Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: BYOACers helping BYOACers  (Read 32278 times)

lcmgadgets

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 31, 2023, 01:46:12 pm
  • Can u guess what game this image is from?
Re: BYOACers helping BYOACers
« Reply #80 on: January 11, 2013, 02:19:23 pm »

Is the trust fund ready for us?

Not yet, I'm afraid. Sorry its taking so long. Actually, I thot u & the others here had already made a donation to H's bank account--that's what I get for not checking the account activity, which I've been meaning to do for some time (& have to--a number of people have donated to that account, & I have had to put some other funds in there that have to b allocated to other things, &, needless to say, I have to get figured out whats what. But it shouldn't b too hard).

I go to see the lawyer to set up the trust fund on January 29th. Going by past record, & by how complicated the Henson trust fund seems to be to get set up, I doubt it'll b done then. But I'm on it.

& thanks again, everyone, for your bottomless patience, & your generosity. I, Harrison, our extended family & friends will always be grateful.
"Godzilla is a warning. A warning to each and every one of us. When mankind falls into conflict with nature, monsters are born."
Professor Hayashida

ChadTower

• Chief Kicker - Nobody's perfect, including me. Fantastic body.
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 19, 2022, 12:01:54 pm
« Reply #81 on: January 11, 2013, 03:29:07 pm »

I have not yet set up a way for people to donate.  I don't want to collect money and sit on it waiting for the lawyers to do their thing.  I can't think of anything to gain from doing that.

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Online Online
  • Last login:Today at 12:27:37 am
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
« Reply #82 on: January 11, 2013, 05:55:35 pm »
Don't worry everyone, It's not a big deal. This will happen.

I know we're all eager to help out, but there is a due process that needs to happen. Lot's of other priority things need to be taken care of. Craig has a heapload of crap on his plate and he's gagging it down one spoon at a time, the best he can.

lcmgadgets

• Offline Offline
« Reply #83 on: January 12, 2013, 09:44:18 pm »
Warning, I'm about to whine.

he's gagging it down one spoon at a time

I couldn't have described it better myself.

...& I'm sorry for whining, but u hit the nail so well on the head...
"Godzilla is a warning. A warning to each and every one of us. When mankind falls into conflict with nature, monsters are born."
Professor Hayashida

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Online Online
  • Last login:Today at 12:27:37 am
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
« Reply #84 on: January 13, 2013, 12:48:28 am »
Warning, I'm about to whine.

he's gagging it down one spoon at a time

I couldn't have described it better myself.

...& I'm sorry for whining, but u hit the nail so well on the head...

not at all. everyone is entitled.   ;)

lcmgadgets

• Offline Offline
« Reply #85 on: February 07, 2013, 09:13:41 pm »
Sorry its been awhile, everyone, as usual, my excuse is excessive busy-ness.

Trust fund still pending. I saw the lawyer, & he told me the bank is the place to set up the 'fund. I should have been clearer what I wanted, because when I went to the bank they told me if I want it set up so that no one (including me) can draw from it (until conditions r met--I'm thinking the fund should b inaccessible until hes 18, & that after that he can draw from it freely, unless hes judged incompetent (not likely--hes high functioning) in which case his guardian (me, probably) would have access to it to attend to his needs) I need to talk to the lawyer.

Sigh. I go back to the lawyer on the 12th. I also hope to have my will completed then. I'll say it again--if u haven't prepared a will, GET IT DONE.

Craig
Professor Hayashida

ChadTower

• Offline Offline
« Reply #86 on: February 12, 2013, 10:45:28 am »

No problem, we're here, it's not stressing anyone out to wait.  Get to it when you can and let us know.

lcmgadgets

• Offline Offline
« Reply #87 on: March 13, 2013, 11:27:00 pm »
Hi everyone. Sorry I haven't been in touch for a while. I've been workin on some stuff wth my son, & its been eating up a lot of time.

About the trust--I had a brain storm about a week ago that made me realize what an idiot I am. Harrison has an RDSP, & I had just maxed it out for the year (maxed out in the sense that I contributed the most that I can that the government will match), when it occured to me that that is what I could have offered to people who wanted to help. I could have done this all the way back in October, I'll bet, if I'd moved quicker. Anyway, a financial planner is looking into it now to make sure that there are no problems with over-contributing (I'm hoping any over contributions are government-matched NEXT year--the 'planner's looking into it), that its locked in so that no one can touch it but Harrison, when he can get at it, & how people other than me go about contributing.

Anyway, sorry for my stupidity. So many have been so patient & so kind for so long. We truly, truly appreciate it.
Professor Hayashida

ChadTower

• Offline Offline
« Reply #88 on: March 14, 2013, 02:36:58 pm »

Don't worry about it.  It's a trust so it's not like he is going to be using these funds immediately.  We're just trying to top the tank off a bit so it is fuller later on. 

lcmgadgets

• Offline Offline
« Reply #89 on: April 15, 2013, 06:50:52 pm »
Hi everyone. Well, I'm still waiting to hear from the financial planner about the ins & outs of an RDSP. Story I've heard is that his assistant quit on him, & the replacement he hired didn't stay either, so hes trying to do everything himself. I'll call him again soon if I don't hear anything.

& I've been thinking...(I often find this's a bad idea, but...). Some time back I asked if there was anyone out there who would build my dream cab for me, & offered money towards that end. The more I think about it--I've slowly come to realize that I need to b the one to build this thing. Not only is it selfish & ridiculous of me to ask (even when I'm offering cash), but this's been my baby all along (with credits for the design & plans going to all those who I'm 'stealing' them from (primarily weisshaupt--c the thread on the amazing 'Ghost in the Machine Mark II' for those very few who haven't, & Randy T--c the 'LCD marquee project')), & I suspect that the 'adventure' of the build (the knowledge I'll gain, the pride & confidence of a great project completed, the indepth understanding of a self-built cab that'll help with repairs/maintenance/upgrades, etc.) will far outway simply getting to play the classics (however great that is). I don't know how I'll pull this off, with no space to work in, very limited tools (that ones's easily solved, I know), my limited understanding/experience with woodworking/wiring (again, the mountains of great posts here pretty much eliminate that 1), &, biggest problem of all: No time. But if its not me, I think I'll always feel that I somehow failed.

Anyway, more on this later. Harrison's begging for food (lol).

Thanks, as always, for everyone's patience, sympathy, & understanding.
Professor Hayashida

ChadTower

• Offline Offline
« Reply #90 on: April 17, 2013, 04:24:11 pm »
But if its not me, I think I'll always feel that I somehow failed.

I totally get that.  Maybe the best thing here is building a small and simple MAME cab for yourself, one that doesn't require a ton of woodworking tools, so you have the accomplishment.  Short term that could be done in short working sessions.  By finishing that cab you would gain enough of the skills you lack right now so that tackling the big fancy project is a lot less daunting later on.

lcmgadgets

• Offline Offline
« Reply #91 on: April 18, 2013, 02:51:49 pm »
Maybe the best thing here is building a small and simple MAME cab for yourself, one that doesn't require a ton of woodworking tools, so you have the accomplishment.  Short term that could be done in short working sessions.  By finishing that cab you would gain enough of the skills you lack right now so that tackling the big fancy project is a lot less daunting later on.

Hmmm. Darn it, that makes sense...but boy, I'd sure like to start on the dream cab right off...I may have another way. A friend I've recently made has a workshop (says he needs to 'just clean it up, & it'll b ready again'), does some pretty incredible work himself, & says he'd help me with my project I haven't had a chance to show him just what I'm after, though...lol. He might change his mind when he finds out.
Professor Hayashida

deadmoney5

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 03, 2020, 11:02:02 pm
  • I don't feel tardy
« Reply #92 on: May 28, 2014, 04:41:01 pm »
Whatever happened with this?  I just read the thread today.

lcmgadgets

• Offline Offline
« Reply #93 on: June 06, 2014, 12:50:38 am »
Sorry, I haven't been around for a while, real life has gotten in the way. I've finally realized that I've got to focus on getting an income--our savings continue to slip away, & I do not want them to run dry--that money was for our future. So what fly speck of free time I have I've been using to get our basement converted into an apartment. The money we should b able to earn from it should balance our budget, & maybe even provide a little more for savings.

As for the trust fund, I finally became convinced that there's simply no way to do it the way I wanted. In the thread that 'inspired' this 1, I finally simply posted contact info for anyone who thinks they can trust me to send money. All I can offer is a promise that it'll go only to Harrison. & so things kinda stalled out there. I still have a hard time believing there's no way to do this--if anyone has any ideas, please share (why didn't I think of this sooner?!).
Professor Hayashida

deadmoney5

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 03, 2020, 11:02:02 pm
  • I don't feel tardy
« Reply #94 on: June 12, 2014, 12:39:56 pm »
no Worries...I didn't follow this thread.  I just came across it late.  I hope you guys are doing well. :cheers: