Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: My first cab build. Moon Patrol multicab. (Update 10-2-12)  (Read 10319 times)

TGov

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 21, 2017, 02:07:54 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: My first cab build. Moon Patrol multicab.
« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2012, 10:00:01 pm »
Well after playing on the original EZ 20 in my DK cabinet, the CRT's have won me over.  I may still make an LCD cab for newer games one of these days.

TGov

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 21, 2017, 02:07:54 pm
Re: My first cab build. Moon Patrol multicab.
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2012, 10:52:01 pm »
Well, possibly a change of plans again ;)  Today a free Pole Position cab fell in my lap, thanks to a generous local fellow.  (Thanks John)  It was in a lot better shape than I thought it would be as I mainly was picking it up for the coin door and possibly a few other parts.  The cab is really solid and doesn't need a ton of work aside from a few minor things that can easily be fixed.  The back door needs replaced. 

I think my brother is going to take it and MAME it as it would make a good MAME cab I think.  There is plenty of room for a 25" monitor and a lot of room for a nice CP.  He has a wood shop so he is prepared to make it awesome and people seem to be less offended when a Pole Position cab gets maimed...er MAMEd, since they are so prevalent and rarely working.  Anyways, not bad for free and in good shape. All of the bezel and marquee retainers are there as well and the pedal is working well.  Speakers are still in there and the marquee light.   Coin door looks repairable without too much work and the mechs work fine.  I think having the pedal in there would be kind of cool and use a spinner for playing some Super Sprint or the like.

tantrum900

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 27, 2018, 11:32:52 am
Re: My first cab build. Moon Patrol multicab. (Update 10-2-12)
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2018, 03:28:30 pm »
Love your moon patrol design.  Are you willing to make your vector files available?   If not, I really just need a vector of the tank.   Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks