Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Pinball machine prices  (Read 15770 times)

eightbit

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 07, 2019, 07:38:11 pm
  • My cab is never done...
Pinball machine prices
« on: January 18, 2003, 11:38:37 am »
Any one know where I can find a guide to old pinball machine prices? I have a chance at a old Star wars pinball machine. It doesn't work and I have no idea whats wrong with it. I don't know if this is a collectable machine so I'm not so whats its worth. Obviously I want to get it cheap but I also don't want to lose it.
My statements are my own opinions. They have the value that the reader gives them. My opinion of my opinion varies between foolish and brilliant and these opinions often change with new information.

Birdtales

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 06, 2020, 10:00:31 am
  • You won't like me when I'm angry.
    • Birdtales
Re:Pinball machine prices
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2003, 11:41:06 am »
You could try the Auction listings to get an idea of how much one goes for.

http://www.basementarcade.com/arcade/auction/index.html

Coming Soon

ITrek

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 06, 2009, 10:18:26 pm
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2003, 07:10:57 pm »
You can either buy one of the two price guides that are put out yearly on pinball prices or use the Mr Pinball classified site to get an idea of what they are going for.

http://www.xmission.com/~daina/classified/index.html

I think your best bet is to check the Mr Pinball site it has "real" asking prices and those books get outdated.
What would happen if the whole world farted at the same time?

The Man

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 27, 2009, 03:41:49 pm
  • I'm easy like Sunday mornin!
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2003, 06:57:58 pm »
Any one know where I can find a guide to old pinball machine prices? I have a chance at a old Star wars pinball machine. It doesn't work and I have no idea whats wrong with it. I don't know if this is a collectable machine so I'm not so whats its worth. Obviously I want to get it cheap but I also don't want to lose it.

What Star Wars pin are you talkin about -- Data East?

I've fixed 3 pinballs in the last 2 years including a Data East Star Wars pinball.  Currently working on an old Widebody Hot Doggin, not the best game but I got it for free.

If you do get one I can help you in this area.  I'm not a pinball repair man, so all I can give you is what helpful information I've found.

TM

eightbit

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 07, 2019, 07:38:11 pm
  • My cab is never done...
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2003, 07:28:21 pm »
Yeah the 1992 data east pinball machine I think. The Mr. Pinball site was very helpfull, there was a few of the star wars pinball machine with prices.
My statements are my own opinions. They have the value that the reader gives them. My opinion of my opinion varies between foolish and brilliant and these opinions often change with new information.