Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: dual analog output vga card  (Read 3143 times)

apfelanni

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 18, 2019, 01:55:28 pm
dual analog output vga card
« on: November 18, 2012, 05:37:59 am »
i  m looking for a dual analog outpout vga card which works fine with the calamity ati drivers . it doesnt have to be high performence , but should put out a clean cloned video signal via 15 pin sub d without any dampening problems . the idea is to build a versus setup , a dual screen vert.-hor. table cabinet and to make direct comparison of mamescart tv sets a lot easier.  any recommendations ? it doesnt matter if its agp or pci xpress .

Calamity

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 14, 2024, 05:26:05 am
  • Quote me with care
Re: dual analog output vga card
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 06:08:06 am »
Hi apfelanni,

I think Paradroid made some testing with a cloned display.

My current testing setup consists on a Radeon X300 PCI-e with dual analog output VGA/DVI-VGA, connected to a Hantarex Polostar and a PC CRT monitor respectively, and it works like a charm. I bet that cloning should work.
Important note: posts reporting GM issues without a log will be IGNORED.
Steps to create a log:
 - From command line, run: groovymame.exe -v romname >romname.txt
 - Attach resulting romname.txt file to your post, instead of pasting it.

CRT Emudriver, VMMaker & Arcade OSD downloads, documentation and discussion:  Eiusdemmodi

Paradroid

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 10, 2024, 04:41:43 am
    • SCART Hunter
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2012, 06:13:50 am »
Apple Annie! Good to see you back here...

Check out my post here.

Works really well! Certainly makes it very easy to compare TVs.

What's your ultimate SCART unit these days? This is the best combo I've got going so far: http://scarthunter.blogspot.com.au/2012/09/how-to-customise-scart-tv-for-use-with.html

I reckon a CUC 6xxx series would be better but the CUC 6330 I found on the street ages ago needs repairs. The CUC 5630s (in Blaupunkts and Siemens) are reasonably common in Australia but most other Grundigs are rare. A mate has got a CUC 4510 waiting for me but I'm pretty sure that'll use a different kind of variable resistor for the horizontal position (making it harder to break out all controls externally).
My MAME/SCART/CRT blog: SCART Hunter

apfelanni

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2012, 10:20:45 am »
i was wondering if a common and cheap radeon 4xxx pci xpress card would get the job done. i never checked the multiple monitor settings in the ati option menues . maybe cloning with subd for screen1 plus dvi-sub d adapter for screen 2 will work .

ps. : arcade + scart : i picked some old grundigs with 5xxx chassis and analog adjustments . they are as close as it can get  to my philips valvo vcc chassis build in several arcade cabinets. very nice appearence . first time i tested a st63 650 grundig (a59 philips tube ) with umsa , quality cables and games like battle bakraid i nearly pissed in my pants. the look was 100 % authentic + it synched any ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- up to rtype .. the only prob with such 20 year old tvs is the weakening of the tubes. they tend to lack sharpness on the edges ( same thing i noticed on some of my philips / valvo bases cabinets ) . it appears fresh or modern philips tubes dont have this prob . 

on the other hand i found out that even some digital chassis like cuc 2030 are capable of outputting 256 p . last week i replaced a damaged cuc 2030 of my 25 inch vertical table with one of a backup tv ( grundig st 63 780 ).  i have some of this digital models in storage , so i didnt waste my time with reparing the chassis .  i knew there have been older " normal " philips tubes and black matrix versions in the same model . nevertheless this one was a surprise. the tube was a black blabla toshiba liscence made by tesla cssr ( very sharp, nice contrast and colors ) and this 2030 chassis revision was able to display 240 and 256 p without tinkering in the arcade osds v- porches setting. most 2xxx cucs are showing missing and or crippled lines on the top of the screen . i would have replaced the broken chassis with a 5360 , but the size was an issue here. there was no way to mount it with the pots in range . 

« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 10:22:31 am by apfelanni »

Paradroid

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 10, 2024, 04:41:43 am
    • SCART Hunter
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2012, 04:17:53 pm »
Thanks for the report, apfelanni! Always great to hear from a fellow SCART scavenger... especially one whose operating in the SCART fatherland. ;)

You know, my new girlfriend is a German teacher. She's Berlin obsessed and chances are that we'll live there for a while if things go well. She's excited by the architecture, bars and culture. I'm just excited to get my hands on some vintage CUC 4/5/6xxx chassis and ship them back home. ;)

Anyway, let us know how your twin CRT setup goes. I'm very interested to hear how it works out for you...
My MAME/SCART/CRT blog: SCART Hunter

Calamity

• Offline Offline
  • Quote me with care
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2012, 06:47:12 pm »
You know, my new girlfriend is a German teacher. She's Berlin obsessed and chances are that we'll live there for a while if things go well. She's excited by the architecture, bars and culture. I'm just excited to get my hands on some vintage CUC 4/5/6xxx chassis and ship them back home. ;)

ebay.de is awaiting you  ;D
Steps to create a log:

CRT Emudriver, VMMaker & Arcade OSD downloads, documentation and discussion:  Eiusdemmodi

apfelanni

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2013, 04:24:22 pm »
today i did some testing and installation with a pci epxress x600 i purchased from ebay . i installed win xp 32 and crt emudriver 9.x without probs and mame is running like a charm . the card came with a dual analog y cable which is able to display undistorted images after turned on screen 2 in windows . i connected 2 tvs via mamescart cable. the ati driver only offers enhanced desktop , but no 1>2 clone mode.  i tried installing netframework and ati ccc , coz i remembered there had been a clone option in an early ccc version . so far i checked out , there isnt such a thing ccc i extracted from a 9.x driver pack . is there another way , maybe a tool which enables clonemode on ati cards without installing all the ccc and netframshit ?

« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 04:26:26 pm by apfelanni »

apfelanni

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2013, 05:24:14 am »
okidoki . after some switching from screen 1 tv - lcd and back + some restarts it finally worked. clone screen option is integrated in the 9.x ati ccc . the lowprofile x600 pci express card with dms 59 port + dual sub d cable + crt emudriver 9.x + framework 2.0 + ccc works fine. tested it with 2 tvs + mamescart cable and tv + eizo 15-35 k multisync . i couldnt find any distortions and or dampening . guess now comparing / adjusting / evaluating tvs will be much easier. i also think bout building a tent style cocktail cabinet with 2 screens + 2/4p hori-hori or hori-verti setup . the benefit of the x300-600 cards are : they are common and cheap ass , low profile , silent , arcade compatible and versatile .

thanks to calamity and paradroid for ur suppport.

apfelanni

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2013, 05:26:12 am »
ps. sailersat mentioned clone mode could have also been done in the mame monitor settings. haha .. i forgot bout that ..

Calamity

• Offline Offline
  • Quote me with care
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2013, 04:37:52 pm »
Hi apfelanni, I'm glad you got it working. I didn't know that such a connector existed (dms 59 port), it's quite cool. I agree the x300/x600 are probably the best cards for pure arcade emulation (no 3D acceleration requirements).
Steps to create a log: