Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: help with a simple question  (Read 2546 times)

nike

• Trade Count: (0)
help with a simple question
« on: June 19, 2002, 09:59:12 pm »
Hello All

I have, what i hope is a simple question.

What is the proper character layout for the mame buttons if using the 7 button layout.  

Here is my button layout

Player 1        Player 2

4      1 2      5
    X X X           X X X
    X X X           X X X
  X               X

My questions is what keyboard button should be applied to each X?
I know i can apply anything and configure it but what is the default setup?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by 1026619200 »

u_rebelscum

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 21, 2010, 03:06:26 pm
  • You rebel scum
    • Mame:Analog+
Re: help with a simple question
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2002, 02:26:33 pm »
The way the hotrod is laid out is here http://hanaho.com/products/HotRodJoystick/faq.html.

The buttons run:
    b1 b2 b3
    --BINGO! Either that, or I was attempting to say "before" but it was too many letters to type-- b5 b6
  b7

If you set up the action buttons only this way (but the player1 joystick to the arrow keys, and your coin input as keys "5" and "6"), you will have the mame default key setup.

Or you can copy the hotrod layout and use mame's hotrodse setup (For windows mame: "-ctrlr hotrodse" at command line, or "ctrlr hotrodse" in mame.ini)

NeoGeo games would need a special setup.  If you use the windows version of mame, v.60 or higher, the new ctrlr .ini files are the way to do this.  Just copy the neogeo.ini file in ctrlr/hotrodse folder to ctrlr/yourcpname and put "ctrlr yourcpname" in mame.ini.

BTW, you mean "5   1 2   6" as the key layout on the top, yes?  By default, "5" = player 1 coin, "6" = player 2 coin.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by 1026619200 »
Robin
Knowledge is Power