Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Can't get gas/brake pedals (or keys) to work in car games  (Read 3695 times)

TacticalChaos

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 29, 2024, 02:36:46 am
Can't get gas/brake pedals (or keys) to work in car games
« on: September 27, 2012, 07:02:08 pm »
I'm running mamep .135 and have a logitech driving force GT wheel.  I was using racer mame for most car games and everything worked fine, but wanted to see what mamehooker would do with these games so tried using my mamep .135 which I was using for all the other games. Problem is no matter what I do, games like cruisn' usa, race/hard drivin' will not allow the car to move (hard/race drivin' acts like it's applying the break at the same time). I had hard drivin' airborn and virtua racing already on this emulator and they worked fine (or good enough).  I've tried changing pedals from combine to not combined and back again, I've reversed the pedals, I've tried recalibrating in the games, I've even tried just using KEYS instead of the pedals and NOTHING works. I can't figure out how I managed to get virtua racing and Hard Drivin' AB to work if these games won't?

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 25, 2024, 08:10:48 pm
Re: Can't get gas/brake pedals (or keys) to work in car games
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 09:07:06 pm »
A few ideas:
(mamehooker won't add ffb to any of those games btw)

1. Make sure joystick=1 in mame.ini (your steering wheel and the other games wouldn't be working if it wasn't though)

2. Never map the pedals to PEDAL INC or PEDAL DEC.  Those are for buttons being substituted for analogue controls.

3. Under Analogue Input in the MAME "in game" menu (tab), reverse one pedal at a time.  Try the brake first.
    Ignore any settings that say DIGITAL.  Again, those are for buttons being substituted for analogue controls.

You are probably better off keeping pedals set to separate.

Afterburner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 27, 2016, 01:02:00 am
Re: Can't get gas/brake pedals (or keys) to work in car games
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 11:43:52 pm »
I've had this same problem before.  It behaved as though it were a bug in one version of mame.  Usually I just waited and upgraded to a newer version and the problem was magically resolved.
  2-player upright dual trackball / dual 8-way rotary joysticks - built from scratch