Arcade Collecting > Miscellaneous Arcade Talk

PGA Tour Golf by Global VR & EA Sports Owners Thread

(1/554) > >>

stpcore:
I'm starting this thread so we can ask questions and share ideas that may not be on topic with the PGA Golf thread started by Ed12 regarding software and hardware modifications.  Ed's thread can be found here...

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,115417.0.html.

This thread will be used to help all PGA Golf owners bring back all of the lost extras (courses, players, etc) of their machines after Global VR's servers went offline years ago.

IF YOU HAVE BEEN READING ABOUT PGA TOUR GOLF BUT NEVER BOTHERED TO BECOME A REGISTERED USER HERE...DO SO NOW AND JOIN IN ON THE CONVERSATION!!!

RECENT UPDATES...November 2015

Thanks to the massive efforts of member "bootsinallovryou" our PGA Tour Golf machines now have the ability to connect to an online server allowing us to compete against one another on tournament leaderboards.!  A step by step tutorial to enable tournament mode for these machines has been provided by member "Spitfire" and is posted below.  You can read how this started and track current progress starting from page 13 (post #499) of this thread.

To join in online you need the latest patcher_04 linked below and a regular team challenge machine. No other machines will work. On the attract screen run the patcher in your cd rom drive. Once it says press any key to continue turn off and power up your machine again. Once back in attract mode go to the operators menu by pressing the red operators button inside ur cabinet. Be sure to have your machine connected to the Internet by plugging in an Ethernet cable directly to your cabinet Pc ethernet port. If you are using wireless be sure to configure your wireless connection as per the instructions before trying to register. Choose register/connect option, register cabinet and register your machine using the 4 digit code option using any four digits as it doesn't matter. Make sure you change from Dial up to cable adsl option and follow on screen instructions and allow the machine to call server.  This may take a while first time to get to 100% complete.  Once registered choose the force a call to the server and exit to game option and that's it. You should now be tournament enabled and online. To play online in a Tournament or the World tour option on your cabinet You will need a players card and reader. You will also need to turn your machine off free play otherwise you won't be able to select World Tour and Tournament on the start screen. This has to be done in the operators menu by choosing machine and settings option and disabling free play.
Once you select World Tour it will ask you to insert your players card. It will say that the card is not tournament enabled and will run you through a number of steps to make it so follow instructions and your card will be made tournament ready and you will be given a player number. Now you can use your card or number on any machine linked to Boosts Server and your home made player can be used to play every course on the game without having an all access pass. You will be able to unlock hidden skill shots on every course to unlock special player customising items and equipment. Once all courses available on World Tour are played you will be given a player ranking and it will also unlock heaps of customisable clothing and equipment to use on your player in the Game face option of the game. You can also keep track of how many skill shots you have found and your ranking by inserting your players card into your card reader on the attract screen of the game. There are now also leaderboards available so you can show the world you are the best player out there.  All this is thanks to are Legend known us boostinallovryou!!! without him none of this would be possible!

stpcore:
So my most recent idea involves utilizing the space where the mini marquee sits (above the screen and below the main marquee).  My original thought was to remove the mini marquee and install a 10" LCD screen in there and connect it to a webcam that was hidden somewhere in that area as well.  I suppose you could even bracket a laptop computer that has an installed webcam.  This would allow you to see your buddy and carry on a live conversation while you are playing them via tournament play (when that gets rolling).

Then I thought it may be very easy to purchase a mount for a tablet with a front facing camera (Ipad, Galaxy, etc.) and slip the tablet in the mounting bracket in front of the mini marquee.  If you launch Skype, Google, etc. you would be able to do the same (have a webcam experience) without having to mount an LCD and a separate webcam.  You could also remove the tablet when not playing so that the mini marquee remains in tact. 

You could still play against a friend without connecting to their machine.  Although this option would not be AS FUN as playing online LIVE you could still play against someone else and keep a manual score hole by hole by connecting to video chat with your mounted tablet that's on your PGA cabinet.  You could even pull the tablet out and face it to the screen to confirm a score if need be.  It would be a blast to see the facial expression of your friends while being able to carry on a conversation without them being there.

So now I'm looking at install brackets and going to test it out.  Hopefully it works as well as I think that it could.

yukonblaze:
I am thinking of making my own personal intro for when the game is in attract mode.  Just need to create video, rename it, and see if it runs.  Also thinking storing my personal player as one of the pros.  I thought its my game why not.

Jason

ed12:
hi

stpcore thk-u very very much
this will divide the load alot
i will support u fully
just ring the bell
great job :):)

ed

stpcore:

--- Quote from: yukonblaze on December 13, 2012, 07:12:53 pm ---I am thinking of making my own personal intro for when the game is in attract mode.  Just need to create video, rename it, and see if it runs.  Also thinking storing my personal player as one of the pros.  I thought its my game why not.

Jason

--- End quote ---

That sounds awesome. I would love to throw in a custom video with a custom sound track as well. If you do this could you post a tutorial so others could do the same? I would like to have my personal golfer as a pro too.

--- Quote from: ed12 on December 13, 2012, 10:35:15 pm ---hi

stpcore thk-u very very much
this will divide the load alot
i will support u fully
just ring the bell
great job :):)

ed

--- End quote ---

Thanks so much, Ed. I appreciate all your efforts and support!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version