Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: ATTN FE DEVELOPERS! Determining Credit Counts?  (Read 1898 times)

John Hollingsworth

• Trade Count: (0)
ATTN FE DEVELOPERS! Determining Credit Counts?
« on: April 23, 2002, 11:06:35 am »
I have been messing around with writing my own FE for DOS.  Would like a way to determine the actual number of credits inserted for each game.  I noticed that the "bookkeeping" section under the mame popup config screen contains a credit count (at least for the games that I have looked at) - Is there a way to get at this information in a standard fashion from outside of MAME?  

Thanks!
John
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by 1026619200 »

JustMichael

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 27, 2015, 01:19:40 am
  • Mmmmm!! Cheesecake!!
Re: ATTN FE DEVELOPERS! Determining Credit Counts?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2002, 11:24:52 am »
I have been messing around with writing my own FE for DOS.  Would like a way to determine the actual number of credits inserted for each game.  I noticed that the "bookkeeping" section under the mame popup config screen contains a credit count (at least for the games that I have looked at) - Is there a way to get at this information in a standard fashion from outside of MAME?  

Thanks!
John

No.  Each game driver that saves info into a .nv file uses its own format.  You would have to write your own conversion routines to read accurately from the .nv files.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 15, 2024, 10:59:21 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
Re: ATTN FE DEVELOPERS! Determining Credit Counts?
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2002, 06:38:24 pm »
Ditto.... NO

Keep in mind that MAME is not supposed to allow you to create a real working arcade game with your pc.  It's purpose is supposed to be to preserve the software and emulate the hardware of arcade games for future generations.  The fact that anything is playable is a happy side effect.  :-)

Mame's mission statment explains all of this.  I believe the reason a universal credit system has not been created, besides the obvious individual driver issues, is for this reason.  

Remember, it's your machine silly, you cna always open the door in the bottom and get your money back out.
;)