Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: A Fistful of Quarters! - western themed Evolution Cab...FINISHED...  (Read 27720 times)

mcseforsale

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 18, 2023, 08:49:34 am
  • Creepy Mario Dude
Re: A Fistful of Quarters! - western themed Evolution Cab...Wish me luck!!
« Reply #80 on: December 28, 2012, 12:09:21 pm »
Yeah.  The Blue Pill uses shifted buttons, but the new owners of this cab will need admin buttons.  With stickers on them explaining what they do....if you know what I'm sayin.   ::)

I did set up the music selection and mamewah volume on the P2 buttons.  I'm going to draw out the CP with the button assignments and print it for them.  I mean, I had to have 2 conversations with my mother in law about how to cut and paste photobucket links from Outlook...if you know what I'm sayin. ::)

AJ

Looking great.

For future builds to save having to use admin buttons at all have you considered going the shifted button route. On Revolution to exit I hold down player 1 then hit player 2. For pause P1+P1 Joystick Down, I even have manual screen rotation overrides on P1+P1 Joystick Left & Right. I've yet to feel like I needed any admin buttons.

griffindodd

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 29, 2023, 02:43:19 pm
  • Builds Stuff
« Reply #81 on: December 28, 2012, 12:11:55 pm »
Ahhh yes, I hear you loud and clear.
I drink and I know things.

mcseforsale

• Offline Offline
  • Creepy Mario Dude
« Reply #82 on: December 28, 2012, 12:13:52 pm »
It's the least I can do.  They've been very good to me.  I met their daughter when we were 14.  After kicking me out of the yard for my long hair for years, they finally relented and became like real parents to me.  That was almost 30 years ago..

AJ

mcseforsale

• Offline Offline
  • Creepy Mario Dude
« Reply #83 on: December 28, 2012, 03:53:18 pm »
Well, it's at it's new home.  FIL showed up with the van and we just went for it.  Since it was modular, I just popped off the CP box whole, pulled out the entire monitor mount and emptied the computer out and boom!  In the van.

Dragged it up a narrow flight of stairs and violay!

We'll be over there celebrating x-mas since everyone was sick this week, so I'll get some play...err, tweaking time while the Italianos cackle about.  :burgerking: :laugh2:

Fin.
</project>

<props>
special thanks to Knievel for the inspiration and a VERY VERY special thanks to LeChuck for the artwork.  And, to all that paid attention to this build.

</props>

AJ

griffindodd

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 29, 2023, 02:43:19 pm
  • Builds Stuff
« Reply #84 on: December 28, 2012, 03:55:55 pm »
Well done sir!!!! Another one checked off the list.
I drink and I know things.

CoryBee

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 21, 2023, 07:12:25 pm
  • Bopity Boopy
« Reply #85 on: December 28, 2012, 04:51:35 pm »
Looking great.

For future builds to save having to use admin buttons at all have you considered going the shifted button route. On Revolution to exit I hold down player 1 then hit player 2. For pause P1+P1 Joystick Down, I even have manual screen rotation overrides on P1+P1 Joystick Left & Right. I've yet to feel like I needed any admin buttons.

Yeah I am not a big fan of the admin buttons. Enough combinations to get things done I think. On mine I use "P1 & Black button". Black is also Select in most consoles and "C^" in N64

mcseforsale

• Offline Offline
  • Creepy Mario Dude
« Reply #86 on: December 28, 2012, 05:07:13 pm »
Yeah, I don't like them either, but consider the audience using the cab.   :dunno  I might have to switch them to black.  Oh, and I'm going to go nutz with rub-on button labels. 

AJ

Looking great.

Yeah I am not a big fan of the admin buttons. Enough combinations to get things done I think. On mine I use "P1 & Black button". Black is also Select in most consoles and "C^" in N64