Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: uroJUKEstyx alpha 2.03 by superbigjay (ready to download) : LRC!  (Read 61496 times)

superbigjay

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 22, 2023, 02:50:03 pm
  • I'll always be a kid...
    • superbigjay website
Here are the latest download links:
uroJUKEstyx alpha 1.03 for win7
uroJUKEstyx alpha 1.03 for winXP

Have fun and report any issues.

Jay  :cheers:
---- ORIGINAL POST BELOW ----

Hello everyone,

It’s been a few years that I’ve completed my arcade cabinet project uroMAMEstyx

The cab is still on my main floor, in my dining room and we use is to play mainly arcade classic and also as HUGE jukebox when we have people coming over.

The software use for jukebox is the popular SK Jukebox, which is great, but since its development stopped a long time ago, and that it was left with some minor issues, I’ve decided to build my own software to fit my needs and that at the same time perfect my programming skills.

The project is called uroJUKEstyx to match my cab’s name (see my avatar)..

The main features of this software will be:

1) Similar look and feel as SK Jukebox
2) Written in C++ using Qt.
3) Audio engine will be Qt’s Phonon (no video support for now)

I expect the first release to be available in 3 weeks since I have very limited time for any personal stuff  lately ... I’ve got 3 kids 0-2-4, so when I’m able to get 1 hour of free time after bed time, I’m quite happy :)

If some people are available and interested, I could used some beta-testers to validate stuff and get some valuable feedback on the software.
For the first release, I would need people with:
-   Winxp or win7
-    mp3 libraries using folder/file name style used to identify their albums and songs (non-id3).
-   Using keyboard control (touchscreens will be supported in second release)
If you’re interested, please manifest yourself and give me your folder/file naming style so that I make sure it is supported.

In my case, I’m using
   <GENRE>/<ARTIST>/<YEAR> - <ALBUM_TITLE>/<TRACK> - <SONG_TITLE>
And the album cover is named
   Album.jpg

The first release will include:
-   1 or more folders of music
-   Dynamic build of library using folder/file name style
-   Standard view (4 albums)
-   Full view (1 album)
-   Genre or year selection
-   Find
-   Jump (previous next letter)
-   Randomize queue
And other options.
If you have some fonctions that you believe are essentials, please post them and I'll include them in my todo list if they fit my project...

In the subsequent releases, I’ll include the ID3 support, album change animations, interface customization, uroJUKEskin to match my cab theme and its assorted Mala skin.

I still have a lot of stuff to do, but I’ll post some snapshots of the software when it is ready ... hopefully in about 2 weeks  ;)

« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 06:23:25 pm by superbigjay »

superbigjay

• Offline Offline
    • superbigjay website
Re: uroJUKEstyx : new jukebox software (In Progress)
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2012, 04:34:31 pm »
A snapshot of the window-ish look interface that I have right now.
Please, no comment on the album selection. This is my test library that is easy to carry ;)
Of course the control panel widget at the bottom will disappear and the audio panel (current song) will change, but for now, these are perfect for me to implement the different functions...

superbigjay

• Offline Offline
    • superbigjay website
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 11:42:06 pm »
I'm currently working on the config options to save/restore them and being able to change them in the program.

I did all the windows forms and all base accessors (get/set) for all options except for the key remapping and color/font selection (see attachments).
The color/font selection won't be part of the first version, but the key remap yes...

So the next steps
- complete the key remap form tab.
- make up the schedule and decide in which version the different options will be included.

If you see a "must do" option that is missing iin the list, please let me know.

By the end of the week, I should have a good idea of the time frame for the different function implementation.

Going to bed now ...
Jay :cheers:

egosbar

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 17, 2014, 12:26:20 am
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2012, 06:52:16 am »
ill have a look for you mate, i gave skeptikal geek a lot of feedback on skg juke and also touchjams im currently using and giving feedback

to tell you the truth touchjams is the best ive used although still has a few things id like to see and bob is working on some of them

heres a thought i know your hooked on your own program but its a lot of work , especially ironing out the bugs when they come

touchjams im pretty sure is open source but im not positive , there are some things that need working on maybe you could put your effort there , things like page scroll by album when not in use , ability to change spectrum colors just to name a couple

im sorry but what i see is another juke program that will proabably fall behind in the next few years the same as sk and skg juke ,  hope im wrong , anyway ill be happy to give you feed back i have windows seven
i think touchjams will be around for a long time its commercial now and is very very good and will only get better

ive tried to design a couple of buttons as the home buttons down the side are not what i want do you have any cool home genre now playing etc buttons that look real

superbigjay

• Offline Offline
    • superbigjay website
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2012, 11:15:32 pm »
heres a thought i know your hooked on your own program but its a lot of work , especially ironing out the bugs when they come
Yeah I know it's a lot of work, but with this project, Ive got 2 goals
- have a program that fits my cab
- perfect and maintain my programing skills.

touchjams im pretty sure is open source but im not positive , there are some things that need working on maybe you could put your effort there , things like page scroll by album when not in use , ability to change spectrum colors just to name a couple
Touchjams indeeds looks real good, but it won't work on my cab, the main reason being that the cab uses a good old 32" CRT TV, and as you know, resolution is terrible on these (800x600 is the best you can get ... and the fonts need to be not too small).
So far the best that I could find with my setup was SK Jukebox.

The program should be around long enough... At least as long as I have a cab. But I fully understand your comment.

I'm glad you would be available to give me some feedback when oit will be ready to test.
I'll keep you posted on this...

ive tried to design a couple of buttons as the home buttons down the side are not what i want do you have any cool home genre now playing etc buttons that look real
You mean for touchjams?
The first step for me is to get the functionality right and maybe some sort of black skin that looks alike the original skjukebox.
After that, I'll concentrate on skinning the interface and adding some customized buttons and layout.

Take care!
Time to go to bed now ... zzzz :dizzy:

Meph

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 19, 2024, 05:40:34 pm
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2012, 07:53:20 am »
You know with just a little tweaking, the original SK jukebox works flawlessly.  I ran it on my first cab and for a button based juke I couldn't find any better.  I tried a lot of SKG but it is really buggy and doesn't have half the customization of SK.  If your intent on making your own juke then have at it, there are plenty of us here to test for ya.  I'm working on a couple touchscreen jukes but I am planning another button juke soon so keep us informed.

superbigjay

• Offline Offline
    • superbigjay website
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2012, 09:53:55 pm »
Hello Meph!

I agree with you that SKJ rocks!
The only feature that I can't manage to fix is the jump to the next/previous letter. For some reason, sometime it jumps correctly and sometime it jumps "half way" (ex: I'm at ACDC and it jumps to AEROSMITHH, instead of going to B52), then the jump key doesn't work until I scroll one album page, then it will jump again...
Anyways, it's not a big bug, but it is anoying...

I'll try to make uroJUKEstyx it as much flexible as SKJ.

The last 2 days were spent on the config module with all the available options that I plan to include. I still have to make a schedule of the features implementations ...

Here're the snapshots of the current config forms. If you see anything missing, let me know.

When that laborious config part is completed (which involve a tremendous amount of cut n paste), I'll start to work on the final interface.

superbigjay

• Offline Offline
    • superbigjay website
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2012, 11:46:28 pm »
OK, I've completed the config forms as you can see in me previous post.

This is a quick overview of what the software can do for now

- the audio engine is working (play/pause/skip song/click on timeline/current time/remaining time/total time/volume/mute)
- At startup, uroJUKEstyx loads the config file (or create a default one if inexistant)
- it scans the music folders and build the library using the style GENRE/ARTIST/YEAR-ALBUMTITLE/TRACK-SONGTITLE
- you can scroll the albums
- you can add a song by double-clicking on it
- you can add a full album by double clicking on it

Here's a snapshot of the interface.

Right now I'm using buttons to triggers the various features.
This will eventually be replaced by the keyboard keypress.

egosbar

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2012, 03:04:53 pm »
you can add a song by double-clicking on it
- you can add a full album by double clicking on

do you have single  click option

egosbar

• Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2012, 03:12:13 pm »
not a fan of having the tracks next to the album cover on main screen. makes for small font and hard on touch screens, just my personal preference is to see four albums as big as you can get them, album and artist title then click the album and open up single page with songs

just seems too much info , i think of it like looking at a cd, you look at the cover then turn it over to see the tracks

superbigjay

• Offline Offline
    • superbigjay website
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2012, 12:20:06 am »
you can add a song by double-clicking on it
- you can add a full album by double clicking on

do you have single  click option
Right now no. But it is in the feature list : general - auto accept song when clicked in full view.

I'LL try to include it in the first release. If not,it will be in the second...

I have many things left to do and one of them is the help files and complete feature list with the target release dates.

The architecture (classes, function, signal, msg) seems complete and seems fine to implement all the feature.

I'm taking tomorrow off, so I'll post the new status Sunday night (need some family time)

superbigjay

• Offline Offline
    • superbigjay website
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2012, 12:23:31 am »
not a fan of having the tracks next to the album cover on main screen. makes for small font and hard on touch screens, just my personal preference is to see four albums as big as you can get them, album and artist title then click the album and open up single page with songs

just seems too much info , i think of it like looking at a cd, you look at the cover then turn it over to see the tracks
Thanks for the feedback ego star. It's already on my List for the second release where I'll offer different layouts along with some customization features.

I'll post the mock ups later...

superbigjay

• Offline Offline
    • superbigjay website
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2012, 07:26:23 am »
not a fan of having the tracks next to the album cover on main screen. makes for small font and hard on touch screens

Hey egosbar (sorry or renaming you egostar... i'm not used to tye with my tablet)....

your're using a touchscreen juke right?

For touch screen support, here're the function that will be implmented. Let me know wht you think
- On Screen NumPad (for album selection via numbers)
- On Screen AudioPad (for audio control like volume, net song, etc)
- On Screen FunctionPad (to trig funtions like find, view queue, filter, etc)
- On Screen NavigationPad (scroll album, jump next letter, etc)
- On Screen JumpPad (letters to jump directly at the corresponding letter)
- On screen keyboard (qwerty keyboard for find, etc)
  *** I'll post the OSKs tomorrow night since today is a day off  ;) so you'll be able to give feedback on these.
- auto-accept song when clicked (touchpad)
   I was thinking add the song on the release instead of press, that way, the song would
   be highlighted on press, and the user could adjust the song if the wrong song is selected, then release the screen --> song added)
- hide mouse cursor (touchscreen)

I think that's about it. Anything missing?

Like I said, I'll post a snapshot of the different On Screen Widgets tomorrow for more feedback.
I could use your feedback from touchscreen user to see if the different group includes the right keys.

egosbar

• Offline Offline
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2012, 07:41:56 pm »
looks good im looking forward to trialing it out

ya im using a touch screen jukebox i built the pics etc are here if you search my threads

i have a big music collection so numbers are not an option the way sk and skg juke had them

what id love to see is a four album page with say ABCD representing them , when you scroll the next four become ABCD in that window then you could just push say A12 instead of for instance album 578 song 12 , i think this would be more like the old juke functions. to do this you would have to have the tracks on front page though but just an idea that i havent seen so far

one of the most important options i think is playlists, my playlist would hold about 300 songs so a play now button if your looking through the playlist is important

not sure how much you have looked at touchjams , it has some very good features and worthwhile having a look at just to get an idea of things you may be missing

superbigjay

• Offline Offline
    • superbigjay website
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2012, 01:59:08 pm »
what id love to see is a four album page with say ABCD representing them , when you scroll the next four become ABCD in that window then you could just push say A12 instead of for instance album 578 song 12 , i think this would be more like the old juke functions. to do this you would have to have the tracks on front page though but just an idea that i havent seen so far
SKJ has a similar option : you can configure 4 keys to display albums 1-4. The equivalent touchscreen key are the covers themself.
If I understand correctly what you want is
- having a touch button to select one of the 4 albums of the current page
- having 9 num buttons to enter the song number
So in your example you would need to press "A" + "1" + "2" instead of "5" + "7" + "8" + "1" + "2"?
When "A" is selected, do you want to go in the full album view or remain in the page view?
Do you need OnScreenKey for ABCD, or clicking on the album cover would be fine?
Anyways, I already planned to support all keys via OnScreenKeys which will be customizable, so it should be fine anyways.
I'll use your user experience then...

one of the most important options i think is playlists, my playlist would hold about 300 songs so a play now button if your looking through the playlist is important
It will eventually support it, but probably not for the first release.
When using playlist, how do you load it? Via a file dialog window to select your playlist?

not sure how much you have looked at touchjams
I'll have a look when I'll optimize the touchscreen features. I'll probably get some nice ideas to add news features  ;)

egosbar

• Offline Offline
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2012, 01:15:53 am »
yep a + 1 + 2 only three button pushes compared to the other way 5 or even six if you hav a thousand albums or more which i do

i think an option of mapping abcd to buttons , and probably abcd on screen with numbers 0-9 of course hidable if you dont want them but it would certainly give it a jukebox feel , id probably add abcd buttons to my juke

i think selecting abcd buttons to take you to full screen of sont titles would be better that way you dont need songs on front page just album covers

when selecting playlists im really not sure how they load , touchjams takes longer to load a long playlist then skg , windows media player does it the best , you can add songs while they are playing by right click and add to playlist , also a message comes up if the song is already added , id be trying to do what media player does

id like to see realistic buttons , really looking forward to testing another juke , i really like sk juke and skg although this was giving some grief with bugs which is why i changed to touchjams

touchjams has a auto check to see if it is registered quite often , my computer uses a dongle and sometimes takes a while to pick up the wi fi signal so a back up juke would be awesome , and who knows it could be the main one , time will tell

ill be able to give more feedback when the beta test starts ,

ego

superbigjay

• Offline Offline
    • superbigjay website
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2012, 09:27:17 pm »
yep a + 1 + 2 only three button pushes compared to the other way 5 or even six if you hav a thousand albums or more which i do

i think an option of mapping abcd to buttons , and probably abcd on screen with numbers 0-9 of course hidable if you dont want them but it would certainly give it a jukebox feel , id probably add abcd buttons to my juke

Since the album cover art are always displayed, could the album cover replace those 4 buttons?
Example, you select one of the 4 albums by clicking the appropriate cover.
Then you would go in album view (1 album displayed) if enabled, or remain in the page view (in both case, this would select the album you just clicked like if it was an ABCD button)
Then you could enter your song digits.
So In you example, it would still be 3 clicks.
I can easilly add those buttons (in fact, they're already in my Navigation OnScreenKeyboard), but since I plan to have a layout showing 12 covers without song tracks (like touchjams), that would require 12 buttons, which could be avoided if by simply using the covers.
What do you think?

id like to see realistic buttons
By realistic buttons, you mean having some cool buttons like the one in attachment instead of having the traditional windowish button?
If that's what you mean, then yes, I intend to polish the interface once the functionality is debug...

egosbar

• Offline Offline
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2012, 12:57:32 am »
yes id agree open the album by clicking on or touching it , puts you onto a one album page with tracks , either enter number of track or touch song title

some people like 4-8-12-16 album views , personally i like 4 big albums that you can see from the other side of the room , i also like them to look lilke cds(album player goes up a notch and has the cd booklet if you add it) , if you look at touchjams and use the skin i created under the 4:3 screen you will see what i mean  , you need both types of screens as most jukes are built using a 4 3 screen

to be honest i put 0-9 on my jukebox but have never used them as thealbum/ song numbers we too long so i just touch the album and track i want

not seeing an attatchment but i think albym player has some nice buttons from memory , again in my skin touchjams you will see ive tried to put buttons that look like they are on , ie the a-z letters , also if you show the decade buttons which i havent got showing on that skin although easy to tick the visible button in the skinning option you will see what i mean

i was never a fan of the jump letter in sk juke , i prefer how touchjams has all the letters visible to touch

one of the best features i loved in i think sk and certainly skg juke was the album scroll when player has been idle , mine used to scroll by four albums at a time every 5 or 10 seconds , great to glance and see an album you havent played in a while if your not at the juke , remote option is important but i think the easiest way is to use logmein remote support with a ipad or iphone at least thats what i do for touchjams works well

superbigjay

• Offline Offline
    • superbigjay website
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2012, 11:23:40 pm »
not seeing an attatchment but i think albym player has some nice buttons from memory
Sorry, I've forgot to attached the jpg.
So you're talking about having some nice images used as buttons like these ones (or something else that would fit and look good).
So yes, it will eventually have a nice interface when I'll get there  :dizzy:

superbigjay

• Offline Offline
    • superbigjay website
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2012, 12:13:44 am »
Latest status...

I have created some OnScreenKeyboard that can be used with uroJUKEstyx.

For the debug process, I've put them at the bottom of the window and I use them to highlight functionality that is already done and what's not (bold = done).

These are :
OSK for number (to select songs with numbers) which includes : 0-9, backspace and enter
OSK for audio engine control which includes : volume up/dn, mute, skip forward/backward, restart song, pause, next song, random. equalizer
OSK for functions that trigger various functionality : about, help, options, find, jump, view queue, filter
OSK for navigation : jump previous/next letter, scroll left/right, back, quit
OSK for debug purpose
Basically, all the keys that can be mapped in the configuration can also be accessed via those OSK

I will also have a QWERTY OSK available for text entry for find/jump/etc and maybe an alpha OSK for jump to a specific letter. Those will come later.

I also have modified some config tab to regroup items together.
The following tabs are modified since my last snapshot posts:
- general
- display
- key remap (just have to add exclusive check : key can only be used once)
- audio engine (was current song before)

I also started to code the resize function to autoscale the different pannels and give enough flexibility to implement the different layout I have in mind...

Well enough for tonight.

Cheers everyones!

RetroBorg

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 06, 2022, 09:22:13 am
  • Your arcade games will be assimilated!
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2012, 05:06:20 am »
Looks good!

I'm a big fan of SK Jukebox, if you can replicate that without the small bugs and add some features I'd be the happiest man ever.  ;D

I'm happy to beta test anything too but I'm using Windows 8.

I believe SK Jukebox excels in four areas, the way it looks, the amount of options to suit so many different setups, the speed to scan all the music on load up and the speed it scrolls at.

You are obviously in early development and it looks really windowish at the moment, will it have the ability to look exactly like SK Jukebox when finished?

Looking at your screenshots it looks like you have nearly all the options that SK Jukebox has, that's great.

Do you think uroJUKEstyx will be able to load as fast as SK Jukebox?

Will uroJUKEstyx scroll the albums as quickly and as smoothly as SK Jukebox?

I think this is one place that SKG Jukebox really fell down, it seemed to stutter along when scrolling.

Would like to see a screenshot of your Fonts/Colors screen, it looks like you've improved every config form over SK Jukebox, in SK Jukebox the worst config form was the Fontss/Colors screen, it's a hard screen to make user friendly, I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

I have some feature requests for you, I haven't built a jukebox yet but it will be my next project, it will be purely button based, I'm not a fan of touchscreens so all my request will be from this point of view.

In SK Jukebox it's possible to make an album go into full mode by pressing F1, F2, F3, F4, can you add this to your key remapping screen too? I want to be able to select albums using this method then scroll up and down and press enter to select the song I wish to play, I don't wish to use numbers at all.

I would like to have some customs buttons with various titles on them, like: Everything, Party, Phil, Debbie etc. push Everything and it displays all music, press Party and it may just display greatest hits albums, press Phill and it's my favourite albums, press Debbie and it plays her ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- music. This could be done easily by having uroJUKEstyx switch between the following directories C:\Music\Everything\, C:\Music\Party\, C:\Music\Phil, C:\Music\Debbie\, or what would be better but harder for you to impliment so it doesn't take up as much hard drive space have the ability to tick albums and save to someone's custom list etc.

Perhaps some other "not so random" random modes, one that randomly plays only from songs previously selected in the past (this would be hard for you impliment I imagine) or one that only play randoms songs from a saved playlist.

Support video clips.

Support dual screen.

Any chance of supporting NowPlayingScreenSaver: http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,119045.msg1272730.html#msg1272730

Display visualisations or synchronised lyrics (LRC format http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LRC_%28file_format%29) or even perhaps lyrics on top of the visualisations, displayed where the albums are or on a second screen.

« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 10:44:10 am by RetroBorg »

superbigjay

• Offline Offline
    • superbigjay website
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2012, 10:19:34 pm »
I'm happy to beta test anything too but I'm using Windows 8.
That shouldn't be a problem, I imagine that the program compiled on win7 should be compatible to run on win8.
Right now, I have 1 XP and 2 win7. If it isn't compatible, I'll have a reason to change my old desktop  >:D

I believe SK Jukebox excels in four areas, the way it looks, the amount of options to suit so many different setups, the speed to scan all the music on load up and the speed it scrolls at. You are obviously in early development and it looks really windowish at the moment, will it have the ability to look exactly like SK Jukebox when finished?
When finished, it will (hopefully) looks better than SKJ, but it will be really similar since I like it's simple appearance.
I haven't try the scrolling with animation since it isn't implemented yet, but the "static" update of the 4 album while scrolling seems fast enough.
I didn't try to scan my full library (1500-2000 albums using non-id3 file/folder namestyle). I wanted to give it a try, but my backup drive seems dead, so I would have to restore the backup from my homeserver on another drive... I'll try that this weekend and report back in a few days.

Would like to see a screenshot of your Fonts/Colors screen, it looks like you've improved every config form over SK Jukebox, in SK Jukebox the worst config form was the Fontss/Colors screen, it's a hard screen to make user friendly, I look forward to seeing what you come up with.
That's because I haven't implemented it yet  :-\
I never changed the default fonts/colors of skj, but I just had a look and I understad what you mean.
I have a good idea on how to implement it, so I think it will be easier to get the feel of the color/font selection. I'll probably display a window using some real widget from the form so we'll see exactly how it looks with the new fonts/colors.
But it won't be included in my first release ... I really have to focus on basic functionality ... time time time...

I have some feature requests for you...
full mode by pressing F1, F2, F3, F4
It was there 2 days agos, but I remove them assuming that a click (touch) on the album cover would select it, and I forgot that some people could use it only with keyboard keys ... I'll add them back soon enough. There will be more than 4 however, since I plan to have layouts displaying an album page with 4, 8 (and maybe 12-16). I'll have to think of the layouts I'll implement. But there willl be at least 4 keys for that purpose in the first release.

I would like to have some customs buttons with various titles on them, like: Everything, Party, Phil, Debbie etc. push Everything and it displays all music, press Party and it may just display greatest hits albums, press Phill and it's my favourite albums, press Debbie and it plays her ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- music. This could be done easily by having uroJUKEstyx switch between the following directories C:\Music\Everything\, C:\Music\Party\, C:\Music\Phil, C:\Music\Debbie\, or what would be better but harder for you to impliment so it doesn't take up as much hard drive space have the ability to tick albums and save to someone's custom list etc.
What I could do is add profiles that would includes folders and/or albums. When selecting a profile, the new library would include all those albums. Would that do the trick? If so, I'll add that to the wish list features and that would be implemented along with the playlists.

I would like to have some customs buttons with various Perhaps some other "not so random" random modes, one that randomly plays only from songs previously selected in the past (this would be hard for you impliment I imagine) or one that only play randoms songs from a saved playlist.
The previously play would require to keep track of the frequency which songs/albums are played. That's a good challenge, I might want to eventually also implement it. Added to wishlist. For the playlist, it is a similar problem as the previous request (profiles), already on the wish list.

Support video clips.
Right now, I'm using Qt Phonon media engine which is supposed to support video, so eventually support video clips shouldn't be a problem. I do have encounter problems with some songs with that engine (incompatible format). I might eventually need to try another engine, which might affect the decision to support video or not.  Will see. Added to wish list.

Support dual screen.
I am not setup to test dual screen, so for now, I don't intend to implement it. Or if I put it on the wish list, it will be low priority.

Any chance of supporting NowPlayingScreenSaver
I think it already supports window media player engine, so if I switch the phonon engine for wmp, it should be supported, but for now, I won't really look into that...  :dunno

Display visualisations or synchronised lyrics (LRC format http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LRC_%28file_format%29) or even perhaps lyrics on top of the visualisations, displayed where the albums are or on a second screen.
LRC seems easy to implement. Added to wishlist. As for the vizualisation, I would love to eventually add some, but I would need to understand how it works to integrate them and if there is some library or API available to do this easilly.  Will see...

RetroBorg

• Offline Offline
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2012, 10:23:51 pm »
Excellent, I'm excited!  :applaud:

superbigjay

• Offline Offline
    • superbigjay website
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2012, 10:54:19 pm »
In SK Jukebox it's possible to make an album go into full mode by pressing F1, F2, F3, F4, can you add this to your key remapping screen too? I want to be able to select albums using this method then scroll up and down and press enter to select the song I wish to play, I don't wish to use numbers at all
Added back to config form.
I added 8 keys (default F1-F8) to support album page layouts displaying up to 8 albums.

RetroBorg

• Offline Offline
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2012, 11:25:16 pm »
Nice.  ;D

superbigjay

• Offline Offline
    • superbigjay website
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2012, 11:58:35 pm »
Tonight progress:

- add back keys to select an album on the current album page.
- implement Config - Audio Engine - Allow Click Song Removal
- implement RandomPlay functionality
- implement key swap for Config - Audio Engine - Key Remap to enforce key exclusivity
- implement Config - General - Use Mouse Wheel To Scroll Albums (and add checkbox to config form)
- improve Audio Engine class to fix some minor bugs
- added some wish list items ... thanks to RetroBorg for giving me more work to do  ;)

egosbar

• Offline Offline
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2012, 02:44:20 am »
is there anything else you can look at to scroll ,  ive never been a fan of scroll bars on a juke , it looks to computer orientated

RetroBorg

• Offline Offline
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2012, 07:24:24 am »
is there anything else you can look at to scroll ,  ive never been a fan of scroll bars on a juke , it looks to computer orientated

Agreed, I always disable them in SK Jukebox.

superbigjay

• Offline Offline
    • superbigjay website
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2012, 12:09:52 am »
I added 3 checkboxes to enable/disable scrollbar for song list in page view, song list in album view and also for the queue list.

Tonight's progress:
- Added the debug module to generate the debug logs and started to generate some debug info. That info will hopefully help me when I'll be in the beta testing phase ...
- implement auto enable/disable of widgets depending of the selection. For example, if you enable USE_ID3, then the folder naming style section will be disabled.

Well, nothing worth a snapshot  :dunno

Good night!
Cheers

egosbar

• Offline Offline
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2012, 02:35:10 am »
i agree scrolling fast is a must , sk done it very well , skg didnt it was one of the things which let it down , also sk scrolled very fast when holding the up down arrow in which was also very good

sk loading up was great as was the loading of a playlist if i remember

an option to have a-z on screen would be good i wasnt a real fan of the jump letter but id have to have another look  , ill give you my buttons if you can use them , they look like they are on when pushed , also decades like touchjams is good as well , have good buttons that look like they are switched on for the decade buttons as well

really like the spectrums in sk with the ability to adjust colors to suit what you like

superbigjay

• Offline Offline
    • superbigjay website
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2012, 09:53:07 pm »
latest progress:

add debug trace : DEBUGITEM_DYNAMICOBJECT_CREATE
add debug trace : DEBUGITEM_DYNAMICOBJECT_DELETE
add debug trace : DEBUGITEM_DYNAMICOBJECT_MESSAGE
finalize smart disable feature of config panel
finalize all FolderStyles to decode album metadata (non-id3)
finalize all FileStyles to decode song meta data (non-id3)

I'll probably take a day off tomorrow... I need some rest and some family time  :laugh:

Quick question : How does the playlist works?
It simply add all the song to the queue list?
I'll add a switch in the config to play the queue randomly, so it will allow to play those playlists randomly.

ill give you my buttons if you can use them , they look like they are on when pushed , also decades like touchjams is good as well , have good buttons that look like they are switched on for the decade buttons as well
PM sent with my email.

egosbar

• Offline Offline
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2012, 05:25:40 pm »
not really sure how the playlist works , it saves a document on your computer hard drive and loads from there somehow , windows media player does it the  best ive seen  ,  you can add any song even when its playing to your playlist and it just keeps building it , the best thing is that it tells you if you already have the song so you dont get a lot of doubles

be good to be able to sort your playlist alphabetically by artist  so you can check for doubles and random play is a must

it has to be a reasonably quick load , ive used a few juke software that takes a while  on a long playlist

superbigjay

• Offline Offline
    • superbigjay website
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2012, 10:22:53 pm »
I think I have figure out how uroJUKEstyx will handle playlists (requested by egosbar) and profiles (requested by retroborg). Here's the idea:

Music Folders:
The music library the user already specify the music folders to indicate where to look to find the music files.

Album List (aka Profiles)
uroJUKEstyx will allow to specify profile file. A profile is a file that contains albums (folders) (ex: Party.profile, Phil.profile, ...)
So there will be a new category like the music folders to select the music profiles.

Upon startup, the program will scan the folders to add the album. Then it will read the profiles files and add these extra albums. Since these might already be included in the music folders, there will be duplicates detection to avoid having the same album appearing more than once in the final library. But the profile could also include album folders that weren't included in the music folders.

So let say you have the folders
music/rock/...
music/dance/...
profiles/Party.profile
profiles/Phil.profile

You will end up with the following genres : rock, dance, Party (profile), Phil (profile)
** Right now, I intend to treat the profile like if it was a genre.
Then, with the filter function, the user would by able to select 1 or more genre.
So Let say you're having a party, you would set your filter to genre=Party (profile), the resulting filtered music library would include all the albums specified in the file Party.profile.
That would allow the user to build a new "genre", re-using existing albums in the library without the need to have duplicates in its directory tree.
There will be a button to add the album to the selected profile, and of course, a profile editor.

Note: uroJUKEstyx will have a more flexible filter than skj. For example, you will be able to select multiple genres (ex: Dance + Party (profile), or multiples years or other combinations... More on this when I implement it.

For the playlist, I've look at how skj works. It simply adds all the file to the queue.
uroJUKEstyx will handle them differently. A playlist will be considered  like an album. If the filter is set to include playlist, then you will have each playlist displayed like an album. That way the user will be able to:
- browse the playist and add specific songs
- add the full album (this would be the skj equivalent, since all the playlist songs would be added to the queue)

Finally, I will implement different random modes:
- random library repeat : this is the normal random mode where a new random song in the filtered library is played when no more song are in the queue.
- random library unique : same as random library repeat, but each song can only be played once.
- random queue repeat : instead of taking first song of the queue, it will take a random song from the queue and WON'T REMOVE IT from the queue.
- random queue unique : same as random queue repeat, but will remove the song from the queue, so that it is only played once.

*** I need better name than repeat/unique. If you have suggestion ... :dunno

If you see anything missing or wrong, let me know.

superbigjay

• Offline Offline
    • superbigjay website
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2012, 11:58:00 pm »
tonight progress:

Nov 03, 2012
add debug trace : DEBUGITEM_AUDIOENGINE_MESSAGE
audio engine class clean up (thanks to the new trace...)
define how to handle playlists and profiles

Nothing worth a snap shots since interface is unchanged ...

Sweet dreamssssszzzZZZZZZ  >:D

RetroBorg

• Offline Offline
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2012, 04:33:15 am »
You've been a busy boy.

For that random name, perhaps "random minus one"?

superbigjay

• Offline Offline
    • superbigjay website
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2012, 09:23:44 am »
You've been a busy boy.

For that random name, perhaps "random minus one"?
Random-1
simple and clear.
Sold  :applaud:

egosbar

• Offline Offline
« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2012, 07:54:15 pm »

I'm not a fan of touchscreens so all my request will be from this point of view.

ive built mine around buttons but why not have the touchscreen option as well , the touchscreen with touchjams is supberb , look forward to seeing your design do you have anything on paper yet

when i built mine i drew plans up for months while i was researching , pleased to say ive got the only jukebox corner unit that ive come across lol
heres the link if you want a look http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,105231.0.html

superbigjay

• Offline Offline
    • superbigjay website
« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2012, 09:34:24 pm »
...heres the link if you want a look...
I already had a look at RetroBorg's Juke, which is nice, but I'm not sure what you want me to look at?
Jay  :dunno

superbigjay

• Offline Offline
    • superbigjay website
« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2012, 12:11:26 am »
another update ...

Tonight, I've reworked the config panel (see snapshots).

Changes are:

Music Library tab:
- Added list for profiles and playlist

Music Filter tab (new):
This tab is similar to the filter window that will be used to specify the filters to apply to the library.
SKJ offers a filter where you select the genre, then all the album with that genre are available for browsing.
uroJUKEstyx filtering will be more flexible by allowing the user to select 1 or more genre/artist/year/playlist and use condition like all/any/none.

General tab:
Add: song ID is dynamic.
By default, uroJUKEstyx will use the album with the highest number of tracks to decide how many digits it will use for all albums.
So if you have 3 albums with 8, 12 and 100 songs, then all albums will required the user to enter 3 digits to select then song.
If that option is ticked, then if will take 1 digit to select a song in the 8-songs album, 2 in the 12-songs ...

Display tab:
Add: don't close album view when song is selected

Key remap tab:
Add: keys to select album 1-8 in the current page
Add: key for random mode and repeat mode for queue and now playing

Audio Engine tab:
Add option for the randomizer : songs or song+album.
When song is selected, the randomizer pick a random song int the whole library
When album+song is selected, the randomizer first pick a random album, then a random song in that album

Startup tab:
add some options to set the random and repeat mode at boot.

Other progress...
I've done the OSK qwerty keyboard that will be displayed (if enabled) for searches in the library.

and other stuff ...

Got to go, my eyes are burning and the baby is waking up ...

superbigjay

• Offline Offline
    • superbigjay website
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2012, 06:24:02 pm »
ill give you my buttons if you can use them , they look like they are on when pushed , also decades like touchjams is good as well , have good buttons that look like they are switched on for the decade buttons as well
PM sent with my email.[/quote]

Hey egosbar, could you send me your buttons.
I'll build my complete set of button with photoshop, when I'll be at the bling bling stage, but for now, it could give some idea on what to use...
I've sent you a PM with my email adress.