Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Would anyone like to take over?  (Read 34792 times)

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 16, 2024, 05:59:16 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
Re: Would anyone like to take over?
« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2014, 12:31:07 am »
Not really.  I'm sorry but the xml load even on "professional" applications on the rom managers is ungodly slow now.  Have you messed with the recent builds of mame since they added all the e.m. and pinball stuff?

SirPoonga

• Puck'em Up
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 12, 2023, 09:22:35 pm
  • The Bears Still Suck!
« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2014, 03:33:41 pm »
But there is a difference between controls.dat and listxml output, controls.dat is not going to be 160megs.  It isn't going to be anywhere close to that.

rassilon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 07, 2023, 07:51:59 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2023, 08:16:12 pm »
@SirPoonga,

I'm happy to help out as I'm finally going to put together a control panel and I really want to have a second display for button labels ala CPWizard and company. We could start by archiving the existing mysql data and the php in github maybe?

I figure that is a simpler place to start from instead of producing schema from modern mame list xml and the
control.xml file.

Thanks,
Bill