Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Poll

What version of PGA do you currently own?

PGA GOLF
6 (3.7%)
CHAMPIONSHIP I
6 (3.7%)
CHAMPIONSHIP II
3 (1.8%)
CHAMPIONSHIP III
20 (12.3%)
CHALLENGE
31 (19%)
TEAM CHALLENGE
54 (33.1%)
TEAM CHALLENGE w/ ALL ACCESS
28 (17.2%)
I DON'T OWN A VERSION BUT WOULD LIKE TO!
15 (9.2%)

Total Members Voted: 163

Author Topic: PGA Tour Golf by Global VR & EA Sports Owners Thread  (Read 534830 times)

TimBoch

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 14, 2024, 11:41:34 am
  • Be the Ball.
Re: PGA Tour Golf by Global VR & EA Sports Owners Thread
« Reply #1920 on: February 21, 2016, 05:46:32 pm »
Hi Tim once you take the dongle out and then do a modem test and it comes up as unregistered I would suggest you put your dongle back in and do another modem test to make sure that ur dongle has been rewritten as unregistered as per what is seen in the machines settings screen. To be sure I would also play a round of golf with the dongle still in as it needs to write this new unregistered information to the dongle.

It seems that the machine is showing it as unregistered but your not putting the dongle in the machine after this or not allowing the new unregistered state to be written to the dongle. Try as explained and hopefully it will work. Good luck!!

Boost SERVER DOWN MATE SERVER DOWN!!! Ha ha ha HELP US OBI ONE YOUR OUR ONLY HOPE!!!  :banghead:
Thanks for your continued help Joe. Only thing I hadn't tried to do was to try and play a game after unregistering.  Here is a different thought I have.  The TC online hard drive that is registered and functional has an option to unregister the cabinet. Does it need to connect to the server (boosts Private Server) in order to unregister the cabinet?  I figure if it unregisters, couldn't I then run the AAP patch and convert my TC (boost) online hard drive into an AAP version and leave it unregistered?  I could then, when we are all back to online play hopefully, then run Boosts patcher04 on my newly installed  hard drive that won't let me install AAP on it.

Just thinking. Figure the main reason I bought the AAP disks and dongle was to always have a cabinet that allowed play of all courses. That wasn't needed while we were able to play the World Tour. But as for now, that is unavailable and I should have an AAP option that works.

Sure miss seeing Boost right now.  :-[

Bev

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 02, 2018, 12:29:42 pm
  • Clueless, but love buying games and trying tofix
« Reply #1921 on: February 21, 2016, 11:02:02 pm »
I'm with ya! I updated my PGA TOUR CHALLENGE, (have the install disc and dongle if you need), with the goal to play online with lot's more courses. Please excuse my ignorance but is Boost the only way to get back online for tournament play?  :soapbox: I'm ready to beat some scores out there!!!!!       

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 05, 2023, 07:55:31 am
« Reply #1922 on: February 21, 2016, 11:12:09 pm »
Hey Tim you are using the same dongle for both versions and its your registered dongle that is the problem. So somehow as described you have to wipe that registration info off your dongle. Yes the way you suggested could work also I guess.

BEV unfortunately Boost has a private server which allows us to call into and play online as he has coded this to work as if you were calling Global Vr back in the day of online play. So unless someone is smart enough to do what Boost has done and run their own server we are at a stand still until he returns!! We should look to mirror his server someone when he returns just I case this happens again.

BOOST BOOST PLEASE COME BACK!! Ha ha ha

Bev

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1923 on: February 21, 2016, 11:44:33 pm »
Gotcha thanks man! Oh well, I guess please come back BOOST is in order then!

TimBoch

• Offline Offline
  • Be the Ball.
« Reply #1924 on: February 22, 2016, 11:21:44 am »
Well I couldn't unregister my Boost online setup because it tries to connect to the server to do it.  Guess I'm stuck over a barrel trying to install my AAP on a separate hard drive. 
 :-[

radgame

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 06, 2022, 03:10:13 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #1925 on: February 22, 2016, 06:28:14 pm »
Hello. I'm another damn newbie, sorry. I just got my first Challenge game. It was completely dead when I got it. I took the computer out and reseated all the cables and cards. Now it is running, the monitor is dead but I will deal with that latter. When I turned the computer on it would not show anything about Global VR. I found the three disks in a bag and decided to try them. 1 of 1 and 1 of 2 load fine. disk 2 of 2 goes to 62% and then shows Component transfer error. When I hit enter it shows "the wrong volume is in the drive" and doesn't do anything else. Have tried this a couple times and this is as far as it gets. This seems like a good group, I hope you can help. I have read alot of the posts but didn't find anything. The dongle says PGA Challenge. I have some pictures but don't know where to post them.
Thanks Radgame.

digdug3030

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 30, 2016, 08:35:04 pm
  • LetsBuildItThenWreckIt!
« Reply #1926 on: February 22, 2016, 07:12:09 pm »
New here and still getting used to forum. I just picked up a sweet PGA Tour Golf Team Challenge machine. looks to be a dedicated machine with little use. A bar closed down and moved all amusements to storage. upon doing so they tilted it sideways and broke monitor neck. I have since powered up and everything works, coin mechs,bill acceptor,card reader,card dispenser,marquee,led team challenge sign,etc. I have a few other arcades and grabbed a 25 in VGA monitor from my NARC cabinet and started playing some golf!!! not a bad score for 100 bucks! even still loaded with chipped cards from global VR! I got ten holes in before power flickered and tower restarted. I then air dusted everything with my compressor. Played another 8 holes, same thing...restart. tried playing driving range, 3 shots,flicker,thanks for playing... And now it just goes through startup,loads PGA screen with please wait on it, gets to "refreshing course menus" then right before "hercules patch" it powers down......I am an old school arcade guy and only know Macs, so this is a new thing for me. Im thinking power supply??? I say ASAP... AlwaysStartAtPower. any ideas or???? Also I am excited to get this thing online as I have players cards for myself and compadres!!! I am in the Seattle area and would love to find a new tube for the chasis as it is in perfect shape, but if I have to go flatscreen VGA it is what it is..... If anybody knows a tube source from seattle/portland lemmy know!!! Anyways happy to be part of the gang!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 10:35:30 pm by digdug3030 »
982y3956928ty fhgbjk

Kilahill

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 25, 2016, 03:12:03 pm
  • Modifying my already modified modifications
« Reply #1927 on: February 23, 2016, 12:18:03 am »
Hey, I do have another question...

I've read some people talking about dongle dumps.  So, if one of you were to send me the file, what would I do with it?  Where would I put it?

Would be nice to not have to spend $250 to $500 to try a different version of PGA Tour.

Thanks,

Tim

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1928 on: February 23, 2016, 12:44:42 am »
Well I couldn't unregister my Boost online setup because it tries to connect to the server to do it.  Guess I'm stuck over a barrel trying to install my AAP on a separate hard drive. 
 :-[
Hey Tim seems you having some bad luck as we all are with our saviour Boost disappearing again. I hope he returns soon. I would try the dongle emulator approach mate to get your AAP running from scratch while We wait for boost to return as he will I have no doubt!! All good things take time.

Hi Radgane welcome to our family. It seems that your challenge disks have flown south. I have some challenge iso files that I can link you in my Dropbox for you to try them out and see how you go. Pm your email address and I'll send you the link.

Hey digdug welcome to the family. Yes most probably ur power supply but I would make sure ur fans are running and it's not over heating. Also I would reseat the ram into a different slot and also reseat the graphics card before I change the power supply. Even change the ram. If that fails change away.

Kilahill Tim don't go spending any money on any dongles as the community has now by passed the dongles using a dongle emulator for every version of the game. I personally haven't had the need for it but it works and there are extensive instructional a out their on what you need to do. If you are on face book go to our Pga golf page and their are links to a instructional video and dongle dumps that you need.

And to finish BOOST WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN US!!! CHUCK PLEASE RISE FROM THE DEAD AND SAVE OUR SOULS!!!!  Ha ha ha  :censored:
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 01:22:48 am by Spitfire »

Kilahill

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 25, 2016, 03:12:03 pm
  • Modifying my already modified modifications
« Reply #1929 on: February 23, 2016, 01:19:53 pm »
Ok, I found the facebook page (still waiting to be approved), and downloaded the two files for the dongle.

But, I cannot find link(s) for ISO downloads.  My eyes are killing me from reading page after page on this forum... lol

Thanks,

Tim
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 03:14:17 pm by Kilahill »

Bev

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1930 on: February 23, 2016, 11:11:50 pm »
Hey Dig Dug I'm in Camas and I know there is a guy on CL in Tacoma posting lots of monitors for sale, not sure if they are the right fit but might check there. My computer started doing that same problem and I ended up taking it to a computer shop after trying everything you did. They "reset my memory" and all is good now, EXCEPT I CAN'T PLAY ONLINE please boost come back I beg you....... :dizzy:   

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1931 on: February 24, 2016, 04:54:27 am »
So something not ---smurfing--- right first Cant pm Boost now his membership boostinallovryou is no longer there!! I think he has been silenced!!! Disaster!! His email address no longer working either. Very worried about you Chuck!!

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 11:47:13 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
« Reply #1932 on: February 24, 2016, 08:22:54 am »
Illuminati confirmed.

TimBoch

• Offline Offline
  • Be the Ball.
« Reply #1933 on: February 24, 2016, 10:31:57 am »
It definitely is not us ;)

yukonblaze

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 16, 2023, 11:32:48 am
« Reply #1934 on: February 24, 2016, 04:22:37 pm »
Digdug
  Could be a number of things, but just start with the power supply and go from there.  I had a machine that would shut off because of faulty video card.  Just had my cab shut down because hdd cable was loose.  Try reseating each thing first and go frrom there.

Killahill
  Dumps are getting there but the hard part is getting the correct dongle with correct software.    All-access/Team Challenge is dumped and working without problems.  I am trying to get each version of PGA dumped with correct dongle but locating software that is correct version has been my kryptonite.

Spitfire
  Do you have a number of different disk for install?  I am trying to locate PGA Tour orig and Champ 1, as the version I think I got from dropbox says my dongle is invalid.  Each version of Champ i, ii, and iii all had at least 2 dongles. 1 before tourney and 1 after tourney.

Thanks
Jason

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1935 on: February 24, 2016, 06:04:52 pm »
Hey Jason,

I'll take a look what I have. Don't think I have any early versions before championship 3 as like playing pebble beach.

Bev

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1936 on: February 24, 2016, 08:01:18 pm »
I've seen all the incredible high scores from this group, isn't there someone on here who knows how to start their own tournament server dealllyy like Boost did? I'm computer dumb so no clue, there has got to be a process out there we could find and follow, if it costs a bit sure we could chip in a little between us to maintain?  :applaud:

Jakerod13

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:28:20 pm
« Reply #1937 on: February 24, 2016, 11:24:53 pm »
New to the forum.  I am picking up a team challenge tomorrow.  What is the timeline of all of the different versions of the PGA arcades?
Thanks

lilshawn

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1938 on: February 25, 2016, 10:13:14 am »
team challenge was the last one

PGA championship I
PGA championship II
PGA championship III
PGA Challenge Edition
PGA Team Challenge

also... just noticed service documents on global's service page are up again after being down for the longest time, get them and archive them while you still can.

http://service.globalvr.com/golf.asp

digdug3030

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1939 on: February 26, 2016, 05:45:43 am »
I am a happy camper... After reseating all cables and switching memory slots, still no luck. I ordered a brand new power supply,ATX-1140h with an outlet, from a government surplus of them taken from an Eastman alarm. Even has a nice LED lit fan! $17.00 later and my team challenge is working flawlessly. I was worried because the power supply I ordered with an outlet has the same part number but is lacking the -5v... hooked it up and it loaded faster than it had been before restarting. Also, anybody ever use the S-Video output off video card??? I have a line on a free flatscreen TV but no VGA. It has S-Video and I noticed when switching power supply that we have S-vid on the video card outputs...
982y3956928ty fhgbjk

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1940 on: February 26, 2016, 06:02:13 am »
Great to hear you have it working mate

Robbiedav

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 01, 2016, 04:17:46 pm
« Reply #1941 on: February 26, 2016, 09:05:28 pm »
Hello all. Newbie here from Missouri, picking up a PGA Tour Golf Challenge next week.
Plan on reading through all the 49 pages of information but had a quick question about the screen. I notice that the screen is very light but also the colors are pastel, anyone else experienced this very light screen thing.
Also looking at what it would take to update to the team challenge, or is it worth it? I'm not familiar with the series and am hoping to find the differences in the sea of information here.

Robbiedav

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 01, 2016, 04:17:46 pm
« Reply #1942 on: February 26, 2016, 11:13:48 pm »
My machine has a card reader. Advice on getting a card so I can build my own guy?

digdug3030

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1943 on: February 26, 2016, 11:40:38 pm »
Hell to the Yeah! I'm a golfin' fool now, even more than I was before! But if anyone has any feedback on S-VIDEO output chime on in...Also if anyone needs a monitor chasis for the original monitor I have one to part with and a bunch of GoldenTee crap, PCBs update discs control panel trackballs etc...
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 11:44:31 pm by digdug3030 »
982y3956928ty fhgbjk

ed12

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 31, 2018, 03:44:39 pm
  • it is what it is..."Nobody Said It Was Easy"....
« Reply #1944 on: February 26, 2016, 11:51:26 pm »
lets see where boost has gone first...
if not i will look at adding a sub net channel

ed
Shipping something from the U.S. to Canada for repair/exchange?  Please use USPS to avoid (additional?/excessive?) shipping charges.  PM me if you have any questions.

fir3b0x

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 18, 2023, 10:26:30 pm
« Reply #1945 on: February 27, 2016, 02:25:55 am »

We should look to mirror his server someone when he returns just I case this happens again.

A good idea, and would be happy to help out if possible. The method of "patching" would need to be looked at though, as it configures you machine to look for Boost's server IP, and not a mirror.

Has anyone had any luck with replacement PC's for their machines? From what I can see, the Dell Optiplex GX620's will do the trick, if you can actually get hold of them.

Has anyone had any luck with other models? I'm looking at to plug in a pci express video card, so the older gx260 and gx280 won't be suitable.

Cheers.

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1946 on: February 28, 2016, 01:57:15 am »
Not looking good at Boost returning. I PMed Saint he he said that Boost deleted his own profile and there was no reason he could see for him to do so.  With his email address also deleted it seems like he doesn't want to be contacted anytime soon?? Very strange for him though considering my dealing with him in the past. He always said he may disappear at times due to work and family but he will always return and it's not a matter of if it will get done its when. 

Hey Fir3b0x I have the dell gx260 running my game but never tried the 680 but did see somewhere someone using one.

Digdug never used the svideo on any of my versions but I can't see why it wouldn't work. Give it a go and report back. Should automatically detect the svideo cable plugged in.

Robbie welcome to the family mate. ebay would be ur best bet for these cards mate.
With your screen colour there are a few options firstly in the operators menu their is a a gamma option that you can adjust that can brighten up or down ur screen. If you have a wells Gardner digital screen these have a whole heap of colour options directly from their monitor board which has 4 buttons to access its menu and red green blue colour which you can adjust to correct colour. It has a degauss button which I would also use and it also has a special hidden factory menu which I have used to fix many a so called broken monitor.

Ed glad to see ur still alive mate. Online play has been so good while it lasted Thanks to Boost let's hope he is ok and returns soon.

ed12

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1947 on: February 28, 2016, 10:58:16 am »
thk-u spitfire
i do keep an eye on thing's,but i truly think u have done a fine job.congrad's :applaud: :applaud:

well let's hope boost is ok and did not suffer the same (ea) crap i had to go through.

ed
Shipping something from the U.S. to Canada for repair/exchange?  Please use USPS to avoid (additional?/excessive?) shipping charges.  PM me if you have any questions.

edowen55

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 02, 2016, 09:38:54 pm
« Reply #1948 on: February 28, 2016, 02:00:05 pm »
I've been away for a bit, seems like things aren't looking so good with Boost and the server. 

I guess I'll start working on getting a hard drive with All Access and an emulator up and running.

Jakerod13

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1949 on: February 28, 2016, 05:05:31 pm »
Ok guys, I just set up my PGA TC that was delivered to me yesterday.  The previous owner took the computer out while he was transporting it.  I think I have everything connected correctly but after it boots up I get a "no players card reader" press start to continue.  I press start and nothing happens.  I guess I don't have everything plugged in correctly.  Any advice or a pic of how you have all of your cables connected to the computer.  Thanks

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1950 on: February 28, 2016, 11:12:31 pm »
Hi Jake welcome mate. Firstly do you have a card reader? Secondly sounds like your controls are not plugged in properly. Make sure your I/o board has power and your controls lpt plug is in properly and make sure the usb cable is running from it into a usb slot on the PC.

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1951 on: February 29, 2016, 06:13:56 am »
thk-u spitfire
i do keep an eye on thing's,but i truly think u have done a fine job.congrad's :applaud: :applaud:

well let's hope boost is ok and did not suffer the same (ea) crap i had to go through.

ed
How's your server going ed? Still running? And if so can we all play too??  ;D

Jakerod13

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1952 on: February 29, 2016, 04:14:12 pm »
Spitfire, thanks for the reply.
Yes, my machine does have a card reader.  Not sure if I have it hooked up right though. 

My I/o board does have power.  But there must be something else going on because when I press start to continue, nothing happens.  Do you or anyone else have any pics of the computer hooked up so I can compare?

Thanks

Jakerod13

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1953 on: February 29, 2016, 05:25:04 pm »
It looks like my USB port on the right side might be messed up.  The little black piece that goes in it was missing and I found it in the bottom of the cabinet.  This might be why I have no controls.  I'm going to try and slide it back in the slot to see if that might work.  On your sub ports, is the black piece on the right or left of the slot? (Left usb) thanks

Also, if it is a usb issue, how hard is it to get a replace the sub for the mother board?

Jakerod13

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1954 on: February 29, 2016, 08:28:11 pm »
So after looking more closely, I'm pretty sure my right USB port is messed up. The left one looks good. Does it matter which USB port I connect to form the I/o board?

lilshawn

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1955 on: February 29, 2016, 08:52:15 pm »
your board may have some additional ports inside you can link to as well... IO board should work in any port.

get something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/StarTech-Motherboard-4-Pin-Header-USBMBADAPT/dp/B000IV6S9S

Jakerod13

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1956 on: February 29, 2016, 09:43:33 pm »
I plugged it into another port and it worked  :).  I'm loving this machine.  On a separate note, how do you turn the volume down?

lilshawn

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1957 on: February 29, 2016, 09:59:43 pm »
my specific cabinet had an amp inside the coin door mounted next to the button. i just adjusted the volume right there.

that could have been something added before we go it or something specific to that series of cabinet though.

ed12

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1958 on: February 29, 2016, 10:19:56 pm »
some conversion cabs came with a amp like your talking about shawn
some came with it on a sep i/o board that took track ball and panel inputs

ed

Jakerod13

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1959 on: February 29, 2016, 10:25:20 pm »
Thanks for the answers.  Unfortunately my coin door is locked and the previous owner lost the key, I'm going to call a locksmith tomorrow to get the door unlocked.  Hopefully then I will have access to the operator button as well so I can calibrate the track ball.