Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Poll

What version of PGA do you currently own?

PGA GOLF
6 (3.7%)
CHAMPIONSHIP I
6 (3.7%)
CHAMPIONSHIP II
3 (1.8%)
CHAMPIONSHIP III
20 (12.3%)
CHALLENGE
31 (19%)
TEAM CHALLENGE
54 (33.1%)
TEAM CHALLENGE w/ ALL ACCESS
28 (17.2%)
I DON'T OWN A VERSION BUT WOULD LIKE TO!
15 (9.2%)

Total Members Voted: 163

Author Topic: PGA Tour Golf by Global VR & EA Sports Owners Thread  (Read 528663 times)

Pokey

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 14, 2018, 10:45:17 pm
  • I love my arcade machines!!!
Re: PGA Tour Golf by Global VR & EA Sports Owners Thread
« Reply #120 on: March 28, 2013, 11:32:03 pm »
Thanks for the quick response fellas.  I did modify the marquee to fit an older style (PGA Tour) display so there is less room than what was in the original marquee cabinet I pulled it out of (much narrower & less room for airflow).  It looks pretty good.  Check out the pic below and let me know what you think...  Also, when I boot the game, if I let it sit in attract mode for a few minutes, a menu pops up stating the game will reboot in X amount of seconds and if I let it go, it will automatically reboot itself once and then will not do it again until I reset the power.  I'm wondering if the original owner did something when uploading the software or added this "reboot" somewhere in one of the menu's?  It's kind of annoying but something I could live with if I have to.  Figured someone may know of an easy fix?  Thanks again guys!

ed12

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 31, 2018, 03:44:39 pm
  • it is what it is..."Nobody Said It Was Easy"....
« Reply #121 on: March 28, 2013, 11:40:10 pm »
the time is out
that is the normal problem with that error

>Also, when I boot the game, if I let it sit in attract mode for a few minutes, a menu pops up stating the game will reboot in X amount of seconds and if I let it go, it will automatically reboot itself once and then will not do it again until I reset the power.  I'm wondering if the original owner did something when uploading the software or added this "reboot" somewhere in one of the menu's?  It's kind of annoying but something I could live with if I have to.  Figured someone may know of an easy fix?  Thanks again guys!<

or it is looking for something in the :game: setup menu
which u can access through your setup menu button

ed

Shipping something from the U.S. to Canada for repair/exchange?  Please use USPS to avoid (additional?/excessive?) shipping charges.  PM me if you have any questions.

dirt

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 24, 2023, 11:06:57 pm
« Reply #122 on: March 29, 2013, 12:42:39 am »
Hey Ed whats the word on my tower? It never showed up and you never responded on your pga thread.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

WANTED: NINTENDO CABINETS WORKING OR NOT

stpcore

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 09, 2019, 05:48:56 pm
« Reply #123 on: April 01, 2013, 11:40:55 am »
Some of you may remember a while back that I hacked an old PGA cabinet and made it into a pedestal style cabinet by removing the top portion.  That pedestal had found a new home and I was without a working machine for a few weeks.  So I went ahead and made a prototype pedestal cabinet from scratch this time around using some 3/4" MDF and 3/4" birch plywood I had laying around.  By doing this from scratch I was able to substantially reduce the amount of depth (the footprint) of the cabinet.  I still have to slot it for T-molding, give it some paint, etc. but I wanted to show you the progress up until now. 

I used the prototype custom control panel that I designed for my brother to demonstrate the pedestal cabinet.  I also have some accent lighting on the bottom which makes it look great in the dark.  This was just a practice build and is a little rough but after doing this I have a better understanding as to how I will want the final pedestal cabinet to be constructed.  Here are a few pics to show you where I am at at this point...

Offering commercial grade vinyl decal printing for cabinet side art, control panel overlays, monitor bezels, marquees, etc.

dirt

• Offline Offline
« Reply #124 on: April 01, 2013, 11:56:41 am »
Very, very nice!!

stpcore

• Offline Offline
« Reply #125 on: April 01, 2013, 12:31:41 pm »
Thanks, dirt.  It was fun to build.  Can't wait to make some changes/tweaks and build another one this week.  It's very convenient to be able to move this pedestal base around to different rooms or even in the garage if I want to.  Not so easy with a full sized cabinet but that's just my personal preference.
Offering commercial grade vinyl decal printing for cabinet side art, control panel overlays, monitor bezels, marquees, etc.

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 05, 2023, 07:55:31 am
« Reply #126 on: April 04, 2013, 06:42:03 pm »
Hi Pokey,
My all access machine resets the same way thought it was normal??? Ummm does anyone else have this happen and is there a fix in the setup menu?

Hey Ed any chance of giving Dirt his PGA PC back mate?? I could have picked it up from Australia by now mate. Let the man play some golf!!!

Thx
Spitfire

timjgar

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 01, 2015, 04:28:08 am
  • Always fixing something
« Reply #127 on: April 05, 2013, 09:44:40 am »
Hello everyone,

I got a Global VR PGA tour cabinet about a year ago with a bad motherboard.  I'd like to get it running, but the restore disks I have are bad, and or they aren't for the dongle that was included.  The dongle says Championship Edition I, and I have 4 cds.  Disk

Disk 1 "Disks works, but windows goes to blue screen of death during boot"
Labeled: Emergency recovery disk
Version: 9.7.2002
Operating System: XP
Computer: DFI
Machine: PGA Tour Golf

Disk 2 "Disk doesn't install, it fails halfway through image load:
Labeled: System Disk 1 of 1
Golf PC REV.B 1/28/2003

Disk 3, 4 "I can get these two disk to load overtop of Windows XP pro, but get Missing Dongle Screen"
Labeled: Game Disk 1 of 2, and 2 of 2
PGA Tour Golf
Version: 1.2
Part # 050-9993-01 Rev Green

Does anyone know what CD's should go with the Championship Edition I dongle.  Or is there something special that makes the software see the dongle.  I've tried changing all the possible bios settings for the LPT port, but no change. 

The original DFI computer had a bad motherboard, so I am using another computer.  When  I first installed the hard drive into my donor computers cabinet it was asking for a disk that had P3.sys or something like that.  I wasn't able to locate it on any of the cd's I had, so I tried to use the disk label system disk, but it failed. I then tried the Emergency recovery disk, but then I was getting the blue screen of death.  I'm not sure if it's because the motherboard is different or not.  I then loaded XP pro, and loaded Game Disks 1 and 2. The game installs, but after the system reboots the screen says " Dongle key is missing".

Does anyone know if this is the correct software for my dongle, or if the dongle could have been reprogrammed for another edition?
Does anyone have the correct software? 

Thanks for any help

ed12

• Offline Offline
« Reply #128 on: April 05, 2013, 01:02:27 pm »
hi
stpcore i am sorry if this sound's like a hijack

spitfire that box has shipped 2-x
this time 3-x it went through my boss
as i am on the home land security no no list >look me up<
everything i try to ship into that great land called usa is refused
so i went through my boss...

@ running windows xppro to try to load any xp:e: program it simply will not work..
u do not read well..i covered this in detail in my thread

stpcore support's a server that has all the s/w u need
your problem is that u are trying to load an emmbeded s/w winxpE on a drive that is formated in ntfs and is running winxp-pro
u need to reformat >32bit< is best
then start from there...

hope this puts this to bed

ed
Shipping something from the U.S. to Canada for repair/exchange?  Please use USPS to avoid (additional?/excessive?) shipping charges.  PM me if you have any questions.

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #129 on: April 05, 2013, 07:25:54 pm »
Hi Ed,
So it seems Dirt is not going to see his machine anytime soon unless he picks it up himself giving ur situation. Maybe that was something u may have mentioned to him before u had him send his machine to you.
Are you able to send to Australia or r u black listed here also?? Then I will send it onto to Dirt from here?
Sounds like a lot to do but poor bloke just wants to play some golf. Ha ha.

Also never heard anything more on your work on our online play. What's the latest? Would be a shame if that had crash n burnt also.

Thx
Spitfire

timjgar

• Offline Offline
« Reply #130 on: April 06, 2013, 06:00:27 am »
Ed, Thanks for your somewhat insulting reply.  It seems to me that you didn't read my post very well either.  No where in my post did I say I tried installing PGA on a NTFS formatted drive.  I have read all 30 pages of your post, and all of the pages in this post.  I have been following it for about 8 months, and nothing in your original post was really spelled out clear enough for anyone to really follow.  Everything on it appears somewhat very scattered brained, and very hard to know what topic you are talking about.  It's missing any kind of structure.  So even after reading it numerous time I still have no clue what's going on.  That is why I decided to post my questions under this post. If you look to the left under my name you'll see that it says Newbie, but that doesn't mean Dumb@ss.  I know you have spent a lot of time helping others, and that's great.  Also know you've been very busy trying to get @Dirt his computer back, making PGA dongle-free, hosting a game server, and unlocking all the players, and discussing your frustration about your boss.  So, I don't want to disrespect you, or bother you from getting all these other things complete.  I just want to get this system running PGA tour, or I'll covert this cabinet to a Live GT2012 or SSB, and scrap this Global VR's stuff.

I just need to know what version software goes with PGA Tour Championship edition I, and if the CD's I have are correct or not.

I do know enough about computers and OS's to have formatted it to FAT32, before installing the game install disks. Everything installs fine, system boots with Global VR boot screen, and then shows the missing dongle screen.

Everything on your post talks mainly about the newer version PGA Tour games. Like Tiger woods 2006.  My game is the EA sports game with Tiger woods 2002.  None of the files are the same as any of your instructions. They are totally different, and that's why I'm here instead. If my cd's are correct, then they must be defective.  If not then my dongle is bad, or isn't being seen by the HASP4 HL driver.

So if anyone can help me with what the correct software would be for pga tour championship edition I, then I would greatly appreciate it.
If I managed to overlook this info in a post then I'm sorry. I know @stpcore posted some disks he has, and their versions/revisions. They don't match what I have. "The ones I posted above"

Thanks!

Tim

stpcore

• Offline Offline
« Reply #131 on: April 06, 2013, 08:44:51 am »
I don't believe your game will install or run properly if you installed XP "Pro" and then attempted a Championship I install as the game was coded to run on a stripped down version of XP "Embedded". I have some Championship I CDs here and a couple Championship I dongles as well. I can check the versions for you today and see if we can find a working combo for you. XP Embedded installs automatically on the first CD we use to start installation of PGA.

For now, I would take out the hard drive and reformat it to FAT32. Connect the HD to another tower and go to "My Computer" and right click your PGA drive and click on "Reformat" and choose the FAT32 option. This will not only format it correctly but will also delete the current contents of the drive so we have a fresh start when we attempt another install. Finally, adjust your BIOS to the exact settings that are posted in this thread On page #1 reply #55. Any little change can cause issues.

If your dongle is malfunctioning you can send it to Global VR and they will send you a working dongle for your version for $105 plus shipping. If you don't want to do that I have a couple Championship I dongles. I've never seen a bad dongle though.

Im confident we can get your game running!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 08:48:55 am by stpcore »

timjgar

• Offline Offline
« Reply #132 on: April 06, 2013, 09:02:08 am »
Ok that is how the system is sitting now. It is blank, and has been formatted to FAT32.  My bios has been set to match everything in your past posts.  The only thing I have questions about with the bios would be the LTP port settings.  Should it be set to bi-directional, SPP, EPP, or ECP. I know this can change the way the OS uses the LPT port.
My Dongle is: HASP4 M1 1.3
My Dongle says: Championship Edition I
I can also see where there was some tape on the back of it that has been peeled off.
I've seen some of these dongles that have been upgraded during software load, and ppl label them Challenge or other things.
So I'm not 100% its the Championship Edition I

Thanks for your help,

Tim

stpcore

• Offline Offline
« Reply #133 on: April 06, 2013, 09:08:00 am »
To be completely honest, I'm not sure about additional settings to the LPT port.  I'm also not familiar with anyone upgrading dongle software as it was to my understanding that new dongles were sent by GVR with each software upgrade.

Regarding install CDS...for Championship I... I have two versions (2.0.0.2 and 2.0.0.4).  Each of these versions have two CDs for the game install plus the Recovery CD.  So you should be installing 3 CDs in total.  The Recovery CD version for Championship is PN:050-0024-01 REV B.

We would install the Recovery first and then the two install CDs for a total of three CDs for proper install.  Not sure if any of this helps?

timjgar

• Offline Offline
« Reply #134 on: April 06, 2013, 11:50:25 am »
Yes this all make perfect sense to me.  Now my main problem is whatever software I have isn't correct for my dongle.  I guess that's ok since the recovery disk I have is bad. 

So now I'll have to see about buying them from GVR, or downloading them if anyone has them uploaded to dropbox or something similar.

Slimonce

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 15, 2022, 06:02:55 pm
« Reply #135 on: April 06, 2013, 04:39:57 pm »
I reformatted w the drive left in the tower. Used kill disk. The recovery disk rebuilt the embedded sw, I think!  What mobo do u have?

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:05:20 am
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
« Reply #136 on: April 06, 2013, 05:17:38 pm »
none of the disks you have are going to work with different hardware. The install disk is designed to be used with that particular computers hardware.

again, they have stripped ALL drivers out of windows, and only supplied drivers for the original golf hardware on that first install disk. no amount of farting around is going to change that. The windows XPe disk supplied WILL NOT WORK WITH ANY HARDWARE BUT THE ORIGINAL.

If your board is pooched, the only way you are going to get anything running is by installing windows XP pro and all the drivers you need to have everything working....and then modifying the PGA install to run on that install.

stpcore

• Offline Offline
« Reply #137 on: April 06, 2013, 05:36:20 pm »
I have PGA Golf running in a Dell Optiplex and all I did was transfer over the TI4200 video card and the i/o board and the game runs fine.

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:05:20 am
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
« Reply #138 on: April 06, 2013, 06:34:14 pm »
while i can't speak for your particular optiplex (as dell used that name for literally THOUSANDS of configurations) it likely has the same chipset as the original DFI board. as long as it has the same chipset the XPe won't know the difference cause that's the drivers in there.

ed12

• Offline Offline
« Reply #139 on: April 07, 2013, 02:58:59 pm »
hi
just a heads up
for the smart asses that tend to like to ---smurfette--- me out
and them of u whom throw sticks
i am killing gobal vr and pulling all my requests and reply's
at this point inteligent ppl would start to copy to note pad >all replys<
as it will be done tonight

thank-u very much for telling me i do not know  what i am doing and or u cannot read ?
as your game's would be junk crap right now
and or u would still be begging for a fix

dirt i def do not what your problem is ? my pm work's fine
but thk-u very much for taiting another thread

spitfire
the server is fine
my ppl in canada are having a we-ha time of it
thk's for asking
i handed u the tool's >>use them<<

i have explained the mobo mean's crap
hercules is olny looking for a few thing's
OPEN IT IN NOTED PAD
read english no ?
if u are dumb enough to try to load a winxpe fat32 onto a ntf system
u realy need to go back to school...

explain to me how u thought u could load it this way ?
and my posts rattle?
fine they will be gone soon enough..

stpcore
it was a fun ride
no bones bud

ed

dirt

• Offline Offline
Re: Re: PGA Tour Golf by Global VR & EA Sports Owners Thread
« Reply #140 on: April 07, 2013, 04:40:43 pm »
hi
just a heads up
for the smart asses that tend to like to ---smurfette--- me out
and them of u whom throw sticks
i am killing gobal vr and pulling all my requests and reply's
at this point inteligent ppl would start to copy to note pad >all replys<
as it will be done tonight

thank-u very much for telling me i do not know  what i am doing and or u cannot read ?
as your game's would be junk crap right now
and or u would still be begging for a fix

dirt i def do not what your problem is ? my pm work's fine
but thk-u very much for taiting another thread

spitfire
the server is fine
my ppl in canada are having a we-ha time of it
thk's for asking
i handed u the tool's >>use them<<

i have explained the mobo mean's crap
hercules is olny looking for a few thing's
OPEN IT IN NOTED PAD
read english no ?
if u are dumb enough to try to load a winxpe fat32 onto a ntf system
u realy need to go back to school...

explain to me how u thought u could load it this way ?
and my posts rattle?
fine they will be gone soon enough..

stpcore
it was a fun ride
no bones bud

ed
whoa ed. Whats with the hostility? I replied to the other thread because I saw you posting in that thread and not your own after I asked about my computer. I figured if your posting over there you would see my question.

You've had my computer since last September. You've told me many different stories about shipping it but it has never shown up here. I dont think asking about my computer 5 months after you said youd ship it back to me out of line. I told you from the beginning I'd pay you for the repair, your time, and the return shipping and asked numerous times how much  I owe you to cover everything. I have always been polite to you in asking but now to me and other people here it definitely looks like you had no intention of ever sending it back. it really sucks. Ive been a member here since 2003 and this is the first time ive had somebody not come thru on their word. I dont know about where your from but where im from your word is your bond.

ed12

• Offline Offline
« Reply #141 on: April 07, 2013, 10:08:05 pm »
dirt
no bones
your unit shipped
it is double tapped
but when u go out of normal protacal ..ie yacking to other nick's and or not trying to get ahold of me personaly,and going public with an issuie we both went over..
1 has to get a tad be-side them-self's
u have both my phone #
and my e-me
plus my pm here
so do not lay this on me..period
my choice to yank my post's is just that..my choice
it has come to me..that u ppl either do not want help and do or need it
both are fine with me
will not change my world 1 little byte
in my view when it goes from a person seeking help to selling it
it tell's me we have come to the end run

every thing is laid out for u
all u need do is filter it
and place it in order

in life there is no set path
we make it
i walk away with a badge
knowing i olny asked a simple question
can u change a video card out in a gobal vr pga..to helping fix multi cab's
and a person making a side line business out of it...
lord some ppl here even have there topper's going again
go fig that 1 out
all from 1 simple question...

angry no
not on your best day
just will not put up with stupied
reason..>>>>U CAN NOT FIX STUPIED<<<<

just do as i requeseted and copy that mother long thread
before i get to the rest of it tonight

ed

dirt

• Offline Offline
« Reply #142 on: April 07, 2013, 11:02:53 pm »
dirt
no bones
your unit shipped
it is double tapped
but when u go out of normal protacal ..ie yacking to other nick's and or not trying to get ahold of me personaly,and going public with an issuie we both went over..
1 has to get a tad be-side them-self's
u have both my phone #
and my e-me
plus my pm here
so do not lay this on me..period
my choice to yank my post's is just that..my choice
it has come to me..that u ppl either do not want help and do or need it
both are fine with me
will not change my world 1 little byte
in my view when it goes from a person seeking help to selling it
it tell's me we have come to the end run

every thing is laid out for u
all u need do is filter it
and place it in order

in life there is no set path
we make it
i walk away with a badge
knowing i olny asked a simple question
can u change a video card out in a gobal vr pga..to helping fix multi cab's
and a person making a side line business out of it...
lord some ppl here even have there topper's going again
go fig that 1 out
all from 1 simple question...

angry no
not on your best day
just will not put up with stupied
reason..>>>>U CAN NOT FIX STUPIED<<<<

just do as i requeseted and copy that mother long thread
before i get to the rest of it tonight

ed
it is laid on you. You took my tower in sept. Its now April. How the hell are you trying to blame me for you stealing my tower? asking for an update on something not returned in 5 months is not following protocol? and talking to other member on a forum is "yacking"?  I posted all my questions concerning you shipping the tower in public the whole time. let me explain what you did. You stole my computer. Your a theif!! You cant blame me for that. Im not deleting my posts so everyone here can read them. You knoe why? I have nothing to hide.

ed12

• Offline Offline
« Reply #143 on: April 07, 2013, 11:28:41 pm »
thanks dirt

u are now a star

ed

ed12

• Offline Offline
« Reply #144 on: April 08, 2013, 12:18:27 am »
sorry ppl

i
ok dongle is now gone
problem i have is small yet i will not do it tonight
need to rewrite the autoexe.bat
so as to put stall/un-stall gobalvr

finding's with the file's i removed
system will boot perfect
then stall out ? u have no control at this point
not even my trick of hitting the windows key and bringing up the control panel will un-stall it
this has something to do with 1 of the exe's i removed
but now that i have them down and listed
as to where they are and reside
it is not a hard shuffle
i can then narrow down the file in short order

on to other business
i contaced gobalvr for u ppl about the dongle
and i think the eng flipped a wig..the convo was to say the least not nice
"quote" if u think we are gonna do that then u are a  idiot his word's were alot stronger then that
even told him they were sold on flebay for $45.00,click went the phone
get the drift ?

back to my head
i will get this part done in the next few day's
need to go in tommrow? why is beyound me but is but
after the next few post's  dongle kill complete
i have the nessary e-me's in the server
i am going to ask saint to colse this thread
as i do not see a need for it anymore

ed
knew i would come to it

theif
fine
thk-u very much
i guess u cannot do a pm from your phone ??

ed

dirt

• Offline Offline
« Reply #145 on: April 08, 2013, 01:12:02 am »
sorry ppl

i
ok dongle is now gone
problem i have is small yet i will not do it tonight
need to rewrite the autoexe.bat
so as to put stall/un-stall gobalvr

finding's with the file's i removed
system will boot perfect
then stall out ? u have no control at this point
not even my trick of hitting the windows key and bringing up the control panel will un-stall it
this has something to do with 1 of the exe's i removed
but now that i have them down and listed
as to where they are and reside
it is not a hard shuffle
i can then narrow down the file in short order

on to other business
i contaced gobalvr for u ppl about the dongle
and i think the eng flipped a wig..the convo was to say the least not nice
"quote" if u think we are gonna do that then u are a  idiot his word's were alot stronger then that
even told him they were sold on flebay for $45.00,click went the phone
get the drift ?

back to my head
i will get this part done in the next few day's
need to go in tommrow? why is beyound me but is but
after the next few post's  dongle kill complete
i have the nessary e-me's in the server
i am going to ask saint to colse this thread
as i do not see a need for it anymore

ed
knew i would come to it

theif
fine
thk-u very much
i guess u cannot do a pm from your phone ??

ed
why would I pm you? So nobody can see that you ripped me off? no thanks, ill keep it public to worn people not to deal with you.

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #146 on: April 08, 2013, 07:26:12 am »
Hi Ed,
Wish I did know how to use the tools you gave mate as I would be playing online against you and everyone else that have spent months reading over ur thread and this one. However due to my lack of knowledge it seems I can't. However it seems I am definatlely not alone.

t sad to see that Dirt will never get his PGA Machine back and at least play at home with friends, like we all are enjoying doing. The offer still stands to send it to Australia if you can and ill send it on to Dirt if that will help pm me if this will work.

It's very very sad to see that all what u were working on and promising u will never deliver on mate. Would have been a great way to silence everyone and show us that all you have been working on was real. However it seems we will never know. Enjoy playing with ur Canadian mates Ed I hope maybe one day we can all come together again and just enjoy an online game of PGA Golf in the near future.
Only time will tell.
Spitfire

dirt

• Offline Offline
« Reply #147 on: April 08, 2013, 10:13:46 am »
Hi Ed,
Wish I did know how to use the tools you gave mate as I would be playing online against you and everyone else that have spent months reading over ur thread and this one. However due to my lack of knowledge it seems I can't. However it seems I am definatlely not alone.

t sad to see that Dirt will never get his PGA Machine back and at least play at home with friends, like we all are enjoying doing. The offer still stands to send it to Australia if you can and ill send it on to Dirt if that will help pm me if this will work.

It's very very sad to see that all what u were working on and promising u will never deliver on mate. Would have been a great way to silence everyone and show us that all you have been working on was real. However it seems we will never know. Enjoy playing with ur Canadian mates Ed I hope maybe one day we can all come together again and just enjoy an online game of PGA Golf in the near future.
Only time will tell.
Spitfire
hi spitfire, ill be able to play my machine soon. Since I finally got sick of the lies and decided to call ed out on what he is, I went ahead and bought another tower plus some extra parts from a member from Klov last week. He gave me a UPS tracking number and it should be here today. He has more pga computers and some parts. If anybody needs anything let me know. I can put you in contact with him. he is a stand up guy.

stpcore

• Offline Offline
« Reply #148 on: April 08, 2013, 10:38:37 am »
So I'm thinking at this point we should all try to relax and refocus.  I can see both sides of this and since we are all reasonable people we should be able to sort this out.

TO ED: What can we do to get dirt's tower back to him?  Do you have another friend or family member that would be able to ship it from their address so that there aren't any issues with it coming into the US?  If it has already shipped can you simply provide dirt with a tracking number so he can see that it's on it's way?  That seems like it would be an easy solution to this entire issue.

I also noticed that you are going to be deleting or editing all of your posts in your original thread.  I completely understand that this is your decision and if that's what you feel is necessary then that's how it will be.  I do realize that your intentions where to help others with their PGA towers so that they can be playable for years to come.  I also know that you have helped in getting several machines up and running again.  I think the downward spiral of that thread was regarding the mods to the game (adding players and courses, running without a dongle, playing online via your server) that you suggested were on the way and up to the time of this post have not happened (to my knowledge) and I'm OK with that as I know you were trying.  I think that is where the frustration sits with some of the members here.  I believe that you had the best intentions on this and I appreciate all the time you must have put into it.  Many of us followed that thread for over a year in order to see these mods come to life and we all waited patiently (at first, lol).

If what you are saying is that the information to accomplish these mods are there (in your prior posts on your PGA thread) and it's up to us to figure out the rest then that's fine too.  I do think that it would be unfortunate for all of your information to simply disappear as if it never happened.  If anything I think it shows the amount of time and effort you put into the game and the code in order to attempt to help us with our requests.  I suggest that you reconsider your decision but fully respect whatever decision you ultimately make.

For me personally, the bummer is the online tournament play.  You say that you have your tournament server running in Canada and your friends are enjoying it?   That's a little bit of a slap in the face to be honest but I'm not going to take it personally.  I tried on several occasions to offer any assistance to getting that going.  I think that it would have been a blast to have all of the members that followed your thread to have the ability to compete against one another in tournament play.  That (in my opinion) would have been the biggest benefit for owning one of these machines.

So I'm hoping that we can all get back on the same page here and take a deep breath.  I've made some awesome friends here over the past year and I'm hoping we can all work together to push forward.  If mistakes were made in the past...let's correct them and bury the hatchet so to speak.

If anyone else here needs to vent please do so now (respectfully) so that we can get this thread back on topic and move forward with our PGA Tour Golf machines!

ed12

• Offline Offline
« Reply #149 on: April 08, 2013, 02:51:07 pm »
hi
stpcore it is all fine...
yes i am pulling my post's from that thread..this is truth
gobal-vr is even a byte tickie about it
i have been on the horn with there dept's all day
it really dose not matter
i just took it upon my-self to condense the info
and make it less brain scratting
i truly hope this clears the air about that ?

dirt's problem
my boss is taking care of it now

ed

timjgar

• Offline Offline
« Reply #150 on: April 08, 2013, 07:48:02 pm »
Hey Guys,

I sure hope I wasn't the cause of all this drama on here. If so, then I'm sorry.

I wasn't try to attack anyone.  I was only trying to get some info about my PGA game, and felt like I was being insulted by Ed.  For not reading his post thoroughly enough. I wasn't trying to insult Ed or anyone else by saying the other post was scatterbrained.  I just couldn't follow it, and didn't see the answers I was looking for.

I'm an electrical engineer, and I work with all kinds of OS's and systems, and have a lot of experience in writing code and designing hardware.  I only asked my questions on here because there's no reason to try re-inventing the wheel or trying to solve problems if someone else has done that.  That would be a waste of time and resources.  Video games are kind of a hobbie of mine when I have the time.  I'm very familiar with the different versions of Windows, and know enough about writing hardware and software code, and creating drivers for devices that I designed.  I do it every day!  I do know there is no way to take the dongle call out of this program without having the original source code.  I did read that Ed was going to get that or did get that from GVR, but I do know that would be hard for GVR to do and probably illegal because they have a legally binding agreement with Microsoft and EA Sports.  Which regulates what they can and can not do.  It would be a lot easier to just copy/clone their security dongles than trying to hack it to run without.  Emulation is also an option, but you would have to create your own emulator to save any money.  Companies charge too much because these dongles are used on systems like what I design that cost millions of dollars to service.  So cloning or copying it would be the easiest/cheapest option.  A basic electronic tech could do this pretty easy by buying a atmel chip reader/programmer or whatever that matches the chip HASP dongle uses.  My problem is my dongle either doesn't work, or isn't correct for my game load.

The NTOSBOOT.EXE file that gets installed at the end of the game load is one problem you have after loading the game overtop of windows xp pro.  Meaning BSOD "Blue screen of Death". Why? Because NTOSBOOT.EXE is calling out the wrong version of windows than you have.  This file is called out in the boot.ini file, located in the root directory, and its main function is to change the boot screen to Global VR's boot screen. 

You can fix this problem by a few ways. 

One way is to edit the boot.ini file. Open the file with notepad, and delete "/Kernel=NTOSBOOT.EXE" and save it.

Another is to fix the NTOSBOOT.EXE file and make its version match your version of windows xp.  Windows XP pro uses a file called ntoskrnl.exe for the boot screen, you can edit it to change your boot screen to whatever you want.  I've done this many time for my custom made jukeboxes to block users from knowing its a windows based system.  You can change the screen to whatever you like.  It's pretty neat, and if you'd like to try it I've attached the tools to do it, and my own Readme.txt instructions to modify the ntoskrnl.exe and create a GVR NTOSBOOT.exe file for your PGA Cabinet.
You can do this with a program called resource hacker.  I have attached a zip file with version of the PGA Tour NTOSBOOT file for Windows xp pro, my ntoskrnl.exe file that I used to modify.  Try it if you want. Have fun..

ed12

• Offline Offline
« Reply #151 on: April 08, 2013, 10:34:02 pm »
hi
u were not
i will galdly help u,as will stpcore
our thrust here is to keep these nice machine's working
and support them
as u cannot get it from gobal-vr..we are on our own
my thought's are lets just do it
insult no..u got to have a bigger brick then that,trust me here..
now
let's c how far u have came.
u did reforamt to fat32 >great<
u have tried to re-load from the start ?
do u still get the doongle crap?
let me know please

ed

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #152 on: April 08, 2013, 11:56:13 pm »
Hi Timjgar,
Does that mean by using this mod you were able to run PGA Golf on a win xp pro PC? If so that's awesome and would be a great step forward as a lot of these old machines are dieing everyday?
Thx
Spitfire

timjgar

• Offline Offline
« Reply #153 on: April 09, 2013, 01:47:08 am »
I still get that dongle missing crap, but I think that's because the version PGA doesn't match my dongle.
I have need the game load CDs for PGA tour championship I. I have no idea what the game install CDs I have are for. Once I have the correct CDs for my dongle I'll be able to figure it all out. The system boots up and runs like all the other ones I've fixed in the past.  I've done two others pga systems for a friend of mine and never had any problems. But I never kept copies of his software. 

ed12

• Offline Offline
« Reply #154 on: April 09, 2013, 12:16:40 pm »
hi
i should have that
let me do a lookie see
if it is barking over the dongle
then it means
1 of 2 thing's
it is either not seeing it ?
or it is the wrong rev for the s/w
i will post the way to find your s/w rev
there is a way to walk around the dongle
but un-less u are good at c++ or vb i would walk away
as the code is still a tad messey

side note here
i was in a pm with a owner
my thread will get back all of it's info
i just wish i could get it in order
as i agree it dose look a little rambling

back on track here
the dongle is called 4-x time's
1=hercule's
1=gobal-vr
1=gobal-vr/tool's
1=a set of windows dll's
and the window's 1 set up a register value
(h-key)...and that is where it become's trickey
for the simple reason a few of the h-key's are inter-linked..
so in short if i kill the h-key in question
it d-link's the rest,then we need to re-write a new h-key
this take's time
i have posted the offender
if i removed fear not
they are going back up

ed

ed12

• Offline Offline
« Reply #155 on: April 09, 2013, 08:31:31 pm »
hi
i found them
there is total of 3 disks
1=rescue
then disk 1 and 2
making it a 3 set
the rescue disk is perty much a unverisl 1
ie will work on most if not all gobal vr platforms
what rev are u using again on the dongle ?
when it error's out it will tell u what it is looking for

ed

Spitfire

• Offline Offline
« Reply #156 on: April 10, 2013, 09:00:28 pm »
Hi Ed,
It seems that every time we ask a question of whether u have ur PGA Server up n running we never get an answer. You said in ur rant earlier that ur Canadian mates are online playing on ur server as we speak?

If this is true are u going to inform us how we can all join in the fun??

Thx Spirfire

ed12

• Offline Offline
« Reply #157 on: April 10, 2013, 10:13:34 pm »
spitfire
i beg u go pm
running me open channel will not get u to where u want to be
the ppl on my server read this
and they will and can say  >i do not think so<
go pm please

ed

Slimonce

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 15, 2022, 06:02:55 pm
« Reply #158 on: April 13, 2013, 11:17:11 pm »
I still get that dongle missing crap, but I think that's because the version PGA doesn't match my dongle.
I have need the game load CDs for PGA tour championship I. I have no idea what the game install CDs I have are for. Once I have the correct CDs for my dongle I'll be able to figure it all out. The system boots up and runs like all the other ones I've fixed in the past.  I've done two others pga systems for a friend of mine and never had any problems. But I never kept copies of his software.

Did you get what u need?

timjgar

• Offline Offline
« Reply #159 on: April 13, 2013, 11:57:19 pm »
Not yet.