Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Need Adivce On New MAME Build  (Read 2352 times)

jets76

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 03, 2015, 08:05:54 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Need Adivce On New MAME Build
« on: December 02, 2015, 11:09:14 pm »
I built a mame cab along time ago and I have the itch to pull everything out and restore the MKII cabinet. The WG 25K7179 monitor needs some work so I am going to get a few caps swapped. Going to use a new Arcade VGA card and JPAC setup with a new pc. Right now it's one of the first AGP cards. I love the look of how this looks with AVGA and the WG.

My real challenge here is that I know some aspects of setting up all this but more technical details are beyond me at this point. My issue is getting the vertical games to display as nice as possible without getting the top and bottoms cut off. Originally I didn't care because I was happy that everything else worked at all. I can play Pac man at 640x480 but it looks smallish and horrible. I know it's never going to look as great as a rotated monitor at full 1:1 res but is there something else I can do? Running in some of the other resolutions doesn't really give me the desired look either. Keep in mind I was trying this on the old pc and old AVGA card now but I don't think the new updated card will make much difference will it?

DeLuSioNal29

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 20, 2023, 11:39:06 pm
  • Build the impossible -"There is no Spoon"
    • DeLuSioNaL's YouTube Videos
Re: Need Adivce On New MAME Build
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2015, 01:31:53 pm »
Have you tried using GroovyMAME?  Pacman looks fantastic on a Horizontal monitor using GM.

D
Stop by my Youtube channel and leave a comment: