Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: uroJUKEstyx alpha 2.03 by superbigjay (ready to download) : LRC!  (Read 61549 times)

RetroBorg

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 06, 2022, 09:22:13 am
  • Your arcade games will be assimilated!
Re: uroJUKEstyx : new jukebox software (In Progress)
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2012, 07:35:47 pm »
I already had a look at RetroBorg's Juke, which is nice, but I'm not sure what you want me to look at?
Jay  :dunno

Not my juke unfortunatley, that's egosbar.

Here's my jukebox plans.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 07:39:21 pm by RetroBorg »

RetroBorg

• Offline Offline
« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2012, 07:54:23 pm »

I'm not a fan of touchscreens so all my request will be from this point of view.

ive built mine around buttons but why not have the touchscreen option as well , the touchscreen with touchjams is supberb , look forward to seeing your design do you have anything on paper yet

when i built mine i drew plans up for months while i was researching , pleased to say ive got the only jukebox corner unit that ive come across lol
heres the link if you want a look http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,105231.0.html

I personally don't have any real issue with touch screens but I noticed for some reason most people do, I work in a gaming room and I remember when they tried reducing buttons on poker (slot) machines and went with touch screens, I noticed most people preferred buttons and wouldn't play the touch screen machines, the slot machine manufactures came to realised that too and returned to using buttons.

I won't have the touch screen option as I'd rather spend the money I save on the screen on RGB buttons to add some synchronised bling.

I can see why Touchjams is so good if you have a touch sreen but for me I much prefer the look of SK Jukebox.

I do really like the radio option is Touchjams, any chance of adding a feature like that in uroJUKEstyx Jay?

superbigjay

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 22, 2023, 02:50:03 pm
  • I'll always be a kid...
    • superbigjay website
« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2012, 11:06:22 pm »
I do really like the radio option is Touchjams, any chance of adding a feature like that in uroJUKEstyx Jay?
Not for now, but I'll add it to the wish list for future release. I don't think it's difficult to implement, but it's not a priority for me right now now since my cab is not even connected the internet...

Jay

superbigjay

• Offline Offline
    • superbigjay website
« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2012, 06:36:10 pm »
Not for now, but I'll add it to the wish list for future release. I don't think it's difficult to implement, but it's not a priority for me right now now since my cab is not even connected the internet...
Jay
I had a quick look for radio stream vs the audio engine, and if I'm not mistaking, to support it I would simply need to supply the url of the radio stream.
In that case, I could add a new music source on top of the actuals folders/profiles/playlist which would be radio list.
Then to listen to a radio, you would simply add that radio stream to the queue and voila.

If you want, send me a few urls to try out, and I'll check if it works or not.
If so, then adding it to the first release shouldn't be too difficult...
Jay

RetroBorg

• Offline Offline
« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2012, 06:53:11 am »
Jay
I had a quick look for radio stream vs the audio engine, and if I'm not mistaking, to support it I would simply need to supply the url of the radio stream.
In that case, I could add a new music source on top of the actuals folders/profiles/playlist which would be radio list.
Then to listen to a radio, you would simply add that radio stream to the queue and voila.

If you want, send me a few urls to try out, and I'll check if it works or not.
If so, then adding it to the first release shouldn't be too difficult...
Jay

Sounds good, you the man Jay!  :applaud:

superbigjay

• Offline Offline
    • superbigjay website
« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2012, 09:25:42 pm »
Sounds good, you the man Jay!  :applaud:
Well mayby not... I've spent 2 hours last night trying to make it works, but without any success.

The way phono work to play a mp3 file is
- create a mediasource by specifying the file path of the mp3
- setting the current source to it
- play

the way it is suppose to work with url is almost the same, except the you create the mediaSource by specifying the stream url.

But unfortunatly, it didn't seem to work.

My classes are already updated to support url (it's almost identical to supporting playlist, but stream url instead of file paths).
So whenever I got some more time for this feature and figure it out, the implementation should be fast enough.

But it will have to wait...

In the meantime, could you send me a few urls of the stations your listening with touchjam (probably some genre of playlist). So when I'll get back to this issue, I'll have some valid streams to work with. 

Jay  :dizzy:

superbigjay

• Offline Offline
    • superbigjay website
« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2012, 12:08:11 am »
Progress status ...

I added button customization (image for on/off button). I did a quick on/oo button just to see if it was working and if they were toggling as they are supposed to when a function is activated (ex: random of the now playing).

I also completed the filter form (save/load). I believe it will be flexible enough for everyone.
In SKJ, the filter was limited to the genre selection (if I'm not mistaking).
In uroJUKEstyx, you have 4 filter categories : (oops! by looking at my snapshot, I forgot to put the filter name on the form)
- genre
- artist
- year
- lists (playlist and eventually radio url list if I manage to get that part working)

For each category, you have a requisite selection:
- don't care : filtering is not taking into account that category.
- mandatory : the album must pass this filter category to be accepted. If not, it will be rejected, regardless of the other categories
- optional : the album will pass if at least one of the optional categories is passed

Also, you have the function used to determined if it is a pass or fail:
- Any : the filter will accept an album if ANY of the selected items is found
- None : the filter will accept an album if it doesn't include any of the selected items

So in the snapshot, the filter would be:
(genre = dance or hip hop) --> must be respected
(artist = Bob Seger, Kanye West or LMFAO) or (year = 2010, 2011 or 2012) --> artist or genre must be respected

I think that should be flexible enough to filter pretty much anything you would think of.

PS:
The last frame is showing album titles (albums and playlists) on this snapshot.
The final version will only show the playlists (and eventually radiolists)

If anything is missing, let me know.

Jay  :cheers:

egosbar

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 17, 2014, 12:26:20 am
« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2012, 02:10:31 am »
what about music spectrums , i loved the ones in sk juke and the ability to color them any way you wanted , the one with the bars and the square on top that dropped was great looking

RetroBorg

• Offline Offline
« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2012, 06:07:13 am »
Looking good Jay.

egosbar

• Offline Offline
« Reply #49 on: November 09, 2012, 04:18:26 pm »
 filter by decade ,  60s 70s 80s etc similar to touchjams , i know you could  opt for all by pushing all ten years , be good to have the option to have them onscreen like touchjams does or at least just by selectin one filter

egosbar

• Offline Offline
« Reply #50 on: November 09, 2012, 04:21:54 pm »
can see clear que list what about clear single?

i have about 300 songs in one of my lists sometimes when its on i just go through and clear 8 or 10 songs individually that are coming up leaving the songs that i really want to hear

egosbar

• Offline Offline
« Reply #51 on: November 09, 2012, 04:32:06 pm »
still not a fan of having long track numbers identifying songs

i have 3500 albums , so if i wanted to use buttons it could be 2874001 and in the case of a playlist with 1000 or more songs it could be 9876789 too many buttons to push , ive gone away from the idea of having abcd representing the albums on show or more if you use a 16 album page , instead 1 2 3 4 identifying the space the albums come in on then its album 1 song 12 , id actually get my number buttons working if that was the case

i also dont think it looks good having tracks with three numbers on them , four if you have 10 000 albums

although thinking about it more the abcd option would really feel like the old juke from the 70s pushing B12 for a song , id probably add abcd buttons to my juke

egosbar

• Offline Offline
« Reply #52 on: November 09, 2012, 04:37:51 pm »
i know your only in the early stages but a find cover art is a must or even better find all tags and redo at the file stage

superbigjay

• Offline Offline
    • superbigjay website
« Reply #53 on: November 09, 2012, 11:14:33 pm »
filter by decade ,  60s 70s 80s etc similar to touchjams , i know you could  opt for all by pushing all ten years , be good to have the option to have them onscreen like touchjams does or at least just by selectin one filter
Ok, added to wish list. It will probably be a checkbox "Use Decades" that will toggle between individual years and decades.

superbigjay

• Offline Offline
    • superbigjay website
« Reply #54 on: November 09, 2012, 11:28:10 pm »
can see clear que list what about clear single?

i have about 300 songs in one of my lists sometimes when its on i just go through and clear 8 or 10 songs individually that are coming up leaving the songs that i really want to hear

Clear Queue is enabled  if:
- config-->Audio Engine-->Allow All Songs Removal is checked
The function is triggered via:
- Key "Clear Queue" (set in key remap panel)
- On-Screen-Keyboard(Audio) key "Clear Queue"

Clear Last Song is enabled if:
- config-->Audio Engine-->Allow Last Song Removal is checked
The function is triggered via:
- Key "Remove Last Song" (set in key remap panel)
- On-Screen-Keyboard(Audio) key "Remove Last"

Clear any song in the queue is enabled if
- config-->Audio Engine-->Allow Clicked Song Removal is checked
The function is triggered via the mouse (or your finger on touchscreen) when clicking the song you want to remove.

Also, you could also use the next song key or OSK-key to skip the song if they have already started to play.

It's already coded and functional. I just have to disable the features when the options are unchecked (right now, they're always enable and the setting has no effect)

Hope it covers what you want.

superbigjay

• Offline Offline
    • superbigjay website
« Reply #55 on: November 09, 2012, 11:40:41 pm »
still not a fan of having long track numbers identifying songs

i have 3500 albums , so if i wanted to use buttons it could be 2874001 and in the case of a playlist with 1000 or more songs it could be 9876789 too many buttons to push , ive gone away from the idea of having abcd representing the albums on show or more if you use a 16 album page , instead 1 2 3 4 identifying the space the albums come in on then its album 1 song 12 , id actually get my number buttons working if that was the case

i also dont think it looks good having tracks with three numbers on them , four if you have 10 000 albums

although thinking about it more the abcd option would really feel like the old juke from the 70s pushing B12 for a song , id probably add abcd buttons to my juke
config-->general-->song id is dynamic.

When enabled, the numbers of digits for the song are the same and depends on the album that has the max number of song. So if you have 3 albums with, 4, 44, and 100 songs, then all song entry will required 3 numbers.
If disabled, then is uses the number of songs of the current album, so for the album with 4 songs : 1 digit, 44 songs: 2 digits and 100: 3 digits
- 100 = 3 numbers

It's already implemented.

Not sure if you also want an option to disable the 0's padding. Right now, if dyanamic numbering is disabled and you have 10 songs, the first song will be 01.

As for the page albums showing many albums. I'm already planning layouts with 4 and 8 albums per page. When I'll do the layout design for these page, I'll see if I can go with more albums (ex: 12 or 16). But this will be after I'm done coding and debugging basic functionalty.

superbigjay

• Offline Offline
    • superbigjay website
« Reply #56 on: November 09, 2012, 11:45:42 pm »
i know your only in the early stages but a find cover art is a must
I'll add the cover retrieval from the web of my low priority wishlist, since it's not a feature I intend to use personnaly (unless I connect my cab on my network). But it would be an interesting challenge. So added on wishlist.
or even better find all tags and redo at the file stage
I don't understand what you mean by finding the tags and redo ...  :dizzy:
Could you clarify this point please.

Good night!

superbigjay

• Offline Offline
    • superbigjay website
« Reply #57 on: November 10, 2012, 01:26:48 am »
config-->general-->song id is dynamic.
It's already implemented.
Snapshot when dynamic song is enable.
I have a top100 that uses 3 digits, and the others have something like 12-15 songs each.

I also completed
- random now playing
- random queue : the next song to be played from the queue is random
- repeat (queue) : the song is reinserted into the queue once sent to now playing
I still have to code the repeat-disable (unique) of the now playing. In this mode, a song is tagged as played and won't be played again until the "unique" mode is disable. When in this mode, the played song will be "disabled", preventing it to be selected for playbak either by the randomizer or by user.

Going to bed now... :dizzy:

superbigjay

• Offline Offline
    • superbigjay website
« Reply #58 on: November 10, 2012, 01:30:08 am »
is there anything else you can look at to scroll ,  ive never been a fan of scroll bars on a juke , it looks to computer orientated
Also on the snapshot, the scrollbars are unchecked in the config...

superbigjay

• Offline Offline
    • superbigjay website
« Reply #59 on: November 11, 2012, 11:51:53 pm »
I would like to have some customs buttons with various titles on them, like: Everything, Party, Phil, Debbie etc. push Everything and it displays all music, press Party and it may just display greatest hits albums, press Phill and it's my favourite albums, press Debbie and it plays her ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- music. This could be done easily by having uroJUKEstyx switch between the following directories C:\Music\Everything\, C:\Music\Party\, C:\Music\Phil, C:\Music\Debbie\, or what would be better but harder for you to impliment so it doesn't take up as much hard drive space have the ability to tick albums and save to someone's custom list etc.
Hey RetroBorg, I've implemented the profiles. (On the snapshot, there's no filtering, so you see all albums of the library AND albums from profiles, so you have some duplicate albums on screen).

The way I have implement it is:
in the config --> music library --> profiles
you add your profile files. These files are text files with a bunch of albums (folders)
When the programs build its library, it will parse the profile files and add the albums with the genre set to the name of the profile file.
So in my example, I had a file called RetroBorg.profile
The if you want, you can use the filter to select only the profiles which will be listed in the GENRE filter box.

For my test purpose, I wrote the file myself. Now, I have to find an "automated" way to do it... Any idea?
Maybe some edit mode where you could create a profile, then select in a list, the albums you want to use from the library for that profile?
If I go that way, obviously, all the albums to use for a given profile need to be in the library.

Anyways, if you have some ideas on this, let me know...

So tonight's progress:
- complete static library (all done)
- implement profiles (still need to figure out how to implement the profile edition)

RetroBorg

• Offline Offline
« Reply #60 on: November 12, 2012, 01:45:27 am »
You certainly are keeping busy, can't wait to try this software out!

For my test purpose, I wrote the file myself. Now, I have to find an "automated" way to do it... Any idea?
Maybe some edit mode where you could create a profile, then select in a list, the albums you want to use from the library for that profile?
If I go that way, obviously, all the albums to use for a given profile need to be in the library.

Yeah I'm thinking a list where you check the albums you want and save to your profile, of course you would need the ability to edit this list if you add some albums or decide to deselect an album you previously selected, you wouldn't want to start from scratch each time.

superbigjay

• Offline Offline
    • superbigjay website
« Reply #61 on: November 12, 2012, 08:33:48 am »
You certainly are keeping busy, can't wait to try this software out!
Yeah... but not progressing as fast as I would like, but I do what I can with the time I have ...
At firat, I though I would be releasing the first version for alpha-test ... but it seems I've decided to include more features, and I haven'T time to implement everything...  :dunno

Yeah I'm thinking a list where you check the albums you want and save to your profile, of course you would need the ability to edit this list if you add some albums or decide to deselect an album you previously selected, you wouldn't want to start from scratch each time.
Ok, I've got enough info to implement the profile editor.
I'll do something similar for the playlist.

Also, I thinks, there will be a way to specify a profile (or a playlist) in the config panel.
Then when the user is listening to music from the library and likes a song/album, will be able to add that current song/album to the "specified" playllist/profiles with a key (or by clicking a button AddSongToPlaylist/AddAlbumToProfile).
I thinks that should be flexible enough. At least for the first release.

Everything cover for playlist/profiles?

RetroBorg

• Offline Offline
« Reply #62 on: November 12, 2012, 07:56:14 pm »
Looking good to me.

superbigjay

• Offline Offline
    • superbigjay website
« Reply #63 on: November 12, 2012, 10:22:29 pm »
Perhaps some other "not so random" random modes, one that randomly plays only from songs previously selected in the past (this would be hard for you impliment I imagine)
I'm almost done adding a new random mode based on statistics.

Basically, it keep tracks of how many time a song was played (selected by the user).
When that random "stat" mode starts, it give 1 chance for all songs to be selected randomly, and adds (nbOfTimesPlayed * StrenghtRatio) to songs that already have played previously. That way song that have been selected before have more chances to be picked randomly, but still leave unplayed songs a little chance to be picked up too. The "strengthRatio" is used to give more or less importance to the previously played songs.

Right now, the counters are coded, the counter file is saved and restore.

I only need to integrate this new random stat-based along with the song-based to the random song selector (right now, I'm using "album based" random mode). I'll do that probably tomorrow night.

Tonight, I want to redo the filter tab. I have to do some modifications because right now, I'm using the GENRE to store the profile used. But with this technique, I end up with album duplicates that are not trivial to filter out. So, I'll add new filter items.
The filters items will be:
- genre
- artist
- year / decades / maybe also range??
- titles
- profiles
- playlists
The new interface should also be more natural to use ... hopefully   :lol

I added the first visualiation, which is simple the cover of the NowPlaying song. The others will come later since it is part of bling bling stuff.

superbigjay

• Offline Offline
    • superbigjay website
« Reply #64 on: November 14, 2012, 12:11:57 am »
tonight I was working on the profile/playlist editor.
Here how it will look like.

You have a textbox to specify the profile/playlist name (if you are creating a new one).
A list of all the available items from the library that you can add.
A list of the content of the profile/playlist.

Right now the form loads the library contents and the profile/playlist content.
I still have to code the button's methods to add/remove items.

Question: For the playlists, what format are you using? m3u files or something else?

Good night!

egosbar

• Offline Offline
« Reply #65 on: November 14, 2012, 03:52:25 am »
think you need sort alphapbetically by artist so you can see doubles in your playlist , with my personal playlist i have around 3-400 songs , better still would be already added but it wouldnt pick up same songs from different albums i guess

be good to add a song  while a song is playing and get told already added like media player does

superbigjay

• Offline Offline
    • superbigjay website
« Reply #66 on: November 14, 2012, 11:36:31 pm »
think you need sort alphapbetically by artist so you can see doubles in your playlist , with my personal playlist i have around 3-400 songs , better still would be already added but it wouldnt pick up same songs from different albums i guess
I've completed most of the profile/playlist editor stuff.
From the config panel - music library, you can see the profiles used for the library. Like for music folders, you can add/remove profiles. You can also create a new one, edit an existing one or delete the profile from the harddrive.
When you edit or create a new profile/playlist, the form shows on the right the available albums (profile) or songs (playlist).
On the left, you have the actual contents of your profile/playlist.
You can add/remove items from your list, and save it.

be good to add a song  while a song is playing and get told already added like media player does
That part is almost done. In the config panel - music lib, you can select 1 playlist and 1 profiles to make them the actives one. Then when a song is playing, pressing the appropriate key (config-key remap), it will add the song or albums to the active profile/playlist. Those lists are built to avoid any duplicate in them, so if a song is already there, the content won't change.
There will be a message widget somewhere in the interface. Once implemented, I could easilly display a message (song added to playlist X, album added to profile Y, album is already in profile X, etc).

So for that part, I still have to add the variable to the config + save/restore, add the 2 new keys (add song, add album) and add the info to the file.

This will be done tomorrow, since it's already getting too late...

So snapshots ...

RetroBorg

• Offline Offline
« Reply #67 on: November 15, 2012, 12:45:04 am »
I like it!  ;D

superbigjay

• Offline Offline
    • superbigjay website
« Reply #68 on: November 19, 2012, 11:38:20 pm »
I took the weekend off to rest a bit, have some quality time with my 3 boys and wife and change my winter tires  ;D

Here the latest progress...

Playlist : fully implemented
you can add existant playlist (*.m3u, *.profile), create new ones or remove,
If you want other formats than m3u, just let me know and I'll add that to the wishlist.
You can also edit them and add/remove song as you want, then save them.
You can also select an ACTIVE playlist. When a song is playing, pressing the designated key or (clicking the button), will add the song to that playlist. A message is displayed to inform the user id the song is added or if it was already in the list (so no duplicates there).
For uroJUKEbox, the playlist is simple another album, with the following metadata:
- genre = playlist
- artist = various artist
- year = playlist file creation date
- title = playlist name

Profiles : fully implemented
You can add existant profile (*.profile), create, remove et edit (similar to playlist edition)
You can select an ACTIVE profile.
When a song is playing, you can add the song's album by pressing the key or button and like for playlist, it displays a message.
For uroJUKEstyx, profiles are simply an attribute of the albums that can be used by the filters to select your music.

Filters : almost done.
you can use genre, artist, year, title, playlist, profiles.
you can use functions like ANY or NONE and requisites like DONTCARE, MANDATORY or OPTIONAL.
The only thing missing is the decade selection instead of individual years.
I'll do that later this week.

Also, I've figured how I will implement the layout support. Basically, the user will be able to setup its interface like he wants (almost).
That means that having 4 or 32 albums with or without song lists shouldn't be a problem. (there will however only be a max of 8 selection keys for those using buttons). This will be for the seconf release, as it might take a bit of time, and I have to see how to parametrize all this to be easy to work with... More info on this later...

I also have to write the documentation to go with to software to explains what it can and cannot do...

So, still progressing slowly....

superbigjay

• Offline Offline
    • superbigjay website
« Reply #69 on: November 20, 2012, 10:14:58 pm »
Do you think uroJUKEstyx will be able to load as fast as SK Jukebox?
Yesterday I received my new portable harddrive to replace the one that went kaput  :cry:

I did try it on my laptop.
The first load right after connecting the hd took about 50 seconds to load my library.
But all subsequent runs were a lot faster and similar to SKJ performance : about 4 seconds.

## Buildlib start =  "22:02:24"
## Buildlib end =  "22:02:28"
## Number of albums =  1678 , number of songs =  27288

Which is similar to what I get with SKJ on the same laptop with the same hd.

The album scrolling (without animation of course) also seems to match SKJ's.

So no bad news for this part.

matt4949

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 07, 2021, 09:24:54 pm
  • Poor Kids Only Got To Watch Video Games
« Reply #70 on: November 20, 2012, 10:37:49 pm »

Perhaps some other "not so random" random modes, one that randomly plays only from songs previously selected in the past (this would be hard for you impliment I imagine) or one that only play randoms songs from a saved playlist.

That would be awsome

superbigjay

• Offline Offline
    • superbigjay website
« Reply #71 on: November 20, 2012, 10:48:35 pm »
Filters : almost done.
you can use genre, artist, year, title, playlist, profiles.
you can use functions like ANY or NONE and requisites like DONTCARE, MANDATORY or OPTIONAL.
The only thing missing is the decade selection instead of individual years.
I'll do that later this week.
All right, Filters are done too!

I have added decades as a new filter items.
That way you can use both decades and years to have even more flexibility.

So let say you want all rock albums from the 80s, 90s and also from 1979, you would set your filters like this:
Genre = rock (mandatory)
Year = 1979 (optional)
Decade = 1980s, 1990s (optional)

The filters work this way:
First, it checks for all optional categories and returns a match if an album passes 1 or more categories.
Then, it checks for all mandatory categories and returns a match if an album passes all of them (including the result of the optional part).
Anyways, this will be explain in the user help.

The filtering is also quite fast, enabling a few filters that returns about 900 albums took about 2 seconds to refresh the filtered album list. So again it's comparable to SKJ vs its genre selection.

I also added in the configuration panel a detection of what is modified.
So if you you and modify something that affect the library (ex : add a music folder source or a playlist), it will rebuild, filter and reorder the library and update the display.
If you modify something that affect the album filter or order (ex add a profile or modify the filters), it will filter and reorder the library and update the display.
And for the rest, it simply update the display.

That might be beneficial for poeple having slow cpu that take a lot of time to build the library, since it tries to skip unecessary steps.
If y

superbigjay

• Offline Offline
    • superbigjay website
« Reply #72 on: November 20, 2012, 11:00:44 pm »
Perhaps some other "not so random" random modes, one that randomly plays only from songs previously selected in the past (this would be hard for you impliment I imagine) or one that only play randoms songs from a saved playlist.
That would be awsome
Hello Matt4949, welcome to this thread...

your comment looks a lot like what RetroBorg asked before:
Perhaps some other "not so random" random modes, one that randomly plays only from songs previously selected in the past (this would be hard for you impliment I imagine)

As I said before:
I'm almost done adding a new random mode based on statistics.

Basically, it keep tracks of how many time a song was played (selected by the user).
When that random "stat" mode starts, it give 1 chance for all songs to be selected randomly, and adds (nbOfTimesPlayed * StrenghtRatio) to songs that already have played previously. That way song that have been selected before have more chances to be picked randomly, but still leave unplayed songs a little chance to be picked up too. The "strengthRatio" is used to give more or less importance to the previously played songs.

I almost completed this part, so it should be functional soon enough and will be included in my first release.

As for playing song from playlist randomly, it's already implemented and can be done with these 2 options:
   1a. set your filter to select only the playlists you want
   1b. Turn on random and repeat of the audio engine's NowPlaying

or
   2a. Turn on random and repeat of the audio engine's queue
   2a. Add the full playlist album to the queue

egosbar

• Offline Offline
« Reply #73 on: November 21, 2012, 12:24:31 am »
Do you think uroJUKEstyx will be able to load as fast as SK Jukebox?
Yesterday I received my new portable harddrive to replace the one that went kaput  :cry:

I did try it on my laptop.
The first load right after connecting the hd took about 50 seconds to load my library.
But all subsequent runs were a lot faster and similar to SKJ performance : about 4 seconds.

## Buildlib start =  "22:02:24"
## Buildlib end =  "22:02:28"
## Number of albums =  1678 , number of songs =  27288

Which is similar to what I get with SKJ on the same laptop with the same hd.

The album scrolling (without animation of course) also seems to match SKJ's.

So no bad news for this part.

skg scroll was a little buggy in places , at least on mine and nowhere near the scrolling that sk had , one of the things i liked about sk scroll was  i could  hold my button right or left down and it would scroll though 3000 albums from a - z in 5 or 10 seconds

superbigjay

• Offline Offline
    • superbigjay website
« Reply #74 on: November 21, 2012, 06:09:33 am »
skg scroll was a little buggy in places , at least on mine and nowhere near the scrolling that sk had , one of the things i liked about sk scroll was  i could  hold my button right or left down and it would scroll though 3000 albums from a - z in 5 or 10 seconds

I did a trial with skj vs ujb and indeed skj performs a lot better on that point of view
SKJ is about 15s for 1700 albums
UJB is about 45s

And the display isn't as smooth as SKJ in that situation.
In skj, you can see the albumId incrementing really fast, making it easy to stop where you want.
In UJB, the albumId (and album info) seems to take jump from 0-->175--->400 ..., making it hard ...  :cry:

I thinks it's related on how Qt handles the "next album" command is interpreted in QT C++ vs VisualBasic (in which I believe SKJ is written).

I have an idea that might resolve that. I'll try it tonight, because I find it annoying too.
I'll reort back tonight.

Edit:
By the way, that scrolling with 5-10 second scroll for 3000+ albums, was that with album scrolling animation turn on?
It's just to have an idea to have a reference to evaluate the fix On my laptop, scrooling without album animation was about 15 for 1700 abums, but longer with animation turned on....
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 07:10:04 am by superbigjay »

superbigjay

• Offline Offline
    • superbigjay website
« Reply #75 on: November 21, 2012, 10:00:34 pm »
And the display isn't as smooth as SKJ in that situation.
In skj, you can see the albumId incrementing really fast, making it easy to stop where you want.
In UJB, the albumId (and album info) seems to take jump from 0-->175--->400 ..., making it hard ...  :cry:

I thinks it's related on how Qt handles the "next album" command is interpreted in QT C++ vs VisualBasic (in which I believe SKJ is written).

I have an idea that might resolve that. I'll try it tonight, because I find it annoying too.
I'll report back tonight.
The workaround works.

The problem was that when refreshing the album page, we load the album info (genre, title, artist, year), the song list and the cover image.
When you scroll, the auto repeat is much faster than the time it takes to load the cover image. This results into a scrolling behavior that is not smooth at all... You don't see the album incrementing 1 page at at a time, but N pages, making it hard to stop scrolling where you want to.

What I did to circumvent the problem, it when you refresh the album page, the album info is updated and a timer is started.
When the timer expires, the cover and song list are loaded. This results into a really fast scrolling, with the album info being refreshed, but the cover and song list are simply cleared. As soon as you release the key, the album cover and song list are updated after the delay specified.

There is a function that is supposed to return the delay time for auto-repeat key by the OS, but the value returned by that function is way too big (400ms). So I'll add a config option to enable that fast scroll feature where you will specify the delay.

I think that should give you an acceptable scroll speed with uroJUKEstyx

egosbar

• Offline Offline
« Reply #76 on: November 22, 2012, 02:04:55 am »

By the way, that scrolling with 5-10 second scroll for 3000+ albums, was that with album scrolling animation turn on?
It's just to have an idea to have a reference to evaluate the fix On my laptop, scrooling without album animation was about 15 for 1700 abums, but longer with animation turned on....

it was with animation off ,  are you referring to skg juke or sk juke , sk was the one that scrolled really fast when button held down , skg never done it unless skeptikalgeek updated it , i always had a little trouble with skg juke scrolling at times really stuttered and slow but only only through certain letters for some reason , never got to pinpoint the problem

superbigjay

• Offline Offline
    • superbigjay website
« Reply #77 on: November 22, 2012, 10:59:16 pm »
it was with animation off ,  are you referring to skg juke or sk juke , sk was the one that scrolled really fast when button held down , skg never done it unless skeptikalgeek updated it , i always had a little trouble with skg juke scrolling at times really stuttered and slow but only only through certain letters for some reason , never got to pinpoint the problem
No I was refering to SK Jukebox. I use it as my reference to evaluate the performances of my uJs. My work around works fine and not displaying the cover shouldn't be a problem since I imagine that having 3000 displayed in 15-30 seconds would be pretty useless  :laugh:

superbigjay

• Offline Offline
    • superbigjay website
« Reply #78 on: November 28, 2012, 07:36:31 am »
The project is still alive ... I just didn<t had time to post anything lately.

Quick update :
- number navigation through the library : completed
- creation of the button icons : completed (I'll post something tonight or tomorrow)

Next steps:
- find pannel
- jump pannel and functions

After that, I'll wrap everything up for the first release.
I'll post what funtions will be included in the next few days..

RetroBorg

• Offline Offline
« Reply #79 on: November 28, 2012, 11:13:10 pm »
Sounds good, keep those updates coming!