Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Poll

What version of PGA do you currently own?

PGA GOLF
6 (3.7%)
CHAMPIONSHIP I
6 (3.7%)
CHAMPIONSHIP II
3 (1.8%)
CHAMPIONSHIP III
20 (12.3%)
CHALLENGE
31 (19%)
TEAM CHALLENGE
54 (33.1%)
TEAM CHALLENGE w/ ALL ACCESS
28 (17.2%)
I DON'T OWN A VERSION BUT WOULD LIKE TO!
15 (9.2%)

Total Members Voted: 163

Author Topic: PGA Tour Golf by Global VR & EA Sports Owners Thread  (Read 538027 times)

ed12

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 31, 2018, 03:44:39 pm
  • it is what it is..."Nobody Said It Was Easy"....
Re: PGA Tour Golf by Global VR & EA Sports Owners Thread
« Reply #200 on: May 19, 2013, 03:04:55 pm »
u can not take credit away from where it is not due
the time line is easy
gobal vr came up with the pga
at the same time ran into $$$ trouble's
so they let the eng team of pga go,they are fully disbanded
and ea sport's bought into them under the stamp they get to put there name on it
the true coding team was/is gobal vr

ed
Shipping something from the U.S. to Canada for repair/exchange?  Please use USPS to avoid (additional?/excessive?) shipping charges.  PM me if you have any questions.

stpcore

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 09, 2019, 05:48:56 pm
« Reply #201 on: May 19, 2013, 03:10:13 pm »
Please post pics when you do this. I have seen a widescreen monitor in the PGA cab and I wasn't thrilled. I guess the 4:3 format spoiled me. The game I saw had a black bezel, so that could have added to my dissatisfaction.

I know where you are coming from but in every scenario where I saw someone use an LCD on these things they have always been a 26" and it just looks way to small in my opinion.  The black bezel surrounding a 26" widescreen LCD makes it look lost and out of place in an original cabinet.  The 29" on the other hand will fill more much more realestate and a decorative bezel should help to make it look seemless.  I can change the design, color, layout, etc. of the bezel as I did all of the design work on this one.
Offering commercial grade vinyl decal printing for cabinet side art, control panel overlays, monitor bezels, marquees, etc.

stpcore

• Offline Offline
« Reply #202 on: May 19, 2013, 03:12:55 pm »
u can not take credit away from where it is not due
the time line is easy
gobal vr came up with the pga
at the same time ran into $$$ trouble's
so they let the eng team of pga go,they are fully disbanded
and ea sport's bought into them under the stamp they get to put there name on it
the true coding team was/is gobal vr

ed

I thought the PGA Tour Golf arcade was a port from the Tiger Woods Golf game engine from EA Sports?  So EA Sports didn't create this game and allow Global VR to code it over for arcade usage?
Offering commercial grade vinyl decal printing for cabinet side art, control panel overlays, monitor bezels, marquees, etc.

ed12

• Offline Offline
« Reply #203 on: May 19, 2013, 06:38:03 pm »
ea never had a thing to do with it >code<
tiger wood's is in all course's,just not invoked.
the reason for this is the time line i spoke of
and ea soprt's did not to pay tiger wood's :right's:
so it was turned off
i do believe the olny thing missing is his picture
if u try to invoke tiger wood's
it will give u 3 error's
1=not a vaild course
2=not a vaild avatar
3=not vaild sound

ed
Shipping something from the U.S. to Canada for repair/exchange?  Please use USPS to avoid (additional?/excessive?) shipping charges.  PM me if you have any questions.

stpcore

• Offline Offline
« Reply #204 on: May 19, 2013, 07:19:51 pm »
You can substitute Tiger Woods in place of any other golfer in the game if you really want to play as Tiger.

ed12

• Offline Offline
« Reply #205 on: May 19, 2013, 08:14:34 pm »
yup yup
thats 100 % correct
it is his course's of that time,that i am refering to
much like the tiger wood's hack u can d/l from a ftp site

ed

stpcore

• Offline Offline
« Reply #206 on: May 20, 2013, 02:03:37 pm »
I placed a call to Global VR Tech Support today to ask about current video card replacements for PGA Tour Golf and thought I would remind everyone of this (per Global VR Tech Support)...

Game versions PGA Tour Golf through PGA Tour Golf Championship III all run on the 4200 video card.  Challenge, Team Challenge, and Team Challenge with All Access will run on the 4200 but will also support the 6600 video card.  I ordered a 6600 (256 MB) video card today with a DVI to HDMI cable to see if I can install the 6600 in a Team Challenge STOCK (not modified) machine and get it to output to HDMI to an HDTV.  Curious if this will work and if there will be any difference in picture quality.  Anyone try this as of yet?

Just thought I would share!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 02:11:05 pm by stpcore »

ed12

• Offline Offline
« Reply #207 on: May 20, 2013, 02:09:00 pm »
yes 6600 will work
and u should get a disk to load with it
the disk is written by nivida for pga

ed

stpcore

• Offline Offline
« Reply #208 on: May 20, 2013, 02:10:39 pm »
I don't think it's coming with a disk.  I was hoping that it was going to be plug and play if it's supported on a stock machine.  Do you think I will be able to get HD displayed with this card via the DVI to HDMI on my LCD?

ed12

• Offline Offline
« Reply #209 on: May 20, 2013, 02:55:09 pm »
well to start with
i would be super suprised if it did not come with a support disk.
as no where in the pga is there support for 6600
unless nivida hard coded it into the card's on board bios ?

as to the dvi
if the card has it navtive on an output then there is no reason it would not support it

ed

stpcore

• Offline Offline
« Reply #210 on: May 20, 2013, 03:06:11 pm »
Right now when I change the resolution (using SVGA cable) to anything other than 800x600 in the SETTINGS menu it will not fill the screen (stays square versus 16:9) with the 4200.  What resolution are you setting your machines to when outputting to LCD, Ed?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 04:25:48 pm by stpcore »

ed12

• Offline Offline
« Reply #211 on: May 20, 2013, 03:50:34 pm »
i will chk my setting's in the morning
as i will be with the boss..we have business to go over
will get back to

ed

Midcoastsurf

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 02, 2020, 11:19:14 am
  • I want to build my own bartop
« Reply #212 on: May 21, 2013, 07:45:28 pm »
Please post pics when you do this. I have seen a widescreen monitor in the PGA cab and I wasn't thrilled. I guess the 4:3 format spoiled me. The game I saw had a black bezel, so that could have added to my dissatisfaction.

I know where you are coming from but in every scenario where I saw someone use an LCD on these things they have always been a 26" and it just looks way to small in my opinion.  The black bezel surrounding a 26" widescreen LCD makes it look lost and out of place in an original cabinet.  The 29" on the other hand will fill more much more realestate and a decorative bezel should help to make it look seemless.  I can change the design, color, layout, etc. of the bezel as I did all of the design work on this one.

You are correct, I was thinking of a 26" which had a thick border on the sides of the LCD.

stpcore

• Offline Offline
« Reply #213 on: May 22, 2013, 10:04:20 am »
Try that 29" Vizio Razor.  If the dimensions are accurate it should fit in there like a glove and I think it would look really sharp!

ed12

• Offline Offline
« Reply #214 on: May 22, 2013, 01:58:55 pm »
stpcore
we use a rickn display
it takes care of everything from it's controler board

ed

stpcore

• Offline Offline
« Reply #215 on: May 22, 2013, 02:07:28 pm »
That makes sense.  Those are nice displays but a little smaller and pricier than what I'm dealing with for home use.  Thanks for the follow up.

ed12

• Offline Offline
« Reply #216 on: May 22, 2013, 03:01:55 pm »
np
there called lcd:x: meaning there multi mode compatiable
it is the white tearing for the exact reason i went to :x: mode unit's
home unit's just do not have the stuff

ed

stpcore

• Offline Offline
« Reply #217 on: May 22, 2013, 03:04:50 pm »

Here is a quick rendering of a 26" widescreen LCD versus a 29" widescreen LCD in a PGA cabinet.  I think the 29" is a much better fit.

stpcore

• Offline Offline
Dell Optiplex and PGA Tour Golf
« Reply #218 on: May 31, 2013, 02:37:27 pm »
I thought I would ask for some advice here as I'm stuck.  I have a Dell Optiplex GX260 that I am converting to a PGA Tour Golf computer.  After installing the new hard drive, a TI4200 video card, and an I/O board the game is up and running.  The problem I am having is that the trackball is not working in the game menu or in the service control test menu.  I find this strange because all of the buttons are working but the trackball is dead.  I thought it may have been the I/O board but after replacing it with another I am having the exact same issue.

The interesting part was that after my first attempt to get the game running in the Optiplex I could not get past any of the attract modes without the game freezing and I did not have any audio.  After updating the audio drivers in the Dell the game is working fine and has audio but the trackball is not being recognized.  I then used the same wire harness and buttons on a stock PGA computer (instead of the Dell) and everything functions properly (buttons and trackball).

So I'm wondering if there is another driver that needs to be installed on the Dell so that the trackball will function with the I/O board?  Has anyone ran into similar issues?  I can say this...the Dell Optiplex with 512MB RAM runs this game SO MUCH MORE SMOOTHLY than my stock DFI PGA computer does that has 1GB of RAM.  No skipping, freezing, or stuttering in attract mode at all.  Can't test the actual game play yet until I get the trackball to work (if possible).

Finally, the 6600 video card that I ordered should arrive today.  I was told by Global VR that it will run PGA Challenge, Team Challenge, and/or Team Challenge with All Access.  I'm going to swap out the TI4200 and see if it is plug and play and if there is a noticeable difference in performance.  I will report back on that one.

ed12

• Offline Offline
« Reply #219 on: May 31, 2013, 03:47:08 pm »
i know this sound's as bad as what it get's
but the track ball need's a dc feed
red wire edit here +5v
measure it to ground
make sure u have +dc

side note here
yes u get a up-date disk

the 6 pin molex carry's
1-vcc
2=ground
3=left
4=right
5=up
6=down

that is NOT THERE EXACT ORDER
but u get the point

ed

stpcore

• Offline Offline
« Reply #220 on: May 31, 2013, 04:17:45 pm »
Why does the same trackball and wire harness work on the stock PGA computer and not the Dell?  If it works on the stock PGA does that not mean that it is powered and wired correctly already?  Not sure if you are suggesting that I need additional wiring due to the Dell setup?

ed12

• Offline Offline
« Reply #221 on: May 31, 2013, 04:52:31 pm »
ok fair enough
got that from the post here.
 do u have the i/o hooked up ? to the 4 pin power supply plug on board ?
if not u may not be powering the track-ball,hence the reason i asked u to meter it.

pin out's
i/o card pin # 2 = yellow/white (1b) track ball 3
i/o card pin #20 = green/white (1a) track ball 4
i/o card pin #7 = red or red white track ball 2 (=5 vdc)
i/o card pin #18 = black = ground = track ball pin #1
i/o card pin #4 =blue/white (2b)
i/o card pin #22 = 22 voilet/white (2a)

the right side is your 6 pin moulex

chk your vcc

ed

stpcore

• Offline Offline
« Reply #222 on: May 31, 2013, 06:18:11 pm »
Received the 6600 256MB video card today and the slots don't line up for it to be seated within the computer.  Oh well!

ed12

• Offline Offline
« Reply #223 on: May 31, 2013, 09:08:18 pm »
6600 is a pci:e:
slot is backward's

ed

stpcore

• Offline Offline
« Reply #224 on: May 31, 2013, 09:41:08 pm »
Wondering why Global VR told me it was compatible? There are some PGA games I see being sold that have a 6600 card. Does anyone know if there is a way to make this card compatible with my current set up?

ed12

• Offline Offline
« Reply #225 on: May 31, 2013, 09:53:59 pm »
the last build for pga used pci:e: card slot
your board may be a pci :1:
the way to tell is where is the slot :knotch: in the card ?
looking from the hdmi/svga side of the card
is it foward? or toward's the back ?
if foward it is a pci:e: card
which work's perfect with the last rev of there board's
same as a 4200/4800 will

side note for u ppl
skw # pga-05-aw-02 = right side art work
^^^^^^^^^^^  01 = left  side art work
^^^^^^^^^^^ 14 = control panel art work
it is ordered by this name >profile overlay<

ed

stpcore

• Offline Offline
« Reply #226 on: June 01, 2013, 12:34:24 am »
Where can you currently use those sku #s to order cabinet art, Ed? I haven't seen cabinet art for sale in quite a long time.

ed12

• Offline Offline
« Reply #227 on: June 01, 2013, 12:49:47 am »
phone # 734-432-1040
there in  north usa
and in stock

the number's came right out of gobal vr today

side not: here to u stpcore
u sould get a pm from a @ looking for your dropbox addy

side note here
if your board has >sata< on it?
it will will be ice :e: which is pci >2<
the first gen's were non sata  pci >1<

the reason they swapped out is because the origanl mfg stopped making the mobo
and a few other dozen reason's $$$$$

ed

stpcore

• Offline Offline
« Reply #228 on: June 01, 2013, 12:59:08 am »
I don't see them on their website yet. What are the prices? Any links you can provide?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 09:44:20 am by stpcore »

stpcore

• Offline Offline
« Reply #229 on: June 01, 2013, 01:02:34 am »
Still looking for the newer style card reader (with the 2 LEDs on the front) for PGA if anyone has extras they would like to sell.  This was the model number I believe... SCR28I- S033U

Can't get the original Xico card readers to work with Team Challenge on any of my computers and have given up on trying.

ed12

• Offline Offline
« Reply #230 on: June 01, 2013, 02:02:46 pm »
hi
i shaould have explained to u that when they go south like that
it is the atmel at fault..
let me see where i put the .bin of good 1
if u can rewrite it ?.which is not hard..
u use a little program called > pony prog<,and a serial port
all it dose is rewrite the flash of the unit,
normaly what happen's is the mobo's power supply goe's south,and surge's the usb ports's

will get back to on the bin

ed

stpcore

• Offline Offline
« Reply #231 on: June 01, 2013, 03:12:07 pm »
Ed, thanks for the offer and the effort but I would not have any idea on how to do that.  At this point I just want to buy some working card readers.

ed12

• Offline Offline
« Reply #232 on: June 01, 2013, 03:19:48 pm »
its ok
thought i would thorw it out there as a option.
do yourself a fav..do not worrie about the led's
what u want is a usb driven style reader,and not the serial type :9pin-din:
for a 10 cent chip and 2 buck's worth of code they want way to much money
imho..
hence why i tossed in pony-prog,it's a very very handy program
as u do not need to remove the chip,to reflash it with good code

ed

Slimonce

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 15, 2022, 06:02:55 pm
« Reply #233 on: June 01, 2013, 05:21:44 pm »
If anyone has the card reader w the LEDs on the front, could you please take a peek and see if you can get any make/model #s?  I managed to find an operators card and would love to see what it does for us. Having same issue as stp. Not recognizing old card reader on team challenge.

ed12

• Offline Offline
« Reply #234 on: June 01, 2013, 06:57:04 pm »
the problem
is not nessarly the reader but the flash
and as i have been trying to point out
it is coded to nixturix
your i/o card
so in short the card needs to beable to see the reader
and visa/versa
like a dallas chip the flash on the reader's can and will go south
but u can reflash
as i have pointed out in this thread and my own
take the reader and hook it up to a xp box or 7 erither will do
see if it see's it ? if it dose the flash has gone south
reflash and save the $$$

ed

stpcore

• Offline Offline
« Reply #235 on: June 02, 2013, 02:54:41 pm »
All of my cards are recognized in XP.  I can also see tham as a HID (Human Interface Device) in XPE on my PGA computer in Device Manager.  I would be open to attempting to reflash.  If anyone can point out a very simple tutorial to do so and also provide the software that is needed that would be great.

ed12

• Offline Offline
« Reply #236 on: June 02, 2013, 03:31:55 pm »
here
let me see if i can dig the bin up u need

ed

ed12

• Offline Offline
« Reply #237 on: June 02, 2013, 03:35:59 pm »
to use it is as simple as it get's
4 wire's off of a db9
u lift 2 pin's and tie right to them + a ground wire and vcc if needed
then u mount the program,dump the flash/reflash/away u go

will post the exact pinout and ins set

ed

stpcore

• Offline Offline
« Reply #238 on: June 04, 2013, 01:31:50 pm »
Nice little update here if you are looking at upgrading to a different tower...

So I was able to successfully install and play PGA Tour Golf Team Challenge with ALL ACCESS PASS on a Dell Optiplex GX280!  I wanted to try the GX280 due to the fact that I bought that 6600 video card that was PCI-E and did not fit in my stock PGA tower.  Well the 6600 card is in the GX280 now and it was, in fact, plug and play without any installation CD or drivers that needed to be installed or updated!  I did not use the SATA HD connector on the GX280 but rather used an IDE drive in there with the upgarded 6600 256mb video card and 512 ram and the machine plays like a dream!  You will also need to use your old I/O board to connect the controls.  I did have to install the sound driver and that took about 2 minutes and I'm good to go!

So I have now successfully installed PGA on the Dell Optiplex GX260 and the Optiplex GX280.

Just thought I would share.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 01:39:56 pm by stpcore »

ed12

• Offline Offline
« Reply #239 on: June 04, 2013, 01:43:34 pm »
congrads stpcore  :applaud:
glad to see it did not need a driver disk as i thought it would..my bawd
now  u can ram it up to 2 gig..and watch it fly

ed