Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: EMDkay Model Arcade Replica  (Read 4755 times)

Gatt

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 04, 2020, 08:24:38 pm
EMDkay Model Arcade Replica
« on: November 17, 2012, 07:47:39 pm »
Today I received my first EMDKay model arcade replica,  and was so impressed I thought I'd write a review.

I purchased a Dragon's Lair replica as an experiment to see what they actually look like.  The model cabinet is made of sturdy wood,  I believe balsa.  The attention to detail is fantastic.  The artwork is finely detailed and very authentic,  I suspect it's the actual arcade artwork downsized as every detail appears captured.  The screen shows what appears to be an actual in game shot of Dragon's Lair.  I was quite surprised to discover that the attention to detail extends to things one would not normally see,  as the Dragon's Lair model includes a sticker of the LED score/lives display the Dragon's Lair cabinets commonly possessed.

The woodwork demonstrates equal attention to detail:  The buttons aren't stickers,  they're little wooden beads appropriately colored and shaped.  The joystick is a small replica of the joystick.  Even the coin drop has a small square piece of wood under the decal to make it look more like a real coin drop by giving it some dimension.

The model cabinet arrived well packaged.  It was tightly packaged in the box to prevent shifting during shipping in a significant amount of paper cushioning,  and within that the model cabinet was bubble wrapped to prevent damage.

If you're looking for a stocking stuffer for a arcade enthusiast,  these are a nice choice.  They're quite well done,  and very authentic,  and IMO well worth their cost.

Coru

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 19, 2013, 05:22:51 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: EMDkay Model Arcade Replica
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2012, 03:15:31 pm »
Thanks! Appreciate the review. I've been thinking about ordering from them myself. DANKE  :afro:

BC_Jeffro

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 09, 2020, 04:55:23 pm
  • you can never leave the game!
Re: EMDkay Model Arcade Replica
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 04:51:48 pm »
i get my art from them good prices :applaud:
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 12:41:36 am by BC_Jeffro »