Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Never built a mame and are starting now.?.?  (Read 47268 times)

davidandhistoys21

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 04, 2013, 07:02:15 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Never built a mame and are starting now.?.?
« on: December 09, 2012, 05:05:29 am »
So this is my first build and i want to build a powermame. Im very new to this and have been studying and doing my best to learn. Here is where i am right now I have a completely stripped down jamma cab. im going to use a dell 8200 tower. I have been told to run mame 32 and ipac. I wanted to go with a lcd monitor and from what im seeing the biggest i can go is 27", i will strip it down and mount it my self. I would like to set up lighted buttons. I wanted to run hyperspin but my boy said to run mala as a front-end. He told me Hypersin was more work then its even worth and i dont even know if the tower im going to use has all intell to be able to run. i was looking at led-wiz and running that but not sure and how it all runs or hooks up. Any ways thank you for taking the time on reading my post!! any ideas are good ideas Thanks again!!!!!