Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Double Dragon info reqd  (Read 1891 times)

soup

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 27, 2023, 08:09:06 am
Double Dragon info reqd
« on: November 02, 2012, 09:45:13 pm »
Hi Guys,

I'm building a DD arcade machine from scratch (have original Jamma board, original marquee and original bezel so far) as haven't had any luck finding a second one over the past few years. So after reading a few posts on BYOAC and downloading nearly every pic off the internet of a DD cab I'm still left with some questions I'm hoping somebody can answer below:

Questions
1. Does the cardboard bezel simply rest up against the monitor, and is it meant to 'bow' (looks like from photos I have seen) at the bottom?
2. Is there only one speaker fitted? I assume it mounts under the fluro - what is used to stop the light flowing through the speaker slots?
3. The glass - The top looks like it 'slips' in between a gap between two separate pieces ('floor' of the marquee area)? I assume this gap is aft of the fluro area and is blocked off to stop lighting appearing in the gap on the glass?
4. The glass - How is the bottom of the glass secured - does it just rely on the control panel forcing it against the bottom backrest or does the bottom of the glass fit in a channel?
5. What is the 'white' side strips sitting behind the monitor glass (seen in a few pics)?
6. Can anyone supply the depth measurements of the top (underside) two pieces of wood that the top of the glass slots between.
7. What is the depth size of the control panel
8. Is t-moulding fitted all around the sides (have seen a pic where it doesn't look its fitted at the back of the side panels)?
9. What is the distance that the middle panels are set back from the edge of the side panels (looks like 1/2")
10. What is the distance from the front of the side panels to the glass (avg) around the middle area (glass looks parallel to the side panel edge)?
11. Is the front edge of the control panel fitted with t-moulding?
12. What is the height/width of the glass?
13. How far back is the front of the marquee set (from the front)?

Photo Requests:
1. Internal rear wheel mounting (get an idea on how to mount them)
2. Wood block that provides the ability to both mount the monitor and allow it to lay flat (it has a slotted groove permitting rotation of the monitor mounting board) . I need a photo showing it without the monitor in it.
3. Speaker mount from inside
4. Pic of the fluro area
5. Area the bottom draw slides in and out - trying to work out how it slides and also how you 'grab' it to open/close.

Happy to upload photos in helping explain the areas I am querying.
I would really appreciate if anyone can answer the Q and supply some pics, I really want to build something as close as possible to the real deal. Haven't been able to find anyone local with the Cab to take measurements (ideal), but hopefully the above should see me able to continue on.

Cheers.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 09:48:44 pm by soup »