Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: new TMNT demo out... and a quick mini review  (Read 4621 times)

Lilwolf

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 31, 2022, 10:26:34 pm
new TMNT demo out... and a quick mini review
« on: October 21, 2003, 02:13:10 pm »
http://downloads.ign.com/objects/609/609953.html

Well... it looks good... I can say that.  I thought they did a great job in the cell shading arena..

but...

1) the game seems to be mind numbingly dull... and simple.  You have 3 swing buttons... but you will probably use one every time (almost every time I try the 'special' ones... I got hit.  And the other works every time)..  And a zoom forward button...  The AI is pretty bad... the robot dogs just stand there.

2) The bad guys are kids... and you do kill them.  They look like just kid punks.  They aren't ninja masters (they swing... slow)... so you feel like you are killing tied up deer with a machine gun.    I also feel like its easier with kids to have 'bad guys' that you can say... those are bad guys... I don't know why these kids deserve to die... but it's the demo... the real / full game might have each one of them pushing nuns over or something.

but but....

The controls should go well onto a cabinet.  I don't know if it handles analog controls.. but what I was playing seemed to be fit for a 8way well.

I would be interested if they will have good 4player support.....  But not in the demo.

So...  I rate it...

:P

TalkingOctopus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 06, 2023, 03:39:02 am
  • @!#?@!
    • My Arcade
Re:new TMNT demo out... and a quick mini review
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2003, 03:29:01 pm »
Only the console version will have 4 player support.  The PC will be limited to 2.  

mkdevo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 09, 2024, 09:31:59 pm
Re:new TMNT demo out... and a quick mini review
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2003, 06:38:16 am »
Only the console version will have 4 player support.  The PC will be limited to 2.  

false. unfortunately, the console versions are limited to 2 players as well. :(