Main > Raspberry Pi & Dev Board

Small like a Pi but it can actually do stuff!

(1/5) > >>

Unstupid:
It's small so it'll fit in a mini bartop, but it's powerfull enough to run some cpu demanding games...  I just got a couple of Intel's newest ultra compact form factor (UCFF) PC's and they are awesome!  Check out the specs... In a 4.5"x4.5"x1.5" package they managed to squeeze in an Intel Core I3 @ 1.8 ghz, and 2 hdmi ports.  The mSATA hard drives and mini PCIe wireless cards need to be purchased separately.   I picked up both of the variations, one has dual HDMI and the other has one HDMI and one thunderbolt port.  If you are working on a new build, and are sourcing parts, newegg has these pretty cheap... The dual HDMI box runs $299 and the one with Thunderbolt is $329.  You can get a 64 gig mSATA drive for $70 or even a 240gb drive for $200.  16 gigs of ram will run $80.  If you need a wifi card they run $20 to $35.  Will load up mame/hyperspin and post back some results when I have time!

Edit... oops forgot links here:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16856102002
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16856102001

Diet_Pepsi:
The ultra-small form factor is cool, but I was able to spend a lot less than that on a system using a m350 case:

m350 - $40
mini-itx motherboard - $35
Pico psu + power brick - $45
celeron g530 - $35

Total of $155.

Mind you the m350 is small but is still about 8x8 vs the intel setup at 4x4.

I would be interested to see what you are building that requires the ultra-small form factor vs the 8x8 that the m350 is at.

ark_ader:
By the time you add a monitor you might have just bought a cheap laptop.

Who in their right mind will drop 3 bucks on a limited brick for an arcade cab?

::)

VanillaGorilla:
I would. It would be perfect for building out a standalone control panel 'console' that could be hooked up to any tv or monitor. It is pricey, but for the form factor, not too bad. 300 bucks is less than some people spend on video cards..

Nephasth:

--- Quote from: VanillaGorilla on December 08, 2012, 10:10:25 am ---I would. It would be perfect for building out a standalone control panel 'console' that could be hooked up to any tv or monitor. It is pricey, but for the form factor, not too bad. 300 bucks is less than some people spend on video cards..

--- End quote ---

Holy crap! He lives!!! Glad to see you back.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version