.2%)
I DON'T OWN A VERSION BUT WOULD LIKE TO!
15 (9.2%)

Total Members Voted: 163

Author Topic: PGA Tour Golf by Global VR & EA Sports Owners Thread  (Read 534524 times)

Sarver Systems

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 07, 2020, 12:46:05 am
Re: PGA Tour Golf by Global VR & EA Sports Owners Thread
« Reply #400 on: November 24, 2013, 05:06:58 pm »
So brought home the 4 CDs needed for reinstalling the software on a Team Challenge machine, for 2 reasons.

#1: I am having issues getting the software to install.
It'll do 1 of 2 things:
     A: When it gets to disc #2, it yells about the software being a different version, with options for continue, retry, abort. I am able to retry, through about 25 files, and then it prompts for disc 3 as expected. I know it is the correct disc because they are all original discs, with matching version numbers.
     B: It'll install all the way through with no errors, but when the game runs, at a random time (sometimes within minutes, sometimes an hour later) I get an error about it not being to read a file.
#2: I want to make backup copies of these CDs both onto another CD, on a DVD, and possibly to USB thumb drive.

Any suggestions?

ed12

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 31, 2018, 03:44:39 pm
  • it is what it is..."Nobody Said It Was Easy"....
« Reply #401 on: November 24, 2013, 07:47:15 pm »
i just copy them as iso's

ed
Shipping something from the U.S. to Canada for repair/exchange?  Please use USPS to avoid (additional?/excessive?) shipping charges.  PM me if you have any questions.

Sarver Systems

• Offline Offline
« Reply #402 on: November 24, 2013, 09:13:00 pm »
I was really hoping to use the USB drive to install from as well.

ed12

• Offline Offline
« Reply #403 on: November 24, 2013, 10:10:06 pm »
as a rule
the :normal: mobo's used do not support that type of loading
ie: boot from usb,u have to rember u are working with legacey here
now as i have stated..it is :NOT MOTHER BOARD DEPENDENT:,
so if want to swap mobo's go for gold....
if not iso is your best bet

ed
Shipping something from the U.S. to Canada for repair/exchange?  Please use USPS to avoid (additional?/excessive?) shipping charges.  PM me if you have any questions.

Sarver Systems

• Offline Offline
« Reply #404 on: November 25, 2013, 09:16:47 am »
So how about this then...

Boot from the CD to get the OS reloaded.
Then plop in the USB drive to do the last 3 discs?

I'm trying to eliminate the CDs as much as I can.

ed12

• Offline Offline
« Reply #405 on: November 25, 2013, 11:38:09 am »
put the complete o/s on a dvd
and use a dvd drive to load it with

ed

Sarver Systems

• Offline Offline
« Reply #406 on: November 25, 2013, 12:23:25 pm »
I wasn't wanting to put a DVD drive in it, but your reply made me think "Just hook one up temporarily!!!" Brilliant!!!

ed12

• Offline Offline
« Reply #407 on: November 25, 2013, 12:53:50 pm »
thats all i do
besides the fact dvd readers are a dime a dozen now
and burners are like 27.00..for me atleast up here in the great white north
i am sure u can get them for cheaper.
your olny real investment
will be for the burner..handy as u get to keep it.
just make sure all of the drives read the -x right
and burn at that speed -x
btw make sure u are writting a bootable dvd
ie:boot track

ed

laurend

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 28, 2013, 12:11:43 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #408 on: November 27, 2013, 10:36:16 pm »
HI!  I am trying to help a friend.  He had a Team Challenge DFI Computer with a PS35-BL MB.  MB went bad and he found a Used Computer on Ebay (Gobal VR EA Sports PGA Tour Team Challenge All Access Computer PC All 27 courses).  It came with the dongel but not the Nytric input/out put card.  Got the replacement tower in yesterday.   Put in the Nytric Card from the old Tower and now he is trying to hook it back up.  It will boot up, but sometimes will say 'no player card reader', which we have plugged in but do not use.  or we will get a message about the usb io card.  Any ideas on what we need to do.  I can't tell if we need to get a different io card or not.  Please help!!!!  Thank you so very much!!!!!

This is the link to what he bought -  http://www.ebay.com/itm/301011159552?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

ed12

• Offline Offline
« Reply #409 on: November 27, 2013, 11:00:00 pm »
i will go through this 1 more time
u do not need the 4-1 usb card to plug in the i/o card
just take it to the main usb on the mobo
it is all it need's,now the older cards do need a power feed from the putters power supply,u will see the normal 4 pin hook up for it at the top of the card..
next the player card problem could be 2 fold
but u can just inqoure it because the reader is getting flakey :or the usb:
second just hit start button it will by-pass the test
in the game set up mode u :can: turn that feature off
now with all that said make sure the usb's on the main mobo are working right..
which u can test real time with a mouse or a keyboard >mouse is best<

here is what happens,if u have not read it all ?
these boards are legacey,they tend to get strange.,as i have stated the
game is not MOTHER BOARD DEPENDET olny the video card..
but that walk around is now well posted
they are also windows >xp:e:<
that is limted drivers loaded
u may need to load in drivers manual.,.dll/.ocx etc..windows system32 and windows system

ed

laurend

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 28, 2013, 12:11:43 am
« Reply #410 on: November 27, 2013, 11:19:40 pm »
Sorry for making you repeat yourself.  I have been trying to read all the posts in this thread, but there are sooooo many.  I am thinking we are missing something.  There is the dongel, power cord, usb kb & usb card reader.  Nothing else.  We plugged in the kb and card reader into the mb and the usb pigtail - no difference.  Also, tried to bypass the message with the start button - nothing happened.  I will re-read all your posts and play with it some more tomorrow.  Thanks again for your in-put! :)

----
Based on the info I have given you, do you think the Nytric IO Card we have will work with this system?  Wasn't sure if we had to get the conversion card.  Thanks again
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 11:24:33 pm by laurend »

ed12

• Offline Offline
« Reply #411 on: November 28, 2013, 12:02:17 am »
laurend
none taken :)
the 2 threads are a biatch to keep up with,i know ..
but do filter out the clutter
stpcore got on to it real fast,what i was stating,that is
now lose the mouse and keyboard..it is a stand alone game.
before u do this make dang sure your usb ports are all there
1,2,3,4 or how however many the mobo has ? and are working right..:do not load drivers at this point..
on the back of the tower use them 1's there should be 2
they hook straight to the mobo.
the ones  on board usb's are >usb1<,the 4-1 port makes it  >usb1-usb2<
but it often becomes un-glued in windows >xpe< thus causing u a boat load of grief.
as far  to it not answering the :start: command
make sure if it is a older nitric board that the 4 pin header is plugged in..:most important:,then chk the cab wiring,
also well u are under the hood as it said chk all fans,every last 1 of them.i can not say that enough..also make sure if your video card has a fan that it is working ?
as it will cause u a boat load of problems as u just stated
if it dose not 1 >stick 1 on it<,
and hope for the best..
as 4800's are a very far and in few between
hence the original thread.
the other problems are walk arounds

ed

stpcore

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 09, 2019, 05:48:56 pm
« Reply #412 on: December 03, 2013, 02:37:04 pm »
HI!  I am trying to help a friend.  He had a Team Challenge DFI Computer with a PS35-BL MB.  MB went bad and he found a Used Computer on Ebay (Gobal VR EA Sports PGA Tour Team Challenge All Access Computer PC All 27 courses).  It came with the dongel but not the Nytric input/out put card.  Got the replacement tower in yesterday.   Put in the Nytric Card from the old Tower and now he is trying to hook it back up.  It will boot up, but sometimes will say 'no player card reader', which we have plugged in but do not use.  or we will get a message about the usb io card.  Any ideas on what we need to do.  I can't tell if we need to get a different io card or not.  Please help!!!!  Thank you so very much!!!!!

This is the link to what he bought -  http://www.ebay.com/itm/301011159552?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

If your only problem is the card reader error I would do one of two things.  One-Just hit start and be done with it.  Two-get one of the more recent card readers that have the LED lights on them.  The reason I say this is because I have 6 of the older card readers and although they are recognized by device manager NONE of them are recognized in PGA Tour Golf Team Challenge (with or without All Access).  However, every single card reader that has the LED lights on the front has worked flawlessly.  Unfortunately those readers are not as easy to find but you will see them come up for sale on occasion.

If your friend likes building custom golfers I would recommend installing a PC version of Tiger Woods PGA Tour Golf as it gives you extensive player options (from game face, to clothing and accessories, to golf clubs and equipment, etc.).  Since it saves everything to your computer hard drive no card readers are necessary and you can start a career mode which allows you to build your skills on a tournament by tournament basis.  Saving a golfer to your computer is nice if you have multiple friends playing on your machine since they don't need a player card and it will save ALL of their individual stats and records (players card on PGA Tour Golf does not do this).
Offering commercial grade vinyl decal printing for cabinet side art, control panel overlays, monitor bezels, marquees, etc.

stpcore

• Offline Offline
« Reply #413 on: December 03, 2013, 02:42:39 pm »
Just an update regarding the TIGER WOODS PGA TOUR GOLF PC versions.  The 2006 version is working nicely but I don't recommend the 2005 version as it's not as similar as our PGA Tour Golf arcade machines.  Next I will order 2007 and 2008 and see how they play.  From the bit of research I've done it seems that 2008 may be the last playable version with a trackball.  I will update again soon.

Tiger Woods PGA Tour Golf (PC Version) 2005  *Supports trackball but NOT RECOMMENDED*
Tiger Woods PGA Tour Golf (PC Version) 2006  *Supports trackball with similar graphics to PGA Tour Golf Team Challenge RECOMMENDED*
Tiger Woods PGA Tour Golf (PC Version) 2007  *TBD*
Tiger Woods PGA Tour Golf (PC Version) 2008  *TBD*
Offering commercial grade vinyl decal printing for cabinet side art, control panel overlays, monitor bezels, marquees, etc.

flyer92292

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 06, 2013, 01:26:08 am
« Reply #414 on: December 05, 2013, 12:47:27 am »
Hi everybody recently came into a pga championship III edition and it was working as recently as last week as it started to load today it came up with a
"disk boot failure, Insert system disk a press enter" Im not very good at fixing problems yet since im pretty young have limited experience in the arcade world and was wondering what i can do to get back to being able to play.

stpcore

• Offline Offline
« Reply #415 on: December 05, 2013, 09:22:24 am »
That's a pretty familiar screen, lol.  When the computer starts how many beeps are you getting?  If you moved the machine recently something may have become loose or unseated such as ram, video card, hard drive, etc.  I've fixed that problem in the past by doing any one of a number of things including reseating the ram, reseating/replacing the battery on the mother board, replacing the power supply, reseating/replacing the video card, replacing the hard drive etc.  With that being said, the beep code (number of beeps you hear as the computer starts) may be able to help pinpoint the problem versus having to try to take each step blind.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 01:04:36 pm by stpcore »

ed12

• Offline Offline
« Reply #416 on: December 05, 2013, 12:47:20 pm »
yes everything stpcore says
but i would foucs on the cmos batt.
as your screen is telling me it cannot find its boot partition

ed

Sarver Systems

• Offline Offline
« Reply #417 on: December 05, 2013, 02:35:34 pm »
From my MANY years of PC experience, but limited experience of arcades, I would say you have a dead hard drive, or a loose cable going to the hard drive.

However, by all means, please follow the adive of the others here as well, they are worth every cent!

ed12

• Offline Offline
« Reply #418 on: December 05, 2013, 03:39:02 pm »
well i thought the same thing..dead drive
but at the same time i know the bios batt will also cause this error.
with that aside,the drive can be slaved and chked in another putter just as fast..
if the unit will not detect the cdrom ?
it tells u the bios is not right,as i have never seen the ide interface fail to date

ed

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 11:47:13 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
« Reply #419 on: December 05, 2013, 08:14:50 pm »
well it has got to the point where it's loading the OS, so the POST has passed... everything is all good there.

taking a look at the photo above, there is no drive detection. (reads none,none,cdrom,none)

you have a bad connection on the harddrives data cable... where it plugs into the harddrive, where it plugs to the motherboard, or a bad power connection.

if those are in good order, the drive has toasted.

ed12

• Offline Offline
« Reply #420 on: December 05, 2013, 08:34:04 pm »
ya the board is passing its crc chks
reason i am pointed to the cmos is if it fails
it will not know what drive to look for no matter what
on the other hand,u as i said can slave the drive in another comp. to see if it is toast

ed

Sarver Systems

• Offline Offline
« Reply #421 on: December 05, 2013, 11:43:10 pm »
Do you have a jumper on the drive to tell it Master/Slave/CS?

flyer92292

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 06, 2013, 01:26:08 am
« Reply #422 on: December 06, 2013, 12:36:34 am »
Hey guys just wanted to say thanks for the input i reseatted a few things then got to the harddrive and when i touched the connector it practically fell out lol needless to say everythings back and running well again but one more question i was wondering if its possible to change what the header says. Just thought it would be cool to make it say something instead of weird things lol

stpcore

• Offline Offline
« Reply #423 on: December 06, 2013, 12:18:20 pm »
If you have the correct connector for your Beta Brite topper and connect it to your computer it will display game stats during game play for Challenge and Team Challenge. Not sure if it does for Championship III or not. It's annoying watching the advertising sign advertise for itself, lol.

Sarver Systems

• Offline Offline
« Reply #424 on: December 06, 2013, 02:04:57 pm »
Can that sign be used for anything else?
Or programmed by any other games or computer?

stpcore

• Offline Offline
« Reply #425 on: December 06, 2013, 02:29:56 pm »
There is a free program or two that will allow you to tinker with the sign display. It's available online. Google search Beta Brite Software or similar to find it.

stpcore

• Offline Offline
« Reply #426 on: December 06, 2013, 02:32:49 pm »
I have a few of these PGA Beta Brite sign toppers and I'm looking into making them into live sports ticker (update scores and news) displays by streaming an RSS feed through a computer and to the sign. In theory it should work but I haven't begun to attempt this yet.

lilshawn

• Offline Offline
« Reply #427 on: December 06, 2013, 02:34:42 pm »
i found some software someplace that did just that. i'll have to see if I can find out what it was.

edit:

also i'm lazy

http://www.remote-control.net/software/ledsign/

stpcore

• Offline Offline
« Reply #428 on: December 06, 2013, 08:58:23 pm »
i found some software someplace that did just that. i'll have to see if I can find out what it was.

edit:

also i'm lazy

http://www.remote-control.net/software/ledsign/

Hey man...perfect. I will try that out soon. Did you get a chance to test out the software? Thanks for the link.

stpcore

• Offline Offline
« Reply #429 on: December 19, 2013, 04:14:37 pm »
Would anybody be able to help me out.  I am doing a Team Challenge install and I cannot find my Rescue CD for the life of me.  I know it's here but I recently moved my office from upstairs to downstairs and it has to be in one of about 50 boxes.  If someone has time to upload an iso to dropbox I would be very appreciative of your efforts and would be happy to help you with whatever I can.  It can be the Rescue/Recovery CD for Challenge or Team Challenge (US edition).

I hope that everyone has a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

lilshawn

• Offline Offline
« Reply #430 on: December 19, 2013, 09:26:08 pm »
the rescue disk was the os install wasn't it? i have 4 ISO's on dropbox already but i sort of half ass labeled them.

Sent a PM to you anyways...
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 09:32:50 pm by lilshawn »

ed12

• Offline Offline
« Reply #431 on: December 19, 2013, 09:46:40 pm »
stpcore needs the usa 1...there is olny 2 rev's i know of
where we share 4

ed

yukonblaze

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 16, 2023, 11:32:48 am
« Reply #432 on: January 01, 2014, 01:36:17 pm »
Recently noted that when playing All Access the announcers don't announce every player at first tee. Started to search hd and found an extensive library of commentary in a folder. Any idea of location or .ini for settings to adjust commentary to include all files in the folder.  Also installed geforce 5200 as it is listed in the driver notes without problem. Still didn't resolve the stutter on the attract screen.
Thanks
Jason

stpcore

• Offline Offline
« Reply #433 on: January 01, 2014, 07:34:29 pm »
The installs I have done on a couple Dell towers did not have any stutter during attract mode or game play which is nice.

lilshawn

• Offline Offline
« Reply #434 on: January 01, 2014, 08:26:44 pm »
stuttering could be a  low memory issue or overheating CPU (windows swaps to HD causing lag or the CPU does a thermal throttle causing the lag)

a rotten videocard will cause it too. check the caps and cooling.

pull the CPU cooler and reapply the thermal interface. make sure the heatsink makes good square contact.

ed12

• Offline Offline
« Reply #435 on: January 01, 2014, 09:02:47 pm »
well i was gonna chime in and say the ram also
if the old video card crapped out ?
time for some ram

ed

yukonblaze

• Offline Offline
« Reply #436 on: January 02, 2014, 07:48:52 am »
Does it on 2 differen video card. 1.5 g ram but will pull it one  by one and see if it helps. Will also reapply thermal paste but only does it on attract video. 

yukonblaze

• Offline Offline
« Reply #437 on: January 02, 2014, 07:50:59 am »
Does any know if the commentary announces every playable golfer at first tee.  Mine isnt announcing everyone.

dtreidjr

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 03, 2014, 12:52:09 am
« Reply #438 on: January 03, 2014, 12:47:47 am »
The installs I have done on a couple Dell towers did not have any stutter during attract mode or game play which is nice.

Hi there.  Sorry for the hijack here but I saw the work you've done and was wondering how to get ahold of you to buy one of the machines you've built.  My name is Dan Reid and I was the PGA Tour Championship National champion.  They put me all over the machine ads and gave me my own player.  I had a machine but when Global shut down their support of the machines, I gave my machine to a local vendor.  Anyway, I'd be interested in buying one to have in my new house. 

Looks like you've done some incredible work!
Dan
dtreidjr@aol.com

ed12

• Offline Offline
« Reply #439 on: January 03, 2014, 01:30:21 am »
hey stpcore
thats impersive

Dan Reid

he is in the player list

ed