Main > Project Announcements

Banana Royale (Pac Man Battle Royale Redesign Contest)

(1/62) > >>

Sjaak:
I'm seeking the help of all creative people on this forum.

I've created a clone of the "Pac Man Battle Royale" game from Namco. For obvious reasons I cannot distribute the game, but if I change the characters/graphics and alter the game play enough, it shouldn't be too much of a risk.

So fire up your favorite graphics design software and help create a new original game. Anything goes, even monkeys chasing 4 sentient bananas.

Design specs:

Good guys (4)

6 (120px x 120px) frames for when the main character is powered up, this is scaled down to 50% when the character is not powered up
6 (120px x 120px) frames for when the main character is blinking (just before powerdown)
6 (60px x 60px) frames for when it is being chased
15 (60px x 60px) frames for the death sequence
15 (60px x 60px) frames for the death sequence when it is being chased

Example:

Bad guys (4):

2 (60px x 60px) frames for the main animation
1 (60px x 60px) frame for a fading trail

2 (60px x 60px) frames for the main animation when it's being chased
1 (60px x 60px) frame for a fading trail when it's being chased

2 (60px x 60px) frames for the main animation when it's blinking

Example:

Pills (2)

1 or more (60px x 60px) frames for the normal pill
1 or more (60px x 60px) frames for the power up pill

In the game the pills are also animated, like this:

Sjaak:
Reserved

vanrose72:
Sjaak, you've done an absolutely amazing job building this game so far! Thanks for offering this redesign contest!

I'd like to know if it would be possible to get examples of the good guys, bad guys, and pills you've used in your version of PBR ... just to get an idea of what to build.

Also, is Banana Royale the finalized theme for this contest?

jmike:
 :applaud: :applaud: :applaud:
  This is going to be awesome!!!!!!

:cheers:

Sjaak:

--- Quote from: vanrose72 on September 19, 2012, 08:27:30 am ---Sjaak, you've done an absolutely amazing job building this game so far! Thanks for offering this redesign contest!

I'd like to know if it would be possible to get examples of the good guys, bad guys, and pills you've used in your version of PBR ... just to get an idea of what to build.

Also, is Banana Royale the finalized theme for this contest?

--- End quote ---

I've put up some examples and there's a lot more stuff to design (sparkles, flashes, wooshes and the parts of the maze). Banana Royale is not the finalized theme. I really hope someone comes up with something better.

I'm thinking Alien Royale: Your alien ufo spacecraft is stranded on earth and you're being chased by generic men in black costumes. Abduct a cow to power up your spaceship and destroy the other aliens.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version