Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: INI files ignored completely?  (Read 2274 times)

deweyhewson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 15, 2018, 06:12:39 pm
INI files ignored completely?
« on: November 17, 2012, 02:24:47 am »
Here's my dilemma: GroovyMAME works fantastically for all of my horizontal games, but all of my vertical games are all over the map when it comes to resolution. So I'd like to use INI files with specific resolution settings for those games, but allow GroovyMAME to work as normal with everything else. Is there any way to do this?

I'm aware of the -nomodelines switch, but that would put me in the opposite dilemma (all vertical games correspond to INI, but now the rest are off), and GroovyMAME seems not to scale the games at all up to the full 640x480 resolution when using it (they sit in an unscaled window at the center of the screen).

Is there a way to reconcile this?

deweyhewson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 15, 2018, 06:12:39 pm
Re: INI files ignored completely?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2012, 03:20:09 am »
Nevermind. Using magic resolutions in VMMaker apparently resolved the situation. :)