Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: The "If I post here, I will finally get off my -- and start the build" Project  (Read 1693 times)

TalkingBull

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 17, 2020, 12:38:05 pm
    • TalkingBull Games
I have been talking about building a dedicated NeoGeo cab for years now.  I am finally going to do it!  I just needed to post it here so I can have something to commit to.  So it's off to Lowes this weekend to pick up some MDF and paint.  I have a spare 15" monitor which should work perfectly once I uncase it so I am going to do it as a small bartop.  Only snafu is that I will have to make it a 2-player (to make the games interesting and like the original system).  2 player positions on a small bartop seems like a challenge but I think I will tweak the CP to get it all to fit.

Will probably run it with Hyperspin with all the artwork bells & whistles.  I will also use the original colors for the buttons, sideart, etc... 

Ok... now I HAVE to do it :)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 02:48:16 pm by TalkingBull »

TalkingBull

• Offline Offline
    • TalkingBull Games
Ok, didn't know the auto censor thing was a... thing :)  That's pretty funny!  Noted for the prevention of future profanity :D

TalkingBull

• Offline Offline
    • TalkingBull Games
I found an eBay auction that has two of the player LEDs for displaying the credits for each player (Original parts).  DOes anyone know how to interface these with a PC running MAME?  I have absolutely no idea but I would love to add them to make the build as original as possible.

TalkingBull

• Offline Offline
    • TalkingBull Games
Here are the LEDs: http://www.ebay.com/itm/221141161248?_trksid=p5197.c0.m619

They appear to have a 13-pin connector.  I would want to power them but also be able to display the number of credits that are registered when you add a coin in MAME...

Unstupid

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 08, 2021, 08:46:34 am
I thinkk Yvan256 had plans at one point to put an LCD display in his mini Neo Geo...  I don't think it ever came to fruition...  I forget why...  I think he decided to add an LCD changing marquee instead... then I think he decided to build a CNC to cut his machine...  You can follow the thread here...  He'll probably be along shortly, you can ask him about the LED display....  His thread is here BTW: http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,94770.80.html